Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
sammyosammy
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by sammyosammy » 08 Oct 2010, 15:20

sammyosammy wrote:
sleenster wrote:
sammyosammy wrote:
Wolfie wrote:
Iana wrote:Does Bob Bell resigned from the Renault F1 have somethig to do with all Kimi's saga? He was replaced by, surprise, Eric Boullier.

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2010/10/r ... aves-team/
I don't think so. A Swedish F1-reporter from the paddock wrote that Bell was demoted to something called 'Formula Student' a few days before he retired.

As long as my gut-feeling hasn't been proven wrong, here's the first thought that went through my mind when Kimi won the national rally in France: oh no, he wins just as he is about to quit rally!!

Methinks more and more each day that Kimi is making a contract with Red Bull Racing.

And I'm actually starting to grow on the idea of Kimi in F1 again :lol:
Had an early dinner yesterday with some people before the game in Helsinki. There was this guy who knows Kimi well and has been racing alongside him. Also works in motorsports in a high position. He said it´s for sure Kimi will stay in rallying. Wanted to punch him but couldn´t - he is my client after all :<>:
Awwww you would've punched him?? I would have hugged him! :lol:
Yeah, that´s the main point in this; I want him there, she wants him here, that guy wants him retire, some chick wants him in that team..
..but everyone, fan or not, has an own opinion where should he go and what to do or not to do :O
Yup yup, agree totally. But Kimi is not going to do what we want him to do, he's going to do what he wants to do. He's been trashing F1 all season long and he's been saying he WANTS to stay in rallying. So I'm going to listen to what the man says. :D[/quote]

crappy thing I do not know the man in person. It would make all this a lot easier..? :lol: [/quote]

edit:uups, messed the quotes

apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by apple » 08 Oct 2010, 15:28

sammyosammy wrote:
Wolfie wrote:
sammyosammy wrote:
Wolfie wrote:
Iana wrote:Does Bob Bell resigned from the Renault F1 have somethig to do with all Kimi's saga? He was replaced by, surprise, Eric Boullier.

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2010/10/r ... aves-team/
I don't think so. A Swedish F1-reporter from the paddock wrote that Bell was demoted to something called 'Formula Student' a few days before he retired.

As long as my gut-feeling hasn't been proven wrong, here's the first thought that went through my mind when Kimi won the national rally in France: oh no, he wins just as he is about to quit rally!!

Methinks more and more each day that Kimi is making a contract with Red Bull Racing.

Had an early dinner yesterday with some people before the game in Helsinki. There was this guy who knows Kimi well and has been racing alongside him. Also works in motorsports in a high position. He said it´s for sure Kimi will stay in rallying. Wanted to punch him but couldn´t - he is my client after all :<>:
Noooooo :<>:

Then again, remember how shocked LdM, Domenicali and Alonso were when they found out that Kimi will go to WRC?
Off-Topic: show
Wolfie..seen these? Funny co-incidence??? Translate them if You want to :lol:

http://www.f1-forum.fi/vb/showthread.ph ... ost1578832
http://www.iltalehti.fi/formulat/201010 ... 3_fo.shtml
So this Koree says Kimi will drive in team that starts with M letter but he/she doesnt say is it rally or F1.

sammyosammy
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sammyosammy » 08 Oct 2010, 15:31

apple wrote:
Wolfie wrote:
sammyosammy wrote:
Wolfie wrote:

Noooooo :<>:

Then again, remember how shocked LdM, Domenicali and Alonso were when they found out that Kimi will go to WRC?
Off-Topic: show
Wolfie..seen these? Funny co-incidence??? Translate them if You want to :lol:

http://www.f1-forum.fi/vb/showthread.ph ... ost1578832
http://www.iltalehti.fi/formulat/201010 ... 3_fo.shtml
So this Koree says Kimi will drive in team that starts with M letter but he/she doesnt say is it rally or F1.[/quote]

Yeah and we´ll have to wait for next week before the announcement takes place. :)
(didn´t know December starts next week)

edit: help needed with quotes :lol:

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 08 Oct 2010, 16:15

I agree Linda-Anne.

In my mind Kimi has no reason go back to F1 - he don't need prove anything anymore. The best thing what he could do is the good results in rally.
I miss a babysitter

Linda-Anne
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Linda-Anne » 08 Oct 2010, 17:02

Moominpappa wrote:I agree Linda-Anne.

In my mind Kimi has no reason go back to F1 - he don't need prove anything anymore. The best thing what he could do is the good results in rally.

My thoughts exactly Mooominpappa, but if he was allowed to do a couple of GP's and beat everybody, then all the bashers would be silenced for a few seconds and he and us would have a party, get drunk and eat a few ice creams ha ha!

Lunna
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Lunna » 08 Oct 2010, 17:13

Kinga wrote: Lunna: I think Kimi could do 5-6 rallies in 1 year while competing in F1 too. Maybe that would be good enough for him. :pray:
5-6 rallies maybe but not in WRC and not in top-team :O
so hardly it will be enough ))
luieluv wrote:To be honest from a kimi fan's point of view this is so very much ideal and joyous scenario of kimi doing 5 odd rallies and doing entire season of F1 but if he wants to succeed in WRC and if he is very serious about WRC then this wont be the correct thing to do. You cant have your each of the foot in two different boats. IF WRC is plain fun for him then i dont mind at all with he doing 5 rallies and a full F1 season.

But if kimi wants to succeed or win anything in WRC then he will have to give up on F1 completely. Not this year and not even next year. He will have to shut the door on F1 for ever.
+1
SpaMaster wrote:After second full year, if Kimi thinks, "I am not sure if I could reach the top speeds. May be I could. But I don't know. I would get a better idea if I drive for 1-2 more years". Then what will Kimi do?
who knows what Kimi will think ?... who even knows what he thinks now?! ))) only Icmen himself :cool:

Lunna
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Lunna » 08 Oct 2010, 17:17

sleenster wrote:My personal preference is to see Kimi do a full season of WRC, with 5-6 races in F1. :D

Actually, if he would just do one race per year at Spa that is good enough for me.
nice idea :lol: Spa and Suzuka would be great :cool:
SilentKiller wrote:Actually the opposite doesn't sound that bad. All f1 races and 5-7 rally. He could do most asphalt rallies, and few other rallies he prefers like Rally Finland.
one more time )) what 5-7 rallies? WRC?
I say its not an option, maybe 1-2 WRC and 2-3 local rallies

Lunna
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Lunna » 08 Oct 2010, 17:28

Wolfie wrote:Frankly I'm so pissed by the way the media and some members on some forums treat Kimi - again - that it only makes me wish stronger and stronger that he would go back to F1 and shut them up once and for all
I have an opposite opinion: all this mess with Renualt was sooooo annoying that rally seems pretty cool then ever before. And those haters will never shut up, so why waste the energy on them? :O
Moominpappa wrote:In my mind Kimi has no reason go back to F1 - he don't need prove anything anymore.
+1
Fans will be fans and haters will be haters no matter what

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 08 Oct 2010, 21:27

Just some random thoughts (bla bla bla bla :p )

To be honest, I've kind of fallen out of love with F1 a little bit. All the petty bickering and the mind games and the bashing. And the whole Renault saga has only reminded me of the distasteful and political nature of F1. I'm also kind of disappointed that F1 managed to let a driver as talented as Kimi slip out of its grasp. I think he would have stayed if he had the right kind of deal, just that no one was willing to offer it to him and they rather let him leave completely.

In WRC there's no driver that I truly dislike, but in F1, well..... let's just say that there are several drivers I really can't stand. There just seems to be so much more bitterness and animosity between teams, drivers and particularly between the fans in F1. I still watch F1 if it is a good race, but if a certain driver wins I completely refuse to watch. I don't feel like Kimi needs to go back to F1 to prove anything or to get revenge back on anybody. He is a world champion, nobody can ever take that away from him and he doesn't have anything left to prove. And no matter what he does, he'll never be able to prove himself against the bashers anyway so it's all pointless really.

I think Kimi has started a new chapter in rallying. I've decided I'm not going to care about his results this year - as long as he and Kaj feel like they have made real progress in terms of accumulating experience and listening to the pacenotes, that is good enough for me. Kaj has been saying that they have definitely made progress and are getting better all the time. So maybe right now they don't have the results to show for it, but if they are showing improvement all the time, it's only a matter of time before the results start to come.

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 08 Oct 2010, 22:00

More on the Renault-saga:
Lame explanations

Turun Sanomat 8.10 2010 23:00:56

Eric Bouillier is talking himself into a corner so to speak because he still goes on about how seriously excited he was over the possibility to get Kimi Räikkönen as Robert Kubica's team mate.

First of all he claims that the initiative came from Räikkönen after Spa, when Kubica had drove his third podium position this season.

You don't have to be an Einstein to find Renault's first budding stories about their interest in hiring Räikkönen. They started particularly in Renault's camp. I myself asked Kubica in the press conference how it would feel to drive beside Räikkönen because of these rumours.

Then what about Bouillier's justification that he didn't want to start any negotiations with Räikkönen until he clears up whether Vitali Petrov still would be skillful enough to continue in the team?

If even one top team gets the opportunity to snatch an active WDC to the team then they go for it with all they've got.

Logically thinking they would have proceeded with Petrov in this situation - where no better team is interested in him - so that they would have made it clear to the Russian driver that they are now negotiating with Räikkönen and if that doesn't happen they will discuss with him.

Summa summarum. When Bouillier is defending that the team did not use Räikkönen's name for their own marketing in order to bend Petrov's support groups to be more generous, they certainly succeeded very well especially by this way.

Thanks to Petrov Renault got in Singapore two new Russian sponsors for the rest of the season and now one more in Japan.

It feels like Renault's F1-team has charted out the maturity of Petrov's sponsors instead of his maturity before they would have started to discuss with Räikkönen.

TS/Heikki Kulta
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 08 Oct 2010, 22:29

Thanks to Sammy here is from the Finnish forum by Koree:
I had to register here to tell a piece of news that will shake up the whole F1-world or atleast Finnish F1-fans.

Next week we will get the information where Kimi or "Kimble" as you call him will drive next year.

Everybody knows that Kimi or I mean "Kimble" doesn't want to Renault but that he would like to continue in F1 and prove his abilities after his shameful sacking.

I can tell you that much that the team begins with the letter M, but I will not tell you if it's in rally or F1. And I'm not any 'troll' that you like to call those who have no life, no education, no honor and countless other flaws who write provocative or other BS-things with their smile up in their ears or perhaps in the the ar*se that is in the back.
Yay, so which is it? Mercedes or Mini :fear:

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 08 Oct 2010, 22:53

Wolfie wrote:Thanks to Sammy here is from the Finnish forum by Koree:
I had to register here to tell a piece of news that will shake up the whole F1-world or atleast Finnish F1-fans.

Next week we will get the information where Kimi or "Kimble" as you call him will drive next year.

Everybody knows that Kimi or I mean "Kimble" doesn't want to Renault but that he would like to continue in F1 and prove his abilities after his shameful sacking.

I can tell you that much that the team begins with the letter M, but I will not tell you if it's in rally or F1. And I'm not any 'troll' that you like to call those who have no life, no education, no honor and countless other flaws who write provocative or other BS-things with their smile up in their ears or perhaps in the the ar*se that is in the back.
So this Koree person registered just to post one thing? If their info is so reliable, why doesn't he/she just come out and say what team it is?

If it's not Kulta, Kuvaja, Robertson, Peacock, Nogier or Quesnell that is saying it, I'm not buying.

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 08 Oct 2010, 23:05

Ah, and just found Mikael's brilliant story that should be put here :shhh: :lol:
Montezemolo speaking!
Well it's Kimi here hello!

Kimi? Who would have believed - howdy. How are things with the rally-man?
Thanks I'm fine although I don't think I'll continue next year.

Well I'm not continuing next year either but... really - is there truth in the F1-rumours? Or are you going to the States, they say that too?
No, not to the States. Renault is trying hard to get me though. What are you going to do yourself?

I have to move over. The Agnellis are taking my place. Ooh, Renault. Will they get the cash, what about the car?
They will get the cash. And they have got the car much better now that the earlier driver left.

Well - well our car is starting to get faster too.
Yes, it has been fast ever since the beginning but your current star is making mistakes and Massa doesn't get the same service and powers. And yet he is recovering.

It will go well. We go much sharper with only one point and I don't think Renault is threathening us.
But I will get the roulette going again now that Schumi is also quitting

Schumi should quit too - that devil. But you won't go to Merc then?
Hmm... if they would get their package in order again now that the rules change again. Brawn has some information about the details of the regulations....

Brawn is good.
Yes he is and Button would want to go back if they get the car in order.

But that would mean a vacant seat in McLaren?
Yeah, Macca likes my talents really much!

Don't go there. I would be great to get you in Massa's place but Alonso, oh well.
Oh well what?

We might not be that strong - I mean that we have a tough year ahead of us.
Yeah - a lot of stuff changing in the car, starting from the tyres. You should get the car quickly developed and drive fast but without making mistakes.

It would be a tough competition for us but I can't hire you. Can't you continue in rally - hey, a lot is changing there too.
But if Webber takes the title he quits. And I don't make much money in rally next year.

Red Bull? What if you would still continue in rally?
How much?

Well it's my last year. But not so much anymore - what if we give you a tenner?
10 millons in the hand. One year?

Mamma mia - okay but then you won't come to F1.
I won't come next year. Done deal - it was nice to chat. The Robertsons will pay you a visit - straight from Renault.

Oh. Oh well. Have a good time Kimi.
You too. Let's keep in touch.

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 08 Oct 2010, 23:06

sleenster wrote:

So this Koree person registered just to post one thing? If their info is so reliable, why doesn't he/she just come out and say what team it is?

If it's not Kulta, Kuvaja, Robertson, Peacock, Nogier or Quesnell that is saying it, I'm not buying.
He talks about next week so we will soon see if he is right or not :p

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 08 Oct 2010, 23:07

Wolfie wrote:
sleenster wrote:

He talks about next week so we will soon see if he is right or not :p
Don't forget McLaren and Monster also begin with 'M' :p