Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
rko281
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by rko281 » 07 Oct 2010, 08:22

Wolfie, totally agree with you. My point is that it didn't had to come to this, and by this I'm saying that Robertson should have done something earlier. A phone call to Bouiller to calm him a little bit about all the c**p he said about motivation, salary,... and ask for a bit of confidentiality.

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 07 Oct 2010, 08:22

redstorm wrote:Oh come on everybody. Look at the hillarity of it all. First we had the RB kids going at it and now the mothership Renault in management turmoil. Add to that the Lotus Racing VS Team Lotus shenanigans (Lotus to run Renaults with RB made box!) and it all adds up Renault=disaster!!! What have the Frenchies put in their lattes lately?!?

Better for Kimi to stay far away from them. Run Bobby run!

Morning all, Red still lives. :wave:
Morning Red :wave:

But you must have seen the impact of Bouillier's words on forums alone? It was the perfect chance to start the same machinery going as last year proving just how 'crappy' and 'unwanted' Kimi is and other bla bla bla. Not to mention the F1-media who always have these scandal-hungry reporters who are already used to bashing Kimi :zz:

These things only make me hope my gut-feeling is right this time - Kimi to Red Bull and kicking everybody's ass :<>:
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 07 Oct 2010, 08:24

Boullier tried to prop up his product Renault (good job) but when it backfired mishandled the media. He just showed his inexperience with the F1 circus.

And that's IF he was playing games. I don't put ANYTHING past the media. Especially since it involves Kimi.....

Hi Wolfie! Longtime no see
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 07 Oct 2010, 08:28

rko281 wrote:Wolfie, totally agree with you. My point is that it didn't had to come to this, and by this I'm saying that Robertson should have done something earlier. A phone call to Bouiller to calm him a little bit about all the c**p he said about motivation, salary,... and ask for a bit of confidentiality.
Good point, rko :thumbsup:

Maybe Robertson did call him although I don't think so since that would have given even more fuel to the statements :fear:

But they should concentrate on bringing up Kubica and also Petrov if they are after his sponsor-money - what does it do to the harmony in the team when it's Kimi Kimi Kimi all the time. Now Kubica has to answer to questions concerning Kimi and I thought it would be Alonso this and Alonso that for Kubica this season :lol:

I hope Robertsons and Kimi keep their cool, if they now come out and defend themself it's a never-ending story when they can watch Bouillier defend all he wants :cool:

I was very disappointed with the way he has presented Kimi to the media so I'm not complaining at all :lol:

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 07 Oct 2010, 08:31

rko281 wrote:Wolfie, totally agree with you. My point is that it didn't had to come to this, and by this I'm saying that Robertson should have done something earlier. A phone call to Bouiller to calm him a little bit about all the c**p he said about motivation, salary,... and ask for a bit of confidentiality.
Off-Topic: show
Rko281, I have been thinking about our bet...

If I lose you get to say what to do but my proposition is something like 'Never trust Wolfie's gut-feeling because it's always wrong' or something like that in my signature for at least one month :lol:

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 07 Oct 2010, 08:33

Wolfie wrote:

If I lose you get to say what to do but my proposition is something like 'Never trust Wolfie's gut-feeling because it's always wrong' or something like that in my signature for at least one month :lol:
sleenster wrote:
Or something like "Wolfie's gut feeling was just indigestion" :p
Nice one Sleenster but it has to be bad :n

@rko, great, it's a deal then and now I'm waiting for your suggestions if you are wrong :p
Last edited by sleenster on 07 Oct 2010, 08:42, edited 1 time in total.

rko281
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by rko281 » 07 Oct 2010, 08:34

Wolfie wrote:

Ok, sounds good to me :cool:

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 07 Oct 2010, 08:38

rko281 wrote:
Wolfie wrote:

great, it's a deal then and now I'm waiting for your suggestions should you be wrong :p

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 07 Oct 2010, 08:51

Wolfie wrote:
rko281 wrote:
Wolfie wrote:

great, it's a deal then and now I'm waiting for your suggestions should you be wrong :p
Rko must get a henna tattoo that says Wolfie rules! It'll last a week or two :cool:
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

Denorth
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Denorth » 07 Oct 2010, 08:54

Mr. Soup strikes back :n :n :n
These Colours Don't Run!

Kimi, Always Kimi

rko281
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by rko281 » 07 Oct 2010, 08:56

no henna tattoo ...
P.S. by the way, indeed Wolfie rules, so I don't this as a punishment :lol:
Wolfie, I'll think about it and let you know.

now, back on topic, before others will get bored of us on this topic :p

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 07 Oct 2010, 09:50

rko281 wrote:
no henna tattoo ...

Back on topic :lol:

So what do you think about Kubica's sudden words about the thing? Didn't he say all along that he doesn't think Kimi is coming to Renault and now he even talks about the 'salary'-thing :confused:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/87224

Am I just reading more into it than there is? It's as if he is backing up his employer's words all of a sudden, which is completely understandable..

Denorth
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Denorth » 07 Oct 2010, 09:56

I think that those Kubica's words are just a confirmation that Renault F1 hasn't got much money to have two top drivers
These Colours Don't Run!

Kimi, Always Kimi

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 07 Oct 2010, 10:21

Denorth wrote:I think that those Kubica's words are just a confirmation that Renault F1 hasn't got much money to have two top drivers
You are right, Denorth. And to back it up, here is an article from Kulta from September 28th - and the media talks didn't end after that:
Kimi will not be seen in Renault

Turun Sanomat 28.9 2010 06:22:32

The rumours and speculation about Kimi Räikkönen's possible comeback to F1 in Renault can be buried once and for all. They made it very clear from Renault's camp during the weekend in Singapore that hiring Räikkönen will not happen under any circumstances - no matter who decides it, the former or the current owner.

Räikkönen has not at any point been interested in driving in F1 with a middle-field car.

Robert Kubica is not going anywhere, he is driving in 2011 for Renault. The only thing they have to polish is Vitali Petrov's contract and they promised it would be announced during this season. The other driver along with his sponsors is practically paying Kubica's salary.

Kubica was one of Singapore's heroes. He raced for a long time with Nico Rosberg until he suffered all of a sudden a tyre puncture and had to go to the paddock for the second time. They discovered the tyre puncture from the telemetry and the driver was called in after which he made a huge amount of brilliant overtakings and was finally 7th.

They are living in transition when it comes to Räikkönen since Red Bull who is sponsoring him is withdrawing altogether from rally. At this stage they don't consider Räikkönen even as a replacement to Red Bull's F1-crew although Mark Webber might retire if he wins the WDC.

Turun Sanomat, Singapore

HEIKKI KULTA

rko281
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by rko281 » 07 Oct 2010, 10:21

Wolfie wrote:
rko281 wrote:
no henna tattoo ...

Back on topic :lol:

So what do you think about Kubica's sudden words about the thing? Didn't he say all along that he doesn't think Kimi is coming to Renault and now he even talks about the 'salary'-thing :confused:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/87224

Am I just reading more into it than there is? It's as if he is backing up his employer's words all of a sudden, which is completely understandable..
Just as I said earlier, the only one that will have bad press is going to be Kimi, not Bouiller. We, as fans and a few others might see it different, but Kimi is going to be and he is already trashed over the whole thing.
Everything should have been handled differently.
But, nothing new, he's been having the bad press for his entire career.