Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by Kriss » 03 Oct 2010, 11:41

here is the oroginal article:

http://www.rmc.fr/editorial/128968/citr ... raikkonen/

can someone help to translate them? :hug:

Anelise
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Anelise » 03 Oct 2010, 11:41

Moominpappa wrote:
It's nice that Citroen boss still wants that Kimi will drive in his team also next year. Kimi must make his own decision soon.
Many thanks Moominpappa! :thumbsup:

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 03 Oct 2010, 11:42

It sounded a bit like the Citroen boss was annoyed that Kimi was taking so long to decide. Maybe I read it the wrong way? :confused:

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 03 Oct 2010, 11:45

Moominpappa wrote:
It's nice that Citroen boss still wants that Kimi will drive in his team also next year. Kimi must make his own decision soon.
according to the MTV3 article it sounds like it has to be Kimi's decision :huh:
that Red Bull PR person said yesterday that Kimi has a couple of offers from F1 and rally and Kimi has to choose
Kimi said earlier that if it was up to him he would already signed a contract :huh:

sammyosammy
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sammyosammy » 03 Oct 2010, 13:40

Kriss wrote:
Moominpappa wrote:
that Red Bull PR person said yesterday that Kimi has a couple of offers from F1 and rally and Kimi has to choose
Kimi said earlier that if it was up to him he would already signed a contract :huh:
Pls, could I have the source, I´ve been kind of "out" for the weekend.. :hug:

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 03 Oct 2010, 13:58

sammyosammy wrote:
Kriss wrote:
Moominpappa wrote:

It was an interview on rally radio, miezicat recorded it
http://www.mediafire.com/?3addntbh6g87zu8

sammyosammy
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sammyosammy » 03 Oct 2010, 14:26

Kriss wrote:
sammyosammy wrote:
Kriss wrote:
Moominpappa wrote:

Both of You - thank You!

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 03 Oct 2010, 14:44

Kriss wrote:
sammyosammy wrote:
Kriss wrote:
Moominpappa wrote:

before somebody draws wrong conlusions (maybe?): Peacock isn't RB:s official spokesperson, he is a person RB have hired to do a lot off kimis PR-aktivites for them (pressreleases, articles, talk nicely about Kimi when Kimi himself isn't in the mood to talk to the rallyradio :O )

and he also said that there are also much things outside Kimis controll which decide his future its not just in Kimis hands...

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by SpaMaster » 04 Oct 2010, 00:45

Kriss wrote:
sammyosammy wrote:
Kriss wrote:
Moominpappa wrote:

How did I miss that? Thanks, Verena and Kriss. Is Anthony Peacock Red Bull PR person or Kimi's PR person? If he is Red Bull guy, he really talks very nicely of Kimi. I wonder what two F1 deals he knows about! :p WRC deals too. I have to say these rally radio guys understand Kimi very well. They go very easy on him, and rate him and speak of him very highly. I love them.

EDIT: Just saw Julia explaining who Peacock is? (What a nice last name! :p ) Still good because he is appointed by Red Bull. Suggests that Kimi is still favoured by the one man who matters, Mateschitz.
Curious case of Kimi Raikkonen..

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 04 Oct 2010, 03:14

http://www.autohebdo.fr/rallye/wrc/arti ... on-de-kimi

Its the same thing about what we heard on Rally radio but still a translation would help.
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

rko281
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by rko281 » 04 Oct 2010, 04:35

luieluv wrote:http://www.autohebdo.fr/rallye/wrc/arti ... on-de-kimi

Its the same thing about what we heard on Rally radio but still a translation would help.
I translated just the quotes from Benoit Nogier :
"Until now there is no contract for the next season between Kimi and us, he showed a certain satisfaction about what he is doing and also a desire to continue. Right now he is in charge of his own destiny and he is the one who needs to tell us if he wants to continue with us next year. We will be very happy if he decides to continue with us."

According to Nogier it's not so urgent for Kimi to make a decision: "There is no deadline. It's still early in the season to talk about this. It's true that as days go by, when we get at that point he will have to make a decision".

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 04 Oct 2010, 05:39

rko281 wrote:
luieluv wrote:http://www.autohebdo.fr/rallye/wrc/arti ... on-de-kimi

I translated just the quotes from Benoit Nogier :
"Until now there is no contract for the next season between Kimi and us, he showed a certain satisfaction about what he is doing and also a desire to continue. Right now he is in charge of his own destiny and he is the one who needs to tell us if he wants to continue with us next year. We will be very happy if he decides to continue with us."

According to Nogier it's not so urgent for Kimi to make a decision: "There is no deadline. It's still early in the season to talk about this. It's true that as days go by, when we get at that point he will have to make a decision".
Thanks. I feel this gives us a very clear picture that Kimi to citroen can still happen. Red Bull may not want to sponsor kimi's seat and pay 8 to 10 millions to him. But I feel citroen would welcome kimi even if he wants to drive. The only problem is that kimi will have to take a huge dip in his income. I am sure if he can generate couple of millions from his personal sponsors, he can get a drive at citroen.
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

SilentKiller
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by SilentKiller » 04 Oct 2010, 07:24

Maybe Citroen is offering Kimi rotten peanuts to drive next season, But Kimi, without RB money, thinks he deserves a lot better.
Maybe thats the only reason why he is even remotely considering F1.

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 04 Oct 2010, 07:29

it's the same artile
Citroen waiting for Raikkonen's F1 decision

Citroen is waiting for Kimi Raikkonen to decide whether to stay with the French marque in the world rally championship next year.

The Finn is reportedly considering returning to Formula One in 2011 with Renault, while some insiders believe he is much more likely to stay at least another season in his new discipline.

Benoit Nogier, team manager at the Citroen Junior Team, said the door is open for the 30-year-old.

"At the moment there is no commitment from Kimi for next year," he told French radio RMC.

"Up to now he has showed appreciation for what he is doing and the desire to continue.

"He is the master of his destiny so it's up to him to tell us if he wants to be with us next year or not. I will be very happy to welcome him if he wants to continue," added Nogier.

He said there is no great rush for Raikkonen to decide.

"We're not talking about a deadline because it's too early. As the days go by you eventually reach the time to make a decision," he explained.
http://motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=389831&FS=F1

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 04 Oct 2010, 07:29

If Kimi wants the winner car, Citroen seems to be the best choice. I don't think that Kimi compare salaries between F1 and WRC.
I miss a babysitter