Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by luieluv » 14 Oct 2010, 13:58

Off-Topic: show
sleenster wrote:
ReAlien wrote:
sleenster wrote:If it wasn't Alonso who forced Kimi out, then why do so many Kimi fans feel hatred towards Alonso and Alonso fans then?
I despised Alonso long ago during his Renault years, then I got warmer to him thinking he changed as a man, after Pike-gate I feel the same about him. Nothing close to hating him for Ferrari-Santander trick.
You may not hate him personally, but the emotions Kimi fans feel towards Alonso ranges from mild dislike to hatred. My point is, whether or not Alonso had anything to do with forcing Kimi out, I haven't come across any Kimi fans that love Alonso for that and think that Ferrari made the right decision.
Just my opinion. But i do like Alonso a lot. I have to say that he is one of the best driver of last decade. I am a hard core anti Ferrari and any other driver in Ferrari apart from Kimi will always be on the receiving end from me.
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 14 Oct 2010, 13:59

ReAlien wrote:
sleenster wrote:
ReAlien wrote:
sleenster wrote:If it wasn't Alonso who forced Kimi out, then why do so many Kimi fans feel hatred towards Alonso and Alonso fans then?
I despised Alonso long ago during his Renault years, then I got warmer to him thinking he changed as a man, after Pike-gate I feel the same about him. Nothing close to hating him for Ferrari-Santander trick.
You may not hate him personally, but the emotions Kimi fans feel towards Alonso ranges from mild dislike to hatred. My point is, whether or not Alonso had anything to do with forcing Kimi out, I haven't come across any Kimi fans that love Alonso for that and think that Ferrari made the right decision.
I just don't connect Alonso to Ferrari in this respect. Why blame him personally for Kimi's ousting?
Whatever Alonso wants, Alonso gets. :O
Even if it means moaning on the radio till he gets it.

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 14 Oct 2010, 14:02

sleenster wrote:
ReAlien wrote:
sleenster wrote:
ReAlien wrote:

I just don't connect Alonso to Ferrari in this respect. Why blame him personally for Kimi's ousting?

Whatever Alonso wants, Alonso gets. :O
Even if it means moaning on the radio till he gets it.

Thats true. But i am really loving the kind of thrashing on and off the field massa is getting.
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 14 Oct 2010, 14:03

well kimi can always come over here, nascar or indy,or drag racing , what ever, i want to watch him race.
the funny thing with Red Bull is they spend zillions of dollars on the nascar team and they are terrible. how can they complain about rally, kimi has brought so many new fans to rally, they are getting their moneys worth from him,in the pr department.
when i know it...........K.Raikkonen

square
kart driver
kart driver

Post by square » 14 Oct 2010, 14:05

SilentKiller wrote:Autosport print is as close to 'official' as you will get!!!!

Quesnel's words are not very encouraging "He is not fast even if his name is Kimi Räikkönen".
If he needs sponsors to drive, it will be more like a Petrov situation. I hope it doesn't get to that.
Yes, but I'd like to read an official statement from RB or Citroen...

I'm starting to get frustrated :confused:
ReAlien wrote:I wonder if anyone assessed the number of fans Kimi's entry to the WRC brought to this sport..
+ 1
But unfortunately it's all about money...

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 14 Oct 2010, 14:10

My gut feeling says that despite of kimi not liking it, He will have to ink a 2 year deal with Red Bull. It would be a compromising on one of the year. For example a combined deal of a year in WRC and next in F1 with Red Bull. Red Bull will try and poach kimi in a fashion where they will have to pay an amount equivalent of kimi's sponsorship of one year and would take kimi's services for two years. Red Bull may command it is what i feel.

Dont know whether Kimi will agree or not. If kimi - red bull fall out completely then it could be MWRT next year and then perhaps Mercedes in 2012 or continue in rally.

Kimi's situation actually is not bad but its very tricky.

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 14 Oct 2010, 14:16

luieluv wrote:My gut feeling says that despite of kimi not liking it, He will have to ink a 2 year deal with Red Bull. It would be a compromising on one of the year. For example a combined deal of a year in WRC and next in F1 with Red Bull. Red Bull will try and poach kimi in a fashion where they will have to pay an amount equivalent of kimi's sponsorship of one year and would take kimi's services for two years. Red Bull may command it is what i feel.

Dont know whether Kimi will agree or not. If kimi - red bull fall out completely then it could be MWRT next year and then perhaps Mercedes in 2012 or continue in rally.

Doubt that RB is that desperate to get Kimi! They have 2 top drivers who fight for the championship. They don´t need Kimi atm.
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

brendakarli
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by brendakarli » 14 Oct 2010, 14:18

Sleenster,

somehow, I never liked alonso even way before the ferrari thing and personally, I dun think alonso has anything to do with ferrari kicking kimi out. It was a business decision that ferrari made above anything else. Ferrari is solely responsible. Actually, I dunno if I am over-imagining things, but when ferrari was not doing too well a few races ago, I could see that alsono was all gloomy and sombre like kimi was when the car did not perform to his liking. I knew then that alonso feels a tremendous amount of pressure and it was prob worse for him since he replaced one of their drivers prematurely and all that hoopla.

I don't feel sorry for him not becos he took over kimi's job, but it is becos I never took a liking to his character to begin with... actually, I feel that alonso and massa are quite similar in character, loud and obnoxious when they are on the rise but when things are not going their way, you will see this defense mechanism that is quite something else :cool: anyhow, I suspect most kimi fans feel the same way as I do - as most of us not only fell in love with his amazing drives, but with his equally mesmerising character as well. Denorth def gets this about all kimi's female fans :lol: I didn't even look what's underneath his helmet before...it is very much like how I'm feeling about koba right now - that sauber guy is really great at talent spotting - he sure knows how to pick em :O
Maybe kimi is ready to retire to find time to make some kimi or jenni juniors - not a bad thing to do if kimi's had enough of the constant media hassling etc. These external factors may be what's pushing kimi over the edge and into retirement - has anyone of you thought abut it that way?
The JINX

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 14 Oct 2010, 14:19

Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:
luieluv wrote:My gut feeling says that despite of kimi not liking it, He will have to ink a 2 year deal with Red Bull. It would be a compromising on one of the year. For example a combined deal of a year in WRC and next in F1 with Red Bull. Red Bull will try and poach kimi in a fashion where they will have to pay an amount equivalent of kimi's sponsorship of one year and would take kimi's services for two years. Red Bull may command it is what i feel.

Doubt that RB is that desperate to get Kimi! They have 2 top drivers who fight for the championship. They don´t need Kimi atm.
i never said that RB would need kimi next year. The probability of they feeling the need year after is very high. Many factors suggests that.

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 14 Oct 2010, 14:20

luieluv wrote:
Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:

i never said that RB would need kimi next year. The probability of they feeling the need year after is very high. Many factors suggests that.
There has been talk about Red Bull elevating one of the Toro Rosso drivers into a Red Bull seat when Webber leaves, though.

brendakarli
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by brendakarli » 14 Oct 2010, 14:23

yes, sleenster, marko hinted at this recently I believe
The JINX

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 14 Oct 2010, 14:24

sleenster wrote:
luieluv wrote:
Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:

There has been talk about Red Bull elevating one of the Toro Rosso drivers into a Red Bull seat when Webber leaves, though.
Oh yes...the probability of them winning a WCC then would be very low. :p
And for me TBH, buemi who is touted to be promoted aint that good. Jaime has proven to be equally good or should i say equally average driver. I wonder how would Red Bull cope up when you have your rivals with better driver pairs.

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 14 Oct 2010, 14:28

luieluv wrote:
sleenster wrote:
luieluv wrote:
Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:

And for me TBH, buemi who is touted to be promoted aint that good. Jaime has proven to be equally good or should i say equally average driver. I wonder how would Red Bull cope up when you have your rivals with better driver pairs.
Assuming that Red Bull gets Kimi in their seat in 2012, would Kimi sitting out the 2011 F1 season be too long of a sabbatical from F1?

And what's with the Alonso love-fest and people defending him, I must have woke up in an alternate reality today :blink:

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 14 Oct 2010, 14:32

sleenster wrote:
luieluv wrote:
sleenster wrote:
luieluv wrote:
Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:

Assuming that Red Bull gets Kimi in their seat in 2012, would Kimi sitting out the 2011 F1 season be too long of a sabbatical from F1?

And what's with the Alonso love-fest and people defending him, I must have woke up in an alternate reality today :blink:
yes that is something to be evaluated. And i feel It wont take much time for kimi to be back on to the pace.
As far as defending alonso is concerned its just that if any one is to be blamed for kimi not being in F1 then its not alonso. Its the most shameless and unethical team Ferrari. Just about that.

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 14 Oct 2010, 14:34

:lol: :lol: :thumbsup:
when i know it...........K.Raikkonen