Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by luieluv » 13 Oct 2010, 18:16

I mean planetmarcus also has tweeted this. So there seems to be something happening.
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 13 Oct 2010, 18:17

Wolfie wrote:If the rumour is true, that Red Bull isn't financing Kimi next year, then it's even more obvious (to me) that he goes to Red Bull Racing next season.

Off-Topic: show
Wim, on Facebook. Like Luie said, welcome to the smoking gang :lol:
So if Red Bull can't afford to sponsor Kimi in rally, they are going to pay to break Webber's contract and on top of that pay Kimi's salary, which I am sure is not going to be peanuts?

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 13 Oct 2010, 18:19

luieluv wrote:I mean planetmarcus also has tweeted this. So there seems to be something happening.
Well rumours spread like wildfire through twitter

Strange how yesterday the wrc website was saying the complete opposite..

Although none of these articles so far actually quote anyone or actually reveal their sources

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 13 Oct 2010, 18:22

luieluv wrote:I mean planetmarcus also has tweeted this. So there seems to be something happening.
luie, remember not the quantity of the news but the quality of it... there are no quotes from either citroen or RB in any of the news on the french sites and they are all copy pastes from each other whitout a original source... Im not saying its not true but it doesn't get more true by more newspapers copying the same piece of news. Well hopefully somebody says something at rally spain.

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 13 Oct 2010, 18:22

sleenster wrote:
Wolfie wrote:If the rumour is true, that Red Bull isn't financing Kimi next year, then it's even more obvious (to me) that he goes to Red Bull Racing next season.

So if Red Bull can't afford to sponsor Kimi in rally, they are going to pay to break Webber's contract and on top of that pay Kimi's salary, which I am sure is not going to be peanuts?
Who said they can't afford to sponsor Kimi in rally?
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 13 Oct 2010, 18:23

sleenster wrote:
Well rumours spread like wildfire through twitter

Strange how yesterday the wrc website was saying the complete opposite..

Although none of these articles so far actually quote anyone or actually reveal their sources

heh, you where faster :shhh:

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 13 Oct 2010, 18:24

Wolfie wrote:
sleenster wrote:

Monster perhaps :roll::

But I still hope that Kimi continue in Citroen!
I miss a babysitter

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 13 Oct 2010, 18:25

Wolfie wrote:
sleenster wrote:

luie tweeted a question here and this was the response

http://twitter.com/RallySportLive/status/27261186597

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 13 Oct 2010, 18:30

Red Bull invested 129 million euros in F1 last year.

Kulta already wrote a long time ago that Red Bull is leaving rally.

But that company seems to have money and a lot of it.

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 13 Oct 2010, 18:30

sleenster wrote:
Wolfie wrote:
sleenster wrote:

luie asked a question

http://twitter.com/RallySportLive/status/27261186597
Yeah but again that is some speculation. I feel if Red bull want they can sustain any kind of spendings. We all know that this year WCC is in the bag and the kind of amount they have spend in driver salaries is peanuts in comparison to the returns in F1. They must be laughing all the way to banks is what i feel. And then there is various other sports where the returns would be good in terms of finances, like WRC perhaps.
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 13 Oct 2010, 18:37

RBR are actually quite stingy compared to other teams when paying driver's salaries because they spend most of their money on development and people like Adrian Newey don't come cheap.

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 13 Oct 2010, 18:45

sleenster wrote:RBR are actually quite stingy compared to other teams when paying driver's salaries because they spend most of their money on development and people like Adrian Newey don't come cheap.
True but the money made from WCC title will cover all of that and can cover much more like Kimi's salary to his magnums to his vodka to fishing..
I would be only happy if Kimi now becomes a proper citroen driver. End of the day i am only banking on one statement by Quesnell. "We want Kimi Raikkonen". this to me is a great hope.

Lynx'niK
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Lynx'niK » 13 Oct 2010, 18:46

NO NO NO.
It´s like a deja-vue. One after another. Just like 09. Okay, Renault was a comedy show, but it hurts again. :<>:
But I don´t know how reliable this news is, but RB said also some time ago, that this gonna happen. . .
GOODBYE KIMI
GOODBYE RÄIKKÖNEN

http://www.youtube.com/user/niQlettsche

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 13 Oct 2010, 18:50

luieluv wrote:
sleenster wrote:RBR are actually quite stingy compared to other teams when paying driver's salaries because they spend most of their money on development and people like Adrian Newey don't come cheap.
True but the money made from WCC title will cover all of that and can cover much more like Kimi's salary to his magnums to his vodka to fishing..
I would be only happy if Kimi now becomes a proper citroen driver. End of the day i am only banking on one statement by Quesnell. "We want Kimi Raikkonen". this to me is a great hope.
Only problem is the Quesnell qualifies his statement with ".......if he can bring sponsorship money". :confused:

Maybe Kimi can find other sponsors besides Red Bull. I mean, Petter Solberg can manage to find enough sponsors to cobble together a full WRC season so it should be easier for Kimi to find sponsors since he is arguably a bigger star.

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 13 Oct 2010, 18:53

luieluv wrote:
Luie, I understand how you are feeling, believe me :hug:

You were the one inspiring the Kimi-fans into rally, the job you did was amazing considering that you didn't know much about rally back then. Remember how people were sad and desperate and you always said something uplifting to them?

You are priceless :hug: