Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by Moominpappa » 03 Nov 2010, 18:03

Linda, great post again :) Prost was my favourite driver from 80s to end of his career. I also understand your support to Senna very well. When I followed his F1 career, I saw mostly the dark side of him - unfortunately. Now I know more and I liked so much discussion with you from these guys but writing in English takes too much time for me :(

I see Kimi more as Senna than Prost. Both Senna and Kimi jumped to F1 lower than nobody before. Both of them do what they wants and are natural talents.
I miss a babysitter

Linda-Anne
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Linda-Anne » 03 Nov 2010, 19:07

Iffie, Kinga and Samu I loved your posts as always and its always good and positive to be able to share our thoughts and opinions. As some of you know I had quite a bit of contact with McLaren in those good old days of formula one. I heard and saw a lot of things that went on behind the scenes. Thats why I reacted when I mistankenly thought you guys thought Kimi and Alain had similar personalities.............They truely coulnt be anymore different exept in one area they both know that racing isnt everything, though I think the need for speed is much more burned in Kimis heart than it ever was in Alains.
Iffie I think Alain had a pretty positive relationship with the press on the whole in his McLaren days at least it was most definately Ayrton whom the press hated. The journos and the FIA at that time were firmly with Alain. It changed for him with Ferrari and thats were its similar to Kimi at Ferrari almost as you guys have said "deja vu" Alain was luckier than Kimi thats for sure with his cars and had kimi had the luck with machinery that he deserved he too would have been a triple WDC.
For those who saw racing in the late 80's to the middle of the 90's saw some truely awesom stuff and two guys at the pinnicle of their craft drive to the limit and beyond. Was Alain underated to say Schumacher....well yes I beleive so... but then again so was Senna. Was Kimi massively underated in F1? well yes of course he was. Sadly I have the same thught with Kimi as I had with Ayrton all those years ago. It was this.. That they wouldnt realise what they had lost until he wasnt there drivng any more.

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 03 Nov 2010, 19:21

Linda-Anne wrote: Was Kimi massively underated in F1? well yes of course he was. Sadly I have the same thught with Kimi as I had with Ayrton all those years ago. It was this.. That they wouldnt realise what they had lost until he wasnt there drivng any more.
Exactly. And this is one reason that I really hope that Kimi could ever have got some merits in rally also. He will be a real legend! I hope that he has better luck in this different sport. But of course Kimi has been better luck in F1 than Senna - a thing what we should also remember. One thing still - I told after the rally Bulgaria that in my mind Kimi is the best tarmac rally driver from Finland since Henry Toivonen. I also hope that Kimi has better luck in rally than Henry got.
I miss a babysitter

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by SpaMaster » 04 Nov 2010, 02:04

Kinga wrote:
icemaid wrote:Ok if what you guys say can come true then...

GO WEBBER!!!

WEBBER FOR WDC 2010!!!
Absolutely!!!! Flag:## :thumbsup:
Anyone but Ferrari for me! :p
Curious case of Kimi Raikkonen..

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 04 Nov 2010, 02:37

SpaMaster wrote:
Kinga wrote:
icemaid wrote:Ok if what you guys say can come true then...

GO WEBBER!!!

WEBBER FOR WDC 2010!!!
Absolutely!!!! Flag:## :thumbsup:
Anyone but Ferrari for me! :p
+1
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 04 Nov 2010, 03:46

Just listened to the TotalRally podcast.... they start talking about Kimi at about 34:22

Here is a summary of what The Man Who Can't Tell The Difference Between A Bear And A Dog said:

1. He suspects that Kimi will find a seat somewhere next year but he thinks Kimi is not going to get the same deal as he did this year in the CJT (fully funded and paid)
2. Red Bull may still be a sponsor of Kimi next year, but probably not as much as they sponsored him this year
3. Colin says there is absolutely no way Kimi will ever go to the IRC because he wants to compete at the highest level of any motorsport he is competing in
4. Colin also says Kimi is a very "sponsorable" driver and if he and his management put their mind to it, they can get a similar package like what Petter Solberg has
5. Ideally Kimi would like someone to fund him the way Red Bull has done this year but Colin doesn't think that it's going to happen
6. Colin is very sure that Kimi will have a car for next year because someone will for sure see the value of having Kimi as part of their team

LOL and he says Kimi is the highest paid driver in the history of rallying

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 04 Nov 2010, 04:01

sleenster wrote:Just listened to the TotalRally podcast.... they start talking about Kimi at about 34:22

Here is a summary of what The Man Who Can't Tell The Difference Between A Bear And A Dog said:

1. He suspects that Kimi will find a seat somewhere next year but he thinks Kimi is not going to get the same deal as he did this year in the CJT (fully funded and paid)
2. Red Bull may still be a sponsor of Kimi next year, but probably not as much as they sponsored him this year
3. Colin says there is absolutely no way Kimi will ever go to the IRC because he wants to compete at the highest level of any motorsport he is competing in
4. Colin also says Kimi is a very "sponsorable" driver and if he and his management put their mind to it, they can get a similar package like what Petter Solberg has
5. Ideally Kimi would like someone to fund him the way Red Bull has done this year but Colin doesn't think that it's going to happen
6. Colin is very sure that Kimi will have a car for next year because someone will for sure see the value of having Kimi as part of their team

LOL and he says Kimi is the highest paid driver in the history of rallying
Thanks a ton.
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Dracaena
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dracaena » 04 Nov 2010, 05:55

Thanks sleenie :hug:!

icemaid
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by icemaid » 04 Nov 2010, 12:31

Thanks sleenster!
Don't know why, I'm feeling nervous... :fear:

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 04 Nov 2010, 14:10

Now we all should be really scared with this one. :p :blink:
Raikkonen: it’s WRC or nothing

Kimi Raikkonen will still be a former Grand Prix driver in 2011, having indicated that he would not be interested in doing a deal to go back to Formula One next year.

Recent speculation linking him to Renault’s F1 outfit was vigorously denied by Raikkonen, and the Finn is now fully committed to rallying.

“I enjoy rallying and I want to carry on, but we have to find a solution,” said the 30-year-old, who claimed the Formula One title in 2007. “Hopefully we can sort out the situation soon. But there are no guarantees.”

His manager Steve Robertson confirmed that the emphasis has shifted away from Formula One for Raikkonen, the winner of 18 Grands Prix. “We’re no longer looking at opportunities in F1,” added Robertson. “Kimi seems to be focussed on rallying at the moment.”

The Finn has so far failed to conclude a deal with his backer Red Bull to keep him in the Citroen Junior Team, although his management is working on a deal to keep him within the Citroen fold with reduced funding. Options from MINI and the Monster World Rally Team are also on the table.

“We’re talking to lots of different people,” confirmed Raikkonen. “There are some good possibilities. It’s not something I’m worried about.”

While Citroen’s Olivier Quesnel has previously stated that Raikkonen is “not fast enough’, Ford team principal Malcolm Wilson is one of the Finn’s big supporters.

“Some people have said they can’t see the value in what Kimi is doing,” said Wilson. “Well, for me, he’s brought great value in the WRC. Having him in the sport has raised the profile, created a stir and a story this season. Okay, he’s still learning, but there’s a heck of a lot more to come from him - and he’s still Kimi Raikkonen.”
http://www.wrc.com/news/raikkonen-its-w ... ?fid=13875
Last edited by luieluv on 04 Nov 2010, 14:14, edited 1 time in total.

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 04 Nov 2010, 14:13

i mean why are the official site setting the headlines in such a way...

could it be that kimi has showed interest back in F1??

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 04 Nov 2010, 14:13

Please let it not be the R-word :pray:

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 04 Nov 2010, 14:17

sleenster wrote:Please let it not be the R-word :pray:
There is no official quote of kimi indicating anything of the sorts of headlines...

This kimi raikkonen's case is turning out to be the most mysterious case. A lottery organization can easily award a huge prize to the mystery solver

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 04 Nov 2010, 14:23

Thanks Lui!

Strange article as it contains no new information! :confused: They just put together some quotes of Kimi (things he said during the year) and the statement Steve gave MTV3
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

rko281
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by rko281 » 04 Nov 2010, 14:23

luieluv wrote:
sleenster wrote:Please let it not be the R-word :pray:
There is no official quote of kimi indicating anything of the sorts of headlines...

This kimi raikkonen's case is turning out to be the most mysterious case. A lottery organization can easily award a huge prize to the mystery solver
It's no mystery, if for a moment one can look at the whole picture from an objective point of view (without personal preferences in Kimi's future when analyzing things) then it's a very clear picture, has been since end of 2009/beginning of 2010.