FORMULA 1â„¢ Grand Prix du Canada 2007

Reports, quotes, stats specifically about the F1 2007 season Grands Prix.
lmcsp
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by lmcsp » 10 Jun 2007, 23:18

In studied those pics of Kubicas crash - it appeared that his legs were pretty lucky to be intact ..

Havent seen the race yet though ..

ODDBA11
kart driver
kart driver

Post by ODDBA11 » 10 Jun 2007, 23:30

BRILLIANT RACE!!!
tell me this, if u wernt told which mclaren was which during this gp, who would u assume was alonso?
i dunno bout u guys, but id be looking at the calm colected chap at the front throughout, id assume the rookie was the one desperately trying to overtake and then making mistakes at most corners :roll:
fair play to alonso though, at least he DID something unlike the ferraris (especially raikkonen whos proving hes less of a champion at every race he goes to)
frankly i think id be praising hamilton for winning under the ENORMOUS pressure he went through, even if he was a multiple champion, his display was faultless.
Heidfeld has prooved my hopes correct - that he CAN be a consistent top class driver without any fuss, which i respect.
Wurtz - lucky but well deserved (though i do think rosberg deserved that podium more)
kovelinan - also lucky
raikkonen- based on his performance today i dont think he deserved ANY points
Sato - WOW! deserved raikkonen's and alonso's points for sure, he showed em how things were done in the far east!
Alonso - his performance was only worth a point at best
ralph - im developing a hatred for toyota and thier drivers, they spend too much time complaining and getting lots of ill-deserved mony while not spending enough time driving. Frankly i reckon, theyve had thier chance nd should make way for a new team to attempt formula 1
apart from that of course was kubica's crash - OMG!!!!
when i saw the car come to rest i didnt see his hands move, after that he didnt move at all which was terrible. I, like many others thought i was seeing a man die! luckily the safety crews got there within seconds and especially after watching the replays i saw how well f1 cars stand up to such horrifying crashes. it prooved my youtube video correct anyways (search 'death in f1' - I KNOW that they arnt all deaths, this is becase i didnt know about youtube when i created it and it was designed to convey a message to my 'f1 virgin' friends) I have no doubt it would have killed him 10 years ago - particulary without the HANS devise (watch how much pressure his neck went under!!). Hes out for a while with a broken leg but i was SERIOUSLY expecting at least a broken neck. He was lucky!
and there u have it - an insomniac's opinion of the canadian gp.

Grunf
car driver
car driver

Post by Grunf » 10 Jun 2007, 23:32

I missed the whole race because of travelling :cry: I watch every race and I miss the most interesting one :cry: Is there a whole race available for download or something. I really want to see it. Heard about Kubica, hope he'll be back as soon as possible. BTW, I'm the biggest BMW fan :mrgreen: Please help me with this Canada race download. Only 4 more posts to gain entry to video section :|

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 10 Jun 2007, 23:34

Grunf wrote:. Only 4 more posts to gain entry to video section :|
yeah but plz don't spam!!!!!!!

It was a complete disaster for Ferrari in the Canadian Grand Prix, with Kimi Raikkonen only finishing 5th and Felipe Massa being disqualified for disobeying safety measures. The Grand Prix was chaotic and therefore very exciting, especially for sensation Lewis Hamilton who took his maiden victory. Not so much for Robert Kubica who amazingly survived a 170mph shunt with only a broken leg.

Darksnake
kart driver
kart driver

Post by Darksnake » 10 Jun 2007, 23:36

Hello, new to the forums here.:)

AM watching the race again now on ITV? and man, that crash was terryfing. As I read some post in this topic here, I can only say you're right if you say that crash looked much of the same as that one from Ratzenberger. :(

Luckily he's allright, and Heidfeld was able to keep his head cool and finish the race in 2nd. Go Nick! :)

edu36
car driver
car driver

Post by edu36 » 10 Jun 2007, 23:37

Barrichelo as always didnt have lucky.

patbou007
car driver
car driver

Post by patbou007 » 10 Jun 2007, 23:55

In canada, the famous "Quebec wall" is a car destructor!!!

Lemmiwinks
car driver
car driver

Post by Lemmiwinks » 10 Jun 2007, 23:59

This was a very entertaining race, though it was a bit awkward. Good effort by all the guys on the podium. Hamilton was outstanding, Heidfeld controlled his position throughout the whole race and Wurz drove A LOT of laps on those soft tires.

NickHeidfeld
car driver
car driver

Post by NickHeidfeld » 11 Jun 2007, 00:08

Best race of the season so far. Nick impressed me once again, great performance without any mistakes, and he would have got the 2nd spot even if the race wasnt so chaotic. Also an outstanding race by Alex Wurz, from 19 to 3, wow.

Robert's crash was horrible and that he has no major injuries shows how safe the F1 is these days. A few years earlier and he could have been dead.

brewtronics
car driver
car driver

Post by brewtronics » 11 Jun 2007, 00:32

why were the officials so late with the pacecar after albers lost his front wing?

all the debris was right on top of the drive line
really slow decision by the FIA

nicodars
car driver
car driver

Post by nicodars » 11 Jun 2007, 00:57

muy bien

pcrovax
car driver
car driver

Post by pcrovax » 11 Jun 2007, 01:13

just great race. hope kubica will be fine soon

lukas
car driver
car driver

Post by lukas » 11 Jun 2007, 03:56

yeah I haven't seen something like that for a long time now. Maybe in a computer game but damn... I'm Polish and I can tell you my heart stopped while watching this crash... Just imagine what would have happend to an ordinary car at that speed... I just hope he will be back on the road fast.

F1 Txn Hockey
car driver
car driver

Post by F1 Txn Hockey » 11 Jun 2007, 04:00

why were the officials so late with the pacecar after albers lost his front wing?

all the debris was right on top of the drive line
really slow decision by the FIA
-brewtronics
ya they were kind off of slow from what i saw from the race (a very limited amount i'd say) the saftey cars were kinda slow to get out save for kubica's crash, so i'm guessing sebastian will be driving in the US GP too, and the black flag on fisi and massa was long to come (by this i mean the initial investigation to leaving the pit lane early

Grunf
car driver
car driver

Post by Grunf » 11 Jun 2007, 07:25

Darksnake wrote:watching the race again now on ITV.
Where, how?? I'm trying to find where to see the whole race and can't find it. Please help.