The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Boudica
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by Boudica » 21 Sep 2010, 11:57

rko281 wrote:
Julia wrote:
Boudica wrote:
rko281 wrote:if he will be there or not has nothing to do with Renault.
Kimi at Renault won't happen for so many reasons. So, those who are concern about it, don't worry, there no chance he'll be at Renault in 2011 :O
Does DC still work for Red Bull, it could have something to do with Red Bull that is the only thing DC and Kimi has in common. :)

Yes he does... I was also thinking about the same RB connection when I saw which two drivers they had as option.... but then when the article didn't mention RB so I wasn't sure...
It's not a RB event, it's Amber Lounge, the same that has the party in Monaco (cocktail party + fashion show where some of the F1 drivers wear Eclestone's daughter's clothes). They have an event also in Abu Dhabi. They have been doing this for years and Kimi took part in these parties (didn't do the catwalk thing, but he was there). If I remember correctly in one of this kind of party there was a charity auction and Kimi bought Sharon Stone's car and the money went to charity.
So, I wouldn't be surprised if he will be there and also DC who always did the fashion show.
Okay I see, I am just wondering what kind of jurisdiction they have over Kimi, that they can can still summons him eventhough he is not in F1.
Or perhaps Kimi just does the charity out of his own free will?

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 21 Sep 2010, 11:59

rko281 wrote:
Julia wrote:
Boudica wrote:
Kimi at Renault won't happen for so many reasons. So, those who are concern about it, don't worry, there no chance he'll be at Renault in 2011 :O
Does DC still work for Red Bull, it could have something to do with Red Bull that is the only thing DC and Kimi has in common. :)

Yes he does... I was also thinking about the same RB connection when I saw which two drivers they had as option.... but then when the article didn't mention RB so I wasn't sure...
It's not a RB event, it's Amber Lounge, the same that has the party in Monaco (cocktail party + fashion show where some of the F1 drivers wear Eclestone's daughter's clothes). They have an event also in Abu Dhabi. They have been doing this for years and Kimi took part in these parties (didn't do the catwalk thing, but he was there). If I remember correctly in one of this kind of party there was a charity auction and Kimi bought Sharon Stone's car and the money went to charity.
So, I wouldn't be surprised if he will be there and also DC who always did the fashion show.
thanx for the information! ... yeah, it sounds right in my ears ... I remember that his charity thing in monaco this year was atleast arranged by amber lounge and I also seen that his helmet is up on the charity action in amber lounge in singapore...so he probably have promised himself to both monaco and singapore just for the good cause (and because he had a free weekend)... yeah, I also remember sharon stones car :lol:

rko281
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by rko281 » 21 Sep 2010, 12:13

Boudica wrote:
rko281 wrote:
Julia wrote:
Boudica wrote:

Okay I see, I am just wondering what kind of jurisdiction they have over Kimi, that they can can still summons him eventhough he is not in F1.
Or perhaps Kimi just does the charity out of his own free will?
They don't have any jurisdiction over him. They want him to do it and I guess they convinced him. He has a huge fanbase in Asia, his presence there sells a lot of tickets (especially VIP ones). Indeed it is a PR-event (also a party :) ), but it's not something related to a contract (Citroen or RB). It's his own decision to do it or not. His name "sells".

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 21 Sep 2010, 12:23

Where did you get that this is a charity event and that it has something do to with that Amber Lounge thingy? :huh:

I´m still not sure that he´s going to be there...makes no sense as he has to be at france on monday. Might be a litlle bit too stressful to fly to Singapore just for that event and then fly back again :huh:
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 21 Sep 2010, 12:37

Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:Where did you get that this is a charity event and that it has something do to with that Amber Lounge thingy? :huh:

I´m still not sure that he´s going to be there...makes no sense as he has to be at france on monday. Might be a litlle bit too stressful to fly to Singapore just for that event and then fly back again :huh:
and he will be sleepy all week and we know by now what that means :zz:

rko281
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by rko281 » 21 Sep 2010, 12:44

Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:Where did you get that this is a charity event and that it has something do to with that Amber Lounge thingy? :huh:

Julia gave us this link http://www.eglobaltravelnews.com.au/z-m ... -2010.html

"This year, F1 aficionados will come face to face with Formula One greats, former drivers Kimi Räikkönen – dubbed the ‘fastest driver on the planet’ or David Coulthard – a 13-time Grand Prix winner over 15 seasons, who will take you into the private realm of this explosive sport."

We didn't say he will be there or not. We said it will be no surprise if he will because he took part before at the Amber Lounge events (in F1 years and this year also).

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 21 Sep 2010, 13:18

Vida wrote:
luieluv wrote:
Kriss wrote:
Julia wrote:Kimi seem to be in Singapore next weekend doing some promotional-/charitywork...

next weekend :huh: I hope he still will be in France next weekend :pray:
Kimi will be in singapore this weekend and in france the next weekend.

I am scared , I can smell Kimi to renault..
what make you say that luie... ?
nothing. just an intuition or else kimi would have avoided if it had been only for the sake of event as he has a rally coming up soon after. Unless he had committed the organizers long back and would want to fulfil it.
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 21 Sep 2010, 13:23

rko281 wrote:

Julia gave us this link http://www.eglobaltravelnews.com.au/z-m ... -2010.html

"This year, F1 aficionados will come face to face with Formula One greats, former drivers Kimi Räikkönen – dubbed the ‘fastest driver on the planet’ or David Coulthard – a 13-time Grand Prix winner over 15 seasons, who will take you into the private realm of this explosive sport."

We didn't say he will be there or not. We said it will be no surprise if he will because he took part before at the Amber Lounge events (in F1 years and this year also).
In monaco this year people had the possibility to (if I remember correctly) watch the quali or "party" with him if they payed a lot of money. That was arranged in association with amber lounge and the money they got from it went to a good cause. He also had donated something to amber lounges charity-auction. I think the link to that i somewhere also in this monster thread. I have read in earlier year that he has done similar things during earlier monaco GP ie pay alot of money and meet Kimi Räikkönen during the race weekend, they have all been charity things .... I assume Kimi has not change his mind and still has no need for money or no intention to use his spare time to promote F1 just for the fun of it (even more now when he isn't even in the sport), just my intuition :lol:

about the timetable - he probably is there just on friday and saturday and if you look at the article it says DC takes the breakfast and Kimi the afternoon tea so he doesnt even have to change his sleeping rythm ... :lol:

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 21 Sep 2010, 13:29

luieluv wrote:
Vida wrote:
luieluv wrote:
Kriss wrote:
Julia wrote:Kimi seem to be in Singapore next weekend doing some promotional-/charitywork...

next weekend :huh: I hope he still will be in France next weekend :pray:
Kimi will be in singapore this weekend and in france the next weekend.

I am scared , I can smell Kimi to renault..
what make you say that luie... ?
nothing. just an intuition or else kimi would have avoided if it had been only for the sake of event as he has a rally coming up soon after. Unless he had committed the organizers long back and would want to fulfil it.

I saw first comments/notes about it a couple a months ago so he has probably promised to do it along way back before the renault-saga... but it definitely doesn't help in the renault rumor...

Soren
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Soren » 21 Sep 2010, 13:57

Julia wrote: I saw first comments/notes about it a couple a months ago so he has probably promised to do it along way back before the renault-saga... but it definitely doesn't help in the renault rumor...
But we dont know how long they had planned contacting Renault. Unless we think that it is just because of the Spa race that Kimi decided to make contact. I dont know. Just sayin.
Join our feisty Kimi Raikkonen group on Facebook
Click and join :D
Click here to follow us on Twitter as well

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 21 Sep 2010, 14:21

Sorry I just don't buy it :zz:

There's no mention of Red Bull, Renault or charity in that article, and the article says that you could meet with Coulthard OR Kimi if someone pays 45k. Nowhere does it mention that the 45k is even going to charity so I'm not sure why Kimi would even want to show up for that? And if they want to pay Kimi 45k just to make an appearance, even Z-list celebrities have higher appearance fees than that.

The article is also dated August 26th, before any of the Renault rumours started so I don't think it has anything to do with Renault. If you go to the website of the St. Regis Singapore hotel, http://www.stregis.com/singapore, there is no such offer called the F1 Aficionado Package even though the article claims that you can book the offer through the website. I looked through all the packages and exclusive offers on the St. Regis Singapore's website. I"m sure the hotel itself would be publicizing this to the skies if it were actually true.

Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Vida » 21 Sep 2010, 15:27

from the information i heard, there will be an auction of Kimi's authographed helmet at the podium lounge.. not amber lounge.. not sure whether kimi will be there too..

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 21 Sep 2010, 15:30

Vida wrote:from the information i heard, there will be an auction of Kimi's authographed helmet at the podium lounge.. not amber lounge.. not sure whether kimi will be there too..
Does Kimi even need to be there for his helmet to be auctioned off? Surely they can do it without him.....

Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Vida » 21 Sep 2010, 15:37

yeah i dont think he needed to..

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 21 Sep 2010, 17:57

Vida wrote:from the information i heard, there will be an auction of Kimi's authographed helmet at the podium lounge.. not amber lounge.. not sure whether kimi will be there too..
you are right vida, it seems to be podium lounge and not amber lounge to with he has donated his helmet and and signed alot of other things too!!!

more information here:

http://www.plushasia.com/article/10300
Checkered flag autographed by Formula 1 drivers such as Mark Webber, Lewis Hamilton, Jansen Button, Felipe Massa, and Kimi Raikkonen, $2,300

Kimi Raikkonen and Felipe Massa autographed triple photograph piece, $950

Kimi Raikkonen double photograph piece, $800

Kimi Raikkonen autographed helmet, $2,300
so if you are interested to buy...
Last edited by Julia on 21 Sep 2010, 18:47, edited 1 time in total.