Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
sammyosammy
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by sammyosammy » 16 Sep 2010, 20:14

cheers sleenster!

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 16 Sep 2010, 20:17

sammyosammy wrote:cheers sleenster!
+1000 :thumbsup:

Ice-Ludy
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ice-Ludy » 16 Sep 2010, 20:39

Acropolis wrote:
sammyosammy wrote:cheers sleenster!
+1000 :thumbsup:
Thanks Sleenster!!! :shhh: :hug:
Octeto Racing Team's Blog: http://www.octetort.com
“Even a small star shines in the darkness”

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 16 Sep 2010, 20:46

Kriss wrote:thanks sleenster :thumbsup:
I like the idea Ken and Kimi together, they could make a unique team :C:
and kimi gets all the dc shoes he wants :lol:
and maybe ken will bring him home to the US for a publicity tour.
so now will every one have to turn in their red bull gear for monster?
when i know it...........K.Raikkonen

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 16 Sep 2010, 21:28

Maria d wrote:
Thanks Sleenster :shhh:

Maria, imagine how frightfully right Apple might have been from the beginning when creating the Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster -thread if Kimi goes to Monster :fear:

On the other hand we wouldn't have to create a new thread for it :lol:
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 16 Sep 2010, 21:29

Just like Wolfie told before: it's very funny that Kimi has linked to almost every free (or less free) team :lol: And someone is still thinking that Kimi has not media valuable...
I miss a babysitter

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 16 Sep 2010, 21:50

Moominpappa, you are right! :)
Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:
sleenster wrote:I just wish that the Citroen boss didn't say that he was expecting to see Kimi fight for podiums on tarmac, it just creates unrealistic expectations and unnecessary pressure on him.
I acutally dreamed this night that Kimi got a podium position at the french rally and me and my friends were cheering like some mad chicks :lol:
I hope I was in your dream too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !yahoo: :C: :1st:

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 16 Sep 2010, 22:30

Wolfie wrote:
Maria d wrote:
Thanks Sleenster :shhh:

Maria, imagine how frightfully right Apple might have been from the beginning when creating the Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster -thread if Kimi goes to Monster :fear:

On the other hand we wouldn't have to create a new thread for it :lol:
:lol:
when i know it...........K.Raikkonen

icemaid
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by icemaid » 17 Sep 2010, 01:07

Where will Kimi be driving next year??

Oh boy I thought we needn't go through this again... :fear: :<>: :roll:: :zz:

brendakarli
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by brendakarli » 17 Sep 2010, 03:12

I was just marveling that after almost 140 pages of speculation, we are still as clueless as we were at page one :fear:

kimi, kimi, kimi :blink: how we love thee :wave:
The JINX

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 17 Sep 2010, 05:15

quote:
"scoring points in only four of the nine events in which he has competed.

In contrast, team-mate Sebastien Ogier is second in the standings after winning two of the last five events, and in only his third full season"

Well, he should compare their results in Kimi's third year then. Not to mention that Kimi jumped from "don't talk to me in the middle of a corer" to the top class of rally. Many drivers don't even hope to get there for years, let alone regularly score points. Besides Kimi competed in only 14(!) rally in his whole life. A close second, a fifth, and three other top ten is not a bad record.
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 17 Sep 2010, 06:25

beefree88 wrote:
quote:

In contrast, team-mate Sebastien Ogier is second in the standings after winning two of the last five events, and in only his third full season"

Well, he should compare their results in Kimi's third year then. Not to mention that Kimi jumped from "don't talk to me in the middle of a corer" to the top class of rally. Many drivers don't even hope to get there for years, let alone regularly score points. Besides Kimi competed in only 14(!) rally in his whole life. A close second, a fifth, and three other top ten is not a bad record.
Yes, and also Ogier is in his third season in WRC, not rally in general....he was driving RALLY CARS before, Kimi didn't!

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 17 Sep 2010, 07:12

Acropolis wrote:
beefree88 wrote:
quote:

Yes, and also Ogier is in his third season in WRC, not rally in general....he was driving RALLY CARS before, Kimi didn't!
It's unbelievable to read these kinds of things since when did Ogier win for the first time??? Oh, that's right, this year...

Is it really so that Kimi has to be superhuman in order to get some approval? How many times has Mikko Hirvonen crashed and retired this year? I guess he matches Kimi and nobody remembers that Kimi has started to leave both Hirvo and Latvala pace-wise behind him in some rallies - damn they do have higher expectations than Kimi-fans in general has...

If Kimi would win a rally this year, then it would be: Can't the WDC in F1 even win the championship in rally? Has he lost his motivation and edge?

Jesus, hopefully Kimi has people around him who can tell him that he has done an amazing job for a rookie.

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 17 Sep 2010, 07:17

brendakarli wrote:I was just marveling that after almost 140 pages of speculation, we are still as clueless as we were at page one :fear:

kimi, kimi, kimi :blink: how we love thee :wave:
:lol:

Unbelievable but so much fun since people honestly believe that Kimi is already 'out' and still we see what kind of effect he has in both F1 and WRC when team bosses seem to be more than happy if they can get him.

Emphasis on the word 'IF' :p

Brenda, do you remember last year? Ferrari? No. McLaren? No. Toyota? No. Mercedes? No.

One by one the options fell out and we thought he would have a sabbatical year and KABOOM - Kimi goes to WRC and drives for Citroen sponsored by Red Bull :lol:

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 17 Sep 2010, 07:22

Wolfie wrote:
Acropolis wrote:
beefree88 wrote:
quote:

It's unbelievable to read these kinds of things since when did Ogier win for the first time??? Oh, that's right, this year...

Is it really so that Kimi has to be superhuman in order to get some approval? How many times has Mikko Hirvonen crashed and retired this year? I guess he matches Kimi and nobody remembers that Kimi has started to leave both Hirvo and Latvala pace-wise behind him in some rallies - damn they do have higher expectations than Kimi-fans in general has...

If Kimi would win a rally this year, then it would be: Can't the WDC in F1 even win the championship in rally? Has he lost his motivation and edge?

Jesus, hopefully Kimi has people around him who can tell him that he has done an amazing job for a rookie.
Sorry Wolfie, I know you're really mad about the things they write about Kimi but please don't bash Mikko just to make Kimi look better. Mikko's a sweetheart and I feel like I have to stand up for him. :confused: