Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Soren
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by Soren » 20 Oct 2010, 11:35

luieluv wrote:
Räikkönen: I have no plans for next year

Kimi Räikkönen has said that he is yet to finalise plans for the 2011 season following a sudden end to recent rumours that he may be returning to Formula 1 with Renault. Although a continuation in the World Rally Championship is believed to be the most likely option, the 2007 F1 World Champion reiterates that no arrangements are yet in place.

Having departed Ferrari at the end of last year, Räikkönen has spent 2010 rallying for Red Bull’s Citroën Junior Team. However, after claiming to the Finnish press prior to the Japanese Grand Prix that Renault was using his name in a publicity stunt – a statement the team hotly contested - an F1 comeback seems unlikely.

“I don’t have any plans for next year,” he told Fox Sports ahead of this weekend’s French rally. “There’s different options and we will see which is the best, what I feel is the right thing for me, and then we’ll make the decision.”

When asked to explain his goal for the rest of this season’s WRC campaign, which features events in Spain and Great Britain after this weekend, Kimi replied:

“To try and make the best out of all of the rallies; there’s two tarmac rallies, so that should be a bit easier.

"Here in France it’s a new rally for everybody, so it should be a bit better for us because other people don’t have experience from the past here – so hopefully we can improve and get some good results.”
http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/2452 ... next-year/
Thanks. But can i just say that maybe this "I have plenty of time to decide" and "there is no rush" attitude that Kimi has displayed all year might actually bite him in the ass in the end? :(
Join our feisty Kimi Raikkonen group on Facebook
Click and join :D
Click here to follow us on Twitter as well

luviceman
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by luviceman » 20 Oct 2010, 11:43

Soren wrote: Thanks. But can i just say that maybe this "I have plenty of time to decide" and "there is no rush" attitude that Kimi has displayed all year might actually bite him in the ass in the end? :(
hey, be positive Soren :) Kimi will find something to do in the end :)
the only problem is we will like it, or not ''hmm''

Soren
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Soren » 20 Oct 2010, 11:57

luviceman wrote:
Soren wrote: Thanks. But can i just say that maybe this "I have plenty of time to decide" and "there is no rush" attitude that Kimi has displayed all year might actually bite him in the ass in the end? :(
Cheers. I will try to be. Getting nervous - thats all :p
That Renault contract doesnt look too bad at the moment. But I guess thats why Kimi is the Iceman - and I am not.
Join our feisty Kimi Raikkonen group on Facebook
Click and join :D
Click here to follow us on Twitter as well

apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by apple » 20 Oct 2010, 12:01

Soren wrote:
luviceman wrote:
Cheers. I will try to be. Getting nervous - thats all :p
That Renault contract doesnt look too bad at the moment. But I guess thats why Kimi is the Iceman - and I am not.
And the fact he is probably closer the source who knows more :p

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 20 Oct 2010, 12:09

I have to say the R-word is looking more and more likely....and by R-word I definitely don't mean "Red Bull". :confused:

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 20 Oct 2010, 12:12

sleenster wrote:I have to say the R-word is looking more and more likely....and by R-word I definitely don't mean "Red Bull". :confused:
Citroen, Monster, Mercedes, McLaren, Ferrari or even Ford :lol:

Sorry :blush:
I miss a babysitter

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 20 Oct 2010, 12:21

sleenster wrote:I have to say the R-word is looking more and more likely....and by R-word I definitely don't mean "Red Bull". :confused:
To be honest, it looks likely to me too :( and scares the hell out of me :fear: .....

brendakarli
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by brendakarli » 20 Oct 2010, 12:23

luviceman wrote:
brendakarli wrote:Anelise,

any translations?
Thank you so much, Anelise for sharing :hug:

brendakarli, Kimi's interview is in English :)
OIC, I didn't realize it was in English as the video started with the 3 guys speaking in a foreign lang (to me that is :O )...will watch it patiently then :blink:
The JINX

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 20 Oct 2010, 14:36

brendakarli wrote:
luviceman wrote:
brendakarli wrote:Anelise,

any translations?
Thank you so much, Anelise for sharing :hug:

brendakarli, Kimi's interview is in English :)
OIC, I didn't realize it was in English as the video started with the 3 guys speaking in a foreign lang (to me that is :O )...will watch it patiently then :blink:
There’s something interesting in the Spanish part of that interview. Before the interview there is just small talk and bad jokes, but after the interview, the main moderator (the one standing) tells he has been talking with Martín Christie (ex co-driver and sport director of Munchi’s) and has asked him why Kimi goes off so oft.

According to the moderator, Christie says Kimi keeps on tracing the curves à la F1: he opens the trajectory before the curve and then cuts the apex. As a consequence, and since he takes the curves from the outside, if he has the smallest of problems he’s instantly off the road.

I don’t totally agree, because Kimi goes off only at low speed corners and not at high (luckily!). If that were the case, he should also go off at high speed corners too.

PS. The moderators also told they were allowed to make just one question about F1. :lol:

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 20 Oct 2010, 14:52

Thank you for the translation Mar and welcome :shhh: :wave:

And thanks Anelise for the video. :)

sammyosammy
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sammyosammy » 20 Oct 2010, 18:43

Hey Sleen, I´ll copy You..

The R-word is very likely by now. If it is S-word for next season, it´ll definitevely end up with R-word. And must say I´d be happier with R-word than M-word along with continuening "learnin´ process". And what the heck, if it is the R-word, it´ll end up with BBB-word which should be a very happy thing for K-word

:thumbsup: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 20 Oct 2010, 19:09

sammy :huh:
when i know it...........K.Raikkonen

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 20 Oct 2010, 19:16

Let me try :)

[quote]The R-word (retirement) is very likely by now. If it is S-word (sabbatical :huh: ) for next season, it´ll definitevely end up with R-word. And must say I´d be happier with R-word than M-word (Monster or Merces) along with continuening "learnin´ process". And what the heck, if it is the R-word, it´ll end up with BBB-word (Baby/Baby/Baby) which should be a very happy thing for K-word (Kimi)[/quote]
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 20 Oct 2010, 19:25

I don't like these R, S and B words :(

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 20 Oct 2010, 19:28

Kriss wrote:I don't like these R, S and B words :(
me neither...the R and S scare me....if they happen, it will be hard to face...