Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by Kriss » 04 Oct 2010, 07:31

SilentKiller wrote:Maybe Citroen is offering Kimi rotten peanuts to drive next season, But Kimi, without RB money, thinks he deserves a lot better.
Maybe thats the only reason why he is even remotely considering F1.
Monster is still in the picture :zz:

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 04 Oct 2010, 09:11

SpaMaster wrote: How did I miss that? Thanks, Verena and Kriss. Is Anthony Peacock Red Bull PR person or Kimi's PR person? If he is Red Bull guy, he really talks very nicely of Kimi. I wonder what two F1 deals he knows about! :p WRC deals too. I have to say these rally radio guys understand Kimi very well. They go very easy on him, and rate him and speak of him very highly. I love them.

EDIT: Just saw Julia explaining who Peacock is? (What a nice last name! :p ) Still good because he is appointed by Red Bull. Suggests that Kimi is still favoured by the one man who matters, Mateschitz.

heh, that was the conclusion I think we shouldn't draw from this even I would like to do it also... :O
have tried to figure out his roll in this Kimi-RB thing a longer time now after I started to recognize his surname everywhere involving Kimi-RB-PR (yeah, its a very nice surname!)... and it looks like he is not speaking as a RB person (seems to be a freelancer, one of the guys behind the maxrally.com rallysite) but more like Kimis inofficially spokesperson / or just as a rallyinsider (he seems to be involved in many WRC things..)

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by SpaMaster » 04 Oct 2010, 09:17

I think luie and SilentKiller are spot on here. I think Citroen is offering a seat to Kimi either for none to meager pay or with a personal sponsorship from Kimi. I don't think Kimi would choose Renault over this.

One reason why Kimi could be waiting is this. Red Bull seems to want to wait till F1 season gets over to see if they can force Kimi to F1. Kimi and Robertsons seem to want to see if the end of F1 season will force Red Bull to relax their stance. Ultimately if Kimi wants to be in rally, I think he would definitely find a way to be with one of the two top teams.
Curious case of Kimi Raikkonen..

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 04 Oct 2010, 10:01

luieluv wrote: Thanks. I feel this gives us a very clear picture that Kimi to citroen can still happen. Red Bull may not want to sponsor kimi's seat and pay 8 to 10 millions to him. But I feel citroen would welcome kimi even if he wants to drive. The only problem is that kimi will have to take a huge dip in his income. I am sure if he can generate couple of millions from his personal sponsors, he can get a drive at citroen.
yeah, I have had the same feeling as you and spamaster a longer time now, don't forget Quesnells comments this weekend to Mtv3... both Nogier and Quesnell has repeating the same mantra on every rally since June ... and to me atleast it sounds like they realy like him and want to keep him whit or whit out RB money... I mean if Quesnell is convinced he can find sponsors to pay for Danis seat, so Im sure that citroen and Kimi can together find the sponsors to pay for Kimis seat, OK he can forget the hug F1-type salaries ... But citroen haven't ones even hinted that they only want to keep him if it is a commercial deal ie you have to bring your own sponsor to get a seat with us.

Remember from last spring when one of citroens press releases where their marketing director was thanking that wrc has had a huge innpack on their sales numbers this year in especially europe... and in the same PR thanking Kimi for his courage to join WRC... he is valuable to them.

On the contrary from both Ford/wilson and mini where the messages has been quite clear->he gets the car from us but it has to be a commercial deal. OK, Monster/block seem to be flirting with Kimi so he could probably get Ford drive with Monster backing if he isn't asking for F1-type salaries. :O

Mini then has atleast said they are going to have customercars ready till sweden but in that case there are so many ifs and buts that its hard to say anything about that... :zz:

and F1 offers ( I include RB in this category)... their statements to the press is just part of the F1-show and nothing to do with reality... :lol:

So Kimi just have to figure out what he wants to do, and what he himself prioritize most...
Last edited by Julia on 04 Oct 2010, 10:36, edited 1 time in total.

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 04 Oct 2010, 10:21

Julia wrote:
luieluv wrote: Thanks. I feel this gives us a very clear picture that Kimi to citroen can still happen. Red Bull may not want to sponsor kimi's seat and pay 8 to 10 millions to him. But I feel citroen would welcome kimi even if he wants to drive. The only problem is that kimi will have to take a huge dip in his income. I am sure if he can generate couple of millions from his personal sponsors, he can get a drive at citroen.
yeah, I have had the same feeling as you and spamaster a longer time now, don't forget Quesnells comment this weekend to Mtv3... both Nogier and Quesnell has repeating the same mantra on every rally since June ... and to me atleast it sounds like they want to keep him whit or whit out RB money... I men Quesnell is convinced he can find sponsors to pay for Danis seat I think that citroen and Kimi can together find the sponsors to pay for Kimis seat, OK he can forget the hug F1-type salaries ... But citroen haven't ones even hinted that they only want to keep him if it is a commercial deal ie you have to bring your own sponsor.

Remember from last spring when one of citroens press releases where their marketing director was thanking that wrc has had a huge innpack on their sales numbers this year in especially europe... and in the same PR thanking Kimi for his courage to join WRC... he is valuable to them.

On the contrary from both Ford/wilson and mini messages has been quite clear->he gets the car from us but it has to be a commercial deal. OK, Monster/block seem to be flirting with Kimi so he could probably get Ford drive with Monster backing if he isn't asking for F1-type salaries. :O

Mini then has atleast said they are going to have customercars ready till sweden but in that case there are so many ifs and buts that its hard to say anything about that... :zz:

and F1 offers ( I nclude RB in this category)... their statements to the press is just part of the F1-show and nothing to do with reality... :lol:

So Kimi just have to figure out what he wants to do, and what he himself prioritize most...
Great post. !Great!
I agree to every bit of your thoughts
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

rko281
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by rko281 » 04 Oct 2010, 10:32

Seems that I am one of few people that think Citroen will have Kimi next year only with a major sponsor's back-up. If that is not the case and Kimi wants to remain in rally (as himself implied and Citroen managers also) why do you think the contract is not yet signed? This is what everyone expects, the sponsorship for 2011 to be solved.

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 04 Oct 2010, 10:45

rko281 wrote:Seems that I am one of few people that think Citroen will have Kimi next year only with a major sponsor's back-up. If that is not the case and Kimi wants to remain in rally (as himself implied and Citroen managers also) why do you think the contract is not yet signed? This is what everyone expects, the sponsorship for 2011 to be solved.
because I assume that if its possible Kimi (and I assume also citroen) rather have the citroen/RB deal with a bigger income than a citroen-only deal without RB money... And if RB is ready to pay another year or how much they are ready to pay and when they are going to start to think about it is a complete mystery to atleast to me... the only thing that seems to be sure is that RB hasn't jet decided how much the want to put on the table for next year and they seem not to be ready to do the decision either... :blink:

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 04 Oct 2010, 12:04

Erico keeps repeating the same thing over and over again :zz:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/87189 wrote:Renault boss Eric Boullier says Kimi Raikkonen's interest in the team is flattering and shows that the French squad is on its way up.

"Yes, it is because it shows that the work we've done this season is noticed and that we are considered a challenger for the championship in the future," Boullier told the official Formula 1 website.

Raikkonen has contacted the team with a view of returning to grand prix racing next year following a season in the World Rally Championship.

Boullier insisted he wants to meet Raikkonen face to face to find out about the Finn's motivation to return to Formula 1, but made it clear the team first has to decide whether it will retain Vitaly Petrov or not.

"He contacted us. But once again, our main issue at the moment is whether we should keep Petrov. Only if this question is negated we will look for replacement. Regarding Kimi, I would have to speak personally with him first, look him in the eyes to see if I see enough motivation there for him to return to Formula 1.

"It doesn't make sense to hire somebody - even a former world champion - if you cannot be sure that his motivation is still one hundred percent. Why should you invest in somebody who leaves you guessing?"

Boullier admitted Petrov's financial potential is undeniable, but said the driver's performance will still be the main factor in deciding on his future.

"I know that a Russian driver would be appreciated and Russia holds a huge potential for all companies present in Formula 1," he said. "However, for us the performance of a driver is still the first criteria - and then the passport.

"Performance clearly wins over marketing potential because if a driver doesn't deliver then the marketing potential is also limited. You must never put the cart before the horse, or at least we don't. For a French driver the nationality would similarly not smooth his way into the cockpit if he was lacking performance."

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 04 Oct 2010, 12:18

...and the lates news/answer/comment sponsord by guess who?!
Hint 1) look at the country from where the original article is publiced
Hint 2) look at the picture (where he likes to spend time) and who have been so nice to provide a picture for the article

He seem to have the same mantra as on other Austrian:
1) don't fool whit that coming back to F1 with Renault,
2) You love it there in WRC
3) your crashing to much (for your salary... lower your demands)

.... do I need to say more... :zz:

here a English summary:
http://www.f1reports.com/f1/article/7767/
Lauda scoffs at Raikkonen return reports

Oct.4 (GMM) Niki Lauda has scoffed at suggestions Kimi Raikkonen might seriously be considering a return to formula one next year.

The 2007 world champion's rally contract with Citroen is nearing an end, amid speculation that a seat next year with Renault is a possibility.

"Never ever," triple world champion Lauda, 61, told the Austrian newspaper Osterreich.

"One hears that he is enjoying himself more than ever. He's not serious enough to think about coming back to formula one," said the Austrian.

Lauda also criticised the Finn for "not achieving very much" during his debut season in the world rally championship this year.
Last edited by Julia on 04 Oct 2010, 13:03, edited 4 times in total.

saif
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by saif » 04 Oct 2010, 12:35

Niki Lauda always has to say something :p
Whats the purpose of life? Is Life Just A Game? Find out the answers: http://www.OneReason.org/

http://www.twitter.com/saifsultan

Lynx'niK
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Lynx'niK » 04 Oct 2010, 12:36

But the picture is 'old'. Hmm, I don´t get it, why Lauda has to make such a comment, I guess he has too much free-time. He won´t go to Suzuka bcause he wants to be with his son who had become a daddy one week ago, but he still has time to make comments. . .

Red Bull seems to play mind-games atm. WTH are they planning? If Kimi is a stupid, expensive horse, like they [at least Senor Marko] think, just say, Kimi it´s over! But still they´re saying '....mumble ... We focus on f1 and will think twice about wrc and Kimi'
????

And Enrico is a wanna be. i don´t get his philosophy, even a not motivated Kimi is faster than Petrov and can overtake him every lap Flag:##
GOODBYE KIMI
GOODBYE RÄIKKÖNEN

http://www.youtube.com/user/niQlettsche

saif
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by saif » 04 Oct 2010, 12:46

Lynx'niK wrote: I guess he has too much free-time.
he needs a job :p
Whats the purpose of life? Is Life Just A Game? Find out the answers: http://www.OneReason.org/

http://www.twitter.com/saifsultan

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 04 Oct 2010, 12:48

saif wrote:
oh, well maybe RB can give him a consult job... he seem to enjoy spending time at their place in Austria. :roll::

rko281
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by rko281 » 04 Oct 2010, 12:49

saif wrote:
he has one, he is on RTL pre and post races comentary. So, that's why you see quotes from him, people ask him questions related to F1 (it's the same with Coulthard, Eddie Jordan).

miezicat
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by miezicat » 04 Oct 2010, 13:32

Julia wrote:...and the lates news/answer/comment sponsord by guess who?!
Hint 1) look at the country from where the original article is publiced
Hint 2) look at the picture (where he likes to spend time) and who have been so nice to provide a picture for the article

He seem to have the same mantra as on other Austrian:
1) don't fool whit that coming back to F1 with Renault,
2) You love it there in WRC
3) your crashing to much (for your salary... lower your demands)

.... do I need to say more... :zz:

here a English summary:
http://www.f1reports.com/f1/article/7767/
Lauda scoffs at Raikkonen return reports

Oct.4 (GMM) Niki Lauda has scoffed at suggestions Kimi Raikkonen might seriously be considering a return to formula one next year.

The 2007 world champion's rally contract with Citroen is nearing an end, amid speculation that a seat next year with Renault is a possibility.

"Never ever," triple world champion Lauda, 61, told the Austrian newspaper Osterreich.

"One hears that he is enjoying himself more than ever. He's not serious enough to think about coming back to formula one," said the Austrian.

Lauda also criticised the Finn for "not achieving very much" during his debut season in the world rally championship this year.
like Lynx'niK said, the picture is old and has no connection to the article. it was probably made at a red bull energy station at any race. I read the original article yesterday but didn't thought it's worth translating. the interview is about F1 and one question was about Kimi. Lauda is talking a lot of s*** sometimes but really you interpret too much in it. he has nothing to do with Red Bull. so let him talk :O