Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by Vida » 07 Oct 2010, 07:22

once you are busted you will always to try to find away to escape...

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 07 Oct 2010, 07:25

luieluv wrote:
Renault hits back at Raikkonen's claims

By Jonathan Noble Thursday, October 7th 2010, 06:44 GMT

Renault has hit back at Kimi Raikkonen's claims that it 'used' his name to try and boost its image - as the team insisted it had been totally transparent in its dealings with the former world champion.

Raikkonen spoke out earlier this week by saying he was '100 per cent' sure he would not race for Renault in 2011 despite having been in contact with the team - and expressed his disappointment that the team had talked up its link with him.

However, Renault team principal Eric Boullier has rubbished Raikkonen's suggestions that it was trying to play the media by talking about the Finn's interest – as he insisted his comments to the press over the past few weeks had merely been honest responses to questions.

"We have not piggy-backed on Kimi's image at all, which is what he has been claiming in the press," Boullier told AUTOSPORT in Japan.

"We were contacted by his managers after Spa. They wanted to enter into discussions and at that time we said: 'Please wait. Yes, we are very flattered that you have contacted us, but we need to finish the evaluation of Vitaly's [Petrov] potential and from that point, when we have our own conclusion, we will get back to you.' There was nothing else.

"Since then, I had not got back to them because we had not finished the evaluation of the potential of Vitaly and there was nothing else to say. I never used the media, and I don't see the benefit of telling to the media that Kimi is interested and chasing us. What would be the purpose of this?

"At the end, there was clearly a big interest in the media and during the last week the media kept reporting about our contact. I guess it was because there was nothing else to report, and I guess Kimi got upset to have all this in the press.

"But I always stuck to my word – and when it was public I was fair and courteous. Yes we were flattered to be contacted but I didn't say anything else. Now, I think it is clear for me, and clear for him, and this is the end of the discussion."

Boullier admitted that he had been a little surprised about the aggressive tone of Raikkonen's comments against Renault – and said that the whole saga had actually been difficult for himself too.

"You cannot be disappointed in his comment, but I do not understand why be aggressive and accuse us of something. I would never chase the media to explain them something like this – we were just replying to the questions. Even for us it was pulling us into a bit of trouble because it was constantly back on the table."

Boullier said it would have more unfair for Renault to have had entered lengthy negotiations with Raikkonen only to then bring talks to an end if they had chosen to keep Petrov.

"I have been very clear and very fair with everybody," he said. "I would not get into deep discussions with anyone, because that would be unfair for them if we took the decision that we were ready to keep Vitaly.

"The idea was we are interested in talking, and if we believe Vitaly cannot do it we will call you back and we will discuss it. But why discuss it before? You can play with the media, you can play with pressure, but that is not the game here."
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/87222
I don't know which is worse, if he's as ignorant as as he pretends or if he just plays dumb.
Telling half of the truth feeds the media as we know. He should know that too
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 07 Oct 2010, 07:36

beefree88 wrote:
luieluv wrote:
Renault hits back at Raikkonen's claims

By Jonathan Noble Thursday, October 7th 2010, 06:44 GMT

Renault has hit back at Kimi Raikkonen's claims that it 'used' his name to try and boost its image - as the team insisted it had been totally transparent in its dealings with the former world champion.

Raikkonen spoke out earlier this week by saying he was '100 per cent' sure he would not race for Renault in 2011 despite having been in contact with the team - and expressed his disappointment that the team had talked up its link with him.

However, Renault team principal Eric Boullier has rubbished Raikkonen's suggestions that it was trying to play the media by talking about the Finn's interest – as he insisted his comments to the press over the past few weeks had merely been honest responses to questions.

"We have not piggy-backed on Kimi's image at all, which is what he has been claiming in the press," Boullier told AUTOSPORT in Japan.

"We were contacted by his managers after Spa. They wanted to enter into discussions and at that time we said: 'Please wait. Yes, we are very flattered that you have contacted us, but we need to finish the evaluation of Vitaly's [Petrov] potential and from that point, when we have our own conclusion, we will get back to you.' There was nothing else.

"Since then, I had not got back to them because we had not finished the evaluation of the potential of Vitaly and there was nothing else to say. I never used the media, and I don't see the benefit of telling to the media that Kimi is interested and chasing us. What would be the purpose of this?

"At the end, there was clearly a big interest in the media and during the last week the media kept reporting about our contact. I guess it was because there was nothing else to report, and I guess Kimi got upset to have all this in the press.

"But I always stuck to my word – and when it was public I was fair and courteous. Yes we were flattered to be contacted but I didn't say anything else. Now, I think it is clear for me, and clear for him, and this is the end of the discussion."

Boullier admitted that he had been a little surprised about the aggressive tone of Raikkonen's comments against Renault – and said that the whole saga had actually been difficult for himself too.

"You cannot be disappointed in his comment, but I do not understand why be aggressive and accuse us of something. I would never chase the media to explain them something like this – we were just replying to the questions. Even for us it was pulling us into a bit of trouble because it was constantly back on the table."

Boullier said it would have more unfair for Renault to have had entered lengthy negotiations with Raikkonen only to then bring talks to an end if they had chosen to keep Petrov.

"I have been very clear and very fair with everybody," he said. "I would not get into deep discussions with anyone, because that would be unfair for them if we took the decision that we were ready to keep Vitaly.

"The idea was we are interested in talking, and if we believe Vitaly cannot do it we will call you back and we will discuss it. But why discuss it before? You can play with the media, you can play with pressure, but that is not the game here."
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/87222
I don't know which is worse, if he's as ignorant as as he pretends or if he just plays dumb.
Telling half of the truth feeds the media as we know. He should know that too
I agree, beefree!

Now all he does is digs himself an even deeper hole by accusing Kimi :zz:

Wow, he actually makes it look like they have this open policy when it comes to negotiations - good for him :lol:
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 07 Oct 2010, 07:38

I totally called it, I knew an egomaniacal blowhard like Boullier was not going to let Kimi have the last word.

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 07 Oct 2010, 07:41

Kubica says he`s disappointed that Raikonnen is not going to be his team-mate. "I thought there was a chance of him coming to Renault"
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 07 Oct 2010, 07:42

Wolfie wrote:
Now all he does is digs himself an even deeper hole by accusing Kimi :zz:

Wow, he actually makes it look like they have this open policy when it comes to negotiations - good for him :lol:
Actually he gets even more media coverage by this, and I'm sure he knows that
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 07 Oct 2010, 07:43

sleenster wrote:I totally called it, I knew an egomaniacal blowhard like Boullier was not going to let Kimi have the last word.
It's going to be interesting to follow, Sleenster...

If Kimi stays silent (hope he does) then Boullier is in for a rollercoaster-ride he has created himself where he is forced to say things and eventually he will go way too far while Kimi is following it from far :lol:

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 07 Oct 2010, 07:45

luieluv wrote:Kubica says he`s disappointed that Raikonnen is not going to be his team-mate. "I thought there was a chance of him coming to Renault"
That's nice of him.

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 07 Oct 2010, 07:46

luieluv wrote:Kubica says he`s disappointed that Raikonnen is not going to be his team-mate. "I thought there was a chance of him coming to Renault"
Luie, shame on me but the first thing that came to my mind was that Bouillier made Kubica say that to make it look like Renault was actually thinking of hiring Kimi :<>:

Hasn't Robert said earlier that Kimi is not coming to Renault?

This will become more and more interesting to follow :lol:

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 07 Oct 2010, 07:48

Wolfie wrote:
sleenster wrote:I totally called it, I knew an egomaniacal blowhard like Boullier was not going to let Kimi have the last word.

If Kimi stays silent (hope he does) then Boullier is in for a rollercoaster-ride he has created himself where he is forced to say things and eventually he will go way too far while Kimi is following it from far :lol:
I don't think I can follow it anymore, I'm just so disgusted by how Boullier has conducted himself up to this point. Image

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 07 Oct 2010, 07:49

Wolfie wrote:
Luie, shame on me but the first thing that came to my mind was that Bouillier made Kubica say that to make it look like Renault was actually thinking of hiring Kimi :<>:

They'll keep using Kimi's name to stay in the spotlight as long as they can :<>:

rko281
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by rko281 » 07 Oct 2010, 07:53

Wolfie wrote:

I don't like this at all and I was sure it will come to this since the whole thing started. Even if Kimi will stay silent, except some of his fan, he will get the harsh words, not Bouiller.
This time, something doesn't add up in Robertson camp (some of these could have been avoided sooner by asking for some confidentiality). But, I'm sure they know best but the way Kimi's name was used these weeks, not good.
Some of you might say that this F1 contact was made to get a WRC seat therefore to have some asses in their sleeves, but Kimi in WRC is not a "must" for the few teams so that the Robertson could play the card "you know, we have offers also from F1".

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 07 Oct 2010, 07:53

beefree88 wrote:
Wolfie wrote:

They'll keep using Kimi's name to stay in the spotlight as long as they can :<>:
Yes i agree with you wolfie and beefree both.
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 07 Oct 2010, 07:55

Oh come on everybody. Look at the hillarity of it all. First we had the RB kids going at it and now the mothership Renault in management turmoil. Add to that the Lotus Racing VS Team Lotus shenanigans (Lotus to run Renaults with RB made box!) and it all adds up Renault=disaster!!! What have the Frenchies put in their lattes lately?!?

Better for Kimi to stay far away from them. Run Bobby run!

Morning all, Red still lives. :wave:
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 07 Oct 2010, 08:16

rko281 wrote:
Wolfie wrote:

I don't like this at all and I was sure it will come to this since the whole thing started. Even if Kimi will stay silent, except some of his fan, he will get the harsh words, not Bouiller.
This time, something doesn't add up in Robertson camp (some of these could have been avoided sooner by asking for some confidentiality). But, I'm sure they know best but the way Kimi's name was used these weeks, not good.
Some of you might say that this F1 contact was made to get a WRC seat therefore to have some asses in their sleeves, but Kimi in WRC is not a "must" for the few teams so that the Robertson could play the card "you know, we have offers also from F1".
But rko, Robertson admitted they had been in contact with Renault right after Bouillier blurted it out - maybe Bouillier isn't yet familiar with how negotiations are handled in all secrecy or then he just thought that 'hey, mentioning Kimi's name gets us enormous publicity'. And that alone is disrespectful towards Kubica since he is the star in Renault.

Steve Robertson made it clear ever since the season began that he would be there checking out the market so he could present Kimi choices, that's what managers do isn't it?

And knowing Robertson it has probably been more a thing of getting a bigger picture and possibly some additional information so I'm sure Renault is not the only team they have contacted, Renault is the only team taking it to the media before any negotiations even began.

What speaks clearly for Kimi never even being an option for Renault is the way Bouillier has been talking about Kimi: 'if Kimi has motivation', 'if Kimi lowers his salary demands' etc etc - who in their right mind would even think that it would be a boost for any negotiations :lol:

So it's a media-trick that backfired, Kimi is known of his silence and maybe Bouillier got more and more courageuous since all they said from Kimi's camp was admit that it's true they made one contact. Now that Kimi didn't shut up it puts Bouillier in a defensive position and we will see his true colours. Or not.

Last year nobody came out with secrets, Toyota said they contacted Kimi, McLaren was quiet, Haug said he would hope Kimi would call them etc etc. and of course we heard nothing from Red Bull.

What makes Bouillier's actions wrong is that he lifts up his team and at the same time puts down Kimi's reputation and value. There really was no need for it :(

I guess next he comes out with Kimi's drinking problems :lol: