The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Post by sleenster » 01 Nov 2010, 22:23

Kinga wrote:
I agree. I would like to see some emotions sometimes on Kimi's face. But we used to this steely look of his.

Would have been nice to see a half Kimi-like smile when he's read my prologue from the Birthday messages book but oh well. That's Kimi for you. Though on one of my pictures he touches his left eye, we were joking with my friends that maybe he wiped off a tear. LOL
Awww Kinga, he did have a tough day on that day. I'm sure later when he has collected his thoughts and when Mark gave him the book, he'll read it and smile. :)

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 01 Nov 2010, 22:25

beefree88 wrote: You know, that's what I hated in the whole darned Ferrari situation ? If anybody, Kimi should have deserve to be respected as a spotsman and as a human. Yet they turned it against him, took part in trying to ridicule and humiliating him. Basking in his results, but blaming him for the mistakes. I wouldn't have been particularly disturbed if he leaves F1 after his Ferrari contract expires. I don't expect though some kind of pay back for this. It's done, and won't be changed more than him losing the WDC in 2005. Yes, he should be there, winning races, instead of a number of others, but it won't happen. Funnily his exit from F1 was as unusual as his entry. I'm glad that after all this he's still a respectable guy.
Whatever happens, he's as strong mentally as he is physically.
I don't remember, was it Rosberg or Heikki that said that if Ferrari did that to them, they would be crushed? I am glad that Kimi is stronger than that though.

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 01 Nov 2010, 22:27

'Cool as a cucumber' :lol:

But according to the beloved granny who passed away, she was the only one who Kimi allowed near him after disappointments in karting as a kid. He just took off to a private place and came back after that.

There was a great story in the Jäämies-book:
Jokinen remembers how "Team Räikkönen" was somewhere in Europe with their orange Merc-van. Even Räikkönen's parents were with them. The race was a catastrophy: nobody said a word when they were driving home and they drove mile after mile in silence. Then Räikkönen all of a sudden pushed himself to the front from the back of the van and said:

- okay, it looks like Räikkönen's shooting star is coming down a bit.

That released the situation and everybody bursted laughing.
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 01 Nov 2010, 22:28

Kinga wrote:
sleenster wrote:
Kinga wrote:
Wolfie wrote: When watching the Antti-video you can see men go into pieces, crying on podium and in bushes, fighting and shouting etc. but our man keeps it together and doesn't show anyone his disappointment or anger. Kimi must have tremendeous mental powers, honestly!!!
Yeah, Kimi really is incredible. Just compare him with the other Finn. Even the lovely and most of the time calm Mikka couldn't hold back his tears once. That was an other moment I'll never forget. :(
Just because Mika cried once in the bushes doesn't make me like him any less though :confused:
Of course not! That's not what I wanted to say with it. :) I love Mikka, I've always loved him and it broke my heart to see him like that. Just as much when I saw Kimi walking in Monaco.
Remember that pic of Kimi sitting near the track at Singapour in 2008 and looking down? That was as heart breaking to see than any other crying their hearts out. His whole being radiated sadness, and defeat
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 01 Nov 2010, 22:30

beefree88 wrote: You know, that's what I hated in the whole darned Ferrari situation ? If anybody, Kimi should have deserve to be respected as a spotsman and as a human. Yet they turned it against him, took part in trying to ridicule and humiliating him. Basking in his results, but blaming him for the mistakes. I wouldn't have been particularly disturbed if he leaves F1 after his Ferrari contract expires. I don't expect though some kind of pay back for this. It's done, and won't be changed more than him losing the WDC in 2005. Yes, he should be there, winning races, instead of a number of others, but it won't happen. Funnily his exit from F1 was as unusual as his entry. I'm glad that after all this he's still a respectable guy.
I agree, especially with the bold part. I think I'm not the only one. But sorrily we can't do anything. I cried enough because of this, I won't anymore. Because I know that Kimi's got over it, much earlier than me I guess. :)

Sleen: I don't think Kimi got the book already in Spain. Mark told me he could give him the earliest last week in Switzerland. I don't think I could've seen that half Kimi smile had it been a good day for Kimi. :)

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 01 Nov 2010, 22:32

@Kinga Whenever Kimi gets the book, I am sure he will smile though because when I read it it was impossible not to smile! :)

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 01 Nov 2010, 22:33

Thanks beefree, you just wrote something that never crossed my mind: Kimi's exit was as unusual as his entry.

