Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by sleenster » 31 Oct 2010, 21:11

iceman1 wrote:
stumm wrote:
Wolfie wrote:Mar, was it you who said that Mark Slade was coming to Merc?

According to Kulta today, Rosberg's race engineer is leaving and according to German sources his new race engineer will be Tony Ross who used to work at Williams.
I'm trying to fit Kimi into the picture here :p
Here’s a news bit about Merc staff transfer from the latest Autosport mag:
Ehm..Sleen :p
Yes, iceman? Image

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 31 Oct 2010, 22:46

stumm wrote:

According to Kulta today, Rosberg's race engineer is leaving and according to German sources his new race engineer will be Tony Ross who used to work at Williams.
It was me. :wave: Wolfie, yes it looks like Tony Ross and Marc Slade are expected to be the new race engineers at MGP.
Ah, it was you Stumm, sorry :hug:

It was so hectic that I forgot who wrote what and when :lol:

Thanks for the article - Marc Slade with Schumi? Do they have a history?
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

stumm
car driver
car driver

Post by stumm » 01 Nov 2010, 10:55

Wolfie wrote: Thanks for the article - Marc Slade with Schumi? Do they have a history?
I don’t think they have a history. Before joining Renault, Mark spent about 18 years at McLaren. But he’s a very good engineer, and I guess Merc guys still rate him highly because he won 2 WDC’s for them with Mika.
...and Kimi even tried to get Mark with him to Ferrari :)

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 01 Nov 2010, 11:04

stumm wrote:
Wolfie wrote: Thanks for the article - Marc Slade with Schumi? Do they have a history?
I don’t think they have a history. Before joining Renault, Mark spent about 18 years at McLaren. But he’s a very good engineer, and I guess Merc guys still rate him highly because he won 2 WDC’s for them with Mika.
...and Kimi even tried to get Mark with him to Ferrari :)
Is that true, Stumm :blink:

Did Kimi try to get Mark with him to Ferrari?

Who said no, do you know, Mark, Alonso or Ron?

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 01 Nov 2010, 11:20

Hopefully just 2 more weeks to wait :pray:
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

stumm
car driver
car driver

Post by stumm » 01 Nov 2010, 11:49

Wolfie wrote:Is that true, Stumm :blink:

Did Kimi try to get Mark with him to Ferrari?

Who said no, do you know, Mark, Alonso or Ron?
Yes, I read about it in some magazine a few years ago. Sorry, I don’t remember exactly which one it was, maybe "F1 Racing". But I do remember that the article implied that Ron had vetoed Slade’s move to SF

spinster
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by spinster » 01 Nov 2010, 12:37

okay we're 01/11... Kimi did his best the last 2 years...I think he's contract is biased on our numbers of pages in this thread...
Don't dream your life...LIVE YOUR DREAMS!!!

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 01 Nov 2010, 13:49

spinster wrote:okay we're 01/11... Kimi did his best the last 2 years...I think he's contract is biased on our numbers of pages in this thread...
We don't yet know what kind of bomb is dropped on us but all the more reason for us all to be one group where eveyone is supporting each other :pray:

@ Stumm, thanks for the information. Of course it was Ron, it had to be :lol:

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by SpaMaster » 01 Nov 2010, 18:04

stumm wrote:

It was me. :wave: Wolfie, yes it looks like Tony Ross and Marc Slade are expected to be the new race engineers at MGP.
The whaat?
Curious case of Kimi Raikkonen..

Soren
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Soren » 01 Nov 2010, 22:39

stumm wrote:

So since Kimi tried to get Mark Slade with him to Ferrari, perhaps Mark was the very reason why Kimi sniffed at Renault a little bit. And he may have found out that he was leaving for Merc anyway which is why there suddenly was no interest in Renault at all.

I think Schumi has to shine next year or he is out before the year is over. And Kimi will be waiting to take Schumis place in '12 along with his old engineer and good buddy Haug in the wings. Wham bam, thank you maam. Its a match made in heaven. Lol.

If Kimi doesnt get any podiums next year in rally, I think he might take good notion about that possibility with Merc. And Im sure the Robertsons will be more than happy to look into that scenario. But Mercedes has to win one or two races next year for Kimi to get really interested, in case his rally goals dont hit the target.
Speculation is fun :cool:
Join our feisty Kimi Raikkonen group on Facebook
Click and join :D
Click here to follow us on Twitter as well

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 01 Nov 2010, 23:19

Soren wrote: So since Kimi tried to get Mark Slade with him to Ferrari, perhaps Mark was the very reason why Kimi sniffed at Renault a little bit. And he may have found out that he was leaving for Merc anyway which is why there suddenly was no interest in Renault at all.

I think Schumi has to shine next year or he is out before the year is over. And Kimi will be waiting to take Schumis place in '12 along with his old engineer and good buddy Haug in the wings. Wham bam, thank you maam. Its a match made in heaven. Lol.

If Kimi doesnt get any podiums next year in rally, I think he might take good notion about that possibility with Merc. And Im sure the Robertsons will be more than happy to look into that scenario. But Mercedes has to win one or two races next year for Kimi to get really interested, in case his rally goals dont hit the target.
Speculation is fun :cool:
Amen to that, Soren! :pray: But I'm not so patient. I want Kimi in Merc already from next year! :p

iffie
car driver
car driver

Post by iffie » 03 Nov 2010, 12:51

I was wondering about one thing.

Although Steve Robertson has pretty much confirmed that Kimi is not returning to F1, I still cannot quite believe it.

Remember when Kimi won the WDC in 2007? When was the last time before that when three drivers battled each other for the title – right, 1986 – Piquet, Mansell and Prost.
Prost was the underdog in that fight but he made it anyway, just like Kimi in 2007.

Think about Prost's not so nice departure from Ferrari in 1991 and his sabbatical in 1992. Then switch to 2009 and Kimi's departure from Ferrari and HIS sabbatical.

In 1992 Mansell won the title in the superior Williams. It was his only title and he retired from F1 after that. Prost took his place in 1993 and became WDC again.

This year we have Webber in a superior Red Bull and he is a contender. If he wins the title he'll probably retire. And who could replace him? Yes... :n

I know that one can dig up parallels between random drivers, but still, just think about it...
I think it is time for history to repeat itself one more time... :O
Last edited by iffie on 03 Nov 2010, 12:57, edited 1 time in total.

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 03 Nov 2010, 12:56

iffie wrote:I was wondering about one thing.

Although Steve Roberston has pretty much confirmed that Kimi is not returning to F1, I still cannot quite believe it.

Remember when Kimi won the WDC in 2007? When was the last time before that when three drivers battled each other for the title – right, 1986 – Piquet, Mansell and Prost.
Prost was the underdog in that fight but he made it anyway, just like Kimi in 2007.

Think about Prost's not so nice departure from Ferrari in 1991 and his sabbatical in 1992. Then switch to 2009 and Kimi's departure from Ferrari and HIS sabbatical.

In 1992 Mansell won the title in the superior Williams. It was his only title and he retired from F1 after that. Prost took his place in 1993 and became WDC again.

This year we have Webber in a superior Red Bull and he is a contender. If he wins the title he'll probably retire. And who could replace him? Yes... :n

I know that one can dig up parallels between random drivers, but still, just think about it...
I think it is time for history to repeat itself one more time... :O
I just adore your words because I think 100% the same!!! :shhh:

You know I was a Prost fan (still I am) and I wrote absolutely the same thing to my friend when Kimi said he would switch to rallying... that Kimi should "do a Prost" in 2011!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want the history to repeat itself one more time! :pray:

iffie
car driver
car driver

Post by iffie » 03 Nov 2010, 13:03

Kinga wrote:I just adore your words because I think 100% the same!!! :shhh:

You know I was a Prost fan (still I am) and I wrote absolutely the same thing to my friend when Kimi said he would switch to rallying... that Kimi should "do a Prost" in 2011!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good to know that, Kinga! I love Prost, too! That's why I noticed these things and I'm constantly comparing these two. :lol:
I mean, even their first result in F1 was the same - 6th! :)
And then this thing with those fastest laps... :O

I really really reaaalllyyy hope Kimi does a ˝Prost˝ as you put it! :hug:

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 03 Nov 2010, 13:29

iffie wrote:
Kinga wrote:I just adore your words because I think 100% the same!!! :shhh:

Good to know that, Kinga! I love Prost, too! That's why I noticed these things and I'm constantly comparing these two. :lol:
I mean, even their first result in F1 was the same - 6th! :)
And then this thing with those fastest laps... :O

I really really reaaalllyyy hope Kimi does a ˝Prost˝ as you put it! :hug:
Yeah, there are some similarities in their career and even though Prost could win 4 world titles, with more luck he could have won even more (just think about the half point difference in 1984) just like Kimi could have won more than 1.