Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by beefree88 » 12 Oct 2010, 08:26

Well, actually it was Andy Shovlin about Jenson back in 2004. The guy is now Schumacher's race engineer :)
http://www.crash.net/f1/news/48508/2/qa ... ineer.html
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 12 Oct 2010, 08:27

beefree88 wrote:
Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:Hm I guess that Andrea Stella said that about Kimi? Nice words :blush:
Wrong :zz:
Any other bet?
Well but Kimi was right, wasn´t it? :confused: Thought that AS are the initials of that person! :)

Hmmmz ... no clue

Edit: okay
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

Denorth
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Denorth » 12 Oct 2010, 09:04

beefree88 wrote:Well, actually it was Andy Shovlin about Jenson back in 2004. The guy is now Schumacher's race engineer :)
this was a really, really good trick - and we all were like 'Kmi, Kimi...' :rofl: good reminder to think out of box :shhh:
These Colours Don't Run!

Kimi, Always Kimi

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 12 Oct 2010, 09:12

I thought that maybe there's a trick in it but "the most relaxed driver" phrase was so obvious. :D

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 12 Oct 2010, 09:15

Denorth wrote:
beefree88 wrote:Well, actually it was Andy Shovlin about Jenson back in 2004. The guy is now Schumacher's race engineer :)
this was a really, really good trick - and we all were like 'Kmi, Kimi...' :rofl: good reminder to think out of box :shhh:
You were not far off the mark though. Shovlin seems to apprecite something that could have been said about Kimi too. Actually I think it was the same said about Kimi many times. Ferrrari bosses turned it aganst him, but his engineers all seemed to like it . As it turned out Schumi's current engineer likes it too :zz:
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 12 Oct 2010, 10:33

:cool: Flag:## :C:
Kimi Raikkonen eyes options in WRC

Citroen Junior Team driver Kimi Raikkonen has admitted he has no intention of driving for the Renault Formula 1 team next season - a move which is reckoned to all-but rule-out the Finn’s return to racing and to keep him in the World Rally Championship.

Ever since the former Formula 1 World Champion signed up for his first season in the WRC, there has been speculation of his return to the track. Raikkonen has not publicly stated that he will remain in the WRC next year, but those close to him are now confident of a second season at rallying’s highest level.

Speaking to a Finnish newspaper, Raikkonen spoke out against what he saw as manoeuvring from Renault. He said: “I am very disappointed with how they have used my name for their own marketing. I have never even seriously considered driving for Renault and I can assure you that I am 100 per cent sure that I will not drive for Renault next season.”

Raikkonen’s agreement with Red Bull has yet to be concluded for next season, but Citroen Racing director Olivier Quesnel remains adamant the French firm wants to retain him for another year - but the Finn’s seat will have to be funded.

Both the Monster Ford World Rally Team and Prodrive’s fledgling Mini WRC team are both known to have had discussions with the 2007 world champion, but those talks have yet to extend to an offer of employment.

Raikkonen has endured a tough rookie season in the World Rally Championship. He has finished seven of the 10 events he’s started, but he has only scored points three times. His highest placed finish came in Turkey, where he placed his C4 WRC in fifth place. He has crashed out of the last two events and currently lies in 10th place in the drivers’ standings.

When asked about next season, Raikkonen conceded it would be “probably rallying” where he would remain.

While Raikkonen has contested 10 WRC rounds this season, he’s only started 11 in his entire career - and next week’s Catalunya Rally will only be his 16th rally ever.
http://www.wrc.com/news/raikkonen-eyes- ... ?fid=13780
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

rko281
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by rko281 » 12 Oct 2010, 10:48

So, nothing new...the wrc article is actually a summary of the latest articles on Kimi.

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 12 Oct 2010, 10:54

rko281 wrote:So, nothing new...the wrc article is actually a summary of the latest articles on Kimi.
not exactly.. the best part which is a bit new to an extent is

"Sources close to Kimi Raikkonen are now confident of Kimi doing a second season at rallying’s highest level"
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

sammyosammy
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sammyosammy » 12 Oct 2010, 10:59

luieluv wrote:
rko281 wrote:So, nothing new...the wrc article is actually a summary of the latest articles on Kimi.

"Sources close to Kimi Raikkonen are now confident of Kimi doing a second season at rallying’s highest level"
No names >> no news!! Flag:##

rko281
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by rko281 » 12 Oct 2010, 11:06

luieluv wrote:

I've seen this line used before. It's nothing new, even though I agree with the article.
The "sources close to KR..." part is the same as me saying trust me, he won't go back to F1 :roll:: (who knows, I might be one of that sources :zz: ).

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 12 Oct 2010, 11:20

rko281 wrote:
luieluv wrote:

I've seen this line used before. It's nothing new, even though I agree with the article.
The "sources close to KR..." part is the same as me saying trust me, he won't go back to F1 :roll:: (who knows, I might be one of that sources :zz: ).
thanx luie for the article! :thumbsup:

I have to say that I keep rko281 at the moment as a more reliable source than wrc.com has used, I mean if the wrc persons(sources) actually was thinking that Kimi could be interested in the Renault seat after all his statements that he only even thinking of going back if he gets a championship winning car and needed to here it officially that Kimi isn't interested in the Renault seat to state that he NOW thinks Kimi is going to stay in WRC then its not a close enough source. :O

no, jokes aside. wrc. com is a little bit annoying when they put together articles and quotes whitout telling from where and when they got them...me neither see anything new in the article...

but from the positive not its nice to her and read how much the wrc people want him to stay with them... he seem to have earned their respect this year.
Last edited by Julia on 12 Oct 2010, 12:57, edited 1 time in total.

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 12 Oct 2010, 12:20

Neil Cole on twitter:
#WRC #F1 Raikkonen (sings): "Tried to take me back from Rally, But I said Renault No No!"
:lol:

brendakarli
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by brendakarli » 12 Oct 2010, 12:44

::oops:; I know it is likely he will stay in wrc but I dunno why I feel so sad when I hear it
The JINX

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 12 Oct 2010, 12:54

My mother sent clips from papers today :shhh:
From Iltalehti:

Riku Kuvaja told that Räikkönen got upset over Renault's unfair behaviour.

- Kimi wasn't upset over it for long. It just wasn't gentlemanlike behaviour. It's not right to use an outsider for own purposes, Kuvaja said.

Has Kimi been in contact with Renault over this matter?

- No.

Did this now ensure that Kimi will continue in rally?

- He has many options. When we know more we will tell what Kimi is going to do.
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

brendakarli
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by brendakarli » 12 Oct 2010, 13:30

wolfie,

the article also does not provide much
The JINX