Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by luieluv » 27 Sep 2010, 18:51

square wrote:Hi guys, I'm new to this forum :wave: been reading for a while and finally decided to register :blush:

I've found this german article by a columnist and there's a paragraph about Kimi's future; I translated it but there are some parts that I don't get respectively are new to me...

http://www.motorsport-total.com/f1/news ... 92714.html
"He's never going to come back to Formula 1", I was told by a well informed acquaintance with a central european passport. "Renault just brought the Robertsons' approach up to make pressure on Petrov who hadn't payed his second rate." And few days later a russian sponsor showed up and the rumours about Räikkönen went silent. Coincidence?
Red Bull doesn't even want to let the "Iceman" test. "The testing restrictions are so harsh that we need to use every single kilometre for the drivers we have under contract", Helmut Marko explains. Red Bull is also disappointed with the publicity created by Räikkönen and therefore they are even thinking about not to sponsor his career in Rally anymore. So Kimi can choose: He either picks MINI or he knocks at Monster-Ford's door - or his austrain firend Willi Opitz sends him few bottles Silver Lake wine and he takes care of saving his marriage with Jenni.
Maybe I missed something, but the testing part is completely new to me, and I also don't know who that central european acquaintance might be... :huh:

Also don't know how reliable this might be, but I thought it could be interesting to share with you...
welcome square. The testing part is that kimi has already used his 15 days of allotted period of testing during the season in WRC. I guess this person seems unaware of this and has concluded that Red Bull does not want Iceman want to test. This is utter garbage of a thought from that german columnist. Ideally very few F1 columnist actually have sligltest idea of the WRC happenings. even some one like Jonathan noble did not want to respond to a rally related question regarding kimi and he said only david evans who is their rally man would be able to talk about that.

I mean thats a level of professionalism and being true to your knowledge of that particular sport. I wonder this chap does know the proceedings in WRC.
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 27 Sep 2010, 18:55

luieluv wrote:
square wrote:Hi guys, I'm new to this forum :wave: been reading for a while and finally decided to register :blush:

I've found this german article by a columnist and there's a paragraph about Kimi's future; I translated it but there are some parts that I don't get respectively are new to me...

"He's never going to come back to Formula 1", I was told by a well informed acquaintance with a central european passport. "Renault just brought the Robertsons' approach up to make pressure on Petrov who hadn't payed his second rate." And few days later a russian sponsor showed up and the rumours about Räikkönen went silent. Coincidence?
Red Bull doesn't even want to let the "Iceman" test. "The testing restrictions are so harsh that we need to use every single kilometre for the drivers we have under contract", Helmut Marko explains. Red Bull is also disappointed with the publicity created by Räikkönen and therefore they are even thinking about not to sponsor his career in Rally anymore. So Kimi can choose: He either picks MINI or he knocks at Monster-Ford's door - or his austrain firend Willi Opitz sends him few bottles Silver Lake wine and he takes care of saving his marriage with Jenni.
Maybe I missed something, but the testing part is completely new to me, and I also don't know who that central european acquaintance might be... :huh:

Also don't know how reliable this might be, but I thought it could be interesting to share with you...
welcome square. The testing part is that kimi has already used his 15 days of allotted period of testing during the season in WRC. I guess this person seems unaware of this and has concluded that Red Bull does not want Iceman want to test. This is utter garbage of a thought from that german columnist. Ideally very few F1 columnist actually have sligltest idea of the WRC happenings. even some one like Jonathan noble did not want to respond to a rally related question regarding kimi and he said only david evans who is their rally man would be able to talk about that.

I mean thats a level of professionalism and being true to your knowledge of that particular sport. I wonder this chap does know the proceedings in WRC.
Well actually I interpreted it to mean that Red Bull F1 team will not let Kimi test their F1 car because testing days are so limited, which is expected, not really anything controversial there. :huh:

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 27 Sep 2010, 18:55

welcome square :wave:

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 27 Sep 2010, 18:58

sleenster wrote:
luieluv wrote:

Well actually I interpreted it to mean that Red Bull F1 team will not let Kimi test their F1 car because testing days are so limited, which is expected, not really anything controversial there. :huh:
perhaps i have interpreted incorrectly then but why would they let kimi test f1 car. For all we know there must have not been any talks between kimi's management and red bull for a seat next season.
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 27 Sep 2010, 19:00

The t**** at Mtv3 just cant stay without publishing negative stuff about kimi :

http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/f1/uutiset.s ... 09/1194688

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 27 Sep 2010, 19:02

luieluv wrote: perhaps i have interpreted incorrectly then but why would they let kimi test f1 car. For all we know there must have not been any talks between kimi's management and red bull for a seat next season.
Well maybe the Robertsons asked the Red Bull F1 team for a test and they didn't want to let him so that ended the talks and rumours?

square
kart driver
kart driver

Post by square » 27 Sep 2010, 19:02

luieluv wrote: welcome square. The testing part is that kimi has already used his 15 days of allotted period of testing during the season in WRC. I guess this person seems unaware of this and has concluded that Red Bull does not want Iceman want to test. This is utter garbage of a thought from that german columnist. Ideally very few F1 columnist actually have sligltest idea of the WRC happenings. even some one like Jonathan noble did not want to respond to a rally related question regarding kimi and he said only david evans who is their rally man would be able to talk about that.

Yes, that's what got me so confused because what does Helmut Marko have to do with WRC testing? :huh: I was also thinking about testing in Formula 1 but that doesn't make sense either...
Somebody is mixing things up, either that strange columnist or Marko (well, wouldn't be the first time).

I somehow wish I didn't read that article because now I'm even more confused :confused:

And thank you all for your warm welcome. :)

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 27 Sep 2010, 19:06

square, did you see this article? What does it say?

http://www.motorsport-total.com/rallye/ ... 92405.html

sammyosammy
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sammyosammy » 27 Sep 2010, 19:10

luieluv wrote:The t**** at Mtv3 just cant stay without publishing negative stuff about kimi :

http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/f1/uutiset.s ... 09/1194688
Digging old news and serving them totally out of context. I´ve paid for MTV3 MAX since the beginning of the channel. But all this sh*t when it comes to Kimi..
I don´t believe in "one man´s protests". So what to do? Anybody?

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 27 Sep 2010, 19:12

sleenster wrote:square, did you see this article? What does it say?

surprisingly the google translation is pretty good from German to English

square
kart driver
kart driver

Post by square » 27 Sep 2010, 19:16

Nothing new, they are speculating about WRC, a break or retirement. They ruled out Formula 1 because Gerard Lopez doesn't want to pay Kimi high salary and Renault just wanted to set Petrov under pressure.
It says that Red Bull isn't happy with his first season and might stop to sponsor him, but that he and Kaj still have many doors open, such as Monster or Mini.
They quoted Kimi; "I'm having fun but I still haven't decided what to do in my future" and that he isn't in a hurry to decide.
The article also quotes someone saying "Kimi's thoughts are somewhere else" and that he has problemes concerning his private life.

I don't know why they stick so much to his private life, are they referring to that blackmailing thing? :confused:

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 27 Sep 2010, 19:18

square wrote:

Nothing new, they are speculating about WRC, a break or retirement. They ruled out Formula 1 because Gerard Lopez doesn't want to pay Kimi high salary and Renault just wanted to set Petrov under pressure.
It says that Red Bull isn't happy with his first season and might stop to sponsor him, but that he and Kaj still have many doors open, such as Monster or Mini.
They quoted Kimi; "I'm having fun but I still haven't decided what to do in my future" and that he isn't in a hurry to decide.
The article also quotes someone saying "Kimi's thoughts are somewhere else" and that he has problemes concerning his private life.

I don't know why they stick so much to his private life, are they referring to that blackmailing thing? :confused:
Thanks. The previous article also talked about him "saving" his marriage so I don't know if there is a problem there? :confused:

miezicat
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by miezicat » 27 Sep 2010, 19:19

sleenster wrote:
luieluv wrote: perhaps i have interpreted incorrectly then but why would they let kimi test f1 car. For all we know there must have not been any talks between kimi's management and red bull for a seat next season.
Well maybe the Robertsons asked the Red Bull F1 team for a test and they didn't want to let him so that ended the talks and rumours?
Marko was asked about that in the interview here http://www.motorsport-total.com/f1/news ... 92218.html
here is the translation again, I posted it last week
Question: "In the Red Bull family there is with Kimi Raikkonen a very interesting driver. Mark Webber has signed only a one-year contract. Does Kimi belong to the drivers who would come into consideration for 2012 as his successor?"
Marko: "That's not a question because his interest is clearly in rallying."

Q: Is it possible that he will test one day in the winter times, just for fun? "
Marko: "No, because the restrictions are so tough that we must use every mile with the drivers, which are under contract."

Question: "Red Bull is the main financier of his involvement in the World Rally Championship. Are you satisfied with it, also with the publicity?"
Marko: "We are very, very happy with Loeb and Ogier. We didn't get that much publicity by Raikkonen as we expected, but it is also related to the fact that he has quite often accidents and the results are missing. If the sporting success is there, then the advertising effect is there too. This goes hand in hand. "

Question: "What is the prospect for Kimi in the World Rally Championship? Will he continue with Citroen?
Marko: "Currently, formula one has the priority. From down there further decisions will be made."

miezicat
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by miezicat » 27 Sep 2010, 19:28

square wrote:

can't be that because he is writing about rumours. anyway I don't believe it because that guy who wrote the article always writes bad articles about Kimi and it's not the first time he says that there are rumours about his private life :<>:

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 27 Sep 2010, 19:33

Helmut Marko said on MTV3's interview that they wanted Kimi in their F1-car in 2010 but Kimi said that he wants to go rallying instead.

Now they are disappointed with his PR-value.
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL