Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by Maria d » 22 Oct 2010, 19:45

i would give anything to watch him drive spa 1 more time. i know its selfish but he is truly the king of spa.
when i know it...........K.Raikkonen

spinster
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by spinster » 22 Oct 2010, 19:46

Maria d wrote:i would give anything to watch him drive spa 1 more time. i know its selfish but he is truly the king of spa.
Come to my Belgium next year you'll see him live!!! :n
Don't dream your life...LIVE YOUR DREAMS!!!

sammyosammy
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sammyosammy » 22 Oct 2010, 20:07

spinster wrote:he'll drive for 5 years and more no matter f1 or rally...

but wanna see him back winning sorry...

ik wil hem verdomme in een RBR volgend jaar!
Hahaaaa, do not know the lanquage but reminds me swedish and english all together...something like "I want him with RBR next year.."

(btw, it´s been reeeeeally nice evening today; two major desicions; catalunyan GP 2011 (it´s been re-schedualed as two weeks later...?) and rally finland 2011 with platinum for both days :blush: Oh my, oh my, this IS life :lol: )

spinster
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by spinster » 22 Oct 2010, 20:10

sammyosammy wrote:

Hahaaaa, do not know the lanquage but reminds me swedish and english all together...something like "I want him with RBR next year.."

(btw, it´s been reeeeeally nice evening today; two major desicions; catalunyan GP 2011 (it´s been re-schedualed as two weeks later...?) and rally finland 2011 with platinum for both days :blush: Oh my, oh my, this IS life :lol: )
it's dutch... soething between german and english... and your translation is fully correct...

je bent goed!!! :lol:
Don't dream your life...LIVE YOUR DREAMS!!!

sammyosammy
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sammyosammy » 22 Oct 2010, 20:26

spinster wrote:
sammyosammy wrote:

it's dutch... soething between german and english... and your translation is fully correct...

je bent goed!!! :lol:
:thumbsup: I´m out for some sleep, got some ice-hockey to do tomorrow (actually three games :confused: ) Nighty people!

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 22 Oct 2010, 20:28

sammyosammy wrote: (btw, it´s been reeeeeally nice evening today; two major desicions; catalunyan GP 2011 (it´s been re-schedualed as two weeks later...?) and rally finland 2011 with platinum for both days :blush: Oh my, oh my, this IS life :lol: )
Lucky you!

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 22 Oct 2010, 20:30

Maria d wrote:i would give anything to watch him drive spa 1 more time. i know its selfish but he is truly the king of spa.
Me too Maria :hug:

Spa without Kimi this year was... meh :(

Come with me to Spa next year, okay :pray:
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 22 Oct 2010, 20:33

sammyosammy wrote: (btw, it´s been reeeeeally nice evening today; two major desicions; catalunyan GP 2011 (it´s been re-schedualed as two weeks later...?) and rally finland 2011 with platinum for both days :blush: Oh my, oh my, this IS life :lol: )
Off-Topic: show
This time you can leave your friend home and take me, okay :O

Sweet dreams :hug:
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by SpaMaster » 22 Oct 2010, 23:27

Maria d wrote:i just dont think mark is a champ driver, i think he will fold. and the f-team will take it.
if they are going to build a team around sv, why not bring in a teammate he likes and respects.
i think kimi is going back to f1
This! :lol: Remember few weeks ago how Vettel was almost pleading for Kimi to come back in that Kulta article. Frankly, I don't think there is much to read into that Horner interview. Webber may retire soon. Vettel is a top-class driver, and he is the only one Red Bull have their hands on. So he has to be their future focus. Other top drivers like Hamilton and Alonso are all tied-up long term with their respective teams. The interview could also be seen as a way of Horner trying to convince Vettel to help Webber in the final race or so if needed. It is like 'Help the team now, you can be our future later'. Even if Vettel is the focus in the future, it does not mean other driver won't be given equal treatment. Red Bull have already done that this season. So, I don't think any driver should worry about going to Red Bull.
Last edited by SpaMaster on 23 Oct 2010, 03:13, edited 1 time in total.
Curious case of Kimi Raikkonen..

brendakarli
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by brendakarli » 23 Oct 2010, 01:41

SpaMaster,

Perhaps you are right about the equal status part - and I think Vettel wouldn't mind losing to kimi (if and when he does) as they have a special relationship. Plus, Kimi is a WC whilst webber isn't, so it would not be too humbling for vettel if he does. I also think RB feels that under Kimi, vettel can learn from him more effectively than webber.

And perhaps RB might be laying all the cards carefully for kimi's re-entry to F1, and for having to let webber go since the turkey debacle, they must have learnt a good lesson on public perception (although it is true that you can't please everyone) - for all we know, webber may have actually only signed an agreement for 2011 which includes RB's right/option not to let webber continue should they see fit. Maybe, webber told them he would quit if he won and RB has in their mind that if he lost the WDC (esp to Alonso), then he deserves to be sacked anyway. He's the one with the much more reliable car than seb this whole season...

In any case, we still have several weeks left to go before all is clear... I am just wondering if what kimi has been saying all this while about rallying is just a smoke screen for his return to F1 or if he genuinely/stubbornly just wants to stay in WRC come what may. It would take many years for him to reach the pinnacle in WRC and it is harder since he drives with F1 flair in WRC (which is what is causing his crashes in the first place). If it is the former, then I would nominate him for an oscar award for best actor :blink: I still have my doubts about RB since the robertsons went all the way to renault to enquire about a seat (which they wouldn't have needed to if they already have something in place with RB - or again if that was another one of their smokescreens too :huh: It is a rollercoaster indeed :E :80: )
The JINX

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 23 Oct 2010, 03:22

great post brendakarli
when i know it...........K.Raikkonen

brendakarli
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by brendakarli » 23 Oct 2010, 03:47

Maria,

I just went to other threads and it seems many people are outraged with Horner's comments and even in all of that, the speculation is sutil to RB ... no mention of kimi anywhere :lol: silly season is in FULL swing

Flag:## Flag:## Flag:##
Off-Topic: show
Alonso for DC 2010 Flag:##
The JINX

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by SpaMaster » 23 Oct 2010, 03:59

brendakarli wrote: In any case, we still have several weeks left to go before all is clear... I am just wondering if what kimi has been saying all this while about rallying is just a smoke screen for his return to F1 or if he genuinely/stubbornly just wants to stay in WRC come what may.
This is a real possibility. We just can't take everything Kimi says for granted. Last year the Citroen deal was all under wraps, while Kimi himself was stressing the McLaren talks for the most part. We can't say for sure what Kimi is thinking until there is an official announcement. I know that he would be evaluating his potential in WRC. I don't know if he is doing that now or would do it in future. May be he thinks, 'I want to forget F1 for now, no matter what happens in the future', because he is a stubborn kind of guy. May be he thinks, 5/6 rallies per year while being in F1. All of these are options.
It would take many years for him to reach the pinnacle in WRC and it is harder since he drives with F1 flair in WRC (which is what is causing his crashes in the first place).
I don't think we can conclude anything about his rally speed yet. May be Kimi knows, but not us. I also think it is too early to suggest that his F1 driving style would stop him from being a good rally driver. If at all, Kimi already had some rally driving style during his F1 years, that trail-brake pattern he tends to take the corners.
Curious case of Kimi Raikkonen..

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 23 Oct 2010, 04:06

Just getting the speculation wheel in motion some more :p

(It's part of a longer video, but link goes directly to the relevant part):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XH4_gAqydto#t=6m45s

Transcript:
Narrator: Another driver still unsure in his future is Kimi Raikkonen, having turned down the opportunity to rejoin Formula 1 with Renault. His current backer, Red Bull, now appear unwilling to sponsor a rally drive for next season but Raikkonen could remain in the WRC with both Mini and the Monster World Rally Team showing interest in signing the former F1 champion.

Kimi: "I have nothing for next year so far and when I know more I will let you know but now there's no decision. For sure it would be nice to do rally again because I have much more experience than I had to start the year. Now it's really up to me what I would like to do so we'll see in the future.
I'm sure someone here will be able to use this interview to undoubtedly prove that he's going back to F1. :zz:

sammyosammy
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sammyosammy » 23 Oct 2010, 04:23

sleenster wrote:Just getting the speculation wheel in motion some more :p

(It's part of a longer video, but link goes directly to the relevant part):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XH4_gAqydto#t=6m45s

Transcript:
Narrator: Another driver still unsure in his future is Kimi Raikkonen, having turned down the opportunity to rejoin Formula 1 with Renault. His current backer, Red Bull, now appear unwilling to sponsor a rally drive for next season but Raikkonen could remain in the WRC with both Mini and the Monster World Rally Team showing interest in signing the former F1 champion.

Kimi: "I have nothing for next year so far and when I know more I will let you know but now there's no decision. For sure it would be nice to do rally again because I have much more experience than I had to start the year. Now it's really up to me what I would like to do so we'll see in the future.
I'm sure someone here will be able to use this interview to undoubtedly prove that he's going back to F1. :zz:
eeerhm, isn´t he??? :roll::