Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by sleenster » 23 Oct 2010, 04:25

sammyosammy wrote:
sleenster wrote:Just getting the speculation wheel in motion some more :p

(It's part of a longer video, but link goes directly to the relevant part):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XH4_gAqydto#t=6m45s

Transcript:
Narrator: Another driver still unsure in his future is Kimi Raikkonen, having turned down the opportunity to rejoin Formula 1 with Renault. His current backer, Red Bull, now appear unwilling to sponsor a rally drive for next season but Raikkonen could remain in the WRC with both Mini and the Monster World Rally Team showing interest in signing the former F1 champion.

Kimi: "I have nothing for next year so far and when I know more I will let you know but now there's no decision. For sure it would be nice to do rally again because I have much more experience than I had to start the year. Now it's really up to me what I would like to do so we'll see in the future.
I'm sure someone here will be able to use this interview to undoubtedly prove that he's going back to F1. :zz:
eeerhm, isn´t he??? :roll::
Since when does a question qualify as proof? :lol:

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 23 Oct 2010, 05:31

Transcript:
Narrator: Another driver still unsure in his future is Kimi Raikkonen, having turned down the opportunity to rejoin Formula 1 with Renault. His current backer, Red Bull, now appear unwilling to sponsor a rally drive for next season but Raikkonen could remain in the WRC with both Mini and the Monster World Rally Team showing interest in signing the former F1 champion.

Kimi: "I have nothing for next year so far and when I know more I will let you know but now there's no decision. For sure it would be nice to do rally again because I have much more experience than I had to start the year. Now it's really up to me what I would like to do so we'll see in the future.
I'm sure someone here will be able to use this interview to undoubtedly prove that he's going back to F1. :zz:

that looks like somebody asked about his future right after his off in shakedown on this rally, he looks quite poor in the interview... but I guess this is taken in France.

An interesting note about the press conference on Thursday is that the Finnish papers (from what i understood) reported only that he had given a estimated time limit to his decision and his future was totally opend, not that he had committed himself to rallying, as autosport reported. So they have heard the same answers from Kimi but interpreted them quite differently... or sounded more like they didnt believe he would find a seat/sponsor for next year in WRC.

oh well, hopefully we know before christmas what he will do next year...
Last edited by Julia on 23 Oct 2010, 06:00, edited 1 time in total.

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 23 Oct 2010, 05:39

About the RB NASCAR team to where Maria is trying to get Kimi (even if steve denied it already) :O

They actually have too many drivers at the moment. They have tree drivers under contract to next year.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/87641

YiNing
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by YiNing » 23 Oct 2010, 07:08

Julia wrote:

Transcript:

that looks like somebody asked about his future right after his off in shakedown on this rally, he looks quite poor in the interview... but I guess this is taken in France.

An interesting note about the press conference on Thursday is that the Finnish papers (from what i understood) reported only that he had given a estimated time limit to his decision and his future was totally opend, not that he had committed himself to rallying, as autosport reported. So they have heard the same answers from Kimi but interpreted them quite differently... or sounded more like they didnt believe he would find a seat/sponsor for next year in WRC.

oh well, hopefully we know before christmas what he will do next year...
I saw this part of the Kimi interview before Rally Spain, it was dated 17th October (I know that's his birthday..) I'm not sure if it's in France... but he sounded sad to me in that interview...
Last edited by YiNing on 23 Oct 2010, 07:43, edited 1 time in total.

brendakarli
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by brendakarli » 23 Oct 2010, 07:31

yes he did... I think he had made his decision against his true intentions or he was resigned about something...can't really tell which...that is why I thought about the r-word - as in retirement
The JINX

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 23 Oct 2010, 07:40

Question isn't necessarily whether Kimi wants to return to F1 bu if anyone would want him. At the moment, I don't think anyone would want him.

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 23 Oct 2010, 08:04

phil1993 wrote:Question isn't necessarily whether Kimi wants to return to F1 bu if anyone would want him. At the moment, I don't think anyone would want him.
Did team bosses phoned you to tell this.. :p
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 23 Oct 2010, 09:29

phil1993 wrote:Question isn't necessarily whether Kimi wants to return to F1 bu if anyone would want him. At the moment, I don't think anyone would want him.
But Kimi must have known that when he decided to drive rally this year! :huh:

I mean Í´m sure that he ´d get a seat at FI or so but not at a top team
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

Lunna
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Lunna » 23 Oct 2010, 10:02

brendakarli wrote:yes he did... I think he had made his decision against his true intentions or he was resigned about something...can't really tell which...that is why I thought about the r-word - as in retirement
But at Thursday's press-conf. I found him quite positive when talking about his future :confused: anyway he's too young for r-word and still loves driving))
Well, really tired of guessing so must only wait :)

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 23 Oct 2010, 11:09

does this fit in here :p :lol:
Todt: Schumacher isn't happy

Michael Schumacher's former team principal at Ferrari, Jean Todt, believes the seven-time World Champion is not at ease with his poor comeback season with Mercedes.

"I dont think he is so relaxed, but he is a very pride guy. But you need to know him very well before he speaks to you and tells you exactly what he feels," the FIA president told the German Press Agency.

"He is protecting himself, which I can understand. But he is a very human, a very fragile person. He is not all this kind of person of a strong robot, as he was often pictured in his career."

Schumacher finished ninth in qualifying for Sunday's race, four places behind team-mate Nico Rosberg, who has outshone the 41-year-old all season.

Todt worked with Schumacher at Ferrari from 2000 to 20004, during which time the German won five world titles.

Schumacher lies ninth in the drivers' standings and was also issued a reprimand by Korean GP race stewards following Saturday qualifying after Rubens Barrichello complained of being blocked by the Mercedes driver in Q2.
http://www.planet-f1.com/news/3213/6462 ... sn-t-happy
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

brendakarli
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by brendakarli » 23 Oct 2010, 11:55

nothing in that article says schummy is not happy...just feeling small
The JINX

sammyosammy
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sammyosammy » 23 Oct 2010, 12:45

Wolfie wrote:
sammyosammy wrote: (btw, it´s been reeeeeally nice evening today; two major desicions; catalunyan GP 2011 (it´s been re-schedualed as two weeks later...?) and rally finland 2011 with platinum for both days :blush: Oh my, oh my, this IS life :lol: )
Off-Topic: show
This time you can leave your friend home and take me, okay :O

Sweet dreams :hug:
Off-Topic: show
oijoijoijoihhh, didn´t we have this discussion at July this year also..? :zz: Promise to ask him if he doesn´t wanna join me next August. The odds for that, the odds.. :lol: (got home from ice, was a great day..)

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 23 Oct 2010, 12:47

Julia wrote:About the RB NASCAR team to where Maria is trying to get Kimi (even if steve denied it already) :O

They actually have too many drivers at the moment. They have tree drivers under contract to next year.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/87641
:lol: :lol: i just want him all to my self...your right they have a driver who is out sick with a blood clot problem and he may or may not drive next year, so they have to many drivers at this time.
thanks julia for the laugh.
when i know it...........K.Raikkonen

spinster
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by spinster » 23 Oct 2010, 18:17

my god do you live on another planet???? :lol:
Don't dream your life...LIVE YOUR DREAMS!!!

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 23 Oct 2010, 19:09

spinster wrote:
my god do you live on another planet???? :lol:
Here is something very interesting, with dear Apple's permission :hug:

We just talked about dreams and I told my dream in 2008 before the season began, about how people were tearing Kimi's clothes while he was standing on ice during the ceremony - where Kimi said to me twice that he is not going to win the WDC.

And look how he was treated in 2008 by the media :(

Anyway... Apple saw this dream a couple of weeks ago:
Kimi was driving a silver F1-car wearing a silver racing overall and he won the race. People went crazy and they lifted him up from the car while cheering and Norbert Haug was very concerned that they would hurt Kimi and shouted that they would stop but Kimi was in no danger since they were cheering him and he had fun.
How does this affect our RBR-theory, Spinne ''hmm''

Apple is known for her psychic abilities so who knows, who knows.... :p
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL