Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
rko281
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by rko281 » 25 Sep 2010, 15:40

I said it before, Renault would be the worst move in Kimi's entire career. Even if they will have a good car at the beginning of the season, in no way they would be able to keep up over an entire season with Ferrari, Mclaren, RedBull and Mercedes in 2011.
To come back and race in a car that would be on podiums only IF something happens to few cars in front is not a smart move. To leave Ferrari and come back in Renault is a step back, I mean 2-3steps back.
Kubica is there only until some seat opens in a top team, that's why he signed with them. All this "we are building a team around Robert" is bull***, he will leave as soon as possible.

P.S. Take it from someone who said last year that he won't go to Mclaren, who bet on Alonso for pole in Monza and also today in Singapore... :lol: and the list can continue ...

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 25 Sep 2010, 16:14

I think Kimi should asses Renault and Eric Boullier's motivation and not the other way round :lol: :lol:
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Boudica
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Boudica » 25 Sep 2010, 16:14

SilentKiller wrote:For those who want Kimi to Reno in 2011.......Petrov crashes in Quali again.
Kimi will not join Renault and they might as well quit their ridiculous PR propaganda, they need Kimi a lot more then he needs them. :lol:

Boudica
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Boudica » 25 Sep 2010, 16:21

luieluv wrote:I think Kimi should asses Renault and Eric Boullier's motivation and not the other way round :lol: :lol:
Indeed :lol:

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 25 Sep 2010, 16:47

thanks Wolfie :hug:

Nice of the drivers to say something about Kimi´s possible return. Kimi wouldn´t have said a word if he was asked about another driver :p

Hmm all drivers are speaking positive :)

But Dyer is right: Kimi does what he thinks is best for him :)
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by SpaMaster » 26 Sep 2010, 02:03

Boudica wrote:
SilentKiller wrote:For those who want Kimi to Reno in 2011.......Petrov crashes in Quali again.
Kimi will not join Renault and they might as well quit their ridiculous PR propaganda, they need Kimi a lot more then he needs them. :lol:
Wait till Kimi comes out and says 'I never talked to Renault'. :lol:
Curious case of Kimi Raikkonen..

SilentKiller
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by SilentKiller » 26 Sep 2010, 06:25

I think there an article in TS that says Petrov is 99.99% sure to drive in Reno nxt year. And Kimi may drive a Ford next year thanks to Monster.

And I am the only one who voted "WRC with Monster" :p

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 26 Sep 2010, 06:32

SilentKiller wrote:I think there an article in TS that says Petrov is 99.99% sure to drive in Reno nxt year. And Kimi may drive a Ford next year thanks to Monster.

And i am the only one to vote for Ford :p
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 26 Sep 2010, 06:59

SpaMaster wrote:
Boudica wrote:
Wait till Kimi comes out and says 'I never talked to Renault'. :lol:
He will say it I'm sure! Probably already at Rally France! :lol:
SilentKiller wrote:And Kimi may drive a Ford next year thanks to Monster.
Okay!!! :n :thumbsup:

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 26 Sep 2010, 07:37

SilentKiller wrote:I think there an article in TS that says Petrov is 99.99% sure to drive in Reno nxt year. And Kimi may drive a Ford next year thanks to Monster.

wow, you mean this one?

http://www.ts.fi/f1/kolumnit/161989.html

could somebody please translate it, it sounded serious, did I understand correctly that RB is maybe whit drawing from rally altogether from? renault hasnt money to employ kimi (and they are not good enough) and even the bernie have called Kimi personally...

can somebody please translate???? :pray:

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 26 Sep 2010, 07:45

Julia wrote:

wow, you mean this one?

http://www.ts.fi/f1/kolumnit/161989.html

could somebody please translate it, it sounded serious, did I understand correctly that RB is maybe whit drawing from rally altogether from? renault hasnt money to employ kimi (and they are not good enough) and even the bernie have called Kimi personally...

can somebody please translate???? :pray:
+1!!

Yes please help :pray: google translate is producing absolute gibberish for that page.

But the article seems to indicate that Red Bull wants to withdraw from rallying altogether and not even sponsor the two Sebs, which is not really any of Kimi's fault.

Dracaena
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dracaena » 26 Sep 2010, 08:17

Million dollars and a bird sign

Singapore GP colum 25.9,

The Finnish flag is not waving as impressively at F1 venues as it used to but our small country has still not been completely forgotten in these circles.

Bernie Ecclestone himself revealed to a British journalist friend of mine that he's talked to Kimi Räikkönen about a comeback to F1 circuits. Apparently it's not looking good. Kimi is expensive and Renault can't afford him.

Kimi has a lot of fans but he's not a cash magnet equivalent to Michael Schumacher so there's a limit to what amount of money teams will try to lure him away from rally with.

But at the paddock people are on their toes wondering whether the 2007 world champion will get excited about coming back. Every other person I know first says hello and then asks what a Finnish reporter thinks Räikkönen will do.

Operative director of Force India, Omar Szafnauer, asked me to inform Räikkönen that if a million dollars and a Kingfisher logo on his helmet will be enough, he'll have a seat at the Indian team.

The usually seemingly dead serious Helmut Marko denies having anything to do with rally but the ex-driver known as Red Bull owner Dietrich Mateschitz's right-hand man has according to the German media hinted that the energy drink giant might withdraw from rally altogether. The reason for this would be the brand's disappointment with rally's low visibility around the world.

That would mean that also Räikkönen's oars would be pulled out of the Citroen boat.

In August I asked Ford's team boss Malcolm Wilson whether he'd be interested in Räikkönen if he wants to continue his rally career. Wilson told me then that absolutely but only if they would get a so called commercial deal made with him.

Since now there are rumors circulating that Räikkönen might drive next year with the new Ford Fiesta S2000 car with backing from the Monster energy drink, it's possible that Wilson has proceeded from words to deeds.

There's also discussion about Heikki Kovalainen's future plans in the F1 media. Since Heikki himself has only said that he knows where he'll drive in 2011, all kinds of conclusions have been drawn.

But Lotus is already Kovalainen's home that he's furnishing to his liking. And there probably won't be room for anyone else at the Renault which is waiting for Räikkönen either. I heard from very close to the team that Vitali Petrov will continue there – with 99,99% certainty.

Singapore/Heikki Kulta

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 26 Sep 2010, 08:19

Thank you Dracaena!! :hug:

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 26 Sep 2010, 08:21

I'd love to see Ken + Kimi together next year :thumbsup:

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 26 Sep 2010, 08:24

But all together i see few doors closed on kimi and that should pinch his decision making.