Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by beefree88 » 24 Sep 2010, 09:57

Boudica wrote:
beefree88 wrote: We can't even be sure yet, that Kimi can continue in WRC. He might need to switch to IRC or 24 hours races for all we know
Why would Kimi have to do that?
My point is that we know nothing for sure.
He won't go back to F1, and his rallying contract depends on sponsorship.
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

Boudica
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Boudica » 24 Sep 2010, 10:14

beefree88 wrote:
rko281 wrote:
Dan wrote:Well, Loeb and Ogier signed for 2011, but Sordo Didn't sign yet. So.. All is open. Like before.. Nothing new, after all..
Sordo also is signed for 2011.
When? Last info I heard is that they're waiting for the sponsorship getting sorted out.
Dani has been signed to the junior team.

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 24 Sep 2010, 10:35

Boudica wrote:
beefree88 wrote:
rko281 wrote:
Dan wrote:Well, Loeb and Ogier signed for 2011, but Sordo Didn't sign yet. So.. All is open. Like before.. Nothing new, after all..
When? Last info I heard is that they're waiting for the sponsorship getting sorted out.
Off-Topic: show
Well, my question is still when that happened? Just curious
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Vida » 24 Sep 2010, 10:50

i love this... full of speculation... as much as i hate waiting for the final decision from kimi.. i'll try to enjoy this... :zz: :zz:

Anelise
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Anelise » 24 Sep 2010, 10:57

Vida wrote:i love this... full of speculation... as much as i hate waiting for the final decision from kimi.. i'll try to enjoy this... :zz: :zz:
me too!

Boudica
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Boudica » 24 Sep 2010, 12:07

beefree88 wrote:
Boudica wrote:
beefree88 wrote:
rko281 wrote:
Off-Topic: show
Well, my question is still when that happened? Just curious
I think somewhere before Japan.

Boudica
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Boudica » 24 Sep 2010, 13:09

luieluv wrote:
Kimi Raikkonen weighs up 2011 options

Former Grand Prix Champion Kimi Raikkonen has to choose between a number of options for 2011 - both within rallying and Formula One.

Raikkonen has shown encouraging progress throughout his debut season in the World Rally Championship with Red Bull and the Citroen Junior Team, but his best result of the year so far remains fifth place on the Rally of Turkey back in April.

Now Raikkonen has been linked with other options for next year, both in rallying and Formula One. Neither Raikkonen nor Red Bull are ruling out an extension to the Finn’s one-year WRC deal with the Citroen Junior Team, although Red Bull’s plans are fluid pending confirmation of its sponsorship agreement with Citroen.

One intriguing possibility is for Raikkonen to switch energy drinks allegiance and move to the Monster World Rally Team alongside Ken Block next year in a Ford Fiesta WRC. Raikkonen and Block have struck up a good rapport, and Monster bosses believe that the maverick Raikkonen would fit their brand image perfectly.

Raikkonen has also had an approach from MINI, although his drive there would be a commercial deal - which could again be linked to Red Bull.

Renault’s Formula One team is additionally in discussion with the 30-year-old about his services for next year, with the French squad being Raikkonen’s only realistic option on the F1 grid next year.

Finally, a third possibility exists of Raikkonen either taking a sabbatical or retiring from motorsport totally - as he considered at this time last year when his future was uncertain.

Nonetheless the Finn says that he is no hurry to make up his mind - and that his preferred option would be to stay in the World Rally Championship. “I’m enjoying it so far, but I’ve not made up my mind what I’m doing yet,” said Raikkonen. “Quite soon I hope I will know but there is no rush.”
http://www.wrc.com/news/raikkonen-weigh ... ?fid=13678
It is interesting that this article should appear now, I wonder how old that quote from Kimi is. They are obviously in no rush, so I am again left wondering what they are waiting for. Well it will be interesting to see what Kimi has to say next week, about the subject.

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 24 Sep 2010, 13:27

Boudica wrote:
luieluv wrote:
Kimi Raikkonen weighs up 2011 options

Former Grand Prix Champion Kimi Raikkonen has to choose between a number of options for 2011 - both within rallying and Formula One.

Raikkonen has shown encouraging progress throughout his debut season in the World Rally Championship with Red Bull and the Citroen Junior Team, but his best result of the year so far remains fifth place on the Rally of Turkey back in April.

Now Raikkonen has been linked with other options for next year, both in rallying and Formula One. Neither Raikkonen nor Red Bull are ruling out an extension to the Finn’s one-year WRC deal with the Citroen Junior Team, although Red Bull’s plans are fluid pending confirmation of its sponsorship agreement with Citroen.

One intriguing possibility is for Raikkonen to switch energy drinks allegiance and move to the Monster World Rally Team alongside Ken Block next year in a Ford Fiesta WRC. Raikkonen and Block have struck up a good rapport, and Monster bosses believe that the maverick Raikkonen would fit their brand image perfectly.

Raikkonen has also had an approach from MINI, although his drive there would be a commercial deal - which could again be linked to Red Bull.

Renault’s Formula One team is additionally in discussion with the 30-year-old about his services for next year, with the French squad being Raikkonen’s only realistic option on the F1 grid next year.

Finally, a third possibility exists of Raikkonen either taking a sabbatical or retiring from motorsport totally - as he considered at this time last year when his future was uncertain.

Nonetheless the Finn says that he is no hurry to make up his mind - and that his preferred option would be to stay in the World Rally Championship. “I’m enjoying it so far, but I’ve not made up my mind what I’m doing yet,” said Raikkonen. “Quite soon I hope I will know but there is no rush.”
http://www.wrc.com/news/raikkonen-weigh ... ?fid=13678
It is interesting that this article should appear now, I wonder how old that quote from Kimi is. They are obviously in no rush, so I am again left wondering what they are waiting for. Well it will be interesting to see what Kimi has to say next week, about the subject.
I know that kimi has been saying that he is in no rush and all but honestly speaking i dread that he may run out of options if he takes the decision at leisure. Unless he along with robertson are planning something to the point.

I say so coz if we look at the options which kimi has then we would see that the contenders seem to be many or the talks have been stalled.. lets see..

Kimi - Citroen junior = ?? No contenders but no talking from either side in recent past
Kimi - Red Bull (F1) = unrealistic but still havent seen any talks or hint on that one
Kimi - Renault(f1) = Seems like sutil/petrov/heikki in running
Kimi - Mercedes (f1) = Was imaginary and schumi has very well shut the door yesterday
Kimi - Monster Ford = Quite a possibility
Kimi - Mini = too many contenders in form of bosse,and few others

So i feel its high time to zero down on an option and start negotiating hard and seal the deal.
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

miezicat
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by miezicat » 24 Sep 2010, 14:08

Julia wrote:
luieluv wrote:Prominent RedBull Rally Team personnel Raimund Baumschlager says that he thinks Kimi indeed wants to return to F1

http://relevant.at/sport/motorsport/449 ... ende.story

translation needed.
its the same laola1/sportwoche news that has already been here. ie Kimis rally adventure is according to them going to end after this year and that he is trying to find a seat in F! from reanult or mercedes.

in short they state that RB is not going to renew his contract

they have also Baumschlagers and Markos comments there...

its very interesting to see if somebody from RB is going to correct the news in coming days because if they don't do it it quite clear what their plan is according to next year...
I have read the article in Sportwoche now and there isn't much more in there, so what I remember:
they say that according to their information Kimi's rally adventure is over (would be interesting from whom they got that info or if it's just Baumschlager who thinks it's over but doesn't know) anyway, Kimi has been told that by Red Bull that's why he is searching for a cockpit in F1 again. Renault or Mercedes if Schumi would retire....
then it's just bla bla, Marko's comments and that Kimi has just won a rally though but it was against slower cars and that maybe it would have been better if Kimi would have started in a lower series and not wrc. but there it would have been more difficult to find a seat. and Baumschlager says that despite Kimi's car control it's hard to learn and to listen to the co-driver.
Kimi could try with Citroen without Red Bull but that's unlikely.

Boudica
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Boudica » 24 Sep 2010, 14:54

miezicat wrote:
Julia wrote:
luieluv wrote:Prominent RedBull Rally Team personnel Raimund Baumschlager says that he thinks Kimi indeed wants to return to F1

http://relevant.at/sport/motorsport/449 ... ende.story

translation needed.
its the same laola1/sportwoche news that has already been here. ie Kimis rally adventure is according to them going to end after this year and that he is trying to find a seat in F! from reanult or mercedes.

in short they state that RB is not going to renew his contract

they have also Baumschlagers and Markos comments there...

its very interesting to see if somebody from RB is going to correct the news in coming days because if they don't do it it quite clear what their plan is according to next year...
I have read the article in Sportwoche now and there isn't much more in there, so what I remember:
they say that according to their information Kimi's rally adventure is over (would be interesting from whom they got that info or if it's just Baumschlager who thinks it's over but doesn't know) anyway, Kimi has been told that by Red Bull that's why he is searching for a cockpit in F1 again. Renault or Mercedes if Schumi would retire....
then it's just bla bla, Marko's comments and that Kimi has just won a rally though but it was against slower cars and that maybe it would have been better if Kimi would have started in a lower series and not wrc. but there it would have been more difficult to find a seat. and Baumschlager says that despite Kimi's car control it's hard to learn and to listen to the co-driver.
Kimi could try with Citroen without Red Bull but that's unlikely.
I wonder if people aren't perhaps taking Marco's works to seriously, when you read the whole interview with Marco it doesn't sound that bad, but when you take it alone out of context it sounds a lot worse. Besides that I am doubtful about how much clout Marco really has in Red Bull especially in WRC.

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 24 Sep 2010, 18:16

no news from any of the source??
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Vida » 24 Sep 2010, 18:19

means that negotiation is still continue..

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 24 Sep 2010, 18:31

Vida wrote:
means that negotiation is still continue..
let's hope so :pray:
Quite soon
Kimi kind of soon ? I wonder how soon is that :zz:

apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by apple » 24 Sep 2010, 18:35

Kuvaja says to MTV 3 that Kimi is now thinking in peace what he wants to do. He says interestingly Kimi thinks too how he wants to things to be.
He says there will be always rumours at this stage of season.
He also says Kimi has to be in France next week preparing to rally and he is driving rallies in normal schedule.

That was a little odd thing to say like people expected Kimi isnt going to drive last rallies!

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 24 Sep 2010, 18:55

apple wrote:Kuvaja says to MTV 3 that Kimi is now thinking in peace what he wants to do. He says interestingly Kimi thinks too how he wants to things to be.
He says there will be always rumours at this stage of season.
He also says Kimi has to be in France next week preparing to rally and he is driving rallies in normal schedule.

That was a little odd thing to say like people expected Kimi isnt going to drive last rallies!
But does that mean Kimi doesn't really know if he wants to continue rallying? :confused: I really thought he was happy there. Not too long ago he was saying that F1 was a closed book to him.