Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by Kriss » 06 Oct 2010, 19:35

luieluv wrote:Awesome....wow...

David richards says that Kimi Raikkonen is committed to WRC and He says that they did had discussions with Kimi Raikkonen but he feels that Kimi will continue with citroen.

And also mentioned that Kimi Raikkonen has been improving and has been impressive.
goooood :shhh:
thanks lui :thumbsup:

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 06 Oct 2010, 19:36

Moominpappa wrote:
luieluv wrote: But at the same time they were saying that if not for PR, Monster should not keep kimi as an option when you have drivers like petter, wilson, atkinson and few others who are gonna end in a ditch as much as kimi.
I understand Petter, but not other.
Atkinson is a pretty decent driver I thought, I think there were some rumours about him joining Ken Block next year. Apparently Atkinson was also in France as part of Ken Block's gravel note crew. I wouldn't mind seeing Atkinson get a seat, and we'll have Kris Meeke next year too.

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 06 Oct 2010, 19:38

Kriss wrote:
luieluv wrote:Awesome....wow...

David richards says that Kimi Raikkonen is committed to WRC and He says that they did had discussions with Kimi Raikkonen but he feels that Kimi will continue with citroen.

And also mentioned that Kimi Raikkonen has been improving and has been impressive.
goooood :shhh:
thanks lui :thumbsup:
Absolutely!!!
The best news what I can think.
I miss a babysitter

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 06 Oct 2010, 19:43

So as of now i can think of only three options that kimi might be thinking.

1) A Citroen drive with Red Bull as partner which will give Red Bull an access to Kimi for 2012 F1 campaign or

2) A Citroen drive without Red Bull as a partner which does not gives them access to kimi for 2012 (Kimi can still take a call if presented an offer for 2012) or

3) A straight away F1 drive with Red Bull in 2011

In first one, kimi could yet again be getting a pay package of 10 million $, In second option it could be as meagre as 2 million $ and in third one it could be anything similar to first pay package.

This is what i make out from all the situations so far. :)
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 06 Oct 2010, 19:45

luieluv wrote:So as of now i can think of only three options that kimi might be thinking.

1) A Citroen drive with Red Bull as partner which will give Red Bull an access to Kimi for 2012 F1 campaign or

2) A Citroen drive without Red Bull as a partner which does not gives them access to kimi for 2012 (Kimi can still take a call if presented an offer for 2012) or

In first one, kimi could yet again be getting a pay package of 10 million $, In second option it could be as meagre as 2 million $ and in third one it could be anything similar to first pay package.

what about Monster ?

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 06 Oct 2010, 19:47

Kriss wrote:
luieluv wrote:So as of now i can think of only three options that kimi might be thinking.

what about Monster ?
even monster is an option but i guess kimi will jump on to that only if the talks with citroen fail miserably. I feel. Kimi wont chose monster over citroen given both are possibility.
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 06 Oct 2010, 19:50

Whoaaa 10 million? :blink: That seems ridiculous by rally standards, even by Loeb's standards coz he doesn't even get that much....

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 06 Oct 2010, 19:50

luieluv wrote:
even monster is an option but i guess kimi will jump on to that only if the talks with citroen fail miserably. I feel. Kimi wont chose monster over citroen given both are possibility.
sure, even Kimi said that he want to stay, if I remember correctly
probably Monster is the 2nd best

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 06 Oct 2010, 19:52

sleenster wrote:Whoaaa 10 million? :blink: That seems ridiculous by rally standards, even by Loeb's standards coz he doesn't even get that much....
i may be wrong but i read that somewhere. i believe that is the amount what red bull has invested for kimi this season. I dont know the bifurcation as to how much citroen gets or is it entirely kimi's fees or any other scenario.

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 06 Oct 2010, 19:52

To second option: I guess that Citroen wants that Kimi will make longer contract than only one year. They really know his potential and PR-value. Or did you just mean that?
I miss a babysitter

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 06 Oct 2010, 19:54

luieluv wrote:
sleenster wrote:Whoaaa 10 million? :blink: That seems ridiculous by rally standards, even by Loeb's standards coz he doesn't even get that much....
i may be wrong but i read that somewhere. i believe that is the amount what red bull has invested for kimi this season. I dont know the bifurcation as to how much citroen gets or is it entirely kimi's fees or any other scenario.
We should also remember that Santander pay Kimi's salary now :lol:
I miss a babysitter

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 06 Oct 2010, 19:57

luieluv wrote:
I think maybe the 10 million for Kimi goes towards paying for the cars, spare parts, travel, accommodation, salaries for his engineers and mechanics, not to mention that they have to transport the cars everywhere in the world. Coz I've heard that Loeb's salary only is in the range of 6-8 million.

Compared to F1, a 7x WRC world champion gets about the same salary as a midfield driver. I dunno if rally drivers are underpaid or F1 drivers are overpaid. :lol:

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 06 Oct 2010, 20:04

sleenster wrote:
luieluv wrote:
I think maybe the 10 million for Kimi goes towards paying for the cars, spare parts, travel, accommodation, salaries for his engineers and mechanics, not to mention that they have to transport the cars everywhere in the world. Coz I've heard that Loeb's salary only is in the range of 6-8 million.

Compared to F1, a 7x WRC world champion gets about the same salary as a midfield driver. I dunno if rally drivers are underpaid or F1 drivers are overpaid. :lol:
:lol:

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 06 Oct 2010, 20:06

Moominpappa wrote:To second option: I guess that Citroen wants that Kimi will make longer contract than only one year. They really know his potential and PR-value. Or did you just mean that?
very much possible but in that scenario kimi and robertson will have to gather some more sponsorship from couple of sponsors coz red bull wont be a partner.

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 06 Oct 2010, 20:22

Kriss wrote:
luieluv wrote:I am listening to total rally radio and i have put across a question about kimi and mini for david richards.
They were talking about Red Bull being incompetent in getting the maximum PR out of Kimi Raikkonen whose presence in WRC has done great wonders to the image of WRC.

But at the same time they were saying that if not for PR, Monster should not keep kimi as an option when you have drivers like petter, wilson, atkinson and few others who are gonna end in a ditch as much as kimi.
Monster is ALL about PR, so that is not a option :lol:

I admit its true there are persons in the rallyworld who by driving would deserve at the moment the seat more that Kimi ... and Kimi got his seat because of his PR value, but thats how the world of marketing works!

About Wilson, you have to remember that rallyworld is Brittisch :roll::