Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
sammyosammy
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by sammyosammy » 27 Sep 2010, 21:03

Boudica wrote:
Wolfie wrote:
Boudica wrote:Thanks Nikki, but it doesn't really sound all that positive to me.
Really Boudica :blink:

It looked like he knew himself how ridiculous it sounds that Kimi should have done better this rookie-year and remember how we had no idea of what was going on last year?

They might come out with something explosive soon :cool:
Okay you guys have seen the interview, perhaps the message is different when you see the interview. But something is definitely going on.
It is totally different. Tried to dig it out from their sites but they do not serve us with a stream. Remember my pessimism..? it´s gone by for now :)

Nighty people, some client-kind of stuff in the morning to come..

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by SpaMaster » 27 Sep 2010, 21:20

Kriss wrote:
Finally, a third possibility exists of Raikkonen either taking a sabbatical or retiring from motorsport totally – as he considered at this time last year when his future was uncertain.
Image Image
Anelise wrote:Nicole, the same article that you translated is in Official site!
http://www.kimiraikkonen.com/
it is really strange :huh: usually there are no articles on his site :confused:
why this one and why now :huh:
Seriously Mr. Robertson, why do you put that on his website? :lol:
Curious case of Kimi Raikkonen..

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by SpaMaster » 27 Sep 2010, 21:35

sammyosammy wrote: The RBR-part above..somehow I have this childish trust on Robertsons and Kimster. And mr. Marko only answered to me this evening; they are bounded, bounded big time. The man who gave the interview to MTV3 was not the angry bear we´ve read earlier comments from. That is for sure.

I also had a very strong dream some days ago. Can´t really tell what it was all about since don´t remember it that good. It was not sexistic, not a nightmare but a very strong one.. there were storms and stuff like that but I wasn´t afraid of anything and for anyone :)

What it comes to Apple, I´ll PM You..
Okay, some crazy stuff happening in the world of Kimi. Marko comes out and says they wanted Kimi to drive for their F1 team in 2010 and Kimi was the one who insisted to go rallying. Now, this news on Kimi's site.

As much as I think Kimi wants to succeed in rally and go for a second year, I think he has some reservation on how far he could go. At this moment he is far behind as expected, but may be he realizes this is very difficult having experienced it.

I am going out on a limp and say something. I think Webber may not drive for Red Bull next year. If he wins the WDC he might retire, and he might have probably told the team about it. If he does not win, he would probably be fired. So the team knows either way Webber won't be there, and they may have contacted Kimi for an F1 seat next year. An offer too good to resist for the second time for Kimi? Particularly having gone through the rigours of WRC, he knows what it takes to reach the top there.

If Webber loses the title from here, Red Bull is not going to be happy. He has had what one minor mechanical issue in the fastest car this year? That gear box change in Canada where he was back to front from P7 in no time any way after the race started. So, with almost no reliability issues, and considering how much he has slated the team in public, I won't be surprised if Red Bull decides to let him go after the season.
Last edited by SpaMaster on 27 Sep 2010, 21:42, edited 2 times in total.

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by SpaMaster » 27 Sep 2010, 21:40

Wolfie wrote:Here is the whole interview - please note that they would have had a seat for him this season but all of a sudden all seats are taken :p
Red Bull was interested in hiring Räikkönen when it was clear that he wouldn't continue with Ferrari. The negotiations fell apart when it became obvious that Räikkönen wants to go rallying. Now Helmut Marko admits that Kimi's results in rally have been a disappointment to the sponsor.

Oskari Saari:
Helmut Marko is a man who's words weigh a lot. They claim that Marko practically dictates which drivers drive in Red Bull's F1-team. Marko is also a very straightforward man. Red Bull is considering withdrawing from Räikkönen's rally-project. The reason is also clear:

Helmut Marko:
Kimi has had a few crashes and if you have crashes you don't bring results and therefore the output or the PR wasn't as good as we expected.

Oskari Saari:
So you were hoping for better results already?

Helmut Marko:
Yes. Sometimes he had best sector times or best stage time but as you mentioned before, it's difficult to read Red Bull upside down. We were in contact with him and he made quite clear that he wants to go to rally at the moment and we accepted that and we made a deal and as you know he did this season in rally-cars and now we have to see what happens in the future.

For the next season all our seats are gone and therefore we can't discuss anything.
We accepted that? So what did you want originally, Dr. Marko? Since the 'accepted' project has not gone well, do you want him to consider your original project? :lol: OMG, this is fun. As much as I want Kimi to succeed in rally, this is sounding more and more like F1 to me.

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 27 Sep 2010, 21:40

i like it spamaster fits very well
when i know it...........K.Raikkonen

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 27 Sep 2010, 21:40

SpaMaster wrote:
sammyosammy wrote: The RBR-part above..somehow I have this childish trust on Robertsons and Kimster. And mr. Marko only answered to me this evening; they are bounded, bounded big time. The man who gave the interview to MTV3 was not the angry bear we´ve read earlier comments from. That is for sure.

I also had a very strong dream some days ago. Can´t really tell what it was all about since don´t remember it that good. It was not sexistic, not a nightmare but a very strong one.. there were storms and stuff like that but I wasn´t afraid of anything and for anyone :)

Okay, some crazy stuff happening in the world of Kimi. Marko comes out and says they wanted Kimi to drive for their F1 team in 2010 and Kimi was the one who insisted to go rallying. Now, this news on Kimi's site.

As much as I think Kimi wants to succeed in rally and go for a second year, I think he has some reservation on how far he could go. At this moment he is far behind as expected, but I don't know if he realizes this is very difficult.

I am going out on a limp and say something. I think Webber may not drive for Red Bull next year. If he wins the WDC he might retire, and he might have probably told the team about it. If he does not win, he would probably be fired. So the team knows either way Webber won't be there, and they may have contacted Kimi for an F1 seat next year. An offer too good to resist for the second time for Kimi? Particularly having gone through the rigours of WRC, he knows what it takes to reach the top there.

If Webber loses the title from here, Red Bull is not going to be happy. He has had what one minor mechanical issue in the fastest car this year? That gear box change in Canada where he was back to front from P7 in no time any way after the race started. So, with almost no reliability issues, and considering how much he has slated the team in public, I won't be surprised if Red Bull decides to let him go after the season.
Your idea would be a real dream come true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yes, yes, yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!let's keep our fingers crossed ( even if I would like him to stay in WRC but with more luck...)

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 27 Sep 2010, 21:43

the one thing that struck me this weekend gp was how calm SV was. its almost like he knows something.....

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by SpaMaster » 27 Sep 2010, 21:52

Maria d wrote:the one thing that struck me this weekend gp was how calm SV was. its almost like he knows something.....
I think he has succumbed to the fact it is a difficult proposition being 21 pts behind. I think he has decided to not feel pressurized, just go all out and see what happens. I think he is in that mindset now. That's why he looks relaxed. He might be guessing about Webber like we all do, but I doubt he knows anything. I like that he is calm now. He was driving on the edge all the time during last weekend. That hold-up behind Schumacher during the first Q3 run probably made him push a bit too much during the second run. But he was a joy to watch reeling that RBR to its ragged limit throughout the weekend. I expect him to be very strong in the remainder of the races. Didn't he say jokingly "We are Red Bull. We would be fast every where. Do I sound horny?" when the podium-finishers were asked about how the remaining circuits would be for their teams? :lol:

Boudica
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Boudica » 27 Sep 2010, 21:56

SpaMaster wrote:

As much as I think Kimi wants to succeed in rally and go for a second year, I think he has some reservation on how far he could go. At this moment he is far behind as expected, but may be he realizes this is very difficult having seen it first hand.

Yes, this might just be a real possibility. Red Bull actually might have a bit of a problem, people tend to forget that they also had a very fast car last year, if Lewis, Alonso or Kimi were driving that car they might actually have won the championship. This year they have the best car, if their drivers cant win the WDC with the best car at their disposal how are they ever going to do it? Next year year Mclaren or Ferrari might have better cars, then they will be totally lost, they would need someone who can fight against Lewis and Alonso. Whether other people like to admit it or not, the truth is that Kimi is the only one who has managed to beat them on equal footing. I like Vettel but I think he was placed in the Red Bull team to soon, he needs time to mature.
But irrespective of Kimi or not, if Red Bull doesn't win the championship in the best car, I expect to see some action at Red Bull.

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 27 Sep 2010, 22:47

i agree with you 100% Boudica

Ice-Ludy
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ice-Ludy » 28 Sep 2010, 00:11

Maria d wrote:i agree with you 100% Boudica
Me too! :thumbsup:
Octeto Racing Team's Blog: http://www.octetort.com
“Even a small star shines in the darkness”

icemaid
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by icemaid » 28 Sep 2010, 00:32

Kimi has experience with KERS.
They will be using KERS for F1 next year right? :huh:
Ah...both Webber & Vettel have no experience with KERS... ''hmm''

brendakarli
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by brendakarli » 28 Sep 2010, 01:35

sammyosammy wrote:
Wolfie wrote:Sammy, does this mean that they were offering Kimi Mark's seat in 2010? That's what I understood.
No, they offered him a seat. Not necessary Mark´s. But he said they offered him a seat. Made it loud & clear. Why oh why in the hell Mr. Raikkonen keeps on saying he is not in a rush? Why? Cause he is not in a rush..
Sammy,

U r too cute...yes, kimi keeps saying how he is in NO rush

I just wanted to remind everyone that someday our hero(s) will retire, step down, depart from this earth and what have u. we may never agree that the time was right to call it quits etc but we have to respect time, fate and that we cannot control things beyond us. I have come to accept that he may leave us for good after this year. we'll always find some other hero to support no matter the profession. I wish nothing but happiness and the best for kimi, so if he still maintains that he is in no rush, then it must be so. Perhaps he really has a lot of other things on his mind. and even if it may never involve any of his fans, we must be happy for him if he is happy with his decisions.

Frankly, I have become so sick of all the speculations etc. I kind of expected we would step into all these eggshells when kimi kept saying the contract is only for one year. plus we saw even his 3 year contract with ferrari was broken. I have missed him dearly on my big screen TV and in a way, this might have just been preparing me for the day I don't hear/see anything about our hero anymore ::oops:; Now I know what schummy fans had been through...
The JINX

Ice-Ludy
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ice-Ludy » 28 Sep 2010, 02:10

brendakarli wrote:
sammyosammy wrote:
Wolfie wrote:Sammy, does this mean that they were offering Kimi Mark's seat in 2010? That's what I understood.
No, they offered him a seat. Not necessary Mark´s. But he said they offered him a seat. Made it loud & clear. Why oh why in the hell Mr. Raikkonen keeps on saying he is not in a rush? Why? Cause he is not in a rush..
Sammy,

U r too cute...yes, kimi keeps saying how he is in NO rush

I just wanted to remind everyone that someday our hero(s) will retire, step down, depart from this earth and what have u. we may never agree that the time was right to call it quits etc but we have to respect time, fate and that we cannot control things beyond us. I have come to accept that he may leave us for good after this year. we'll always find some other hero to support no matter the profession. I wish nothing but happiness and the best for kimi, so if he still maintains that he is in no rush, then it must be so. Perhaps he really has a lot of other things on his mind. and even if it may never involve any of his fans, we must be happy for him if he is happy with his decisions.

Frankly, I have become so sick of all the speculations etc. I kind of expected we would step into all these eggshells when kimi kept saying the contract is only for one year. plus we saw even his 3 year contract with ferrari was broken. I have missed him dearly on my big screen TV and in a way, this might have just been preparing me for the day I don't hear/see anything about our hero anymore ::oops:; Now I know what schummy fans had been through...
I agree you with you Brenda! And I must say I am already preparing myself if he decides for retirement. Of course it´s not what I want (I want him in the WRC) but like you said, we must respect his decision, not matter what decision he takes! :(

At least this time we have each other here! :hug: Since last year we have been through so many speculations, rumours, negative media, problems to find a place for us to feel confortable with. I guess we can feel ourselves lucky to have this great place where we can talk to each other, to express our feelings, to share our thoughts and opinions! :shhh:
Octeto Racing Team's Blog: http://www.octetort.com
“Even a small star shines in the darkness”