ITV viewers: the remove James Allen petition

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
Dark_Fisico
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dark_Fisico » 19 Jun 2007, 09:12

I think its all totally stupid... They say stuff to make it look like Hamilton has rattled Alonso but he hasn't... Theres SOOOO many reasons Alonso has lost speed in the Macca, including the change to Bridgestone, not having a car completely made to him and the big move from a team that were dedicated to him to a British team that really couldn't give a damn about their drivers...

donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by donald29 » 19 Jun 2007, 15:57

Chubbs wrote:
im gona start watching it on SPEED even tho i get annoyed with the american accent (when i was watchin le mans they kept calling the peugeot a POOgeot :lol: )

8)
alex wrote:
donald29 wrote:
alex wrote: Look at the poll on the site now
Looks like a lot of people are losing patience with itv :lol:
Watch on ITV with TV on mute and have 5 Live radio commentary!! I might try it.

I am one of those 2995!

md
car driver
car driver

Post by md » 20 Jun 2007, 03:58

Well.... Althgouh i do agree there's lot of bias towards British in ITV, I like the comments that James Allen puts... So, I wont sign the petition...

pocketrocket
kart driver
kart driver

Post by pocketrocket » 20 Jun 2007, 04:18

im starting to get tired of hearing hamiltons name, there are 22 f1 drivers on the grid...i wonder if this speacial treatment of ITV same applies to other brit drivers..button and coulthard :idea:

ntr
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by ntr » 20 Jun 2007, 07:37

Well Jenson used to be the 'Britain's boy' of F1 until Lewis came.. :lol: but I don't think DC ever was because he's Scottish (well i haven't watched F1 for that long so i don't know actually) :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
mm tofu

SpykerMF1
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by SpykerMF1 » 20 Jun 2007, 08:03

pocketrocket wrote:im starting to get tired of hearing hamiltons name, there are 22 f1 drivers on the grid
Totaly agree. And when they did bring up another driver in America it was wrong. Allen kept on saying how Albers had held up Alonso or Hamilton one of the two when Albers had been lapped by the two of them about 7 laps before when they started to go slower :x

Dark_Fisico
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dark_Fisico » 20 Jun 2007, 10:29

I don't see how anyone could stand James Allen... He's such a twerp :lol:... Always telling you completely different and wrong things :P...

ntr
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by ntr » 20 Jun 2007, 15:46

and at the start of the race he always goes, in the most stupid over excited voice ever '....and the race is GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.... ':lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: has me in hysterics all the time XD can you imagine martin in the commentry box just sitting waiting quietly for the moment to pass :cheesy: :lol: XD

but yes james allen always gets stuff wrong...like in monaco he thought the bmw of kubica had leapfrogged the lewis' mclaren in the pitstop :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: hahaah

and then there's louise's interviews with the stupid questions 'how disappointed are you that you just retired' hmmmm :lol: then most of the time james allen will cut in and say ' sorry to cut you off there louise but...' :lol: :lol: :lol: oh i hate it when they show louise interviewing the driver rather than the race broadcast...how annoying :frown: show the goddam race, i don't want to see louise trying to keep up with the driver who's trying to get as far away from her as possible :lol: :cheesy: :D
mm tofu

Bowsey
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Bowsey » 20 Jun 2007, 15:53

Loads of time when I'm watching the F1 on ITV im correcting what he says to myself and my dad. Like in Montreal when Alonso went off at turn 1 for the second time, ITV just came back from a break and he was listing the race order they show the highlight for it, Allen thought it was Alonso going off the 1st time, and I knew it wasn't because massa went through, it was actually the second time. So it takes 1/2 a lap for him to realise Massa is in front of Alonso, and that that replay must be different to the 1st time Alonso went off, :oops: :oops: :oops:

donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by donald29 » 20 Jun 2007, 16:05

md says he likes James Allen! Surely that must be classed as spam.

Bowsey
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Bowsey » 20 Jun 2007, 16:06

donald29 wrote:md says he likes James Allen! Surely that must be classed as spam.
hahahaha :D :cheesy: :D :cheesy:

Dark_Fisico
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dark_Fisico » 20 Jun 2007, 16:08

:lol: You sure it ain't James Allen :lol:... Each to their own I guess, unless it was a joke :P... How you can like him.... Beyond me :mrgreen:...

donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by donald29 » 20 Jun 2007, 17:18

Probably is James Allen!! His username is md cos it stands for "martin dies" cos he knows martin brundle is so much better than him!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

8 cylinder psychopath
car driver
car driver

Post by 8 cylinder psychopath » 20 Jun 2007, 18:20

its too bad that ITV have to have ad breaks through the race, every time the ads come on i think that something important could happen like a large crash or an important overtake, as for james allen, i hope that his biased commentary on hamilton doesnt affect his reputation, some gullible or ignorant people might believe allens opinion word for word and others could be put off by his constant biased rambling. Personally i agree with other people saying he supports hamilton too much, every race he repeats hamilton facts that he's stated in previous races such as his racing career and how well he's doing in his debut season.

Murray Walker was the best, he really did get caught up in the excitement which made the race itself much more exciting as a viewer, there is nobody like him yet there are many people much better than James Allen. Poor Martin Brundle stuck up there with him in the commentators box :(
as murray walker once said "Either that car is stationary, or it's on the move"

Super Aguri
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Super Aguri » 20 Jun 2007, 21:39

donald29 wrote:md says he likes James Allen! Surely that must be classed as spam.
#

:lol:

Oh too many emoticons in this page of this thread.

Allen makes everyone go crazy apparenlty :P
Bowsey wrote:Loads of time when I'm watching the F1 on ITV im correcting what he says to myself and my dad. Like in Montreal when Alonso went off at turn 1 for the second time, ITV just came back from a break and he was listing the race order they show the highlight for it, Allen thought it was Alonso going off the 1st time, and I knew it wasn't because massa went through, it was actually the second time. So it takes 1/2 a lap for him to realise Massa is in front of Alonso, and that that replay must be different to the 1st time Alonso went off, :oops: :oops: :oops:
I think if I rememember correctly (Which isn't very often...) Allen was reading the Live Timing Monitor and suddenly realised what happened. Although Brundle should have stepped in if that was the case.