Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by sleenster » 13 Oct 2010, 16:08

luieluv wrote:
sleenster wrote:
luieluv wrote:All these desperate talks of kimi back to F1 disappoints me a bit. I have always said that patience would be the real key to success for kimi in WRC. We will have to see these rough phase if WRC becomes a career choice of kimi for next few years.

I can see lots of impatient kimi fans. Nothing against those who want him back in F1 but it will be totally unfair even if kimi does not give himself some more time to Rallying. Already investing 1 year and one CANNOT conclude anything in such a short span.
Thank you luie for saying this. :thumbsup:

I know some people are only used to seeing him win but for me personally, it's equally fulfilling to follow the progression of a driver and see how he develops. When I started supporting Kimi in 2001, I didn't know if or when he was ever going to start winning races or championships. I just had this feeling that he was talented and that he had some kind of potential to develop. It's been really nice to see a driver you believed in from the beginning finally go on to do great things.
Yes i completely agree with you. Actually for me the days in sauber were the best days as a kimi fan. I have experienced a deja vu of the similar feelings of sauber days in this first year of rally. Winning was and will never be the criteria for me to support kimi raikkonen. Kimi's driving in sauber days gave me much much much more satisfaction then what he did in Ferrari. Though Mclaren days would always be special too but if i was to just opt one then it would be kimi in sauber. Whenever i close my eyes and think of the racing dare devil, The kid in sauber attire comes in front of my eyes. The vision gradually takes me to Mclaren days coz we all know how special that stint was. But that said we have a chance here to re live the similar feeling of what we all experienced in Mclaren days if kimi fans can give him couple of years in WRC.
:hug:! to luie for being a Kimi fan since his Sauber days!

spinster
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by spinster » 13 Oct 2010, 16:09

square wrote:
spinster wrote:It's not of giving him not the time.. I'm absolutely sure he can reach some podiums on tarmac within a few years...but is that the reason why we supported kimi? I support and supported him because he's a winner and not a mediocre driver...that's my point.

I just want him to drive in my homecountry (Belgium) as the Master of Spa because he really is there THE MASTER. Kimi is a pure racer and that's something you can see on real racing circuits (Spa, Suzuka, Monaco...)
Hm, I don't support him just because he is a winner, I support him because he is special and his whole package is special... Of course he's not mediocre, but imho winning isn't everything... Yes I know he's ambitious to win, but trying a year in WRC shows 1. he has cojones and 2. he is open for new challanges, which also makes him special and distinguishes him from other drivers...
I just want him to continue doing what he feels like is right for him, may it be F1 or WRC, may he be winning or not.

And why do you think you can recognize a pure racer on racing circuits only? For me, a pure racer is someone who is ambitious to get at least 150% out of his car/bike/whatever and is pushing hard to get the best result that's possible (may it be a win or a 10th place) and who doesn't give up no matter how tricky the situation is... And that (imho) doesn't only count for drivers racing on circuits...
Because on real race circuits you can make the difference and not only the car...Did you see Kimi in his F***** ferrari last year winning Spa... Do you Think someone who's ambitious, ... but doesn't have that talent would be capable of? Come on...

one engineer in f1 told me that there are 3 top drivers in F1...and that's Kimi Lewis and Hammie and than you've vettel,...

and believe me engineers knows what drivers are capable of becau they always analyse the way he's driving, consistency,...
Don't dream your life...LIVE YOUR DREAMS!!!

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 13 Oct 2010, 16:09

luieluv wrote:Yes i completely agree with you. Actually for me the days in sauber were the best days as a kimi fan. I have experienced a deja vu of the similar feelings of sauber days in this first year of rally. Winning was and will never be the criteria for me to support kimi raikkonen. Kimi's driving in sauber days gave me much much much more satisfaction then what he did in Ferrari. Though Mclaren days would always be special too but if i was to just opt one then it would be kimi in sauber. Whenever i close my eyes and think of the racing dare devil, The kid in sauber attire comes in front of my eyes. The vision gradually takes me to Mclaren days coz we all know how special that stint was. But that said we have a chance here to re live the similar feeling of what we all experienced in Mclaren days if kimi fans can give him couple of years in WRC.
Winning has never been the thing for me either, fair sportsmanship is the real thing for me.

Kimi will now be testing parts for Citroen for the rest of the season. Team orders are very blatant and allowed in rally. Question is also if Kimi can see that a Junior and a factory -team can well be concentrating on one driver and the rest are supposed to give their helping hand. That's something that has put me off a bit, to really see how they play with tactics and manipulate the results :(

How Kimi sees this is another thing of course.
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 13 Oct 2010, 16:11

sleenster wrote:
luieluv wrote:
sleenster wrote:
luieluv wrote:All these desperate talks of kimi back to F1 disappoints me a bit. I have always said that patience would be the real key to success for kimi in WRC. We will have to see these rough phase if WRC becomes a career choice of kimi for next few years.

I can see lots of impatient kimi fans. Nothing against those who want him back in F1 but it will be totally unfair even if kimi does not give himself some more time to Rallying. Already investing 1 year and one CANNOT conclude anything in such a short span.
Thank you luie for saying this. :thumbsup:

I know some people are only used to seeing him win but for me personally, it's equally fulfilling to follow the progression of a driver and see how he develops. When I started supporting Kimi in 2001, I didn't know if or when he was ever going to start winning races or championships. I just had this feeling that he was talented and that he had some kind of potential to develop. It's been really nice to see a driver you believed in from the beginning finally go on to do great things.
Yes i completely agree with you. Actually for me the days in sauber were the best days as a kimi fan. I have experienced a deja vu of the similar feelings of sauber days in this first year of rally. Winning was and will never be the criteria for me to support kimi raikkonen. Kimi's driving in sauber days gave me much much much more satisfaction then what he did in Ferrari. Though Mclaren days would always be special too but if i was to just opt one then it would be kimi in sauber. Whenever i close my eyes and think of the racing dare devil, The kid in sauber attire comes in front of my eyes. The vision gradually takes me to Mclaren days coz we all know how special that stint was. But that said we have a chance here to re live the similar feeling of what we all experienced in Mclaren days if kimi fans can give him couple of years in WRC.
:hug:! to luie for being a Kimi fan since his Sauber days!
Thanks. and to you too. :hug:
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 13 Oct 2010, 16:11

spinster wrote:
sleenster wrote:
spinster wrote:
sleenster wrote:
spinster wrote: Did you ever heard him rejecting those seats last year??? Nope...

For me Kimi had enough of F1 because of 2008 and 2009... And he wanted to clear his mind and do something else...and that's why he never ruled out F1.
Uh.... there was that interview with Helmut Marko just a few weeks back where he said Kimi rejected the RBR seat and said he wanted to go rallying instead. Did you see it?
Yes I saw that...but I mean did you heared in 2009 Kimi saying that he rejected the drive?? that's what I mean...
Or how about Kimi saying that there was no point making a stupid contract with McLaren last year?
A contract where he wanted to do f1/rally in combo wouldn't be a stupid contract...
He preferred to do WRC only instead just F1, if he couldn't do both together.

square
kart driver
kart driver

Post by square » 13 Oct 2010, 16:15

spinster wrote: Because on real race circuits you can make the difference and not only the car...Did you see Kimi in his F***** ferrari last year winning Spa... Do you Think someone who's ambitious, ... but doesn't have that talent would be capable of? Come on...
That wasn't my point, I said that I wouldn't decide on who's a racer based on where someone is driving. And of course talent is important, never said it wasn't... But in my opinion, it's not only about winning.

spinster
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by spinster » 13 Oct 2010, 16:15

A contract where he wanted to do f1/rally in combo wouldn't be a stupid contract...[/quote]
He preferred to do WRC only instead just F1, if he couldn't do both together.[/quote]

Yeah and I can understand him...

But you know what made kimi so special...

There're a lot of people in the F1 Paddock...BUT if Kimi comes outside you can't imagine what happen...he's trying to hide and Running sometimes and you can see a lot of people running after him and shouting his name... that's an image i wanna see again in f1... I just miss him so much!!!

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 13 Oct 2010, 16:16

Wolfie wrote:
luieluv wrote:Yes i completely agree with you. Actually for me the days in sauber were the best days as a kimi fan. I have experienced a deja vu of the similar feelings of sauber days in this first year of rally. Winning was and will never be the criteria for me to support kimi raikkonen. Kimi's driving in sauber days gave me much much much more satisfaction then what he did in Ferrari. Though Mclaren days would always be special too but if i was to just opt one then it would be kimi in sauber. Whenever i close my eyes and think of the racing dare devil, The kid in sauber attire comes in front of my eyes. The vision gradually takes me to Mclaren days coz we all know how special that stint was. But that said we have a chance here to re live the similar feeling of what we all experienced in Mclaren days if kimi fans can give him couple of years in WRC.
Winning has never been the thing for me either, fair sportsmanship is the real thing for me.

Kimi will now be testing parts for Citroen for the rest of the season. Team orders are very blatant and allowed in rally. Question is also if Kimi can see that a Junior and a factory -team can well be concentrating on one driver and the rest are supposed to give their helping hand. That's something that has put me off a bit, to really see how they play with tactics and manipulate the results :(

How Kimi sees this is another thing of course.
True. In that sense kimi will have to prove his potential. If kimi shows pace and consistency i see no reason that team orders would be implied or perhaps would be reduced and implied only in dire conditions. He will have to earn that kind of status. It has started from the scratch and it will definitely take more patience and time from both kimi and his fans.
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 13 Oct 2010, 16:17

spinster wrote: Because on real race circuits you can make the difference and not only the car...Did you see Kimi in his F***** ferrari last year winning Spa... Do you Think someone who's ambitious, ... but doesn't have that talent would be capable of? Come on...

one engineer in f1 told me that there are 3 top drivers in F1...and that's Kimi Lewis and Hammie and than you've vettel,...

and believe me engineers knows what drivers are capable of becau they always analyse the way he's driving, consistency,...
Oh, that is music for my ears Spinster and just wait until SpaMaster reads these comments (if I know him at all he will be extremely happy) :hug:
Off-Topic: show
Found you on Facebook and added you

Lynx'niK
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Lynx'niK » 13 Oct 2010, 16:17

I picked up some fundamental sentences. I agree completely with you Spinster!
spinster wrote: I believe that Kimi really like the world of WRC.

But to be honoust it's a little bit the same as in F1. [no one can deny that]

But the big thing is that I can't believe that Kimi wants to drive for 8th places or in the best case a 5-6th place.
Kimi always said that he is not interested in just driving around... And that is what I think Kimi is thinking about...
[yep, and Kimi always says he hasn´t changed. So, logical conclusion]

My guess he's eyeing an f1 comeback together with a couple of rallies.

It's now or never for F1 and that's not the case in WRC.
But if he would quit f1 now he could have a big regret later on...

My guess is Kimi wants to come back otherwise he would have really ruled out F1 a long time ago and that's something he didn't do
My thoughts about your last sentence. I don´t think that he decided yet what he wants to do, I think he has some preference but he probably knows that it won´t be easy to find a competetive seat in F1 2011, so he tries to improve in rallying and in the end he makes up a balance. if he´s happy with his results and the possibilities he stays but atm I don´t think he´s too happy in the rally world. Since 2 races, he starts to be dissatisfied with the pace of his development. Our boy is very ambitious and his furious reaction after his mistake in rally france is a sign, he´s pissed off, he wants to bea' em all. He wants to kick their asses, he wants to P1 :1st: He´s hungry. He´s really hungry.
GOODBYE KIMI
GOODBYE RÄIKKÖNEN

http://www.youtube.com/user/niQlettsche

spinster
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by spinster » 13 Oct 2010, 16:28

Wolfie wrote:

Oh, that is music for my ears Spinster and just wait until SpaMaster reads these comments (if I know him at all he will be extremely happy) :hug:
Found you on Facebook and added you
and you're real name is? Claudie Elzie?

I'm happy to hear that...

More people from Belgium here? :-)

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 13 Oct 2010, 16:28

I have to say this:

The most important thing is what Kimi wants himself. It's been said over and over again that he is having fun in rally.

What pains me is that he is bloody fast and has to lift his foot from the pedal all the time, how he feels about it I don't know. But knowing how fast he can drive and to see him take it on the safe side with his granny-style has made me think how he feels about it.

Kimi's father said ages ago that Kimi's brother Rami wants to take it more peacefully and chose rally because of that. Kimi again loved to race others on track and he wasn't interested at the time to race against the clock.

This year is about to end and what Kimi's conclusions of this is - we can only guess.

We all think differently, thank God for that, and let's not make this into an argument where we all should think alike :)

Personally it was a joy to see Kimi out of F1 because of the way he was treated there. I guess we all got some wounds :(

Now wounds have started to heal and there is a part of me that says 'Dammit Kimi, go there and put them all in line once and for all and retire after that'. Can't help it :lol:

spinster
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by spinster » 13 Oct 2010, 16:30

Lynx'niK wrote:I picked up some fundamental sentences. I agree completely with you Spinster!
spinster wrote: I believe that Kimi really like the world of WRC.

But to be honoust it's a little bit the same as in F1. [no one can deny that]

But the big thing is that I can't believe that Kimi wants to drive for 8th places or in the best case a 5-6th place.
Kimi always said that he is not interested in just driving around... And that is what I think Kimi is thinking about...
[yep, and Kimi always says he hasn´t changed. So, logical conclusion]

My guess he's eyeing an f1 comeback together with a couple of rallies.

It's now or never for F1 and that's not the case in WRC.
But if he would quit f1 now he could have a big regret later on...

My guess is Kimi wants to come back otherwise he would have really ruled out F1 a long time ago and that's something he didn't do
My thoughts about your last sentence. I don´t think that he decided yet what he wants to do, I think he has some preference but he probably knows that it won´t be easy to find a competetive seat in F1 2011, so he tries to improve in rallying and in the end he makes up a balance. if he´s happy with his results and the possibilities he stays but atm I don´t think he´s too happy in the rally world. Since 2 races, he starts to be dissatisfied with the pace of his development. Our boy is very ambitious and his furious reaction after his mistake in rally france is a sign, he´s pissed off, he wants to bea' em all. He wants to kick their asses, he wants to P1 :1st: He´s hungry. He´s really hungry.
ahaha Lynx'niK and Wolfie you're both people to my likes!!!

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 13 Oct 2010, 16:30

Spinster, my name is Nicole Damén :)

spinster
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by spinster » 13 Oct 2010, 16:34

Wolfie wrote:Spinster, my name is Nicole Damén :)
ok ok I added you :shhh: