FORMULA 1- United States Grand Prix 2007

Reports, quotes, stats specifically about the F1 2007 season Grands Prix.
raikks
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by raikks » 18 Jun 2007, 03:42

okay now i know where's the official topic :D

well, i haven't followed the entire discussion, but what i can say about l.hamilton -- if he keeps it this way, then where he will end?

i thought fernando who is double world champion at 25, had a (almost) perfect star for his career or that m.schumacher is unbeatable

let's face it.. if mclaren will stay on top all there records are easy targets for lewis

cheers
& 10x for the vids

erol börek
car driver
car driver

Post by erol börek » 18 Jun 2007, 05:37

Good race for Mclaren, both Lewis n Alonso, they deserved it, congrats to team... Ferrari was a disappointment again here where they r always strong... Kimi should have been racing with the same strategy with Massa, he set the best lap, maybe he could keep the pace with Maccas... By the way special thanks to guys who made overtakings, especially Fisico... At that point of the season it's obvious that Mclaren is ahead of the others, strongest reliability and pace... It will be interesting to follow the competition between team mates and i think Fernando still has an answer to all this Lewis thing :)

WDC
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by WDC » 18 Jun 2007, 05:43

what was with alonso's 'gesture' towards the mclaren crew when he swooped towards the pit wall on the main straight?

the race wasnt too bad as a whole, i think, if raikkonen had a better start, he would have been challengingfor second, would have had third... massa is keeping consistant!

hamilton did a great job and dealt with alonso's pressure well! well done to him.

shame heidfeld didnt finish but vettel did a great job, 19 years old and he finished 8th... he is now the youngest driver to score a world championship point! lol, in australia you would still have another 2 years on your P's at his age... he is finishing 8th in F1! brilliant!

lol... sato went from everyones hero to nothing this round... a silly spin and a big penalty, the penalty is tough but needed to be handed out, they have yellow flags for a reason... whether or not he actually passed is a different story!

i dont expect to see ralfy in F1 for much longer, he can join michael and retire... if not he will more than likely be fired anyway... what a shocking performance! feel sorrfor coulthard!
Thankyou Schumi you will always have a place in our hearts!
Michael Schumacher- 7 volte Campione del mondo!
SIMPLY THE BEST

[FIN]SpeedFreak
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by [FIN]SpeedFreak » 18 Jun 2007, 09:18

erol börek wrote:Good race for Mclaren, both Lewis n Alonso, they deserved it, congrats to team... Ferrari was a disappointment again here where they r always strong... Kimi should have been racing with the same strategy with Massa, he set the best lap, maybe he could keep the pace with Maccas... By the way special thanks to guys who made overtakings, especially Fisico... At that point of the season it's obvious that Mclaren is ahead of the others, strongest reliability and pace... It will be interesting to follow the competition between team mates and i think Fernando still has an answer to all this Lewis thing :)
And Kimi, who maded one overtake (Heidfeld) [hoorray? Not, only one overtake, it wasn't nothing compared to Fisico's job yesterday]

raikks
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by raikks » 18 Jun 2007, 09:43

how many dry-weather tyres f1 teams have at their disposal?

i guess two: soft -- the one with the white groove -- & medium...or i'm wrong?

but this means that the hard compund was excluded, right?

[FIN]SpeedFreak
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by [FIN]SpeedFreak » 18 Jun 2007, 10:10

raikks wrote:how many dry-weather tyres f1 teams have at their disposal?

i guess two: soft -- the one with the white groove -- & medium...or i'm wrong?

but this means that the hard compund was excluded, right?
Australia Soft - Medium
Malaysia Medium - Hard
Bahrain Medium - Hard
Spain Medium - Hard
Monaco Super Soft - Soft
Canada Super Soft - Soft
USA Soft - Medium
France Soft - Medium
Britain Medium - Hard
Europe Soft - Medium
Hungary Super Soft - Soft
Turkey Medium - Hard

There's allways two dry-weather tyre compounds in each weekend, and both compounds has to be used in the race. In USA there was Soft and Medium, same compounds will be used in France two weeks later. Then in Britain we have Medium and Hard compounds.

raikks
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by raikks » 18 Jun 2007, 10:18

so there are four: super soft, soft, medium & hard

interesting list.. where did u find it? :D

i guess bridgestone is the one who decides which and what type of tyres should be taken to each gp? or fia?

i have just read the sporting regulations about the tyres on f1.com and i didn't find anything about super soft or hard compunds

Dark_Fisico
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dark_Fisico » 18 Jun 2007, 10:21

Woooo look at my Fisi overtaking machine :lol: thats why he deserves to stay over Piquet and Kovy :mrgreen:... Too bad he spun though :(...

Vettel was amazing :D but I wish Nicky or Nico had finished the race :lol:...

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 18 Jun 2007, 12:03

Paul Potts should sing "It's time to say goodbye" to Ralf after this GP.

maltafan
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by maltafan » 18 Jun 2007, 21:07

iceman1 wrote:Paul Potts should sing "It's time to say goodbye" to Ralf after this GP.
about time!!

he's nowhere near Trulli.

Not that the car is a gem, but at least Trulli tries and get some points and qualifies frequently in the top 10, while I doubt if ever Ralf passed the first quali stint.

Super Aguri
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Super Aguri » 18 Jun 2007, 21:17

A quick check on f1.com tells me he qualified 9th at Australia so that must have been his lucky day.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 18 Jun 2007, 22:33

Williams seem to have really managed to make a 1 stop strategy work really well this year, it's got Wurz from way down the grid to points positions and the podium at canada!

pocketrocket
kart driver
kart driver

Post by pocketrocket » 19 Jun 2007, 05:45

hamilton is for real 8)

im getting to like this kid, imagine he will be come the youngest F1 champion after the season end, the way he drives he's unbeatable....

so sad for kimi, last year he has some bad luck while driving the mclarens, but now he wore the red suits hes only 4th on the WDC... lets give him more time to adjust, or maybe the lack of pace for the scarlet cars.

OT: sato got penalized 10th place penalty in upcoming french GP after igoring the yellow flags ,too harsh maybe..

and lastly are honda going to use the revised RA107B this coming french GP? im hping with thier new engine they can race with the toyota's,renaults,williams,and even bmw.... :roll:

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 19 Jun 2007, 15:56

pocketrocket wrote:hamilton is for real 8)

im getting to like this kid, imagine he will be come the youngest F1 champion after the season end, the way he drives he's unbeatable....

so sad for kimi, last year he has some bad luck while driving the mclarens, but now he wore the red suits hes only 4th on the WDC... lets give him more time to adjust, or maybe the lack of pace for the scarlet cars.

OT: sato got penalized 10th place penalty in upcoming french GP after igoring the yellow flags ,too harsh maybe..

and lastly are honda going to use the revised RA107B this coming french GP? im hping with thier new engine they can race with the toyota's,renaults,williams,and even bmw.... :roll:

i agree with your comments on lewis......meron b u f1 sa cable jan sa inyo? di nako nakakanood ng f1 kc alang f1 sa destiny eh (translation: do you have f1 on your cable provider? there's no f1 in destiny so i can't watch f1) :D

sodau2
car driver
car driver

Post by sodau2 » 19 Jun 2007, 21:42

Read this:
http://www.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/ ... 4916.shtml

--Triple world champion and former Ferrari racer Niki Lauda observed at the US Grand Prix: "They will be missing the meticulousness with which he moved Ferrari forwards in the past years."--

But the key is Michael Schumacher or Ross Brawn? :shock: