Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by Acropolis » 20 Oct 2010, 20:44

Off-Topic: show
welcome Mar, from me too....

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 20 Oct 2010, 20:48

Julia wrote:
Mar wrote:
sleenster wrote:
Julia wrote:
luieluv wrote:A Tweet from TotalRally :

Petter Solberg "Very happy" with the offer on the table from Citroen.

Clark is expecting sordo to partner petter in ctroen junior unless sordo is poached by ford.

what :huh: are they just guessing now? As I understood it from the interwive a norwegian paper had made to petter he was going to continue as privateer... or has it change? This was last week...
If Solberg drives for the JT, that means he will have to obey team orders. I really don't see Petter agreeing to do that...... :(
What Clark meant with “Citroën’s offer” is how much Solberg would have to pay to buy the seat. If that were the case, he would not have to follow team orders (just as Kimi doesn’t have to do this season).
OK, but luie was mumbling about CJT and that was definitely not what Petter explained to the norwegian paper. And is clark already guessing Kimi isnt driving in the junior team? OK, they have had more than two drivers in the junior team before but I am confused now??

...and welcome Mar :thumbsup:
Thanks.

I have also heard Solberg’s people saying they wanted to stay next season just as they are at the moment.

But Clark tonight talked about Solberg getting a non too expensive CJT car.

Clark was also not too convinced tonight about Kimi staying in Citroën, but this guy changes his mind every two hours so… (Clark not Kimi)

The way he has been talking about Kimi’s future in WRC was not too optimistic. I didn’t catch everything he said because he decided to mumble a bit (à la Kimi), but he said that Kimi might end up having to pay for his seat from his own pocket. Then he told that all that new people following WRC this season are there because of Kimi and that these people will leave if Kimi leaves. And he ended up saying something very cryptic about Red Bull.

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 20 Oct 2010, 20:51

Mar wrote: Thanks.

I have also heard Solberg’s people saying they wanted to stay next season just as they are at the moment.

Clark was also not too convinced tonight about Kimi staying in Citroën, but this guy changes his mind every two hours so… (Clark not Kimi)

The way he has been talking about Kimi’s future in WRC was not too optimistic. I didn’t catch everything he said because he decided to mumble a bit (à la Kimi), but he said that Kimi might end up having to pay for his seat from his own pocket. Then he told that all that new people following WRC this season are there because of Kimi and that these people will leave if Kimi leaves. And he ended up saying something very cryptic about Red Bull.
:lol: and by the way, Clark can't even tell the difference between a bear and a dog.

For all those who missed it during Rally Japan:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1aT4E0_Fpc

Thanks Mars for the info. I am doubtful that Kimi would want to pay for his own seat though, if it came down to that. I think he'd rather be a R-driver instead of a P-driver.

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 20 Oct 2010, 20:51

Wolfie wrote:
Mar wrote:
Wolfie wrote:Welcome to the forum Mar :hug:
Sammy and Spinster... you rock :rofl:
Thanks Wolfie! :hug:
You see: with a little delay, but you convinced me to sign in. :wave:
And I thought a Spaniard around here this weekend could maybe be useful. :blush:
Who are you? Smokey? :pray:
Nope. I'm artista, from BB. In other words, another girl to add to the bunch here. :lol:

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 20 Oct 2010, 20:56

Mar wrote:
Julia wrote:
Mar wrote:
sleenster wrote:
Julia wrote:

what :huh: are they just guessing now? As I understood it from the interwive a norwegian paper had made to petter he was going to continue as privateer... or has it change? This was last week...
If Solberg drives for the JT, that means he will have to obey team orders. I really don't see Petter agreeing to do that...... :(
What Clark meant with “Citroën’s offer” is how much Solberg would have to pay to buy the seat. If that were the case, he would not have to follow team orders (just as Kimi doesn’t have to do this season).
OK, but luie was mumbling about CJT and that was definitely not what Petter explained to the norwegian paper. And is clark already guessing Kimi isnt driving in the junior team? OK, they have had more than two drivers in the junior team before but I am confused now??

...and welcome Mar :thumbsup:
Thanks.

thanks aot..have to listen to the podcast then... but i have to say that if the option for Kimi is to pay from is own pocket there is a big chance that he instead takes a sabbatical or retains, why would he sponsor WRC?

sammyosammy
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sammyosammy » 20 Oct 2010, 20:56

sleenster wrote:
Mar wrote: Thanks.

:lol: and by the way, Clark can't even tell the difference between a bear and a dog.

For all those who missed it during Rally Japan:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1aT4E0_Fpc

Thanks Mars for the info. I am doubtful that Kimi would want to pay for his own seat though, if it came down to that. I think he'd rather be a R-driver instead of a P-driver.
exactly, called D-thing

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 20 Oct 2010, 21:03

sleenster wrote:

you where faster than I :lol: yeah I think he draws the line there... He is not going to pay from his own pocket to drive and rather choses to retire.

If you remember Clark was also very sure about Ogier going to Ford and I never ever saw that happening so... but interesting to see what Kimi says this weekend.

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 20 Oct 2010, 21:08

Mar wrote:
Wolfie wrote:
Mar wrote:
Wolfie wrote:Welcome to the forum Mar :hug:
Sammy and Spinster... you rock :rofl:
Thanks Wolfie! :hug:
You see: with a little delay, but you convinced me to sign in. :wave:
And I thought a Spaniard around here this weekend could maybe be useful. :blush:
Who are you? Smokey? :pray:
Nope. I'm artista, from BB. In other words, another girl to add to the bunch here. :lol:
Yay, great to have you here Artista, I got confused by the Spaniard-thing :hug:
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 20 Oct 2010, 21:08

Julia wrote:
Mar wrote:

Thanks.

thanks aot..have to listen to the podcast then... but i have to say that if the option for Kimi is to pay from is own pocket there is a big chance that he instead takes a sabbatical or retains, why would he sponsor WRC?
I agree, I’m not a new rally fan, I have followed it my whole life, and I can see the difference Räikkönen’s presence has made.

That’s why I would not like to see him paying for a seat while everybody else profits from the interest he’s bringing in. It’s absolutely unethical.

spinster
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by spinster » 20 Oct 2010, 21:09

Julia wrote:
sleenster wrote:

you where faster than I :lol: yeah I think he draws the line there... He is not going to pay from his own pocket to drive and rather choses to retire.

If you remember Clark was also very sure about Ogier going to Ford and I never ever saw that happening so... but interesting to see what Kimi says this weekend.
he's off to F1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't dream your life...LIVE YOUR DREAMS!!!

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 20 Oct 2010, 21:11

Mar wrote:
Julia wrote:
Mar wrote:

Thanks.

I agree, I’m not a new rally fan, I have followed it my whole life, and I can see the difference Räikkönen’s presence has made.

That’s why I would not like to see him paying for a seat while everybody else profits from the interest he’s bringing in. It’s absolutely unethical.
Mar, I adore the way you put it :thumbsup:

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 20 Oct 2010, 21:13

Mar wrote:
Julia wrote:
Mar wrote:

Thanks.

Yeah, especially when people like five-year-plan (probably going on to six-year-plan) has a seat.

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 20 Oct 2010, 21:14

Acropolis,

:blush: aaaaaaaand :hug:

Lunna
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Lunna » 20 Oct 2010, 21:24

Mar wrote:According to the moderator, Christie says Kimi keeps on tracing the curves à la F1: he opens the trajectory before the curve and then cuts the apex. As a consequence, and since he takes the curves from the outside, if he has the smallest of problems he’s instantly off the road.
hmm, it's interesting cuz I've already heard from the guys who drive at local rallies that Kimi's problem isn't only listening to the notes but also F1-driving style and if he wants to progress in rally he must break through from it :zz:

spinster
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by spinster » 20 Oct 2010, 21:32

because HE'S an F1 pilot :lol:
Don't dream your life...LIVE YOUR DREAMS!!!