The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by Wolfie » 17 Sep 2010, 20:42

Kriss wrote:
sammyosammy wrote:
Julia wrote:should we make a own thread about the French rally??? Can somebody who knows how to do it fix a new thread?
Kriss, anybody...? :)
I do it
Thanks Kriss, you are great :hug:

YAHOO a rally again !yahoo:
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

sammyosammy
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sammyosammy » 18 Sep 2010, 07:55

Wolfie wrote:
sammyosammy wrote:
Wolfie wrote:@ Luie, no problem, I will make the thread myself then :hug:

@ Sammy, I read your reply on AS and nearly spilled my coffee - you are great :lol:
Some superlativs...? :O
This sentence when it was about not wanting Kimi in Ferrari :lol: :
I can assure You I would personally drag him out of that car, with my own bear hands. That´s a promise :<>:
aah okay, really wasn´t meant to be funny at all, I´m serious with my promise :lol:

YiNing
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by YiNing » 18 Sep 2010, 08:17

sammyosammy wrote:
Wolfie wrote:
sammyosammy wrote:
Wolfie wrote:@ Luie, no problem, I will make the thread myself then :hug:

@ Sammy, I read your reply on AS and nearly spilled my coffee - you are great :lol:
Some superlativs...? :O
This sentence when it was about not wanting Kimi in Ferrari :lol: :
I can assure You I would personally drag him out of that car, with my own bear hands. That´s a promise :<>:
aah okay, really wasn´t meant to be funny at all, I´m serious with my promise :lol:
I also thought that was pretty funny... I knew it's probably typo, but I like the image of your "Bear hands" dragging Kimi out of his car :lol:

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 19 Sep 2010, 18:43

Wow, the Swedish people comment mostly about Kimi on Aftonbladet's site, he is the most popular driver there :blink: Most of them are men from the age of 30 - 60 and it's amazing to see how much they have knowledge over the wheeling and dealing behind the F1-scenes. And if an Alonso-article gets 9 comments, a Kimi-article can get up to 130 comments ;)

They had their own opinions over Marko's comments and the news about Renault - here are only some of them for all you KIMI-FANS :hug:

Thank you Sweden :cool:
Red Bull doesn't seem to be realistic. How can they chat about him crashing too much when they at the same time say that he has to win so they can get some visibility? Either he takes it on the safe side and stays on the road in order to finish the rally and gaining max. experience or he puts everything in the game and probably doesn't make it to the finish line.

Kimi might be fast but there are so many elements in rally that takes time to learn like driving according to notes (trusting them 100%), learn different surfaces etc. Strange that they aren't satisfied with him actually winning stages. Quesnel from Citroen is still taken by Kimi's performances and thinks Kimi could be a champion someday. But the road is of course long. If someone expects super results during his first season, he can't even be taken seriously. If Red Bull has so shortsighted plans for Kimi that they only want some visibility then they could in principle have put some Hollywood-celebrity in his place.
I mean this is tragic that someone sits here and claims that Kimi is a mediocre driver!!!! I have been working in racing for the last 15 years in England. I meet often people who have much more insight than any of us here and if one would listen to what they say, then Kimi is definitely not seen as mediocre! He is more seen like the fastest ever in F1.

Some statistics to show the comparison with Alonso where Kimi beats Alonso with gallops when it comes to fastest laps. Take for example:

Alonso's amount of fastest laps from 2001-2010 - 14.
Kimi's amount of fastest laps from 2001-2009 - 35.

So don't come with sh*it talk about him being mediocre because strangely most of the racing world thinks the opposite!
DrifterKing: Cool that it's not only me who have heard good things about Kimi. When I have been to F1-races in Europe I constantly get blown away over how popular Kimi is although his silent personality. Someone who thinks that Kimi is mediocre does not have things exactly under control.
Cool to read all this justified comments about Kimi from wise people!
That's completely right, Bjurre. I think that it's quite obvious that he is way more popular than some here for example try to tell. Especially since I have too been behind the scenes and heard only good things about him.

I had the pleasure of meeting Dave Richards a year ago when visiting Prodrive. His words about Kimi were quite simple; a team that wouldn't want Kimi as their driver has nothing to do in F1, he is an extremely talented driver. Kimi quiet and boring!? WTF? Do people think that he is talking in the car while he drives on the track or what?
It could also be that the Alonso-fans are scared of the King making a comeback?... They stare themselves blind on how Kimi was bought out, then they believe in all seriousness that Alonso would be better than Kimi, I don't hear often Kimi-fans whining over Alonso more than that he is a cheater, but that's what he is!!! He is a very good driver in F1, no doubt about that, but definitely not better than Kimi. I think that today Hamilton is the fastest in the F1-circus but Vettel isn't far behind him if he only had an ounce of Kimi's coolness!!
Does Redbull want him back in F1? They can hardly excpect that he will win the championship in rally or races during his first year ha ha ha....
When Kimi came to F1 he had even less experience of racing than Timmy Hansen has! As soon as Ron Dennis saw Kimi in F1 he bought him to McLaren.

Engineers in McLaren have told that they had never witnessed anyone as fast as Kimi - not before or after him.

Ferrari's engineers were completely blown away over his performances in 2009. Fisichella's driving was on Ferrari car's top level but Kimi managed to exceed all theoretical possibilites.
Just look at how it goes for Ken Block in WRC. Nothing spectacular, eh?
The people I know from Maranello and Modena were really disappointed when Kimi was sacked. Mubadala couldn't/didn't want to continue as the main sponsor. But like someone here said; "business is business". Santander ensures that they are in the business for the next 5 years and even Donald Duck gets to drive if the sponsor insists so.

500 jobs in 5 years paid by the bank's clients and Spanish tax payers.
F1 is 100% business so it's a business-deal if a bank will rule in Ferrari for 5 years. Santander has also picked up other banks. Indirectly that also means tax-money.

One should keep in mind the Italy owns 85 % of Ferrari (through Fiat) so the decision was certainly made on a very high political level.
Kallefoten: Have you been here in Europe in some races this year and heard that they think he is, like you say, "an accepted and fast" driver? The comments I have heard and comments from people I have been talking with in F1-races think that it's a big loss for F1 that Kimi is in rally this year. The majority would want Kimi back to F1 and quickly. I am not a Kimi-fan but to say that he isn't popular here on this continent is completely taken from the air.
If Räikkönen would have such a lousy PR-value and if he would be such a crappy driver then why on earth did Red Bull go and sponsor him in a sport that is new to him? Does it sound like 'good business' if these statements in Aftonbladet from 'expert commentators' even are correct?
I have never like Kimi but to say that he isn't one of the best in F1 is childish. Kimi is damn fast when he feels like it.
KIMI is very big in Europe - not just in Scandinavia. He has a lot of fans in England and everywhere. F2008 was a car that suited Massa's driving style much more than Kimi's - Kimi drudged lap after lap to get enough heat in his tyres.
If Kimi has taken the title in Ferrari, he sure would be able to be on top of a Renault in no time, he knows all the tracks and he is needed in the F1-circus, he has a huge experience others don't have, he is extremely popular all around the world and then some sit here and tell he is a gonner which is completely wrong.
I hope there is some truth in it! It would be fantastic to get Kimi back to F1. If Renault is the best solution is something we just have to wait and see. But why not, maybe Kimi could fit in a 'smaller' team. With the pairing Räikkönen/Kubica the team can seriously start to climb up to the WDC/WCC titles.

All of you who nag about him being over, not fast or whatever else, you can never deny his talent in racing. Just read on the web about how many in the sport have talked about Kimi's speed. Read David Coulthard's book, then maybe many more people will agree.

Anyway, it would be cruel if he would make a comeback, in a good car, there are too many in F1 today who aren't that 'sharp'. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
You should check out the summary (or the whole race) from Suzuka 2005. Alonso, Kimi and many more top drivers started from the back because of rain during quali, Fisichella started from pole. Kimi drives from the bottom of the grid with overtakings left and right to finally overtake Fisichella during the last lap in a corner that has the speed of 250-270 km/h.. And Kimi didn't even have anything to drive for. You are going to change your opinion...

Kimi = the fastest ever from Scandinavia, probably even from Europe.

KIMBO1
kart driver
kart driver

Post by KIMBO1 » 19 Sep 2010, 19:00

Thanks so much Wolfie :shhh: could read comments like that all night, makes such a change from the usual rubbish that is written about Kimi

Dracaena
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dracaena » 19 Sep 2010, 19:46

Thanks Wolfie for those :hug:! Made me feel warm and fuzzy...

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 19 Sep 2010, 21:58

I'll post this here too because it's really funny:
http://sidepodcast.com/2010/09/18/five- ... ontenders/
#3 - Fernando Alonso

He's. Faster. Than. You. Let's be honest: he probably is faster than you. He and Vettel share the similar 'gene of entitlement', but whereas Vettel's expression of superiority is to crash into everyone in his way (that'll show 'em!), Alonso opts to cry like a little baby until he gets his way. Fernando is the most intriguing of the title contenders as he simultaneously is the most acutely emotive about winning; while openly declaring the sport "not a sport".

The little-known reason behind his intensity is that he actually contracted 'Loseritis' from Ron Dennis due to a lack of available vaccines in Oviedo. As you know, Loseritis gives you a tangible, physical pain whenever you are unable to win a race and Alonso take this particularly badly - mainly because he's such a massive baby. But, much like Kuato from hit sci-fi flick, Total Recall, he's a dangerous baby with whom you'd be wise not to mess . He's not a double world champion due to winge-powers alone; he's a fast, intelligent racer with only winning on his mind. He'll attempt to win the support of the entire team: up to and including a strategy involving his team mate crashing into a wall.

Fun Fact: When Alonso wins a race and makes a "quacking motion" with his hands, he's actually catching flies out of mid-air to increase his weight for scrutineering.

Ice-Ludy
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ice-Ludy » 19 Sep 2010, 22:09

Dracaena wrote:Thanks Wolfie for those :hug:! Made me feel warm and fuzzy...
Thank you Nicole!! I was in need to read something like this! :hug: I don't want to have all that 2009 feelings again... :fear: :(
Octeto Racing Team's Blog: http://www.octetort.com
“Even a small star shines in the darkness”

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 19 Sep 2010, 23:54

Ice-Ludy wrote:
Thank you Nicole!! I was in need to read something like this! :hug: I don't want to have all that 2009 feelings again... :fear: :(
Wasn't it great to read :hug:

And did you see how many had more deeper information there :blink:

Dave Richards telling that a team who doesn't want Räikkönen shouldn't even be in F1 :<>:

Ice-Ludy
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ice-Ludy » 20 Sep 2010, 01:38

Wolfie wrote:
Ice-Ludy wrote:
Wasn't it great to read :hug:

And did you see how many had more deeper information there :blink:

Dave Richards telling that a team who doesn't want Räikkönen shouldn't even be in F1 :<>:
Yes!!! It was really good to read exactly because of the extra information shared in the comments!!! :O
Octeto Racing Team's Blog: http://www.octetort.com
“Even a small star shines in the darkness”

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 20 Sep 2010, 06:27

That was so cool to read!!!! Makes us so proud not that we wouldn't be anyway. Thank you, Nicole!! :hug:

YiNing
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by YiNing » 20 Sep 2010, 07:09

It's gread to read these nice comments - they warm my heart... :) thank you Nicole :hug:

I think anybody who involve in or following the motorsports know Kimi is the real deal. Those who bashed him or wrote him off are mostly people with their own hidden agenda....

apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by apple » 20 Sep 2010, 08:41

Nice catch ,Nicole! Really fine words about Kimi and thats what is needed in these times as rumours after rumours sail thru every day. But remember, thats what Kuvaja told. There will be more rumours.

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 20 Sep 2010, 08:54

apple wrote:Nice catch ,Nicole! Really fine words about Kimi and thats what is needed in these times as rumours after rumours sail thru every day. But remember, thats what Kuvaja told. There will be more rumours.
Hoi Apple :hug:

Turun Sanomat's search machine seems to be working again and oh my... what touching articles about Sirkka-granny :blush:

Take a look at them and see if you can read them with dry eyes. I'm going to put them there now.

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 21 Sep 2010, 08:37

Kimi seem to be in Singapore next weekend doing some promotional-/charitywork...

http://www.eglobaltravelnews.com.au/z-m ... -2010.html

This year, F1 aficionados will come face to face with Formula One greats, former drivers Kimi Räikkönen – dubbed the ‘fastest driver on the planet’ or David Coulthard – a 13-time Grand Prix winner over 15 seasons, who will take you into the private realm of this explosive sport.

A one-hour Private Afternoon Tea with former Formula One drivers Kimi Räikkönen or David Coulthard at Astor Bar Daily in-room breakfast or Breakfast at Brasserie Les Saveurs.

I also saw that one of his Ferrari helmets is in the amber-lounge charity-auction
http://www.amber-lounge.com/main/

sounds like quite the same arrangement as during the Monaco grand prix?!... and I bet that we are not going to see pictures off him on the paddock or hear anything of him from the F1 jurnos... or can we dream of him putting one foot inside the paddock, just to spice up the rumors? :lol: