Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Boudica
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by Boudica » 13 Oct 2010, 19:10

So is this just recycled news or is it actually something new? Kimi's options are running out, I don't mind waiting for a decision I have plenty of patience, but to see Kimi's options running out along the way is a bit disconcerting. Kimi could stay with Citroen but he would have to find his own sponsors, I am pretty sure he will be able to find sponsors, but I am not sure if his pride will allow him to kiss arse for sponsorships. But who knows, perhaps Kimi has already made a deal with Monster or something.

Lynx'niK
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Lynx'niK » 13 Oct 2010, 19:12

iceman1 wrote:
Lynx'niK wrote:
Williams will change Hulk but does Kimi want to drive there :blink:
I talked to his friend and Williams will keep Hulk for next year.
You should have talked with Kimis friend :p

... maybe we should concentrate on contacting jenni instead of kimi,
any pony fans here? :lol:
Last edited by Lynx'niK on 13 Oct 2010, 19:13, edited 1 time in total.
GOODBYE KIMI
GOODBYE RÄIKKÖNEN

http://www.youtube.com/user/niQlettsche

Denorth
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Denorth » 13 Oct 2010, 19:12

amazing - guy barely speaks two words a year and girls here and around the world are ready to.... and raise his babies :rofl:

anyway, last ten(?) pages there is nothing here apart from just pure speculations. :zz:
Last edited by Denorth on 13 Oct 2010, 19:14, edited 2 times in total.
These Colours Don't Run!

Kimi, Always Kimi

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 13 Oct 2010, 19:13

Denorth wrote:amazing - guy barely speaks two words a year and girls here and around the world are ready to.... and raise his babies :rofl:
:lol: :lol: :thumbsup:
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 13 Oct 2010, 19:23

Lynx'niK wrote:
iceman1 wrote:
Lynx'niK wrote:

She said that he wants to stay at home in 2011 :p

Boudica
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Boudica » 13 Oct 2010, 19:24

Denorth wrote:amazing - guy barely speaks two words a year and girls here and around the world are ready to.... and raise his babies :rofl:

anyway, last ten(?) pages there is nothing here apart from just pure speculations. :zz:
So is the news that Red Bull wouldn't sponsor him anymore something new or just recycled?

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 13 Oct 2010, 19:25

Boudica wrote:

So is the news that Red Bull wouldn't sponsor him anymore something new or just recycled?
No idea, the article doesn't quote anyone and doesn't specify any sources.

Denorth
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Denorth » 13 Oct 2010, 19:25

Boudica wrote:

from my point of view, on today it is all recycled
These Colours Don't Run!

Kimi, Always Kimi

sammyosammy
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sammyosammy » 13 Oct 2010, 19:26

iceman1 wrote:
Lynx'niK wrote:
iceman1 wrote:
Lynx'niK wrote:

She said that he wants to stay at home in 2011 :p
just like here: she says he is permitted to go out with you guys but he does not want to.. :O

Boudica
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Boudica » 13 Oct 2010, 19:26

sleenster wrote:
Boudica wrote:

No idea, the article doesn't quote anyone and doesn't specify any sources.
Okay, thanks.

Lynx'niK
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Lynx'niK » 13 Oct 2010, 19:37

sammy o sammy, Kimi has made up his mind, yes you´re right, I´m so sad to tell ya.
Off-Topic: show
He misses his short hair, he gonna cut it tomorrow :p
He wants to go to partys and he likes to attract some pretty blonds ...
Image His new passion, but it´s top-secret.
GOODBYE KIMI
GOODBYE RÄIKKÖNEN

http://www.youtube.com/user/niQlettsche

miezicat
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by miezicat » 13 Oct 2010, 19:40

Boudica wrote:

I guess it's just a wrong translation from the german article yesterday. if Red Bull has announced that there would be more sites reporting it, not just some french ones. and in the german article it was something like (don't know how to translate it properly) "Red Bull are alleged to have announced that they won't sponsor the junior team anymore."
although it's quite possible that Red Bull will only sponsor the main team next year, they could still sponsor Kimi alone I think. and it doesn't match with Marko's words that they first want to finish the F1 season and decide then.

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 13 Oct 2010, 19:44

So maybe it's a German article, translated into French, then google translated into English. Surely there will be something lost in translation there :lol:

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 13 Oct 2010, 19:46

miezicat wrote:
Boudica wrote:

I guess it's just a wrong translation from the german article yesterday. if Red Bull has announced that there would be more sites reporting it, not just some french ones. and in the german article it was something like (don't know how to translate it properly) "Red Bull are alleged to have announced that they won't sponsor the junior team anymore."
although it's quite possible that Red Bull will only sponsor the main team next year, they could still sponsor Kimi alone I think. and it doesn't match with Marko's words that they first want to finish the F1 season and decide then.
Thanks for a much better translation. But in all of this i hope Dani does not lose his seat. Poor sordo will be asked to chip in some sponsors for his drive if Red Bull dont sponsor junior team and decide to sponsor only kimi.
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

square
kart driver
kart driver

Post by square » 13 Oct 2010, 19:52

The french yahoo has the same article online like the french Eurosport, I'm wondering why there aren't any non-french articles? :huh:

Anyway, a rough translation of the french one:
Räikkönen without Red Bull

The end of the season is approaching and Kimi Räikkönne is checking his options for 2011. By putting an end to negotiations with Renault for a comeback in F1, the Finn is reported to continue his carreer in WRC. He now has to find new sponsors because Red Bull isn't going to sponsor him in 2011 anymore.

What will Kimi Räikkönen do next season? Two rallies left until season's end, the inevitable question is left to the Finn. Rumours concerning a possible return to F1 with Renault who were were reported. Because Renault were just using his name, the 2007 WDC put an end to those rumours: "I am really disappointed with the way they used my name for PR", he told finnish TS. "I never really considered Renault as an option and I am 100% sure I am not going to drive for Renault next season."

Saying he would only drive for a top team, a return to F1 in 2011 is unlikely. Red Bull, Ferrari, Mercedes and McLaren already have their two drivers confirmed for next season. The most likely solution would be an additional year in WRC. That's what he has never hidden by saying he will be "probably in rally" in 2011.

Citroen boss Olivier Quesnel took side for the Finn some time ago. "We like Kimi and we would like to continue working with him next year", he said during the German Rally. But Räikkönen would have to find new sponsors after Red Bull decided to not continue their collaboration with him in 2011. According to the official WRC site, the Finn is in discussions with Monster Ford Rally Team and Prodrive, who are developing Mini WRC. There is no actual offer from those teams.

http://fr.sports.yahoo.com/13102010/70/ ... -bull.html
I hate that they aren't telling what's their source :roll::