The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Post by Mar » 30 Oct 2010, 16:29

@Iceman: of course, I was joking. I know Wolfie doesn’t have opening exclamation marks (¡), opening question marks (¿) or ñ in her keyboard.

About your questions Wolfie,

Kimi fans and Spain: It’s not so bad because:
  • a) Many Spanish motorsport fans like Kimi because he races, plays fair play, and keeps his mouth closed (many Spaniards don’t like that little tendency Alonso has to speak too much and to get involved in all the possible scandals).

b) Many Spanish motorsport fans prefer other drivers, but they are polite or smart enough to understand that other people think differently.

c) Some Spanish guys, who don’t like the Kimi and could be enclosed into group d), have learnt to keep their mouths closed and not say a bad word about the boy at home if they don’t want to sleep on the couch.

d) The only kind of person who could come and tell you something because you prefer the Finnish guy instead of the Spanish one are those ultra nationalists who are following Alonso only because of his passport and don’t even understand a word about motorsport. They will stop following F1 in the moment Alonso is not there any longer. I simply avoid those guys, but not because of the F1 thing, but because of the kind of guys they are.

About the public opinion:
  • group a) those who really like motorsport: they don't have such a bad opinon about him, not at all. Most people are smart enough to know what to believe and what not.

group b) those following only the flag (group d) avobe). Here we have two sub-groups:
    • b.1) they already have their new evil beings to follow (Massa, Vettel and the FIA, plus the traditional Hamilton, of course). I don't think they remember Kimi at all.

b.2) those in this group who deep inside know Kimi was not bad at all: they are obsessed with the guy and can't let go.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 30 Oct 2010, 16:52

Wolfie wrote:ATTENTION!!! MUY IMPORTANTE!!!

After having a discussion with Iceman about this thread, which went about like this:

Wolfie: Image

Iceman: Image

and ended like this Image
Wolfie your smilies are awsome :lol:
Mar wrote:@Iceman: of course, I was joking. I know Wolfie doesn’t have opening exclamation marks (¡), opening question marks (¿) or ñ in her keyboard.
jajaja :p

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 30 Oct 2010, 17:05

Mar wrote:@Iceman: of course, I was joking. I know Wolfie doesn’t have opening exclamation marks (¡), opening question marks (¿) or ñ in her keyboard.

About your questions Wolfie,

Kimi fans and Spain: It’s not so bad because:
  • a) Many Spanish motorsport fans like Kimi because he races, plays fair play, and keeps his mouth closed (many Spaniards don’t like that little tendency Alonso has to speak too much and to get involved in all the possible scandals).

b) Many Spanish motorsport fans prefer other drivers, but they are polite or smart enough to understand that other people think differently.

c) Some Spanish guys, who don’t like the Kimi and could be enclosed into group d), have learnt to keep their mouths closed and not say a bad word about the boy at home if they don’t want to sleep on the couch.

d) The only kind of person who could come and tell you something because you prefer the Finnish guy instead of the Spanish one are those ultra nationalists who are following Alonso only because of his passport and don’t even understand a word about motorsport. They will stop following F1 in the moment Alonso is not there any longer. I simply avoid those guys, but not because of the F1 thing, but because of the kind of guys they are.

About the public opinion:
  • group a) those who really like motorsport: they don't have such a bad opinon about him, not at all. Most people are smart enough to know what to believe and what not.

group b) those following only the flag (group d) avobe). Here we have two sub-groups:
    • b.1) they already have their new evil beings to follow (Massa, Vettel and the FIA, plus the traditional Hamilton, of course). I don't think they remember Kimi at all.

b.2) those in this group who deep inside know Kimi was not bad at all: they are obsessed with the guy and can't let go.
Oi, did I misunderstand the exclamation marks :blush: :lol:

Thank you Mar, that was pure gold :shhh:

Great to know that something that is sometimes read in tabloids aren't a reflection of the majority - my sister lives in Spain and she told that there was a woman working in the bank who was a massive Kimi-fan and when Kimi won the WDC she got lots of flowers from Spanish Alonso-fans, they brought them to the bank. And her story surprised me because I thought everybody hated Kimi in Spain.

So in other words there aren't so many nationalists in Spain?

Wonder how it is in Italy? Momo..... :zz:
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 30 Oct 2010, 17:07

iceman1 wrote:

After having a discussion with Iceman about this thread, which went about like this:

Wolfie your smilies are awsome :lol:
Oi Iceman, thanks for your sense of humour :hug:

Ice-Ludy
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ice-Ludy » 30 Oct 2010, 17:38

This thread has now new rules (but we are on a trial since Iceman claims he is faster than me :lol: ):

* Offtopic-discussions allowed without using the offtopic-button
* Personal chatting encouraged
* Light-hearted and witty discussions about Kimi
* No personal bashing

And of course the coffee is on Iceman1 - that was the toughest thing to negotiate about but Wolfie won :p

For me it's totally okay!!! :thumbsup:

Thanks Iceman1 for the chance! :hug: And Nicole for the coffee!!! :hug: :lol:
Octeto Racing Team's Blog: http://www.octetort.com
“Even a small star shines in the darkness”

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 30 Oct 2010, 17:41

Ice-Ludy wrote:

This thread has now new rules (but we are on a trial since Iceman claims he is faster than me :lol: ):

* Offtopic-discussions allowed without using the offtopic-button
* Personal chatting encouraged
* Light-hearted and witty discussions about Kimi
* No personal bashing

And of course the coffee is on Iceman1 - that was the toughest thing to negotiate about but Wolfie won :p
For me it's totally okay!!! :thumbsup:

Thanks Iceman1 for the chance! :hug: And Nicole for the coffee!!! :hug: :lol:
Hi Ludy :hug:

But Iceman stands for the coffee so you should thank him :p

apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by apple » 30 Oct 2010, 17:52

Thankyou Iceman!
And since the coffee is on you I thought I bring this with me..Image
Well, its a holy sauna day for Finns so see a later..Image

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 30 Oct 2010, 18:13

Wolfie wrote: Great to know that something that is sometimes read in tabloids aren't a reflection of the majority - my sister lives in Spain and she told that there was a woman working in the bank who was a massive Kimi-fan and when Kimi won the WDC she got lots of flowers from Spanish Alonso-fans, they brought them to the bank. And her story surprised me because I thought everybody hated Kimi in Spain.

Well, in their war against evil Hamilton and even more evil Ron Dennis, Lobato and friends made of Kimi their flag. That’s a very Spanish thing: it doesn’t matter if you don’t win, but please let your enemy lose. Many alonsists were very happy to see Räikkönen win.

I think that was one of Lobato’s biggest mistakes. You can not say one year Kimi is fast, reliable, incredible, the best person in all the paddock because you need to make Hamilton look bad and next season he’s… you know what. People with a little bit of memory just get a laugh and don’t listen any longer.

And, really, I don’t think Kimi is that hated in Spain, really not.

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 30 Oct 2010, 18:36

Mar wrote:
Wolfie wrote: Great to know that something that is sometimes read in tabloids aren't a reflection of the majority - my sister lives in Spain and she told that there was a woman working in the bank who was a massive Kimi-fan and when Kimi won the WDC she got lots of flowers from Spanish Alonso-fans, they brought them to the bank. And her story surprised me because I thought everybody hated Kimi in Spain.

Well, in their war against evil Hamilton and even more evil Ron Dennis, Lobato and friends made of Kimi their flag. That’s a very Spanish thing: it doesn’t matter if you don’t win, but please let your enemy lose. Many alonsists were very happy to see Räikkönen win.

I think that was one of Lobato’s biggest mistakes. You can not say one year Kimi is fast, reliable, incredible, the best person in all the paddock because you need to make Hamilton look bad and next season he’s… you know what. People with a little bit of memory just get a laugh and don’t listen any longer.

And, really, I don’t think Kimi is that hated in Spain, really not.
Ah, the targets are Hamilton and Dennis :lol:

What about all the Santander-ads, there must be Hamilton-ads in Spain too?

Most surprising thing was that Santander opened a bureau in Finland last year, what did they think Image

Lots and lots of tv-ads and I find it very hard to believe that they would be successful here - on the other hand the markets here were not exactly blistering to begin with :lol:

Mar, can I still ask questions, feel free to say no? Who is this Lobato? It still isn't really clear to me who he is?

@ Apple, thank you for the chocolate-cake :hug:

Ice-Ludy
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ice-Ludy » 30 Oct 2010, 20:15

Wolfie wrote:
Hi Ludy :hug:

But Iceman stands for the coffee so you should thank him :p
Thank you Iceman1 also!!! :O :hug:

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 30 Oct 2010, 20:33

Wolfie wrote:

Pedro Martínez de la Rosa :zz:
Wolfie wrote: Most surprising thing was that Santander opened a bureau in Finland last year, what did they think Image

Lots and lots of tv-ads and I find it very hard to believe that they would be successful here - on the other hand the markets here were not exactly blistering to begin with :lol:

Mar, can I still ask questions, feel free to say no? Who is this Lobato? It still isn't really clear to me who he is?
You can aks as much as you want, let's see if I answer or not :n

Lobato is the TV moderator of laSexta. He also comes from Asturias, as Alonso. The guy is nuts. If one day Kimi loses all his money he just needs to sue him and Gonzalo Serrano (another guy, he's not there anylonger) and he will be rich again.

Luckily, I have a satellite receiver in my flat and I can follow the races on RTL.

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 30 Oct 2010, 20:42

Hope this hasn't been here before :blush:

Yay, notice the cool way Kimi is keeping his cap :cool:
Seiska was Kimi's guest in his new home

Kimi and Jenni Dahlmann Räikkönen, 28, moved last year to Bar village into a luxury palace called Villa Butterfly.

Kimi bought Villa Butterfly with about 30 million euros.

They appreciate privacy and left their old home in Wollerau village because they couldn't live in peace there anymore.

According to the Swiss Bilanz-magazine Kimi is now one of the 300 richest persons in Switzerland. According to the magazine's estimation Kimi has now a fortune up to 100 million euros!

Kimi has lived in Switzerland for over 10 years and he isn't even planning to move anywhere from there. He pops a few times in a year in Finland to say hi to his pals and family.

- It's great to visit Finland but there isn't enough activities there so I could stay there, the speed devil stated.

- We looked around for about five years for a property where we could start building our own house. Then we found Villa Butterfly, which was ready to move in up to the name.

The home, which is really stylish with beautiful interior is on a small hill from where one can see the magnificent scenery to Zug lake and the Alps behind it. The scenery that opens up from the window in the living room is like a piece of art no matter what the weather is like.

'It's boring to clatter around alone!

My pals use my vacation house!

The Iceman on water

- Even though it's not a long way to Zürich's party places I don't visit them often. I prefer going through the Swiss small villages with coffee shops and bars. But I haven't found even one karaoke-place from here, Kimi grinned.

I have fractures in my backbone!

A new operation is ahead!

Patient driver!

Late reporter!

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 30 Oct 2010, 20:57

Mar wrote:
Wolfie wrote:

Pedro Martínez de la Rosa :zz:
Wolfie wrote: Most surprising thing was that Santander opened a bureau in Finland last year, what did they think Image

You can aks as much as you want, let's see if I answer or not :n

Lobato is the TV moderator of laSexta. He also comes from Asturias, as Alonso. The guy is nuts. If one day Kimi loses all his money he just needs to sue him and Gonzalo Serrano (another guy, he's not there anylonger) and he will be rich again.

Luckily, I have a satellite receiver in my flat and I can follow the races on RTL.
Aah, of course, Pedro!!!

Aks? Me?

Seriously Mar, people write about him here and there and I have no idea who he is, only remember his name but was really not aware of him working for a TV so thanks :blink:

And since I know nothing about the guy there's nothing I can say about him either :lol:

So could he be compared to James Allen in 2007 :blush:

Argh, couldn't find the cartoon to go with the above sentence :<>:

Ice-Ludy
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ice-Ludy » 30 Oct 2010, 21:14

@Aplee the cake seems delicious!!!! :shhh:

@Nikki, thanks for the translation!!! :shhh:

spinster
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by spinster » 30 Oct 2010, 22:29

great to be back here...

Thx Nicole and Apple!! :hug:
Don't dream your life...LIVE YOUR DREAMS!!!