Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by sleenster » 16 Sep 2010, 16:59

Boudica wrote: That is just one statement from Kimi, in the meantime he had said a lot of other things.

However, even if the worst comes to pass, Kimi can just start his own rally team with his own personal sponsors, he could even team up with Tommi Makenen. It is obvious that discussions are perhaps getting more serious now, and everyone have their own agenda.
I hope you're right Boudica, I just don't want it to be like last season with the negotiations with McLaren, I was so sure that he was going to go to McLaren and then everything fell through. :pray:

I hope this is not a dangerous game of chicken! :confused:

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 16 Sep 2010, 16:59

I've never followed rally so I really don't know whether Kimi crashes more than the other rookies or not.
He said in the middle of the season that he is doing a little bit better than he expected. I really don't believe that RB expected him to fight for podiums or beat the top drivers. So this "underperform" thing is a little bit strange for me.
The PR thing - well in a sport without TV coverage it's not easy to make huge publicity but I think just being there was more than anybody else could do

Ice-Ludy
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ice-Ludy » 16 Sep 2010, 17:00

Kriss wrote:
Boudica wrote:I think people are taking this Marco thing out of proportion. The guy is well known for ranting. He is mostly in charge of the junior driving program, he doesn't have that much say. If it where up to him Webber would have been kicked out of the team a long time ago. He is properly just reacting to the Renault rumours. He might feel a bit betrayed by the Robertsons. Perhaps they have already agreed on something verbally and now he finds out that the Robertsons are talking to everyone, and Renault milking the situation isn't helping.

Look at the facts before Kimi, Rautenbach drove for Red Bull / Citroen, and he wasn't doing any better then Kimi. Kimi has definitely helped with PR, where are these bad publicity articles he mentioned? Everything with regards to Kimi and WRC have been positive. Even now look at the amount of PR they are getting with all of these discussions. The fact is Kimi is one of the few drivers who is known outside of motorsport circles. Even Loeb isn't known outside of motorsport circles, and Ogier isn't even that well known by people inside of motorsport circles. Why would Monster and Mini be interested if Kimi wasn't generating publicity? And on top of that we have various other people from Red Bull regularly stating how satisfied they are with Kimi. The fact remains no one else is going to give Red Bull more publicity in WRC then Kimi.

Marco is acting more like a scorned lover, all of this nonsense started because Renault was using Kimi's name for publicity. In fact I am starting to wish that some of Kimi's publicity would just die down a bit at this stage. I will say this however, I really hope the Robertsons have a really good plan with all of this.

Kimi is like a one man silly seaon all by himself. :p
great post :thumbsup:
Boudica!!! Great great words!!! :shhh:
Octeto Racing Team's Blog: http://www.octetort.com
“Even a small star shines in the darkness”

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 16 Sep 2010, 17:04

In my mind Kimi has made surprising less mistakes this year.
I miss a babysitter

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 16 Sep 2010, 17:12

i just noticed the balloons at the top banner f1 zone.net...4 years and counting

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY F1 ZONE !Great! !Great! !Great!
when i know it...........K.Raikkonen

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 16 Sep 2010, 17:12

Moominpappa wrote:In my mind Kimi has made surprising less mistakes this year.
It's good to hear, thanks :hug:

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 16 Sep 2010, 17:17

I just wish that the Citroen boss didn't say that he was expecting to see Kimi fight for podiums on tarmac, it just creates unrealistic expectations and unnecessary pressure on him.

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 16 Sep 2010, 17:20

IMO nothing will change at the drivers market in F1 and Kimi will stay at the WRC :)
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

Boudica
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Boudica » 16 Sep 2010, 17:20

Kriss wrote:I've never followed rally so I really don't know whether Kimi crashes more than the other rookies or not.
He said in the middle of the season that he is doing a little bit better than he expected. I really don't believe that RB expected him to fight for podiums or beat the top drivers. So this "underperform" thing is a little bit strange for me.
The PR thing - well in a sport without TV coverage it's not easy to make huge publicity but I think just being there was more than anybody else could do
Rookies crash, it is obvious you are going to crash if you are not used to pacenotes. Kimi hasn't even written off one car yet. Think about it, let's say you get a kart driver who has won some kind of championship or take a rally driver like Ogier for example, and put them in F1, would you expect them to be matching Lewis and Alonso? And if they don't they are underperforming? That just isn't realistic I mean most people within WRC can't even match Loeb and Ogier, just look at Mikko this year. I think Marco doesn't know much about rally, and as I said I think he was just mad and ranted without thinking. If you think about it, it is actually a stupid comment.

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 16 Sep 2010, 17:22

sleenster wrote:I just wish that the Citroen boss didn't say that he was expecting to see Kimi fight for podiums on tarmac, it just creates unrealistic expectations and unnecessary pressure on him.
I acutally dreamed this night that Kimi got a podium position at the french rally and me and my friends were cheering like some mad chicks :lol:
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 16 Sep 2010, 17:27

Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:
sleenster wrote:I just wish that the Citroen boss didn't say that he was expecting to see Kimi fight for podiums on tarmac, it just creates unrealistic expectations and unnecessary pressure on him.
I acutally dreamed this night that Kimi got a podium position at the french rally and me and my friends were cheering like some mad chicks :lol:
I will buy you 24 beers if your dream comes true :thumbsup:

And great post from Boudica - again. :cool:
I miss a babysitter

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 16 Sep 2010, 19:50

So these are the relevant pages about Kimi from today's print Autosport magazine (Sept. 16 issue):

Image Image Image

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 16 Sep 2010, 19:55

sleenster wrote:So these are the relevant pages about Kimi from today's print Autosport magazine (Sept. 16 issue):

Image Image Image
Brilliant Job. Thanks. :)
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 16 Sep 2010, 20:00

thanks sleenster :thumbsup:
I like the idea Ken and Kimi together, they could make a unique team :C: