Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
momo
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by momo » 05 Oct 2010, 18:27

luieluv wrote:
Raikkonen Still Has A Chance: “Performance of driver, first criteria” – Renault F1 Team
http://www.mibz.com/23621-raikkonen-sti ... -team.html
Thanks luieluv! :cool:

momo
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by momo » 05 Oct 2010, 18:33

Soren wrote:I just posted my review of Rally France. Since the biggest portion of it is concerning his future I thought it would fit here: RALLY FRANCE 2010 – QUE VEUX TU, KIMI?
Thanks for sharing your beautiful review with us Soren! :thumbsup: :)

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 05 Oct 2010, 18:37

Soren wrote:I just posted my review of Rally France. Since the biggest portion of it is concerning his future I thought it would fit here: RALLY FRANCE 2010 – QUE VEUX TU, KIMI?
Thanks soren but i dont agree with you on Kimi's future comments.
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 05 Oct 2010, 18:46

Dracaena wrote:
Ice-Ludy wrote:@SilentKiller Once it was me who posted the article which upseted you I have the right to speak something. I only posted here because I thought I could share with you guys, because I was angry after reading this and like Linda-Anne have said we could discuss it but I guess I made a mistake. I already saw and read here other negative articles about Kimi so I didn't think it was wrong. Anyway, I just wanna to say I am not going to post anything like that anymore. You don't need to worry!
Ludy, you've done nothing wrong. You didn't write that "article", similar stuff has been posted here before and if someone gets their panties in a twist over this particular one it it's not your problem.
+1

Ludy, I'm sorry if it wasn't clear before but I wasn't opposed to you posting the article here on the forum. We should always feel free to post whatever we want over here. :hug:
I was just agreeing with Luie that maybe it wasn't such a good idea to promote the article on your blog but ultimately it's your blog so you're the one who decides what goes on your blog, not us. :hug:

To everyone else: but I also think when we come across trash like that, sometimes the worst thing we can all do is to spread it around even more. Sometimes there are ads on the website of the trashy article and the more we spread it around, the more clicks they might get. And so by getting more people to read, we might actually end up making money for those people who wrote that garbage in the first place. :confused:

Ice-Ludy
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ice-Ludy » 05 Oct 2010, 18:58

sleenster wrote:
Dracaena wrote:
Ice-Ludy wrote:@SilentKiller Once it was me who posted the article which upseted you I have the right to speak something. I only posted here because I thought I could share with you guys, because I was angry after reading this and like Linda-Anne have said we could discuss it but I guess I made a mistake. I already saw and read here other negative articles about Kimi so I didn't think it was wrong. Anyway, I just wanna to say I am not going to post anything like that anymore. You don't need to worry!
Ludy, you've done nothing wrong. You didn't write that "article", similar stuff has been posted here before and if someone gets their panties in a twist over this particular one it it's not your problem.
+1

Ludy, I'm sorry if it wasn't clear before but I wasn't opposed to you posting the article here on the forum. We should always feel free to post whatever we want over here. :hug:
I was just agreeing with Luie that maybe it wasn't such a good idea to promote the article on your blog but ultimately it's your blog so you're the one who decides what goes on your blog, not us. :hug:

To everyone else: but I also think when we come across trash like that, sometimes the worst thing we can all do is to spread it around even more. Sometimes there are ads on the website of the trashy article and the more we spread it around, the more clicks they might get. And so by getting more people to read, we might actually end up making money for those people who wrote that garbage in the first place. :confused:
@Sleen, you don't need to worry dear!!! I understood what you have said!!! :O There's no problem at all! :hug:

I guess we should move on!!! :shhh: :hug:
Octeto Racing Team's Blog: http://www.octetort.com
“Even a small star shines in the darkness”

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 05 Oct 2010, 19:39

Thanks Soren for the great review. I can't say I really disagree with it because you definitely have made some good points. But I think it's also possible to argue the opposite of your case. So guys, hear me out please? :blush:

We all know Kimi well, would anyone say that he's the type to drive around just for show, like some driving exhibition rally?
I've been a fan of Kimi for a long time, and Kimi is a person whom I derive some joy from watching him drive. But I don't feel that he owes me anything at all and if I stopped being a fan tomorrow, his life is not going to change in any way. I certainly do not expect him to make any decisions with me in mind. And just because we might prefer to see him drive in F1, Kimi is not under any obligation to cater to our whims and desires. So I will support him in whatever decision he makes and follow him wherever he goes.

Even Marcus Gronholm has not wanted to continue driving when he was in a similar situation. I can't remember which rally it was in 2003 or 2004, his power steering failed and he fell so far down the ranking it was impossible to recover and so he asked to go home. The only thing stopping him was that his team boss refused to let him. Back then, I don't think anyone could ever accuse Marcus of not having any motivation.

I think some people have made the argument that Kimi should continue driving to gain experience in this conditions. I would like to make the analogy that it's kind of like trying to play a piano concert while trying to learn how to read music. You're just going to do both horribly and then end up not learning anything. Wouldn't it be better to learn how to read music in your own home and practice till you can do it well, then only play in a piano concert?

Kimi is still trying to learn how to absorb pacenotes and it would be better for him to learn how to drive with pacenotes in good conditions, like a dry and clean tarmac rally so that he can just concentrate on the pacenotes. If you are still learning to drive with pacenotes and along with that you have to learn how to drive in horrible muddy conditions, you are probably going to do both of it terribly and not actually learn anything.

Denorth
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Denorth » 05 Oct 2010, 19:42

sleenster wrote:
Thanks Soren for the great review. I can't say I really disagree with it because you definitely have made some good points. But I think it's also possible to argue the opposite of your case. So guys, hear me out please? :blush:

We all know Kimi well, would anyone say that he's the type to drive around just for show, like some driving exhibition rally?
I've been a fan of Kimi for a long time, and Kimi is a person whom I derive some joy from watching him drive. But I don't feel that he owes me anything at all and if I stopped being a fan tomorrow, his life is not going to change in any way. I certainly do not expect him to make any decisions with me in mind. And just because we might prefer to see him drive in F1, Kimi is not under any obligation to cater to our whims and desires. So I will support him in whatever decision he makes and follow him wherever he goes.

Even Marcus Gronholm has not wanted to continue driving when he was in a similar situation. I can't remember which rally it was in 2003 or 2004, his power steering failed and he fell so far down the ranking it was impossible to recover and so he asked to go home. The only thing stopping him was that his team boss refused to let him. Back then, I don't think anyone could ever accuse Marcus of not having any motivation.

I think some people have made the argument that Kimi should continue driving to gain experience in this conditions. I would like to make the analogy that it's kind of like trying to play a piano concert while trying to learn how to read music. You're just going to do both horribly and then end up not learning anything. Wouldn't it be better to learn how to read music in your own home and practice till you can do it well, then only play in a piano concert?

Kimi is still trying to learn how to absorb pacenotes and it would be better for him to learn how to drive with pacenotes in good conditions, like a dry and clean tarmac rally so that he can just concentrate on the pacenotes. If you are still learning to drive with pacenotes and along with that you have to learn how to drive in horrible muddy conditions, you are probably going to do both of it terribly and not actually learn anything.
:thumbsup:
These Colours Don't Run!

Kimi, Always Kimi

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 05 Oct 2010, 19:54

Denorth wrote:
sleenster wrote:

:thumbsup:
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 05 Oct 2010, 20:35

Dracaena wrote:
+1 Dracaena :shhh:

Ludy, don't stop posting them :pray:

It's always good to know where the wind is blowing and maybe also get a good laugh out of it :lol:

And at the least it serves as a meter for our individual opinion, either we agree or disagree like I noticed the talk about the Kimi-fans as if we would be aggressive or over the place :blink:

Sören, thanks :hug:
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 05 Oct 2010, 21:44

Räikkönen puts a stop to Renault's milking

Turun Sanomat 6.10 2010 00:09:17

Kimi Räikkönen who is known for his silence got finally fed up when Renault continues week after week speculating through the media about the Finnish star's possible switch back to F1 in their team.

– I am very disappointed in the way they have used my name in order to promote their own marketing. I have not at any stage considered seriously driving for Renault and I can assure you that I'm 100% sure that I will not drive in Renault next year, Räikkönen declares in his straightforward way.

– My managers were weeks ago once in contact with Renault's team manager. That's all, Räikkönen said.

Even though they haven't had any negotiations, Renault's camp has constantly been feeding the F1-media with stories about how Räikkönen is interested in their team. According to team manager Eric Bouillier the only thing slowing down the negotiations has been the uncertainity of the Finnish driver's motivation.

Although the big audience doesn't necessarily notice it, it isn't any campaign for open negotiations, it's clearly a team- and finance-policy.

Renault is a racing team lead by tycoon Gerard Lopez. For Lopez F1 is business and therefore it looks like they are riding on WDC Räikkönen's name for as long as possible until filling the other seat.

Räikkönen and his managers are used to not speaking in public about any negotiations before the contracts are sealed. Therefore the policy Renault has taken to chow down one short contact for several weeks has been both disturbing and shocking to them.

Turun Sanomat

HEIKKI KULTA

Denorth
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Denorth » 05 Oct 2010, 21:55

thank you Nicole :thumbsup:

I think this might confirm my point about Mr. Soup trying to 'sell' his team to Renault carcompany
These Colours Don't Run!

Kimi, Always Kimi

square
kart driver
kart driver

Post by square » 05 Oct 2010, 22:01

Finally some statement from Kimi. Curios how Bouiller will react now... Can't wait to read the comments from those people who were so convinced that Kimi is literally begging to drive for Renault.

Thank you for translating :thumbsup:

Linda-Anne
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Linda-Anne » 05 Oct 2010, 22:03

Thank God for that.......nasty man ........nasty team............Goodbye :wave:

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 05 Oct 2010, 22:06

Public torment

Turun Sanomat 6.10 2010 00:09:31

F1-column 5.10.

In top sport the negotiations about stars moving to another league are usually kept face to face in cabinets and they keep quiet about the meetings like they would be national secrets.

There has rarely been anything leaking out into the publicity, especially about Finnish F1-drivers' contract negotiations, before all the thick paper bundles have been signed and approved by lawyers.

The policy is that they deny until the last about contracts that are put into effect. That's how Keke Rosberg, Mika Häkkinen and now Kimi Räikkönen have done it.

I can imagine the disappointment in Räikkönen's close circle when Renault's current management started to boast in public about considering hiring Räikkönen to their F1-team next season.

Räikkönen's managers discussed with Renault's former team manager Flavio Briatore when the French team needed a big name to replace Fernando.

Back then they only whispered about the rumours behind the scenes and the persons concerned never commented their contacts in any way.

It was different now when Renault started to milk out in every turn Räikkönen's eagerness to come to the team. F1-bosses starting from Bernie Ecclestone have wished Räikkönen back and Renault also tried to take the status as the goodwill ambassador by repeating how they are thinking if they should take Räikkönen or Vitali Petrov.

But enough is enough. They will not speak in public about Räikkönen's real negotiations before the contract is closed.

TS/Heikki Kulta

Boudica
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Boudica » 05 Oct 2010, 22:06

Thanks Nikki!!! Now this should put a stop to Boullier's blabbering. It was really starting to get annoying, Kimi had real patience!
Last edited by Boudica on 05 Oct 2010, 22:12, edited 1 time in total.