Rally News

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
momo
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: Rally News

Post by momo » 29 Oct 2010, 17:34

Lunna wrote:Citroen Racing Test DS3 WRC 2011 in Portugal(Algarve) 5 Days
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWiIEmcV ... r_embedded

Ford Fiesta Tests - Mikko Hirvonen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfwtjQGI ... r_embedded

Michelin Tests
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXXknvtX ... r_embedded
Thanks Lunna! :)

apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by apple » 30 Oct 2010, 13:35

MTV3 oddly sharp at the moment.
Quesnel has confirmed that sordo is free to go if he chooses so. Citroen hasnt been able to gather a budjet for him and Quesnel says we cant offer third car to him at the moment..unless he doesnt find the money himself. Quesnel admits freeing sordo isnt probably the smartest thing to do but he has to do as the car manufacturer wishes.

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 30 Oct 2010, 13:38

apple wrote:MTV3 oddly sharp at the moment.
Quesnel has confirmed that sordo is free to go if he chooses so. Citroen hasnt been able to gather a budjet for him and Quesnel says we cant offer third car to him at the moment..unless he doesnt find the money himself. Quesnel admits freeing sordo isnt probably the smartest thing to do but he has to do as the car manufacturer wishes.

Damn.. here is the source of info too :

http://www.lequipe.fr/Formule1/breves20 ... ortie.html

This is really sad...Hope Sordo manages a cool drive with Fords and creates a pain in the ass for citroens next season
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by apple » 30 Oct 2010, 13:40

luieluv wrote:

Damn.. here is the source of info too :

http://www.lequipe.fr/Formule1/breves20 ... ortie.html

This is really sad...Hope Sordo manages a cool drive with Fords and creates a pain in the ass for citroens next season
:thumbsup:

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 30 Oct 2010, 14:00

Hmm, Dani in a Ford ''hmm''

I would love it! :C:

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 30 Oct 2010, 14:07

And Ford won't have any budgets issues hiring Dani, they can just get rid of the five-year-plan. :p

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 30 Oct 2010, 16:26

That's sad. Dani deserved better from them :<>:

Another bad news:
http://www.wrc.com/news/suzuki-boss-con ... ?fid=13869
"With the J-WRC being replaced by the new WRC Academy in 2011, Suzuki Sport Europe has confirmed it will no longer compete on world championship events after deciding to cease its motorsport activities at the end of the year. Burkart was driving a Suzuki Swift Super 1600 for the Hungary-based squad."
“From next year Suzuki Sport Europe will join Monster Sport Europe in the UK. Suzuki Sport Europe has already made a decision to close its workshop in Hungary by the end of 2010 and transfer operations over to Monster Sport Europe."
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 30 Oct 2010, 16:44

So it looks like Citroen might not even have a JT then?

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 30 Oct 2010, 16:53

sleenster wrote:So it looks like Citroen might not even have a JT then?
The Junior team will provably have another name, it doesn’t make any sense to call it "junior" if you don’t have two very young drivers. The cars of that team have always been driven by pay drivers. Their budget and sponsors are independent of the main Citroën team.

I think, what Quesnel means is that there will be only two cars Citroën will pay for (in the main team). There were some rumours about Citroën trying to have a 3rd car. But that doesn’t affect the Junior team.

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 30 Oct 2010, 18:11

Mar wrote:
sleenster wrote:So it looks like Citroen might not even have a JT then?
The Junior team will provably have another name, it doesn’t make any sense to call it "junior" if you don’t have two very young drivers. The cars of that team have always been driven by pay drivers. Their budget and sponsors are independent of the main Citroën team.

I think, what Quesnel means is that there will be only two cars Citroën will pay for (in the main team). There were some rumours about Citroën trying to have a 3rd car. But that doesn’t affect the Junior team.
Oh, I see. Thanks Mar :).The reason why I was wondering about the future of the JT was because:

1. As I understood it, Dani's offer from Citroen was based on him driving in the JT. If they are letting him go, they don't have any drivers as of yet for the JT because the negotiations with Kimi might not work out and there's no second driver yet in the picture(?).
2. Red Bull stopped funding the JT. Even if they have two pay drivers (which they don't even have now), they might still need Red Bull funding to survive.

Lunna
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Lunna » 30 Oct 2010, 18:53

sleenster wrote:1. As I understood it, Dani's offer from Citroen was based on him driving in the JT. If they are letting him go, they don't have any drivers as of yet for the JT because the negotiations with Kimi might not work out and there's no second driver yet in the picture(?).
2. Red Bull stopped funding the JT. Even if they have two pay drivers (which they don't even have now), they might still need Red Bull funding to survive.
1. Dani can still drive for Citroen if he pays for a seat, Kimi can drive for them + Novikov + maybe sameone else with money.
2. Red Bull sponsors CJT only this year, so it does't matter who'll pay - Red Bull or other sponsors

I think if Red Bull will stay with Kimi they may sponsor his car (like this year) & the other car will sponsor smb. else (they even can have different colors like Ford Stobart)

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 30 Oct 2010, 19:02

Lunna wrote:
sleenster wrote:1. As I understood it, Dani's offer from Citroen was based on him driving in the JT. If they are letting him go, they don't have any drivers as of yet for the JT because the negotiations with Kimi might not work out and there's no second driver yet in the picture(?).
1. Dani can still drive for Citroen if he pays for a seat, Kimi can drive for them + Novikov + maybe sameone else with money.
2. Red Bull sponsors CJT only this year, so it does't matter who'll pay - Red Bull or other sponsors

I think if Red Bull will stay with Kimi they may sponsor his car (like this year) & the other car will sponsor smb. else (they even can have different colors like Ford Stobart)
I think if Citroen are letting Dani go, it's not a good sign. It doesn't look like the negotiations are going to get closer after this. Dani is probably not happy about having to pay to drive in a JT, and only for a limited number of rallies. I really can't see Dani driving in the JT based on what he has been offered, if the rumours are true. And as of yet I think there is no funding, no sponsors and no drivers for the JT right now. Kimi and Novikov have not even signed anything yet. In that sense I think the future of JT is still uncertain right now.

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 30 Oct 2010, 19:58

And dani after so many rallies and the kind of potential cant afford to do limited program, be it citroen or any one. He has said in past that getting a seat is no worries.

From Ford's point of view they could strengthen their squad and i am sure the trio of two finns and sordo would fetch them good points for manufacture's title.
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Lunna
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Lunna » 30 Oct 2010, 20:23

sleenster wrote: I think if Citroen are letting Dani go, it's not a good sign. It doesn't look like the negotiations are going to get closer after this. Dani is probably not happy about having to pay to drive in a JT, and only for a limited number of rallies. I really can't see Dani driving in the JT based on what he has been offered, if the rumours are true. And as of yet I think there is no funding, no sponsors and no drivers for the JT right now. Kimi and Novikov have not even signed anything yet. In that sense I think the future of JT is still uncertain right now.
Maybe... will see :zz: anyway as I understand in Frod Dani also must pay for a seat

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 30 Oct 2010, 20:31

Lunna wrote:
sleenster wrote: I think if Citroen are letting Dani go, it's not a good sign. It doesn't look like the negotiations are going to get closer after this. Dani is probably not happy about having to pay to drive in a JT, and only for a limited number of rallies. I really can't see Dani driving in the JT based on what he has been offered, if the rumours are true. And as of yet I think there is no funding, no sponsors and no drivers for the JT right now. Kimi and Novikov have not even signed anything yet. In that sense I think the future of JT is still uncertain right now.
Maybe... will see :zz: anyway as I understand in Frod Dani also must pay for a seat
Yes....that's why I am a bit worried about Dani's situation. :confused: I hope the S-word is not an option for him (sabbatical).