I can live with that :lol:

Wonder who is more hurt, Kimi or his fans? Because I felt it like a knife everytime they dragged him through the mud and for no reason whatsoever - except of course trying to keep their nose clean at his expense :<>:

But Turrini acknowledged the merits of Alonso arriving to Ferrari: Santander's money :lol:

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 01 Nov 2010, 22:34

sleenster wrote:@Kinga Whenever Kimi gets the book, I am sure he will smile though because when I read it it was impossible not to smile! :)
Amen to that :hug:

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 01 Nov 2010, 22:35

beefree88 wrote: Remember that pic of Kimi sitting near the track at Singapour in 2008 and looking down? That was as heart breaking to see than any other crying their hearts out. His whole being radiated sadness, and defeat
Oh, yes. *cries* Another heartbreaking moment. Well, then we can count here the moment from Spa 2008. After the crash he's walking on the grass and you can see him taking a big, a huuuuge breath. Even can be seen on his shoulders. Remember that one? :(

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 01 Nov 2010, 22:36

Wolfie wrote:
Thanks beefree, you just wrote something that never crossed my mind: Kimi's exit was as unusual as his entry.

I can live with that :lol:

Wonder who is more hurt, Kimi or his fans? Because I felt it like a knife everytime they dragged him through the mud and for no reason whatsoever - except of course trying to keep their nose clean at his expense :<>:

But Turrini acknowledged the merits of Alonso arriving to Ferrari: Santander's money :lol:
I admire the fact that Kimi never once said a bad word against Ferrari, if it was me I would be shouting from the rooftops and airing all of Ferrari's dirty laundry by now. :lol:

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 01 Nov 2010, 22:36

sleenster wrote:
Wolfie wrote:
sleenster wrote:
Kinga wrote:
Wolfie wrote: When watching the Antti-video you can see men go into pieces, crying on podium and in bushes, fighting and shouting etc. but our man keeps it together and doesn't show anyone his disappointment or anger. Kimi must have tremendeous mental powers, honestly!!!
Yeah, Kimi really is incredible. Just compare him with the other Finn. Even the lovely and most of the time calm Mikka couldn't hold back his tears once. That was an other moment I'll never forget. :(
Just because Mika cried once in the bushes doesn't make me like him any less though :confused:
It doesn't make him less in any sense, we were just comparing him to Kimi.

When Kimi won the WDC he cried according to Dyer or Stella and you could see it by the way his helmet moved from one side to another in the car. It makes me cry when thinking of the emotional outburst that at a moment like that was so Kimi-like. Privately crying out of happiness.

I thought the funniest thing about the rally in France was when Kimi went off the road and got stuck and he was SO FURIOUS but later when they interviewed him he was as cool as a cucumber. :lol:

I always thought he was calm and collected all the time but I think he's just good at hiding his emotions when talking to the media.
Well, as Kulta said, he has the ability to leave even the most bitter disappointment fast behind.
The really admirable thing is, that he's also able to stand up and succeed after pretty big blows.
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 01 Nov 2010, 22:37

Kinga wrote:
beefree88 wrote: Remember that pic of Kimi sitting near the track at Singapour in 2008 and looking down? That was as heart breaking to see than any other crying their hearts out. His whole being radiated sadness, and defeat
Oh, yes. *cries* Another heartbreaking moment. Well, then we can count here the moment from Spa 2008. After the crash he's walking on the grass and you can see him taking a big, a huuuuge breath. Even can be seen on his shoulders. Remember that one? :(
*cries*

It was the moment when he realised that he didn't have a shot at the WDC :(

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 01 Nov 2010, 22:38

Wolfie wrote:
sleenster wrote:@Kinga Whenever Kimi gets the book, I am sure he will smile though because when I read it it was impossible not to smile! :)
Amen to that :hug:
Amen to that! :hug: :shhh:

Can you imagine it? LOL Kimi's sitting near the fireplace, the book is in his hands, hot chocolate is there, he's reading and smiling. Oh... a girl can dream, right?! :lol: :blush:

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 01 Nov 2010, 22:39

sleenster wrote: I admire the fact that Kimi never once said a bad word against Ferrari, if it was me I would be shouting from the rooftops and airing all of Ferrari's dirty laundry by now. :lol:
Same here!!!! :lol: :O

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 01 Nov 2010, 22:41

sleenster wrote: I admire the fact that Kimi never once said a bad word against Ferrari, if it was me I would be shouting from the rooftops and airing all of Ferrari's dirty laundry by now. :lol:
Me too and every single tabloid would get my story, that's for sure :lol:

There's one more thing that makes Kimi even more respectable: Kimi hasn't 'leaked' out the truth like so many others would have done. He really respected his employer and contract to the end.

Was it Lorenzo who said that no tifoso would have complained if Kimi would have just stood up from the car after the start and gone home. Showed up in the next few races and done the same :lol: