Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by Julia » 05 Oct 2010, 14:27

oh, I just love the way MTV3 tries to squeezes Kimis name in every headline they can... little bit obsessed maybe? :lol:

Renault already focuses on building "Kimi's car"

http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/f1/uutiset.s ... 10/1199407

Soren
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Soren » 05 Oct 2010, 14:47

Kriss wrote:
Soren wrote:
Kriss wrote:
Soren wrote:I just posted my review of Rally France. Since the biggest portion of it is concerning his future I thought it would fit here: RALLY FRANCE 2010 – QUE VEUX TU, KIMI?
I loved it Soren :hug:
I would love to say that I disagree but .....:(
Would you care to elaborate what you mean exactly?
I mean I wanted him to stay, I sill want him actually. This rally was a huge dissapointment for Kimi - as far as I can see. He was soo angry, I've never seen him yelling like that before. I hope he will not lose his motivation and self confidence :pray:
On the other hand he is learning a completely new thing being 31 years old. If he wants immidiate success he is better in F1 :(

So what you wrote makes a lot of sense.
Yea. Its a tricky one isnt it. For Kimi too. Im absolutely sure that is why it is taking him so long to sign anything.
Join our feisty Kimi Raikkonen group on Facebook
Click and join :D
Click here to follow us on Twitter as well

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by SpaMaster » 05 Oct 2010, 15:10

Hi Soren, nice article there. I like the conviction with which you have posted your opinion. :p I also had the same thought that Kimi might have a long hard look at what a difficult proposition rally is, after Japan. But the problem is it is tough to know what exactly he is thinking right now. We know that he loves rally, and we know that a time would come where he would have to evaluate where he can go from there. May be he wants a second year to evaluate. May be he also realizes that having a second year in rally lowers his F1 comeback chances, and the chances he has taken with rally is already risky. It then becomes a matter of playing the percentage game. It is just tough to read into the situation. From the outset it looks like Kimi wants to be in rally in the hope of becoming a champion there. He is someone supremely confident of his abilities, dog-headed I would say. But this is also decision time, and the smart person in Kimi may also prompt him to make a realistic evaluation, that is not to say a rally championship is not realistic, just that Kimi would have to spend some thought evaluating it. I guess we will know in November/December.
Curious case of Kimi Raikkonen..

SilentKiller
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by SilentKiller » 05 Oct 2010, 15:32

Julia wrote:oh, I just love the way MTV3 tries to squeezes Kimis name in every headline they can... little bit obsessed maybe? :lol:

Renault already focuses on building "Kimi's car"

http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/f1/uutiset.s ... 10/1199407
Lol :lol: already building next years car to convince Kimi that next years car is going to be a race winner.
Well it does seem that they are glorifying Kimi ''hmm''
Maybe the popularity of F1 has taken a hit in Finland after Kimi left and mtv3 are feeling the pain.

Dracaena
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dracaena » 05 Oct 2010, 16:41

Ice-Ludy wrote:@SilentKiller Once it was me who posted the article which upseted you I have the right to speak something. I only posted here because I thought I could share with you guys, because I was angry after reading this and like Linda-Anne have said we could discuss it but I guess I made a mistake. I already saw and read here other negative articles about Kimi so I didn't think it was wrong. Anyway, I just wanna to say I am not going to post anything like that anymore. You don't need to worry!
Ludy, you've done nothing wrong. You didn't write that "article", similar stuff has been posted here before and if someone gets their panties in a twist over this particular one it it's not your problem.

Linda-Anne
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Linda-Anne » 05 Oct 2010, 16:52

Kriss wrote:
Soren wrote:I just posted my review of Rally France. Since the biggest portion of it is concerning his future I thought it would fit here: RALLY FRANCE 2010 – QUE VEUX TU, KIMI?

It was a great article Soreen I would hate to be Kimi having to make the decision. All I know is we will all support him whichever way he turns.

Ice-Ludy
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ice-Ludy » 05 Oct 2010, 16:57

Dracaena wrote:
Ice-Ludy wrote:@SilentKiller Once it was me who posted the article which upseted you I have the right to speak something. I only posted here because I thought I could share with you guys, because I was angry after reading this and like Linda-Anne have said we could discuss it but I guess I made a mistake. I already saw and read here other negative articles about Kimi so I didn't think it was wrong. Anyway, I just wanna to say I am not going to post anything like that anymore. You don't need to worry!
Ludy, you've done nothing wrong. You didn't write that "article", similar stuff has been posted here before and if someone gets their panties in a twist over this particular one it it's not your problem.
Dracaena... :hug:
Octeto Racing Team's Blog: http://www.octetort.com
“Even a small star shines in the darkness”

Ice-Ludy
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ice-Ludy » 05 Oct 2010, 16:58

Linda-Anne wrote:
Kriss wrote:

It was a great article Soreen I would hate to be Kimi having to make the decision. All I know is we will all support him whichever way he turns.
+1 :O

Linda-Anne
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Linda-Anne » 05 Oct 2010, 16:59

Dracaena wrote:
Ludy, amiga.........voce nao errou, todas as palavras nossa amiga Draceana escrive sao as verdades!

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 05 Oct 2010, 17:15

Raikkonen Still Has A Chance: “Performance of driver, first criteria” – Renault F1 Team

Eric Boullier claims that Renault F1 Team will choose the second driver of the team depending on performances, and not depending on the financial interests of the team.

Rober Kubica was confirmed at Renault for the next season, but the French team has not chose yet his team-mate, as they have not yet decided if they give Vitaly Petrov a second chances.

The Russian’s chances to keep his place at Renault have raised after the owner, Gerard Lopes, admitted that the financial aspects will have an essential role when the final decision will be made, and the driver already brought two sponsors for the team: Lada and the sips manufacturer Vyborg Shipyard.

Even so, Eric Boullier claims that the decisive fact will be represented by the driver’s performances, in front of the commercial aspects.

“I know that a Russian driver would be appreciated and Russia holds a huge potential for all companies present in Formula One. However, for us the performance of a driver is still the first criteria – and then the passport. Performance clearly wins over marketing potential because if a driver doesn’t deliver then the marketing potential is also limited,” said the French in an interview for Formula1.com

Talking about the opportunities of signing a contract with the former F1 world champion, Kimi Raikkonen, Boullier said that he has to be sure that the Finn is motivated to comeback in Formula 1 after a season spent in WRC.

“Raikkonen contacted us. But once again, our main issue at the moment is whether we should keep Petrov. Only if this question is negated we will look for replacement. Regarding Kimi, I would have to speak personally with him first, look him in the eyes to see if I see enough motivation there for him to return to Formula One. It doesn’t make sense to hire somebody – even a former world champion – if you cannot be sure that his motivation is still one hundred percent,” Bullier added.
http://www.mibz.com/23621-raikkonen-sti ... -team.html
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Lynx'niK
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Lynx'niK » 05 Oct 2010, 17:22

thank you luieluv ;)

Boullier ... Bu -Bu- Bu, what do you gonna do do do, without Kimi.
I don´t know, but I don´t like the way he talks about a possible?!? company driver - Kimi Räikkönen.

Magic Martin make a move :pray: :pray: :pray:
GOODBYE KIMI
GOODBYE RÄIKKÖNEN

http://www.youtube.com/user/niQlettsche

Ice-Ludy
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ice-Ludy » 05 Oct 2010, 17:28

Lynx'niK wrote:thank you luieluv ;)

Boullier ... Bu -Bu- Bu, what do you gonna do do do, without Kimi.
I don´t know, but I don´t like the way he talks about a possible?!? company driver - Kimi Räikkönen.

Magic Martin make a move :pray: :pray: :pray:
Thanks Luie!!! :O

This Boullier guy is freaking me out!!! Let Kimi alone!!!! :blink:

@Linda_Anne... :hug:

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 05 Oct 2010, 17:39

@ Lynx and Ludy

I guess Eric has done enough to piss kimi and robertson off. What ever little hopes Renault must be having on kimi have now gone down the drain. I Feel.
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Denorth
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Denorth » 05 Oct 2010, 18:17

Soren, the reivew is good, thank you. :thumbsup:

Hearing Mr. Boullion in (I don't know 100th?) time I relaised. All this mantra about Petrov is not for Kimi or Petrov senior. Well, may be for Petrov senior, but first of all - it is for Renault (I am toalking about company not team).
Quote: 'Russia holds a huge potential for all companies present in Formula One' He doesn't give a damn about other companies.
It is all about Renault - I just read that Renault together with Lada and Nissan will be producing something like 500,000 cars a year in Russian factories by 2013. All of them (well, 99%) are for domestic Russian market. Plus import by the same companies. And Russian market is second largest in Europe now.
Lada alone sold something like 220,000 cars in first 6 months of this year...
So, we shouldn't listen to Mr. Soup. it is not for us, not for Kimi. He is looking for the support from Renault.

Now my thoughts about Kimi. I think he made his choice a while ago: he said that he would finish his F1 years in Ferrari, so he won't come back unless it is one of those 'Big' teams.
He knew how difficult WRC is better than anyone of us :O He has an experience of owning the racing team (we all remember Double R Racing that gave a seat to Bruno Senna, don't we?). So he can even go as a privatee in new season, should he want it. So, he must be looking not for the contract with RB or Monster but for the place in the team with a good car. And this is what we all want - him racing in a good car, right?
These Colours Don't Run!

Kimi, Always Kimi

Lynx'niK
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Lynx'niK » 05 Oct 2010, 18:23

luieluv wrote:@ Lynx and Ludy

I guess Eric has done enough to piss kimi and robertson off. What ever little hopes Renault must be having on kimi have now gone down the drain. I Feel.
I guess Kimi don´t care. He survived Ferrari, he´s the man out of ice and steel. And his focus is on Rally now, because the season isn´t finished yet.
Renault, is an option, but it would be definetly a better option with a 'healthy' Bubu&Lopez. Imagine, Kimi driving 2011 Renault and they keep on tellin bulls** :blink:
I would stand it one season, BUT 2012 he should be driving home
Off-Topic: show
I don´t know, WRC finishes before F1, am I right??
GOODBYE KIMI
GOODBYE RÄIKKÖNEN

http://www.youtube.com/user/niQlettsche