Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
rko281
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by rko281 » 06 Oct 2010, 05:03

I wonder if Kimi latest quotes will be published on Autosport? They've published so many articles with Bouiller speaking about Kimi .... :zz:

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 06 Oct 2010, 05:54

Wolfie wrote:
Public torment

Turun Sanomat 6.10 2010 00:09:31

F1-column 5.10.

But enough is enough. They will not speak in public about Räikkönen's real negotiations before the contract is closed.

TS/Heikki Kulta
Kulta is our rock:)
Thanks for the translation :hug:
I'm sure he knows what's going on, and I respect him for honoring Kimi's wish to keep it privat. Besides that's also a clear sign, that Kimi can have a good relationship with the media, it just has to be mutual. Once he can trust somebody to respect him, he opens up.
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 06 Oct 2010, 06:36

thanks Nikki for the articles :hug:
Strongs words from Kimi and Kulta :shhh:
I wonder how Renault will react :lol:
They will not speak in public about Räikkönen's real negotiations before the contract is closed.
for me this means he isn't going to retire next year :thumbsup:

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 06 Oct 2010, 06:41

Raikkonen and Renault

Reports in the media recently of Kimi Raikkonen looking into a return to Formula One with Renault have been greatly over exaggerated and even though his manager did enquire as to availability, this does not mean that the Finn is definitely thinking of making a comeback to the pinnacle of Motorsport.

Even though he has kept his hat in the ring so to speak and spent the 2010 season competing in the world rally championship, Michael Schumacher has proven that any time away from the cockpit in Formula one can prove disastrous as the specifications are constantly changing and the F1 Kimi walked away from will not be the one he may be looking the walking back into.

Like Formula One, rally also has its own silly season and it is not surprising to hear that these enquires into available drive in F1 next season come around the same time that contracts are coming around again and although he has the backing from Red Bull at Citroen, there are other teams interested in his services. Through a return to F1 into the mix as well and things will certainly hot up and fast.

Kimi was always out of place in Formula One, he hated the lifestyle, the politics, the PR. He is much more at home with rally and even if an F1 return was on the cards, it is highly doubtful that it would be with a number four team. Many believed if and when he did come back, it would more than likely be with the Red Bull outfit, due to their new connection.

Therefore, a rumour linking him with Mark Webber’s seat would be a lot more convincing, rather than as a possible replacement for Vitaly Petrov.

http://f1.automoto365.com/news/f1/raikk ... 521-1.html

icemaid
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by icemaid » 06 Oct 2010, 06:46

Thanks Wolfie for the articles! :thumbsup:

Yes, give it to them Kimi! :lol: :lol:

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 06 Oct 2010, 06:55

Angry Raikkonen rules out F1 return with Renault

Kimi Raikkonen has broken his silence to scold Renault and reveal he will not be joining the Enstone based Formula One team in 2011.

Team chiefs Gerard Lopez and Eric Boullier have said numerous times in recent days that the 2007 world champion, who switched to world rallying at the end of last year, is a candidate to race alongside Robert Kubica next season.

Boullier told F1's official website this week that despite being unsure if the Finn is sufficiently motivated to return to the sport, his interest is flattering.

"Yes it is because it shows that the work we've done this season is noticed and that we are considered a challenger for the championship in the future," said the Frenchman.

But Raikkonen, 30, has angrily revealed he will not be driving for Renault in 2011.

"I am very disappointed with the way they have used my name for their marketing," the former McLaren and Ferrari driver is quoted in Finnish by Turun Sanomat newspaper.

"I have never seriously considered driving for Renault, and I can assure you 100 per cent that I will not be driving for them next year," Raikkonen added bluntly.

He said his management contacted Renault once "weeks ago and that is all".
http://motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=390017&FS=F1

karthik_kimi
kart driver
kart driver

Post by karthik_kimi » 06 Oct 2010, 06:55

Atlast..

Noone has annoyed me more than Eric Boullier in the recent past. I was wondering what was Kimi Raikkonen doing when scha idiot like Eric is going all the way crazy trying to promote his team as much possible.

You wanna assess a World Champion's motivation huh, Mr. Eric? Ma ass.. Get lost :<>:

And, Kimi sounds really really frustrated. Thank god he atlast broke his silence and kicked Eric's butt. Absolute Kimism ;) A great relief.. Phew..

But, it doesn't end there. Now let's start speculating why he hasn't signed the contract with Citroen yet. Citroen are reportedly waiting for Kimi and y will Kimi hesitate?

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 06 Oct 2010, 07:08

Kriss wrote:
Raikkonen and Renault

Kimi was always out of place in Formula One, he hated the lifestyle, the politics, the PR. He is much more at home with rally and even if an F1 return was on the cards, it is highly doubtful that it would be with a number four team. Many believed if and when he did come back, it would more than likely be with the Red Bull outfit, due to their new connection.

Therefore, a rumour linking him with Mark Webber’s seat would be a lot more convincing, rather than as a possible replacement for Vitaly Petrov.

http://f1.automoto365.com/news/f1/raikk ... 521-1.html
Good artickle. It made me think though.
Kimi is known hating PR. However it's actually not PR per se, that he has a thing against.
He hates that F1 drivers are expected to sell a corporate image which might fit to exhibitionists like Hamster, but it's out of place and false coming from someone like Kimi.
He's not exactly your average Joe, so it would take up a lot of his energy to act like that. So the safest he can do to kinda withdraw, and don't give much away.
On the other hand he seemed to be at home on some events like Erzberg.
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 06 Oct 2010, 07:15

Actually Kimi told a little positive things when he was making adverts with DNA. They did just what they should do and nothing more. That kind of professional work Kimi likes (or not hate...).
I miss a babysitter

karthik_kimi
kart driver
kart driver

Post by karthik_kimi » 06 Oct 2010, 07:18

He atleast isn't asked to travel to all sorts of unknown places by DNA and pose for photographs. That would be the last thing Kimi would want from his sponsor

apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by apple » 06 Oct 2010, 07:19

Finally an answer from Kimi.
:thumbsup:
This kind of politics doesnt make F1 any more tempting to Kimi as before,it just pushes him away and thats the real damage Renault has done.
I have a strong feeling Kimi is going to continue in rally, if he ever hesitated I think this mess doesnt engourage him to go back to F1 unless he gets the deal he wants.

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 06 Oct 2010, 07:53

I'm so confused...with all the speculations...I just would like Kimi to be happy with what he does. So, be it F1 or WRC, as long as he drives...of course he has the right to retire if he wants to change his life...he's not an entertainer having the duty to keep us happy. I'm not sure there will be such a unique character around soon, but....I'm happy that he gave an end to this Renault saga, it was getting rediculous, them playing it hard to Raikkonen!

hiroshideath113
kart driver
kart driver

Post by hiroshideath113 » 06 Oct 2010, 07:56

Hello everyone, This is my first post from Tokyo.
Sorry if this topic very suitable to tell about my mind, but please let me tell you Kimi's fans in the world.

Until this morning, I wasn't sure myself which category I hope Kimi to drive 2011, but became very clear now.
Last night, I had a strange dream that the contract for 2011 between Kimi and RBR was made as a replacement for MW.
Since Kimi's future was clarified, I was happy a little, but felt huge disappointment, then woke up.
Yes, I finally realised what I hope, I'd like to see Kimi's most challenging adventure in the rally with Citroen next year and more.
Of course, I will be a fan of Kimi's, whenever, wherever and regardless teams and categories.

Kimi... the king of speed with intrepidity and delicateness...
Thanks for reading such a boring text.

Denorth
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Denorth » 06 Oct 2010, 07:59

Welcome hiroshideath, and trust me - you are not alone who wants him driving in WRC
These Colours Don't Run!

Kimi, Always Kimi

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 06 Oct 2010, 07:59

hiroshideath113 wrote:Hello everyone, This is my first post from Tokyo.
Sorry if this topic very suitable to tell about my mind, but please let me tell you Kimi's fans in the world.

Until this morning, I wasn't sure myself which category I hope Kimi to drive 2011, but became very clear now.
Last night, I had a strange dream that the contract for 2011 between Kimi and RBR was made as a replacement for MW.
Since Kimi's future was clarified, I was happy a little, but felt huge disappointment, then woke up.
Yes, I finally realised what I hope, I'd like to see Kimi's most challenging adventure in the rally with Citroen next year and more.
Of course, I will be a fan of Kimi's, whenever, wherever and regardless teams and categories.

Kimi... the king of speed with intrepidity and delicateness...
Thanks for reading such a boring text.
Welcome to the gang.. i mean Forum
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season