Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by SpaMaster » 08 Oct 2010, 01:03

^ No, Kimi would still not drive for a mid-field F1 team. Renault was always least likely. Vettel and Kimi are different cases for Red Bull. I think Red Bull would allow Kimi to rally. Mercedes is another option. I think Haug could easily facilitate something. Don't expect Kimi in anything other than a top team in F1 whatever be the case. I don't think he has the patience to put up with both the off track BS and on track mediocrity.
Curious case of Kimi Raikkonen..

icemaid
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by icemaid » 08 Oct 2010, 03:45

I just hope Wolfie gut-feel is right! :pray:
Then Kimi can go racing & rallying. :drool:

A girl can dream cant I? :lol:

Lunna
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Lunna » 08 Oct 2010, 08:12

SpaMaster wrote:Guys, this intriguing poster from another forum mentions that doing F1 and WRC simultaneously as an option for Kimi.
I think it's impossible option:
- there're f1 & rally races at the same dates
- it will be too much stress (especially when races are in not european countries)
- I don't think any F1 will allow it, max 2-3 rallies like last year
SpaMaster wrote:I think Haug could easily facilitate something.
I'm not sure that Merc will allow race in rally for another brand. We have only examples of Kimi in Fiat and Kubica in Renualt and mostly not in WRC.

All in all F1 and WRC are too different disciplines. If Kimi wants to make progress in rally he must stay in WRC. And I'm sure he knows it :)

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 08 Oct 2010, 08:18

SpaMaster wrote:Guys, this intriguing poster from another forum mentions that doing F1 and WRC simultaneously as an option for Kimi. I think it is a really good option for Kimi. Kimi would have the chance to continue with the safe option, f1, while evaluating his potential in rally which is still a new area for him. Of course, he won't be able to do all the rallies. I think it would be pretty hectic to do all of them anyway.

In a way it might help Kimi to keep a foot in F1 while he is indulged in rally. Because if the experiment does not work out as expected in rally, he may lose his F1 champion mojo soon and may not even have the backing to drive top rally cars. Continuing to do well in F1 actually helps to have a sure and safer way to learn rally while having the backing of top cars for a longer time.

I think this scenario is the most likely one to make Kimi consider an F1 return next year.
SpaMaster wrote:^ No, Kimi would still not drive for a mid-field F1 team. Renault was always least likely. Vettel and Kimi are different cases for Red Bull. I think Red Bull would allow Kimi to rally. Mercedes is another option. I think Haug could easily facilitate something. Don't expect Kimi in anything other than a top team in F1 whatever be the case. I don't think he has the patience to put up with both the off track BS and on track mediocrity.

Dheeban, great minds think alike! These things have been in my mind for quite a long time! I hope that Kimi thinks the same!!! :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

Lunna: I think Kimi could do 5-6 rallies in 1 year while competing in F1 too. Maybe that would be good enough for him. :pray:

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by SpaMaster » 08 Oct 2010, 09:15

Lunna wrote:
SpaMaster wrote:Guys, this intriguing poster from another forum mentions that doing F1 and WRC simultaneously as an option for Kimi.
- it will be too much stress (especially when races are in not european countries)
I'm not sure that Merc will allow race in rally for another brand. We have only examples of Kimi in Fiat and Kubica in Renualt and mostly not in WRC.

All in all F1 and WRC are too different disciplines. If Kimi wants to make progress in rally he must stay in WRC. And I'm sure he knows it :)
Of course full WRC season is not possible. 5-6 rallies. I am saying this as the best case scenario in which Kimi could return in F1.

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 08 Oct 2010, 09:25

SpaMaster wrote:
Lunna wrote:

Of course full WRC season is not possible. 5-6 rallies. I am saying this as the best case scenario in which Kimi could return in F1.
To be honest from a kimi fan's point of view this is so very much ideal and joyous scenario of kimi doing 5 odd rallies and doing entire season of F1 but if he wants to succeed in WRC and if he is very serious about WRC then this wont be the correct thing to do. You cant have your each of the foot in two different boats. IF WRC is plain fun for him then i dont mind at all with he doing 5 rallies and a full F1 season.

But if kimi wants to succeed or win anything in WRC then he will have to give up on F1 completely. Not this year and not even next year. He will have to shut the door on F1 for ever.
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by SpaMaster » 08 Oct 2010, 11:10

luie: It all depends on how much progress Kimi thinks he can make in rally. I personally think he can take one more year of complete break from F1 and still be able to return there after that. Kimi would definitely not be interested to continue rallying if he realizes he would never catch the speed of leaders, and can only be a mid-fielder in rally.

After second full year, if Kimi thinks, "I am not sure if I could reach the top speeds. May be I could. But I don't know. I would get a better idea if I drive for 1-2 more years". Then what will Kimi do? Will he continue to have sponsorship for his rallying at this stage? Evaluating the further potential in the new field while remaining in his original field might give him the best option. On the other hand, Kimi could say "I know I have it" or "That is it" after second year. But things may not be so clear cut after the first or second year.

Of course, my first preference is Kimi becomes a world champion in rally. But there are so many unknowns. :p
Last edited by SpaMaster on 08 Oct 2010, 11:27, edited 1 time in total.

Iana
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Iana » 08 Oct 2010, 11:15

How about his back pain? What if F1 is too much? :confused:

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 08 Oct 2010, 12:13

My personal preference is to see Kimi do a full season of WRC, with 5-6 races in F1. :D

Actually, if he would just do one race per year at Spa that is good enough for me.

SilentKiller
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by SilentKiller » 08 Oct 2010, 12:45

Iana wrote:How about his back pain? What if F1 is too much? :confused:
The back pain is more of a problem in Rally rather than F1.
sleenster wrote:My personal preference is to see Kimi do a full season of WRC, with 5-6 races in F1. :D

Actually, if he would just do one race per year at Spa that is good enough for me.
Actually the opposite doesn't sound that bad. All f1 races and 5-7 rally. He could do most asphalt rallies, and few other rallies he prefers like Rally Finland.

Iana
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Iana » 08 Oct 2010, 12:55

Does Bob Bell resigned from the Renault F1 have somethig to do with all Kimi's saga? He was replaced by, surprise, Eric Boullier.

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2010/10/r ... aves-team/

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 08 Oct 2010, 14:17

Iana wrote:Does Bob Bell resigned from the Renault F1 have somethig to do with all Kimi's saga? He was replaced by, surprise, Eric Boullier.

I don't think so. A Swedish F1-reporter from the paddock wrote that Bell was demoted to something called 'Formula Student' a few days before he retired.

As long as my gut-feeling hasn't been proven wrong, here's the first thought that went through my mind when Kimi won the national rally in France: oh no, he wins just as he is about to quit rally!!

Methinks more and more each day that Kimi is making a contract with Red Bull Racing.

And I'm actually starting to grow on the idea of Kimi in F1 again :lol:
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

sammyosammy
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sammyosammy » 08 Oct 2010, 14:24

Wolfie wrote:
Iana wrote:Does Bob Bell resigned from the Renault F1 have somethig to do with all Kimi's saga? He was replaced by, surprise, Eric Boullier.

I don't think so. A Swedish F1-reporter from the paddock wrote that Bell was demoted to something called 'Formula Student' a few days before he retired.

As long as my gut-feeling hasn't been proven wrong, here's the first thought that went through my mind when Kimi won the national rally in France: oh no, he wins just as he is about to quit rally!!

Methinks more and more each day that Kimi is making a contract with Red Bull Racing.

Had an early dinner yesterday with some people before the game in Helsinki. There was this guy who knows Kimi well and has been racing alongside him. Also works in motorsports in a high position. He said it´s for sure Kimi will stay in rallying. Wanted to punch him but couldn´t - he is my client after all :<>:

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 08 Oct 2010, 14:27

sammyosammy wrote:
Wolfie wrote:

Had an early dinner yesterday with some people before the game in Helsinki. There was this guy who knows Kimi well and has been racing alongside him. Also works in motorsports in a high position. He said it´s for sure Kimi will stay in rallying. Wanted to punch him but couldn´t - he is my client after all :<>:
Noooooo :<>:

Then again, remember how shocked LdM, Domenicali and Alonso were when they found out that Kimi will go to WRC?
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

icemaid
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by icemaid » 08 Oct 2010, 14:29

Noooooo :fear:

There goes my dream/hope, out of the window! :lol: