Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 21 Oct 2010, 14:58

Mar wrote:
Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:
sleenster wrote:Could Kimi be talking about Citroen? Maybe they are saving a DS3 for him if he can bring the sponsorship but he has to do it quickly or else they will give it to someone else? That's why he has to decide quickly?

I have no idea, I'm just pulling stuff out of thin air. :huh:
Yep that could be as well! Hope he manages to get the money :pray:

BTW I always thought that if he goes to Monster he doesn´t have to find his own sponsors? :huh:
Maybe they need more sponsors (or the equivalent amount of money)?

Something like Citroën: they have Red Bull, but they also have Total, and some other little ones.

hmm could be! but Kimi still has DNA as an sponsor! Though I dunno how much money he gets from them! If only Kulta would interview Steve about the whole situation!
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 21 Oct 2010, 15:05

Claudie_Schnaudie wrote: hmm could be! but Kimi still has DNA as an sponsor! Though I dunno how much money he gets from them! If only Kulta would interview Steve about the whole situation!
DNA is too small company for sponsor the team in WRC. It could be only personal sponsor of Kimi - and I think that there might be some his friends or other things behind that (not enough money).
I miss a babysitter

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 21 Oct 2010, 15:09

Moominpappa wrote:
Claudie_Schnaudie wrote: hmm could be! but Kimi still has DNA as an sponsor! Though I dunno how much money he gets from them! If only Kulta would interview Steve about the whole situation!
DNA is too small company for sponsor the team in WRC. It could be only personal sponsor of Kimi - and I think that there might be some his friends or other things behind that (not enough money).

what exactly do you mean? :confused:

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 21 Oct 2010, 15:10

Moominpappa wrote:
There was an article a long time ago that said DNA's sponsorship was in the 5-figure range.

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 21 Oct 2010, 15:15

sleenster wrote:
Moominpappa wrote:
There was an article a long time ago that said DNA's sponsorship was in the 5-figure range.
Sorry, I have always had problems in English trying to figure out what that means. :blush:

5-figure range is from 10,000 to 100,000? Or is it from 100,000 to 1,000,000?

It already took me a while to understand that an English billion is 1000 times smaller than a Spanish one. :roll::

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 21 Oct 2010, 15:16

Mar wrote:
sleenster wrote:
Moominpappa wrote:
Sorry, I have always had problems in English trying to figure out what that means. :blush:

5-figure range is from 10,000 to 100,000? Or is it from 100,000 to 1,000,000?

It already took me a while to understand that an English billion is 1000 times smaller than a Spanish one. :roll::
Sorry :blush:
5-figure is anywhere from 10,000 to 99,999

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 21 Oct 2010, 15:21

Thanks sleenster! :hug: Now I learnt something new today.

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 21 Oct 2010, 15:24

Claudie_Schnaudie wrote: what exactly do you mean? :confused:
I mean that Kimi has not made sponsor agreement with DNA for money.
I miss a babysitter

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 21 Oct 2010, 15:30

Moominpappa wrote:

ah okay now I get it! :)

SilentKiller
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by SilentKiller » 21 Oct 2010, 16:29

Lol that 5 figure mark is peanuts.....Thats not gonna get him anything......maybe get a deal with Monster, and I am not talking about the WRC team.

Lunna
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Lunna » 21 Oct 2010, 17:48

Moominpappa wrote:
and some time ago I found this )))

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 21 Oct 2010, 18:17

About the Red Bull story:

I have always found very weird that all those latest news about Red Bull not wanting to sponsor Räikkönen any longer don’t appear in the German speaking media.
There were some rumours some weeks ago about Red Bull not sponsoring him any longer because it was already decided that Kimi was going back to F1, the origin of that information should be Baumschlager.
Then came those comments from Marko and that’s all.
Nothing more in German.

This evening, Motorsport-total (they are a little bit boulevard like, but they are the guys Marko gave his “nice” statements about Räikkönen) have written an article about what Block has said about Atkinson and Kimi

http://www.motorsport-total.com/rallye/ ... 02108.html

Funnily enough they say:
Sein bisheriger Sponsor Red Bull, der den Einsatz im Citroën-Junior-Team bezahlt, hätte durchaus Interesse, den "Iceman" weiter zu finanzieren - allerdings wohl kaum als Pilot im Team von Energydrink-Konkurrent Monster.
That’s something like (sorry it’s translating from my second to my third language, I’m not too good at it):

His sponsor up to the moment, Red Bull, that pays his efforts in Citroën Junior Team, would have real interest to further finance the Iceman- nevertheless, not really as driver in the team of the energy drink competitor Monster.

Ok, the people of Motorsport-total could be living in another world, but… :huh:

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 21 Oct 2010, 19:24

Mar wrote:About the Red Bull story:

I have always found very weird that all those latest news about Red Bull not wanting to sponsor Räikkönen any longer don’t appear in the German speaking media.
There were some rumours some weeks ago about Red Bull not sponsoring him any longer because it was already decided that Kimi was going back to F1, the origin of that information should be Baumschlager.
Then came those comments from Marko and that’s all.
Nothing more in German.

This evening, Motorsport-total (they are a little bit boulevard like, but they are the guys Marko gave his “nice” statements about Räikkönen) have written an article about what Block has said about Atkinson and Kimi

http://www.motorsport-total.com/rallye/ ... 02108.html

Funnily enough they say:
Sein bisheriger Sponsor Red Bull, der den Einsatz im Citroën-Junior-Team bezahlt, hätte durchaus Interesse, den "Iceman" weiter zu finanzieren - allerdings wohl kaum als Pilot im Team von Energydrink-Konkurrent Monster.
That’s something like (sorry it’s translating from my second to my third language, I’m not too good at it):

His sponsor up to the moment, Red Bull, that pays his efforts in Citroën Junior Team, would have real interest to further finance the Iceman- nevertheless, not really as driver in the team of the energy drink competitor Monster.

Ok, the people of Motorsport-total could be living in another world, but… :huh:
I have to say that in RB things i trust this boulevard paper more than the French ones or autosport who seems to ,yes, have asked Baumschlager (the source near RB) what he things of the thing :lol: and have to say that you are not the only one who things that the latest rumors and the sources has been a little bit strange...

My current (and motorsport-totals :O ) wild guess that the problem with Kimi and RB is that they this year spend totally 10 million (5 for the car and 5 salary, according to same boulevard earlier ) and they want to continue to have him as a RB driver because they recognize his value but they dont want to pay the same amount as this year (and payfor the whole party, when other are benefiting from him so much also) but just a couple of millions,half of the current amount, who knows but he have to find also other sponsors or maybe live without a salary but RB would pay for his car... if they would like to cut him off totally they have no need to negotiate and rumors are that they are/have been meeting but dont agree. But if Kimi chooses to go to Monster-ford they dont want to sponsor him anymore of course but if he would choose mini they could continue.

makes much more sense to me than the other stories that he would be cut off totally from RB sponsorship when you remember that he was 4 months ago still very,very good to their brand. They probably even argue with citroen how much the car costs because citroen have benefited probably more from Kimi than RB has and definitely more from having Kimi instead of a noname...

... after Kimis pressconference answers it sounds like the situation is definitely not so desperate than the media is giving it to be....
Last edited by Julia on 21 Oct 2010, 19:52, edited 1 time in total.

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 21 Oct 2010, 19:41

According to Heikki Kulta Kimi said this:
– Maybe I have made the decision about my future by the time of the last race, Räikkönen said on Thursday.
&doh
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 21 Oct 2010, 19:49

Wolfie wrote:According to Heikki Kulta Kimi said this:
– Maybe I have made the decision about my future by the time of the last race, Räikkönen said on Thursday.
&doh

hey why would he tell earlier... that would destroy all the fun of speculating :roll:: and didnt steve say in germany that it probably goes to after the season before any announcements are made... so december is still my wild guess :lol: