Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
SilentKiller
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by SilentKiller » 14 Oct 2010, 12:11

Off-Topic: show
rko281 wrote:
Lynx'niK wrote:
mr j wrote:Does anyone else have the feeling that Button might call it a day after this season?
No. Button is happy in Mclaren. Is Mclaren satisfied by his results? I think he´s quite mediocre atm, but he´s not a bad driver and ya know, they have Lewis. And Button deals way better with Hamster than Kova did one year ago. Whity likes Kimi and if he had a third car, he would put Kimi in that one,that´s for sure.
He's doing way better than most expected, he's there 3 points less than Lewis (yes Lewis lost a lot of points due to mechanical problems, but also Jenson, at Spa he was rammed by Vettel, in Monaco a mechanic forget something in his car and got overheated, ...).
He's not that type of driver that stands up like Lewis/Alonso do, but he is doing a very good job while being Lewis team mate. They seem to get along fine. I thing that Mclaren are very happy with their choice. It was a smart move in my opinion, both from Mclaren and Button to go there.
+1

mr j
kart driver
kart driver

Post by mr j » 14 Oct 2010, 12:19

Yes this is a speculation thread but its also F1 where the most unexpected things happen.

But for Button to call it a day does that really seem so far fetched?

I mean he's a WC, he's had the opportunity to drive for Macca and he's probably realised that he's never gonna beat Hamilton on pure speed. What's been obvious lately is that he's been choosing different strategies to Hamilton which to me suggests that he thinks that this is the only way to beat his teammate.

Also I get the feeling that after he broke up with his girlfriend, due to all the travelling, and then got back together again he did that because he perhaps have started to think of a life outside of F1.
Perhaps this is only wishful thinking on my part but why do I have this feeling that Kimi will replace Button at Macca?

Lynx'niK
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Lynx'niK » 14 Oct 2010, 12:24

rko281 wrote:
He's doing way better than most expected, he's there 3 points less than Lewis (yes Lewis lost a lot of points due to mechanical problems, but also Jenson, at Spa he was rammed by Vettel, in Monaco a mechanic forget something in his car and got overheated, ...).
He's not that type of driver that stands up like Lewis/Alonso do, but he is doing a very good job while being Lewis team mate. They seem to get along fine. I thing that Mclaren are very happy with their choice. It was a smart move in my opinion, both from Mclaren and Button to go there.
Is it enough to be a good teammate? I think Button wants to be a wdc again! And if that´s the case he has to push. Yes, Mclaren had some problems lately, but I remember a Button who drove like a rocket in the second part of 09, especially at Brazil. I wanna say, Hamilton is more consistent than Button and it´s not important if he´s one point ahead of Button or ten, he´s ahead. I don´t want to slam Button, because he´s okay, like I said way better than Kova and that should be enough for Mclaren but is it enough for Button?Mclaren have no intetrest to change their drivers, that´s for sure, but I´m also sure that Button would be happier if he would have been ahead of Lulu. It´s not about points, if you´re ahead, you win it. And nobody is talkin about the second guy, who made a good job. I mean Kimi was happy that he was one point ahead of Lulu in 07. :shhh:
GOODBYE KIMI
GOODBYE RÄIKKÖNEN

http://www.youtube.com/user/niQlettsche

Lunna
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Lunna » 14 Oct 2010, 12:36

Wolfie wrote:Webber on the other hand has heavily critisised his team in public, adding fuel into the anti-RBR and not behaved in a professional way.

Why don't you all try for yourself and start bashing your employer in public and see what the outcome is :p
Ham also critisised his team in public but he's still in Macca :O Alonso also critisised Renualt back in times but it didn't lead to breaking the contact and I don't see it as if Mark once said smth. bad about his team he must be fired.
I think we'll see if RB thinks the same way :cool:
The difficult part is that they have Horner that leads RBR team but he's not the one who makes the decision.
SilentKiller wrote:I disagree, Red Bull have had lots to gain especially since last year when they started winning races and pushing for the both titles.
WCC+WDC money aside, they get The F~0~M money, which is the for media exposure, and is the largest source of money for the teams. And RBR will most probably be getting the highest amount, and since like you said no Big Sponsor, so brand Red Bull gets the best media exposure of all.
Gain in sport but what about business?
Red Bull GmbH reported revenue results for 2009. For the year, the company posted slight revenue declines due to the global recession, but it managed to fulfill its targets for the year. The company sold 3.906 billion cans of its product worldwide, down from 3.921 billion in 2008, with revenues shrinking 1.7% year on year to EUR 3.267 billion (USD 4.43 billion) in 2009.
So their business isn't growing despite F1 success last year. Such companies as Pepsi and Coca-Cola are getting stronger at their market. And let's say it I won't buy Red Bull even if they win the title. )))
I really don't know how much they get from F~0~M now, but I think that they spend much more.

rko281
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by rko281 » 14 Oct 2010, 12:38

Honestly I cannot see where this Button talk is going. And since I don't believe this is the place to talk about him, I'll leave at this: a F1 driver, especially a WDC has full confidence in his abilities and I don't think that Button suddenly realized that he won't beat Ham in pure speed and so he needs to quit. C'mon, in order to win a WDC a lot of things need to happen and speed in only a part of it. When I said he is a good team mate to Ham, I mean they do seem to respect and get along and that's very important as they both have 1 WDC to date. This is the driver pairing that is the best in the current season. They might not be in 1-2places, but when they had the car to match the RB they delivered wins. If there was or not friction between them, we didn't see it or at least they've solved it. Compare this with the Alo/Mas or Web/Vet pairing where you can see with the naked eye the frictions. That'all for me regarding this. Maybe it's better to talk this in the F1 section, afterall we are on the 236 page :p .

Lunna
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Lunna » 14 Oct 2010, 12:45

mr j wrote: I mean he's a WC, he's had the opportunity to drive for Macca and he's probably realised that he's never gonna beat Hamilton on pure speed. What's been obvious lately is that he's been choosing different strategies to Hamilton which to me suggests that he thinks that this is the only way to beat his teammate.
And it seems to me that Button is happy know. He already had his chance and now he's in a good team. Even if he'll never be a champion again he can live with it :) I'm sure when he went to Macca he knew it wouoldn't be easy to beat Ham. And when Ham makes mistakes he's right there.

Denorth
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Denorth » 14 Oct 2010, 12:56

isn't it speculation thread about Kimi? or we switch to speculation about button now? Some of us wnat to see Kimi in F1, I know. but is it necessary to go so far in suggestions?

If you think we need to go so far, then I am ready ressurect 'Kimi to Lotus' thingy :rofl:
These Colours Don't Run!

Kimi, Always Kimi

ReAlien
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by ReAlien » 14 Oct 2010, 13:20

sleenster wrote:If it wasn't Alonso who forced Kimi out, then why do so many Kimi fans feel hatred towards Alonso and Alonso fans then?
I despised Alonso long ago during his Renault years, then I got warmer to him thinking he changed as a man, after Pike-gate I feel the same about him. Nothing close to hating him for Ferrari-Santander trick.
LIVE TIMING WRC: http://www.wrc.com/
DRIVER COMMENTS, LIVE TIMING & STATISTICS: http://www.vysledky-rally.cz/vysledky/

square
kart driver
kart driver

Post by square » 14 Oct 2010, 13:32

And another article reporting about it... I'd still like to read something "official".
Nothing on German sites either...
WRC: Räikkönen Red Bull backing in jeapordy

Kimi Räikkönen’s WRC future has been thrown in to serious question, with reports suggesting the Finn will have to pay for a drive in 2011.

The 2007 F1 champ has endured a tough debut season in rallying, crashing out of several events and registering a total of just 21 points.

His maiden campaign has been backed by energy drink giants Red Bull, but it is now believed that the company - and in particular Helmut Marko - wish to end the agreement at the conclusion of the current season.

Citroën team principal Olivier Quesnel told Autosport that he believes Räikkönen wishes to remain with the team, but asserted that the Finn will not get a free drive.

"Even without Red Bull he will do his best to stay in rallying," said Quesnel.

"If he's got the budget we will be pleased to have him. But he is not fast enough, honestly - even if his name is Kimi Räikkönen, he is not fast enough. I think he has enough money, if he wants to [pay for a seat]. We will see."

Räikkönen had been strongly linked with a return to Formula One next season, with the Renault team suggesting that the Finn had made overtures to them about a driver for 2011. However Räikkönen last week accused the team of using his name to drum up publicity, thus ending any hope of a switch to the Enstone-based squad.

His most likely WRC alternative is believed to be alongside American Ken Block in a Monster-backed Ford. The marque already runs several Finns, and the Monster money would allow Räikkönen to avoid paying for a ride. The Prodrive-run Mini outfit are also believed to have made an approach for Räikkönen services, but were turned down as they will only run a partial season in 2011.

http://www.motorstv.com/car/rally/wrc/1 ... n-jeapordy

SilentKiller
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by SilentKiller » 14 Oct 2010, 13:48

Autosport print is as close to 'official' as you will get!!!!

Quesnel's words are not very encouraging "He is not fast even if his name is Kimi Räikkönen".
If he needs sponsors to drive, it will be more like a Petrov situation. I hope it doesn't get to that.

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 14 Oct 2010, 13:51

ReAlien wrote:
sleenster wrote:If it wasn't Alonso who forced Kimi out, then why do so many Kimi fans feel hatred towards Alonso and Alonso fans then?
I despised Alonso long ago during his Renault years, then I got warmer to him thinking he changed as a man, after Pike-gate I feel the same about him. Nothing close to hating him for Ferrari-Santander trick.
You may not hate him personally, but the emotions Kimi fans feel towards Alonso ranges from mild dislike to hatred. My point is, whether or not Alonso had anything to do with forcing Kimi out, I haven't come across any Kimi fans that love Alonso for that and think that Ferrari made the right decision.

ReAlien
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by ReAlien » 14 Oct 2010, 13:54

square wrote: "If he's got the budget we will be pleased to have him. But he is not fast enough, honestly - even if his name is Kimi Räikkönen, he is not fast enough. I think he has enough money, if he wants to [pay for a seat]. We will see."
I wonder if anyone assessed the number of fans Kimi's entry to the WRC brought to this sport..
DRIVER COMMENTS, LIVE TIMING & STATISTICS: http://www.vysledky-rally.cz/vysledky/

icemaid
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by icemaid » 14 Oct 2010, 13:54

Time for Kimi to go back to F1! :zz:

ReAlien
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by ReAlien » 14 Oct 2010, 13:55

sleenster wrote:
ReAlien wrote:
You may not hate him personally, but the emotions Kimi fans feel towards Alonso ranges from mild dislike to hatred. My point is, whether or not Alonso had anything to do with forcing Kimi out, I haven't come across any Kimi fans that love Alonso for that and think that Ferrari made the right decision.
I just don't connect Alonso to Ferrari in this respect. Why blame him personally for Kimi's ousting?

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 14 Oct 2010, 13:56

icemaid wrote:Time for Kimi to go back to F1! :zz:
As of now, if reports are to be believed then either there are no takers or kimi has rejected those who might have been interested. so in either of the case Kimi's time to come back in F1 is also in a jeopardy. Lesser than what it could be in WRC.
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season