Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by sleenster » 13 Oct 2010, 20:18

Wolfie wrote:
Off-Topic: show
Sleenster, hop in, I'm saving a seat for you and rko280 :lol:

@ Spinne it will be then from now on :shhh:
spinster can be your co-driver :p

spinster
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by spinster » 13 Oct 2010, 20:25

sleenster wrote:
Wolfie wrote:
Sleenster, hop in, I'm saving a seat for you and rko280 :lol:

@ Spinne it will be then from now on :shhh:
spinster can be your co-driver :p
i'll be sleenster co-driver... I hope he understand my language or we'll crash even more than Kimi :lol:

Guys this Red Bull thing of not sponsoring the second red bull rally team just means my gut feeling that I told yesterday... kimi is back in F1 and yes Wolfie RBR!!!!!!

Do you see the red red line true all the stories...

No Renault, Kimi can stay in Citroën with sponsorship of RB but they stop...Ford and Mini won't be an option to him...We're going to the end of the F1 season...they're a slowly preparing for A KIMI COMEBACK...
Don't dream your life...LIVE YOUR DREAMS!!!

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 13 Oct 2010, 21:17

You know, after what happened with Ferrari I can't believe that there are Kimi fans that are practically gleeful about Kimi taking one of the Red Bull drivers' seats. If one of the RBR drivers decide to leave on his own then that's fine but if one of the RBR drivers is forced out of their seat because Kimi wants it, I don't see how it is any different from what happened to Kimi. I thought Kimi fans would be more honourable than that or has all the pain that we experienced already been forgotten?

square
kart driver
kart driver

Post by square » 13 Oct 2010, 21:22

sleenster wrote:You know, after what happened with Ferrari I can't believe that there are Kimi fans that are practically gleeful about Kimi taking one of the Red Bull drivers' seats. If one of the RBR drivers decide to leave on his own then that's fine but if one of the RBR drivers is forced out of their seat because Kimi wants it, I don't see how it is any different from what happened to Kimi. I thought Kimi fans would be more honourable than that or has all the pain that we experienced already been forgotten?
+1

well said... I really don't want him to come back the way he was forced to leave.

spinster
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by spinster » 13 Oct 2010, 21:35

square wrote:
sleenster wrote:You know, after what happened with Ferrari I can't believe that there are Kimi fans that are practically gleeful about Kimi taking one of the Red Bull drivers' seats. If one of the RBR drivers decide to leave on his own then that's fine but if one of the RBR drivers is forced out of their seat because Kimi wants it, I don't see how it is any different from what happened to Kimi. I thought Kimi fans would be more honourable than that or has all the pain that we experienced already been forgotten?
+1

well said... I really don't want him to come back the way he was forced to leave.
Come on guys you don't see the clear picture...Kimi was forced out by money of Santander not Alonso. I don't know if you have any idea that there is a financial crisis and that Fiat is not that wealthy...So if a sponsor knock on your door and given a lot of money (no one really knows how much so it will be a lot) than you've to think about it... and the fact was that they couldn't make it to fire Massa who was recovering and Kimi wasn't so sure of staying in f1...

Last year RBR offered also the seat of Webber and he had also a contract. Come on guys if Kimi would take that seat there will be first announcement of MW who can say 2 things:
1. I'm a WDC I quit

2. I tried to be WDC and i feel i lost motivation so i decide to quit

and then the room os free from Kimi

We'll never get the reak pic behind the scenes...

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 13 Oct 2010, 21:39

Wolfie wrote:
Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:Wolfie you´ll never give up :lol: :lol:

Well have to say that at the moment I am not worried at all about his future. If he wants to get a seat at the WRC he´ll get one no matter if it´s with RB or not :)
Me give up :blink:

Never!!! Who wants to join the Red Bull -bus :lol:

I still drive Citroen :cool:
I miss a babysitter

square
kart driver
kart driver

Post by square » 13 Oct 2010, 21:41

spinster wrote:We'll never get the reak pic behind the scenes...
And you'd be happy about that?
Why is it unfair when Kimi is forced to leave (it doesn't quite matter why, the bottom line is the same) and fair when Webber would be forced to leave?

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 13 Oct 2010, 21:46

spinster wrote:
square wrote:
+1

Come on guys you don't see the clear picture...Kimi was forced out by money of Santander not Alonso. I don't know if you have any idea that there is a financial crisis and that Fiat is not that wealthy...So if a sponsor knock on your door and given a lot of money (no one really knows how much so it will be a lot) than you've to think about it... and the fact was that they couldn't make it to fire Massa who was recovering and Kimi wasn't so sure of staying in f1...

Last year RBR offered also the seat of Webber and he had also a contract. Come on guys if Kimi would take that seat there will be first announcement of MW who can say 2 things:
1. I'm a WDC I quit

I don't remember any Kimi fans celebrating over Kimi being forced out. If it wasn't Alonso who forced Kimi out, then why do so many Kimi fans feel hatred towards Alonso and Alonso fans then?

Webber has already said that he wants to continue to drive next year even after winning the WDC. It takes both sides to agree to terminate a contract. If Webber refuses to accept the payoff from RBR, they can't do anything about it.

spinster
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by spinster » 13 Oct 2010, 21:50

square wrote:
spinster wrote:We'll never get the reak pic behind the scenes...
And you'd be happy about that?
Why is it unfair when Kimi is forced to leave (it doesn't quite matter why, the bottom line is the same) and fair when Webber would be forced to leave?
Come on is this the first year that you looked to F1...this happens all the time... is it fair that Chandhok can't drive because of money? and what about Petrov? and all the others before...??? we had years in financial good situations for car manufacturers...but if you read that Mercedes, Ferrari,... money bag is not anymore endless well than you have to live with these situations where money, pr,...is really important!

And yes MW isn't in 1000 years as attractive as Kimi...

Boudica
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Boudica » 13 Oct 2010, 21:50

The problem is the real world doesn't work like that, and in F1 especially notions like honour and doing the right thing is highly unlikely to occur. F1 is about survival and you do whatever you have to, to get ahead, in the end someone will always lose out. However, I dont think you have to worry about any of this since Kimi properly isn't going to Red Bull. :)

square
kart driver
kart driver

Post by square » 13 Oct 2010, 21:55

spinster wrote:Come on is this the first year that you looked to F1...this happens all the time... is it fair that Chandhok can't drive because of money? and what about Petrov? and all the others before...??? we had years in financial good situations for car manufacturers...but if you read that Mercedes, Ferrari,... money bag is not anymore endless well than you have to live with these situations where money, pr,...is really important!

And yes MW isn't in 1000 years as attractive as Kimi...
Just because it happens all the time doesn't mean it's fair, and I completely agree with sleenster. I experienced the "sacking" and I don't want anybody else having to (maybe) finish his career in F1 like this.
For sure it happend and it will happen, but I was talking about fairness, not about business...

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 13 Oct 2010, 21:56

Boudica wrote:
The problem is the real world doesn't work like that, and in F1 especially notions like honour and doing the right thing is highly unlikely to occur. F1 is about survival and you do whatever you have to, to get ahead, in the end someone will always lose out. However, I dont think you have to worry about any of this since Kimi properly isn't going to Red Bull. :)
I'm not worried about Kimi going to Red Bull at all, I don't think there's a realistic chance of it happening. Red Bull, McLaren, Ferrari seats are all filled so there's no reason to think that there's any negotiations going on right now.

I suppose we all should be loving Alonso and Santander right now because they absolutely did the correct thing. Somehow that doesn't seem to be the case, strangely enough.

spinster
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by spinster » 13 Oct 2010, 21:56

sleenster wrote:
spinster wrote:
square wrote:
+1

1. I'm a WDC I quit

I don't remember any Kimi fans celebrating over Kimi being forced out. If it wasn't Alonso who forced Kimi out, then why do so many Kimi fans feel hatred towards Alonso and Alonso fans then?

Webber has already said that he wants to continue to drive next year even after winning the WDC. It takes both sides to agree to terminate a contract. If Webber refuses to accept the payoff from RBR, they can't do anything about it.
because we never knew what really happen and the most of us thinks it's only Alonso is who forced out Kimi...

And f1 contracts are way more difficult than normal contracts with a thousands of little words in

square
kart driver
kart driver

Post by square » 13 Oct 2010, 22:01

sleenster wrote:I suppose we all should be loving Alonso and Santander right now because they absolutely did the correct thing. Somehow that doesn't seem to be the case, strangely enough.
Well, I'd say they deserve each other... (Just feeling sorry for Felipe though... :confused: )
Going to bed now, bye guys :wave:
Last edited by square on 13 Oct 2010, 22:01, edited 1 time in total.

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 13 Oct 2010, 22:01

spinster wrote:
sleenster wrote:
spinster wrote:
square wrote:
+1

1. I'm a WDC I quit

because we never knew what really happen and the most of us thinks it's only Alonso is who forced out Kimi...

And f1 contracts are way more difficult than normal contracts with a thousands of little words in
So you actually feel happy about Alonso? You are happy about Alonso driving in Ferrari this year then?

And you speak like you have actually read what was in Kimi's contract.