The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by sleenster » 12 Oct 2010, 17:53

luieluv wrote:
sleenster wrote:
luieluv wrote:is this kimi??
Is that a trick question???
no coz someone tweeted this and even i got confused. The person tweeting does claim this pic to be of young kimi.
That's Nico Hulkenberg

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 12 Oct 2010, 17:54

sleenster wrote:
luieluv wrote:
sleenster wrote:
luieluv wrote:is this kimi??
Is that a trick question???
no coz someone tweeted this and even i got confused. The person tweeting does claim this pic to be of young kimi.
That's Nico Hulkenberg
I also thought as much.. coz pimples are missing :n :p
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 12 Oct 2010, 20:03

Luie, there was an ancient article about Hülkenberg :lol:
Manager: Hülkenberg is just like Kimi without the alcohol
25.10.2009 16:37

F1-manager Wili Weber compares his protegé who is about to go to Williams to two driver giants from the past years.

Weber thinks that the German driver is like a crossbreed of Kimi Räikkönen and Michael Schumacher.
- Nico does look exactly like Kimi but he doesn't like alcohol. He is a spectacular talent. He is as hardworking and precise as Michael, Weber told Bild.

The 22-year old driver is aware of his resemblance to Räikkönen.
- Other drivers have told me that I look just like Kimi. Hopefully I'm also as fast as he is, Hülkenberg said.

Weber is also Michael Schumacher's manager.
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 12 Oct 2010, 20:06

This one is pure gold too:
Ilta-Sanomat 21.2.2009 (paper edition)

LIKE TWO BERRIES

They have nowadays given fancy names to people's different anxieties. Kimi Räikkönen and Harri Olli (ski jumper) are like two berries. They have both stopped drinking (?) and they have a mutual anxiety called media fobia.

They wondered at the President's party in 2007 where the most expected guest is hiding. Kimi and Jenni had posed for the camera and given a few interviews but then Kimi disappeared.

Answer: he was in the toilet downstairs texting with his mobile phone until he sneaked out of the flash lights into the night. Luckily his tuxedo had enough room for the mobile phone.

In Levi world cup he didn't sit in the audience, not even in the audience where the Prime Minister and his new girlfriend sat - instead he drove up and down the slope in a cabin.

Always when you finally get Kimi hunted in front of the camera the sight is always the same. He looks like a scared deer in front of the car's headlights on an empty forest road.

The reports from the wet evenings spent on the Iceman-boat tell a completely different story about Kimi. He is a social, open and funny host. Even in the upper class of Finnish-Swedish circles Kimi is slowly turning from a jerk into a good guy. One would assume that he would want to give the same picture to the big audience also.

Well, Kimi isn't alone with his disease. Another young Finnish sportsman who gets a lot of attention has the same symptoms.

He is ski jumper Harri Olli, who jumps in the snow and gives the tv-cameras a snow cleaning when winning the competition but informs a few days later to the journalist that his head is about to explode when asked a few questions.

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 12 Oct 2010, 20:11

Good grief, it still makes me angry to read about how they wondered at Ferrari how the F60 suddenly became so good :<>:
FERRARI TRIES TO UNDERSTAND IT'S STRONG ENDSEASON

Turun Sanomat 27.10 2009 22:29:21

The F1 championship battle has been extremely two-sided. During the first half Jenson Button raced to the WDC but if the serie would have began in July in Nürburgring then this weekend Lewis Hamilton and Kimi Räikkönen would have raced in the Abu Dhabi final this weekend for the title.

Starting from Germany GP Hamilton has scored 40 and Räikkönen 38 points while behind them would have been Sebastian Vettel with 35 points. Button would have scored in these races only 25 points.

In a way the feelings in Sebring's 12-hour race in Abu Dhabi start with sunlight and end in the evening with artificial light.

This race will in many ways be a time for goodbyes for more than just this championship battle.

Goodbye Kimi and KERS

Ferrari will spend both Räikkönen's departure along with a KERS-funeral.

– So it's then arrivederci on Sunday evening to this team. I've been at Ferrari for 3 years and together we have won one WDC and two WCC's. This year the car wasn't as competitive as we would have wanted it to be - but still we managed to win one race and score a reasonable amount of points, Räikkönen summed up at Ferrari's web page.

Ferrari's team principal Stefano Domenicali has been asked more than once how Räikkönen has been able to reach so good results after the development work of F60-car was stopped.

Räikkönen's input is only highlighted when you compare it to the flounderings of Luca Badoer and Giancarlo Fisichella with the same car.

– The label for this season is that most results are difficult to understand. I can't remember another season when the top teams have been in a rollercoaster like this and the competitiveness has gone to one way or the other, Domenicali thought.

– The engineers must first figure out what exactly happened this season and how this can be explained. We belong to the group that has the most to figure out. For example Monaco is a track with a special nature. There we knew that our division of weight was right and that's why we were so competitive there. After that the results have been more or less difficult to understand.

– Perhaps the reason for the good results we get in the end of the season is that our investment in KERS-system has paid something back even though we lost to the top due to aerodynamic efficiency.

Domenicali thought even before the season that Ferrari would be in a tough spot when a team that is used to drive 90 000 km in testing had to settle for the short testing sessions in the winter.

Turun Sanomat, London

HEIKKI KULTA

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 12 Oct 2010, 20:15

Our sweet boy as 8-years old :blush:

square
kart driver
kart driver

Post by square » 12 Oct 2010, 20:18

I'm sure his former classmates are cursing him for being the reason this picture was published :lol:

Thanks for the articles and the pictures :hug:
Off-Topic: show
I hope none of my former classmates will ever get famous :fear:

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 12 Oct 2010, 20:30

Old article :lol:
Turun Sanomat, Manama/ Heikki Kulta

Kimi Räikkönen left the Bahrain GP's qualifying hour in an unusually bad mood.

Maybe it helped him a little at least to have the opportunity to go and whip his former team mate David Coulthard for his harsh comments on BBC's broadcasts.

Räikkönen marched after managing to get through the press crowd to Ferrari's VIP-terrace where Coulthard was chatting with David and Steve Robertson. After that Coulthard listened with red ears what exactly Kimi's opinion of the Scot's criticism concerning his professional skills and as for eating ice-cream after his race was over in Malaysia was.

- We don't have any quarrel. We just talked a little since we haven't seen for a long time, Räikkönen said after being asked what happened with Coulthard.

Earlier Räikkönen already gave some whipping to MTV3 after asking if he is unable to develop a car as Coulthard claimed.

- I don't know one single driver who would design cars. It's funny that the guy is so keen on commenting even though he has actually never even won anything in F1, Räikkönen threw back.

If Coulthard and others wanted to critisise Räikkönen's actions on Saturday in quali then the blaming finger should be pointed at Ferrari's strategical management.

Räikkönen was in Q2 in fourth position.

Despite this he was ordered out once again to the track to use up his last serie of soft tyres. Practically Kimi already knew he was in the last quali and by using his last set of new soft tyres he was practically unarmed of all weapons when going into the last session.

This way Räikkönen lost his tactical chances and drove with a heavy car to the last position. Felipe Massa got a new set of tyres and also a lighter car.

They turned the knife in his wound when Räikkönen was asked if this was the maximum performance with the current car.

- Uptil the 2nd quali yes, but then I run out of new tyres and I couldn't do anything anymore. The car was amazingly good in the first and second session. Even though there are faster cars we even managed to be in the lead every now and then. If I would have had a new set of tyres to the Q3, then we would have done a good job there too. With worn out tyres it isn't possible.

- I wouldn't have wanted to go out for the second time but the team ordered me to do so. It felt like wasting and all I could do was hope for the best, Räikkönen agonised.

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 12 Oct 2010, 20:30

square wrote:I'm sure his former classmates are cursing him for being the reason this picture was published :lol:

Thanks for the articles and the pictures :hug:
Off-Topic: show
I hope none of my former classmates will ever get famous :fear:
I didn't even come to think of it, Square :rofl:

Ice-Ludy
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ice-Ludy » 12 Oct 2010, 20:39

Kinga wrote:OMG! This KR week is amazing, Ludy!!!! :cool: :blink: :O :hug:

Fantastic stuff!!! :thumbsup: :shhh: All the works so far are simply amazing! Flat Kimi, Kriss' mosaic, Sleen's slideshow and Verena's article! I'm amazed. Wish Kimi would see those as well. :)
You're welcome Kinga!!!! I am glad you guys are enjoying!!! :hug:

Thank you Verena!!!

And for those who haven't seen yet, this Tuesday I posted the contributions made by our friends Dracaena and Tigerlily! As usual...they rocked!!!

@Nikki, thanks for these articles...it's really good to read them again, even the ones which makes us sad...
Octeto Racing Team's Blog: http://www.octetort.com
“Even a small star shines in the darkness”

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 12 Oct 2010, 20:43

Sorry everybody, I'm going through some old stuff and here is Lucy Lou's description of what it was like to be watching when Kimi opened the Ferrari-store in London :lol:

Had a brill day - haven't got time for the full run down at the mo (the apprentice is about to come on!! Razz) but it was fab - basically Kimi only did a walk about (from what we could see - seems he did a lot more from the professional pics!!!) and I totally went to pieces - he is really gorgeous in real life (and quite tiny too!!) - my heart just raced and my legs turned to jelly - couldn't shout at him or anything!!!

There was a pen shop next door to the Ferrari shop which was behind the VIP barriers were he walked and I said to Mills - we really should go buy a pen and wait in the door way and rugby tackle him as he walks past!!! But the truth is my legs wouldn't have moved and I would have just giggled at him - its totally ridiculous - I have never been like that before ever!!! One of the security guys said 'You do know hes just a normal man don't you!!!' and yeah I do - but what a fantastic specimen he is!!!

Oh but I am sure Jenny slept soundly in her bed last night knowing that I was now no threat at all!!!!

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 12 Oct 2010, 20:53

Dracaena, your humour was braking bones again....I don't know what you do for a living, but you should be a cartoonist in a political paper, you would put everyone in place! Great humour, just love it!
Tigerlily, you are so courageous to follow Kimi in so many events, loved your banners (and of course your friend's tee-shirts).
And always thanks to Ludy for putting all this together!

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 12 Oct 2010, 21:08

I was actually looking for an article and found it: Kimi got fined by the police in Italy last year when doing his recce for Rally della Marca and the story from the paper was hilarious :lol:
The Italian city police didn't recognise Kimi Räikkönen.

Last Saturday Kimi Räikkönen was fined in Italy because he was driving on the left lane when getting to know the Marca Rally route. He was driving alone in his Fiat Grande Punto car, the same car he competed with in the rally.

This is how things happened in reality: While driving through a corner he slided on the left lane. After the curve, Miane's (population of 3000 people) 'vigile urbano', city police, Ivano Pederiva, 40, stopped Räikkönen.

After giving Kimi the historical 38 euro fine Ivano Pederiva left on vacation the next day. Iltalehti interviewed his sister who found out about it directly from her brother who became a small hero in the village.

- My brother didn't recognise Kimi. He doesn't follow F1. It was only when he returned to his office that he noticed that the name on the rapport was Kimi Räikkönen. Kimi behaved in a correct and polite way, didn't protest to the fine like many other drivers do, on the contrary.

- Kimi doesn't speak Italian and my brother doesn't speak English. It took several minutes before they understood each other. If the incident would have had witnesses I'm sure they would have had fun since the men had to communicate by using hands and gestures.

- I understand that Kimi slided to the left in that specific corner. It happens to me too when I drive there. But my brother has never fined me! I don't think that Kimi was sorry about it. 38 euros isn't really that much to him, the sister says.

In Italy the fines are the same for everyone and don't depend on the income like in Finland. Which would have changed the matter remarkably.

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 12 Oct 2010, 21:10

Ice-Ludy wrote:
Kinga wrote:OMG! This KR week is amazing, Ludy!!!!

Fantastic stuff!!! :thumbsup: :shhh: All the works so far are simply amazing! Flat Kimi, Kriss' mosaic, Sleen's slideshow and Verena's article! I'm amazed. Wish Kimi would see those as well. :)
You're welcome Kinga!!!! I am glad you guys are enjoying!!! :hug:

Thank you Verena!!!

And for those who haven't seen yet, this Tuesday I posted the contributions made by our friends Dracaena and Tigerlily! As usual...they rocked!!!

@Nikki, thanks for these articles...it's really good to read them again, even the ones which makes us sad...
Thanks a million everyone :hug:

Kimi gets real special treatment :lol:

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 12 Oct 2010, 21:19

Any Finns who can record this program :pray: :pray: :pray:
Kimi-episode will open the serie Sporttitähdet (Sport stars) next Sunday

Turun Sanomat 12.10 2010 20:06:20

Sporttitähdet tv-serie comes back. The airing time will be on Sunday at 22.30 and the channel is Nelonen Sport. In the first episode 17.10.2010 the star is Kimi Räikkönen, who turns 31 on Sunday.

The program is from year 2000 when the youngster Räikkönen was in army in Lahti, Hennala and competed in Britain's Formula Renault -serie. That same autumn Räikkönen got the chance to test Sauber-team's F1-car and the rest is history.

TS/Helsinki