Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
icemaid
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by icemaid » 18 Oct 2010, 10:23

Soren wrote:Im bored.. So guys, have you heard the latest rumor?

Rosberg have really impressed Ferrari by consistently beating their old champion and he will be snatched up by them for next year. Kimi then goes to Mercedes to finally team up with Schumi who has a somewhat similar oversteery preference like Kimi has. This was why Haug visited Kimi earlier this year. To tell him of the plans for their car development and give him some inside info of their expected level of competitiveness. Kimi was somewhat interested but told his old friend Haug that he had to give rallying a serious go this year. Well, as the season has progressed things have changed. And the whole Renault contact from Robertsons was a smokescreen to divert attention from their real talks with Mercedes GP. I guess this also matches up with the info given by our mysterious friend on the Finnish forum.

Did I mention that this rumor is entirely fabricated by me? :cool:

Thanks Soren for making me happy for 1 min. :blush: :lol:

Anelise
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Anelise » 18 Oct 2010, 11:22

Kubica: Disappointed Kimi won't be joining
Robert Kubica says he's a "bit disappointed" that Kimi Raikkonen won't be joining him at Renault, as it would've been really good to have a World Champ as a team-mate.

Rumours of Raikkonen's possible move to Renault, which created headlines after the Finn's management admitted they had contacted Renault to enquire about their 2011 line-up, came to naught when the 2007 World Champ lashed out at Renault.

According to the World Rally Championship driver, he "never seriously considered driving for Renault" and was "very disappointed with the way they have used my name for their own marketing."

One man who was left disappointed by the Finn's rejection of Renault was his potential 2011 team-mate, Kubica.

"I was a bit surprised because personally I thought that there was a chance," the Pole told ITV-F1. "But apparently it wasn't the case - what he's saying is completely different to what the picture was looking like.

"So I'm a bit disappointed because if there had been a chance I would've been very pleased to race together in the team with him, because he is a great driver.

"To have a World Champion driver as a team-mate would always be really good, and I think it's what Renault needs as well. But apparently it was completely not the case, so I don't really know what to think."
http://www.planetf1.com/news/3213/64510 ... n-An-Asset

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 18 Oct 2010, 11:41

Nice rumour, Sören :lol:

Anelise, Kubica said the opposite earlier but after Kimi roared he changed his statements...
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

icemaid
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by icemaid » 18 Oct 2010, 12:14

Wolfie, what did Kubica said earlier?

mr j
kart driver
kart driver

Post by mr j » 18 Oct 2010, 12:27

Soren wrote:Im bored.. So guys, have you heard the latest rumor?

Rosberg have really impressed Ferrari by consistently beating their old champion and he will be snatched up by them for next year. Kimi then goes to Mercedes to finally team up with Schumi who has a somewhat similar oversteery preference like Kimi has. This was why Haug visited Kimi earlier this year. To tell him of the plans for their car development and give him some inside info of their expected level of competitiveness. Kimi was somewhat interested but told his old friend Haug that he had to give rallying a serious go this year. Well, as the season has progressed things have changed. And the whole Renault contact from Robertsons was a smokescreen to divert attention from their real talks with Mercedes GP. I guess this also matches up with the info given by our mysterious friend on the Finnish forum.

Did I mention that this rumor is entirely fabricated by me? :cool:
Damn, I believed you for a second! :lol:

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 18 Oct 2010, 13:04

Wolfie wrote:Nice rumour, Sören :lol:

Anelise, Kubica said the opposite earlier but after Kimi roared he changed his statements...
wolfie,

How have you drawn that conclusion from his statement? This is what he said to Kulta:

http://www.f1zone.net/viewtopic.php?f=1 ... 3&start=60
Renault's Robert Kubica could become the Finn's team mate should he decide to come back to F1.

– Anything is possible in F1. If Kimi decides to come back then I'm sure everybody welcomes him back. It wouldn't be difficult for him to adjust to all this again because rally is completely different.

– But I don't know about Kimi's plans. If I would be Kimi I would stay in rally but I don't say it because I would want him to stay away, I say it because I know how great a WRC-car is and since my nature is what it is, I would choose rally if I was Kimi.
The statement after robertson contacted Renault but before Kimi roard is actually quite interesting because what he says is that IF he was in Kimis position he would choose rally instead of the Renault F1 seat...

That doesn't in any way contradict his later statement that he was [from his own point of view] disappointed that Kimi wasn't interested in becoming his teammate in Renault...but as he stated earlier he would actually have done the same decision as Kimi if he would have been in Kimis shoes :O
Last edited by Julia on 18 Oct 2010, 15:05, edited 1 time in total.

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 18 Oct 2010, 15:02

Armchair Guide to Rally de España 2010

[...]

Technical: WRCs will use the same engines that were used in France and will be used again in Great Britain. The transmission and spare parts are shared with the Rallye de France, which has already taken place.

[....]
http://www.rallybuzz.com/rally-spain-2010-preview/

Kimi's decision not to restart looks even more justified now, since a lot of the spare parts have to last at least two rallies.....

Anelise
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Anelise » 18 Oct 2010, 16:04

Wolfie wrote:Nice rumour, Sören :lol:

It's easy to change your mind after... :confused:

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 18 Oct 2010, 17:06

Isn´t that old news? Or did Kubi come up again with those words? :confused:
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 18 Oct 2010, 17:15

Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:Isn´t that old news? Or did Kubi come up again with those words? :confused:
:roll:: yeah,its last weeks autosport-news which they recycle... it has just taken one turn around the world and change a little bit on the time.

but here some new rumors (whit no reliable source but I heard it before also) which Neil Cole already turned down:

http://twitter.com/paddocknews/status/27727190282
RT @NeilMcDaid #wrc rumor of the week, Pastrana to test or has already tested several cars.Redbull not happy with Kimi.
http://twitter.com/neilcole/status/27727824577
@paddocknews @NeilMcDaid Pastrana in #WRC full-time EXTREMEly unlikely, from what I've heard. Personal/health reasons
(Pastrana is an American RB showman who has done some WRC-events in the past i think? and some people think that he wold be a better match against Block in Monster)

But I have to say that i understand RB:s assumed problem with the WRC next year. Chris Meeke (who changes from IRC to WRC) is also RB-sponsored so if they continued with all of them they would have 5 RB guys next year in WRC and thats almost half of the field.
Last edited by Julia on 18 Oct 2010, 17:33, edited 1 time in total.

brendakarli
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by brendakarli » 18 Oct 2010, 17:27

He doesn't even elaborate why "RB is not happy with kimi" ... dun tell me cos kimi is defecting to Monster!!! Heck!!! It's RB's own fault since they dun want to sponsor kimi in rally. I dunno what they r on - methinks, too much RB in their system!
The JINX

spinster
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by spinster » 18 Oct 2010, 18:18

brendakarli wrote:He doesn't even elaborate why "RB is not happy with kimi" ... dun tell me cos kimi is defecting to Monster!!! Heck!!! It's RB's own fault since they dun want to sponsor kimi in rally. I dunno what they r on - methinks, too much RB in their system!
I'm so sure something strange is happening and I guess RB is trying everything to keep Kimi with them BUT hahahaha in F1 :-) they put pressure on Kimi...
Don't dream your life...LIVE YOUR DREAMS!!!

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 18 Oct 2010, 19:44

Sorry, I don't have time to find the news about Kubica but will bring them here if I stumble upon them :)

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 18 Oct 2010, 19:45

spinster wrote:
brendakarli wrote:He doesn't even elaborate why "RB is not happy with kimi" ... dun tell me cos kimi is defecting to Monster!!! Heck!!! It's RB's own fault since they dun want to sponsor kimi in rally. I dunno what they r on - methinks, too much RB in their system!
I'm so sure something strange is happening and I guess RB is trying everything to keep Kimi with them BUT hahahaha in F1 :-) they put pressure on Kimi...
It would be mega-cool if you were right, Spinne :C:

spinster
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by spinster » 18 Oct 2010, 19:50

Wolfie wrote:
spinster wrote:
It would be mega-cool if you were right, Spinne :C:
haha i know why :n
Don't dream your life...LIVE YOUR DREAMS!!!