Korean Grand Prix 2010

Season 2010 - Reports, photos, quotes, stats, interviews, gossips, and hot discussion.

Who will win the 2010 South Korean GP?

Mark Webber
17%
Fernando Alonso
44%
Sebastian Vettel
8%
Lewis Hamilton
19%
Jenson Button
4%
Felipe Massa
2%
Nico Rosberg
No votes
Robert Kubica
2%
Michael Schumacher
2%
Adrian Sutil
No votes
Other
2%

Total votes: 48

sdutt
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Korean Grand Prix 2010

Post by sdutt » 25 Oct 2010, 16:58

It looks like it is Alonso for the title, the only other person in contention is Webber iMO, but never say never :O

Ferrariman60
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Ferrariman60 » 25 Oct 2010, 17:01

Yeah, if I were going to put money on it, I'd go with Alonso, as he's done this twice before and I consider him to the best driver out there today. In a perfect world, I'd like to see Hamilton win though!
Requiescat in pace, Jules Bianchi

Ferrariman60

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 26 Oct 2010, 07:17

Hyundai's Lol

dacer
Donator
Donator

Post by dacer » 26 Oct 2010, 09:13

sdutt wrote:It looks like it is Alonso for the title, the only other person in contention is Webber iMO, but never say never :O
My oppinion is that Alonso looks he will win the title. But I think he surely will has a bad race, maybe brazil or abu-dhabi. Maybe this bad race will be DNF, but If he get to score some points, like a 5th place, then he can win. One will be bad luck race, but another sure he will be on podium.

But I really think RBR can give the title to Alonso/Ferrari. Like 2007, with Hamilton vs Alonso, when kimi wins both McLaren, if the team has not a only driver for championship, then another will win. Webber, can score 3 point more in Singapore, 7 more in Japan, and surely he had not crashed on Korea (25 more).

I think Alonso/Ferrari don't deserve the title, but, RBR deserve to LOOSE this championship

Sl2

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 26 Oct 2010, 09:27

dacer wrote:
sdutt wrote:It looks like it is Alonso for the title, the only other person in contention is Webber iMO, but never say never :O
My oppinion is that Alonso looks he will win the title. But I think he surely will has a bad race, maybe brazil or abu-dhabi. Maybe this bad race will be DNF, but If he get to score some points, like a 5th place, then he can win. One will be bad luck race, but another sure he will be on podium.

But I really think RBR can give the title to Alonso/Ferrari. Like 2007, with Hamilton vs Alonso, when kimi wins both McLaren, if the team has not a only driver for championship, then another will win. Webber, can score 3 point more in Singapore, 7 more in Japan, and surely he had not crashed on Korea (25 more).

I think Alonso/Ferrari don't deserve the title, but, RBR deserve to LOOSE this championship

Sl2
So who does deserve the title?

Lewis had hard luck, but Id say he was making the most out of everyone elses bad luck and drove some brilliant races. But then, id say webber was the best driver in the first part of the year and Alonso was the worst driver out of the 5. Jenson impressed me the most in the first four races and I was extremely happy that the naysayers who said he wouldnt be near hamilton were wrong. Hamilton is obviously a more versatile and better driver than jenson in some cases, but jenson is stronger in other cases.

Second half of the year, you have to say Alonso has been the best driver. 3 wins and a further 3 podiums out of 7 races. Again he outperforms everyone in the second half of the year.

RBR deserve to loose it, but then, part of me wants webber to win as I think hes out of redbull this year. So long as vettel dont win, I couldnt care less who wins. Though, the other 99% of me is praying for Alonso to win his 3rd WDC and deservedly so.

In the end, Alonso has won more races than anyone this season, unless your an idiot who says 'he got 7 points illegally' (like other drivers dont benefit from team orders either), then hes still took 4 wins and equalling webber. Hamilton should have won in korea, but how you destroy a set of tyres in 2 laps behind the safety car is beyond me, and im not blaming lewis at all. The car? Quite potentially, but it was jenson using the new pieces correct? I just feel that a driver of lewis' calibre should have known to compensate and brake a little earlier, sure alonso might have still got past, but atleast you put up a fight. Take the defensive, brake a little earlier, force alonso onto the outside and who knows, might have done a webber.

dacer
Donator
Donator

Post by dacer » 26 Oct 2010, 09:51

mikhailv wrote:
dacer wrote:

Sl2
So who does deserve the title?

Lewis had hard luck, but Id say he was making the most out of everyone elses bad luck and drove some brilliant races. But then, id say webber was the best driver in the first part of the year and Alonso was the worst driver out of the 5. Jenson impressed me the most in the first four races and I was extremely happy that the naysayers who said he wouldnt be near hamilton were wrong. Hamilton is obviously a more versatile and better driver than jenson in some cases, but jenson is stronger in other cases.

Second half of the year, you have to say Alonso has been the best driver. 3 wins and a further 3 podiums out of 7 races. Again he outperforms everyone in the second half of the year.

RBR deserve to loose it, but then, part of me wants webber to win as I think hes out of redbull this year. So long as vettel dont win, I couldnt care less who wins. Though, the other 99% of me is praying for Alonso to win his 3rd WDC and deservedly so.

In the end, Alonso has won more races than anyone this season, unless your an idiot who says 'he got 7 points illegally' (like other drivers dont benefit from team orders either), then hes still took 4 wins and equalling webber. Hamilton should have won in korea, but how you destroy a set of tyres in 2 laps behind the safety car is beyond me, and im not blaming lewis at all. The car? Quite potentially, but it was jenson using the new pieces correct? I just feel that a driver of lewis' calibre should have known to compensate and brake a little earlier, sure alonso might have still got past, but atleast you put up a fight. Take the defensive, brake a little earlier, force alonso onto the outside and who knows, might have done a webber.
Who deserve (top 5)? no one!!!.

Webber is maybe the best driver + car this year. He is very consistent, but RBR had ruin his work. Maybe Webber deserve, but not RBR. And RBR deserve to LOOSE.
Vettel, with gleam of greatness, ruined by his inconsistency and immaturity. RBR push him hard, but "Vettel + RBR-car + RBR-team" is worse that "Webber + RBR-car"
Alonso, really fantastic since German Gp, but previous races he was inconsistent.
Hamilton, strengths and weaknesses much like Vettel, but McLaren has not been competitive all season. Also in some races he ended himself with his opportunities.
Button, surely more consistent driver, but his McLaren has not been competitive, and he was since day 1, second driver in his team

If I had to give to someone the title, maybe to Button. Neither had a good car, and support of his team, and yet, is in the top5.

Sl2

(Sorry who does not like my opinion, but it is as valid as any other, and although some seek it, not trying to criticize anyone beyond their merits)

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 26 Oct 2010, 10:00

^
Well, don't agree with you on Button being 2nd driver all season, that's rubbish. Then Button should have stayed behind Hamilton in Suzuka and would have given Hamilton the win in China... McLaren was good in picking up points dropped by the competition, but never had the fastest car. From Hungary both Ferrari and Red Bull were in front of McLaren.

Alonso will win the title, miracles are needed for Webber, Hamilton, Vettel and Button.. Alonso had a weak period after Spain, but is a mile in front of everybody at the moment. He's got the momentum, it's his title to lose.. Webber can't handle the pressure and is the less talented of the 5, Vettel is too immature, Hamilton needs miracles and a fast car and Button should start helping Hamilton
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

MP4/4#12
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by MP4/4#12 » 26 Oct 2010, 13:25

JoostLamers wrote:^
Well, don't agree with you on Button being 2nd driver all season, that's rubbish. Then Button should have stayed behind Hamilton in Suzuka and would have given Hamilton the win in China... McLaren was good in picking up points dropped by the competition, but never had the fastest car. From Hungary both Ferrari and Red Bull were in front of McLaren.

I agree completely !

Alonso will win the title, miracles are needed for Webber, Hamilton, Vettel and Button.. Alonso had a weak period after Spain, but is a mile in front of everybody at the moment. He's got the momentum, it's his title to lose..

i dont know mate, with this new points system nothing is granted....yet :O

Webber can't handle the pressure and is the less talented of the 5, Vettel is too immature, Hamilton needs miracles and a fast car and Button should start helping Hamilton
At this point of the season, and let`s forget the rest of it, just look at the table, Vettel had a blowned engine, otherwise he would be right there at the top. Why is he still considered immature ? His performance in such a dificult race was spot on until his retirement. He made some mistakes along the season, he`s human, besides in a 5 drivers battle each one will steal points from the others, also Red Bull is the best car but they didnt dominate in every race.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 26 Oct 2010, 14:23

First half of season:
WEB/HAM > VET/BUT > ALO

Second half of season:
ALO > VET > WEB > HAM > BUT

Eric_Cartman
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Eric_Cartman » 26 Oct 2010, 14:49

dacer wrote: Vettel, with gleam of greatness, ruined by his inconsistency and immaturity. RBR push him hard, but "Vettel + RBR-car + RBR-team" is worse that "Webber + RBR-car"

I think Vettel had a better year than Webber. Both made 2 big errors (Vettel in Istanbul and Spa, Webber in Valencia and Korea) but Vettel drove better than Webber in nearly every race.
Vettel was faster in: Bahrain, Australia, Malaysia, Shanghai, Montreal, Valencia, Hockenheim, Budapest, Monza, Singapur, Suzuka, Korea --> 12 races
Webber was faster in: Barcelona, Monaco, Istanbul, Silverstone, Spa --> 5 races

The only 2 reasons why Webber is in front of Vettel in the WC are that Webber lost 0 points (!) due to reliability and Vettel lost 66 points because of that. The second reason is that Vettel had his errors, when he fighted for a podium position (Istanbul 18 or 25 points, Spa 18 points). Webber had an error in Valencia which cost him just a few points and the error in Korea cost him may be 10 or 12 points because I think he would have had no chance in the race against Alonso, Hamilton and Rosberg .
FC BAYERN 7 - BARCELONA 0

Coopz
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Coopz » 26 Oct 2010, 16:20

Anyone got some HD Desktop Wallpapers off Alonso celebrating?

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 26 Oct 2010, 16:23

What do you guys think about the question of Webber possibly trying to take out a title rival when he crashed? At the time I thought it was nonsense but watching it again, his hand movements on the steering wheel are pretty odd...

Eric_Cartman
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Eric_Cartman » 26 Oct 2010, 16:48

phil1993 wrote:What do you guys think about the question of Webber possibly trying to take out a title rival when he crashed? At the time I thought it was nonsense but watching it again, his hand movements on the steering wheel are pretty odd...
yeah may be he thought Alonso and Hamilton are right behind him because of the starting order and he was sure to hit one of them. But on the other hand why should he crash into somebody on purpose when he doesn't know if he can continue. Because the impact of his wall-touch wasn't that hard.
FC BAYERN 7 - BARCELONA 0

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 26 Oct 2010, 16:52

About 1:12
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GJJIFpuTCA

Just seems weird.

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 26 Oct 2010, 16:58

phil1993 wrote:What do you guys think about the question of Webber possibly trying to take out a title rival when he crashed? At the time I thought it was nonsense but watching it again, his hand movements on the steering wheel are pretty odd...
Weak, on purpose imo
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at