Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by Julia » 16 Sep 2010, 11:41

Wolfie wrote:
beefree88 wrote:
Wolfie wrote:
But how on earth could they expect more from Kimi knowing that he is a rookie with no experience?

If that's true and not any manipulation again (I still have the hunch of Kimi being in Red Bull F1 next year) then good riddance &doh

Imagine them turning their back on Kimi and Kimi going to for example Mini and dominating and challenging for victories since the cars are completely new for everybody only Kimi has the experience of driving both a S2000- and a WRC-car - next year's cars will be a mixture of those cars.

If they honestly dump him because of poor results and poor publicity then it would be nice to hear their comments next year should Kimi do well :p
I think their disappointment - if it's true - is more to do with WRC's current lack of visibility, and mainstream media not noticing anything that's not covered by tv. On top of that in a world where only the winners are noticed, Kimi's achivement goes unmentioned or even talked down. It would take some good journos and good artickles to make people to understand how great Kimi is for a rookie. Like it happened back in his early F1 years. He was praised for 6-10th places, because it was a relatively exceptional performance for a beginner. Now every little mistake is magnified, and I can't help, but feel that the bad publicity he got at Ferrari is partly responsible for that.
Okay but imagine the meltdown on forums had the same been said about Webber :p

Just as an example:
"The publicity has not reached us much as we expected, but it is also related to the fact that Webber has relatively frequent accidents and has failed in results," said Red Bull's motorsport consultant Helmut Marko to 'Motorsports total. com '. He was "Very satisfied" with Sébastien Vettel, the project functions only if Webber wins: "If the athletic success is there, then the advertising effect is the same there. This goes hand in hand."

Whether Red Bull will fund the Australian superstar's F1-career or not is not certain yet.
1. he refers to Kimi's accidents and results
2. he compares Kimi to Loeb and Ogier

ha, ha, ha nice!!!

I just think that Marko woke up,, got the coffee in the wrong trout when he read about the Kimi and Renault rumor and realized that the discussions wasn't going to be a walk in the park.

I mean the newspaper informs him that steve has confirmed that they are looking for every option for Kimi and then he is asked what about Kimi - RB - rally ...

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 16 Sep 2010, 11:45

luieluv wrote:
Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:Well he deffo will get a seat next year at the WRC...it´s just that he´ll get less money (if RB stops to sponsor him). But I guess that he´ll survive :)

Yep the lack of TV presence pisses me off...but WRC or their promoter are to blame not Kimi. :roll::
I second your thought completely. And its good to see the WRC promoters along with FIA are taking stern actions in improving the show from next year.
Some of their ideas related with SSS and bonus points are lovely ideas.
Yes they are. However if they don't work on WRC coverage being more accessible, than it still stays out of reach for much of the potential audience. It could be the best show in the World, but most people can't watch it.
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 16 Sep 2010, 11:48

Julia wrote: ha, ha, ha nice!!!

I just think that Marko woke up,, got the coffee in the wrong trout when he read about the Kimi and Renault rumor and realized that the discussions wasn't going to be a walk in the park.

I mean the newspaper informs him that steve has confirmed that they are looking for every option for Kimi and then he is asked what about Kimi - RB - rally ...
This line in Turun Sanomat sort of says it all so we shouldn't really be worried:
Corriero dello Sport tells Räikkönen is looking for a home and while the silent driver meditates alone about what to do, his fame on the F1-paddock just keeps on growing and growing.
:cool:
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 16 Sep 2010, 11:50

Anelise wrote:WRC: Mini and Monster chase Räikkönen for 2011
http://www.motorstv.com/car/rally/wrc/1 ... B6nen-2011

thanx anelise!!!

has anybody the orginal article in readable format?

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by SpaMaster » 16 Sep 2010, 12:04

Helmut Marko, no you should not have talked like this. Anyway, Ford's Wilson has always said that he would like to have Kimi. Kimi should have no problem finding a WRC seat next year.

This is negotiation time, and we will hear all kind of talking from various people.
Curious case of Kimi Raikkonen..

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 16 Sep 2010, 12:16

Anelise wrote:WRC: Mini and Monster chase Räikkönen for 2011
http://www.motorstv.com/car/rally/wrc/1 ... B6nen-2011
"It's not just up to me- if I could choose I would have chosen already. But it's not that simple"

I didn't see that before. It fits to the picture though
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 16 Sep 2010, 12:28

Malcolm Wilson has said that Kimi is welcome at Ford if Kimi can bring sponsorship money.

I wonder how much influence this Helmut Marko guy has on Dietrich Mateschitz ''hmm''
Helmut Marko may open his mouth and yap all he wants, but at the end of the day, it is Dietrich Mateschitz that controls that purse strings and he will decide if Red Bull wants to continue to sponsor Kimi.

I see Red Bull sponsorship as the critical piece in deciding which team Kimi will be driving for. If Red Bull still continues to sponsor Kimi, practically every team in WRC will welcome him with open arms. But if he doesn't have Red Bull sponsorship, well, it's not impossible for him to get a WRC seat but it makes things a bit more difficult especially since if he continues to crash. Currently I'm a bit worried at the rate Kimi is retiring/crashing out because this year a WRC car costs about 500k each, next year because of the new rules they will cost about 400k each and Citroen has been making noises about how it may be difficult for them to produce enough DS3s next year.

The Kimi-Mini rumours are actually a bit surprising to me because I've been following the Mini rumours for a while and for a long time it was always Kris Meeke/PG Andersson/Marcus Gronholm that were in the picture for the drive at Mini.

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by SpaMaster » 16 Sep 2010, 12:36

^ But, Kimi hasn't been crashing that much. :p I mean even in his last crash, the car was still fine. He just did not have the spectators to push him. You cannot underestimate the input of Marko on driver decisions in Red Bull. I think if Red Bull can't sponsor Kimi, Monster will.

icemaid
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by icemaid » 16 Sep 2010, 12:41

It would be fun to see Kimi & Block in the same team. :cool:

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 16 Sep 2010, 12:41

SpaMaster wrote:^ But, Kimi hasn't been crashing that much. :p I mean even in his last crash, the car was still fine. He just did not have the spectators to push him. You cannot underestimate the input of Marko on driver decisions in Red Bull. I think if Red Bull can't sponsor Kimi, Monster will.
Well, doesn't crash more than any other driver bar Loeb. However he does get away with it less often than them

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 16 Sep 2010, 12:45

The Monster energy drink's market is predominantly in the US, so for them to sponsor Ken Block makes good sense since he's practically a household name. I don't think Kimi is that well known in US so I'm not sure if it really makes financial sense for Monster to sponsor him.

I think it's probably a combination of media hype and the fact that Kimi has said his dream was to win a WDC in rallying that has probably led to Red Bull being a bit disappointed in his results this year. Yes, he is still a rookie and we need to be realistic but the possibility that he was going to be challenging for podiums has been a bit overhyped and people like Helmut Marko, who don't know anything about rallying, are going to be disappointed.
Last edited by sleenster on 16 Sep 2010, 12:55, edited 1 time in total.

brendakarli
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by brendakarli » 16 Sep 2010, 12:48

I feel like b*tch-slapping that naughty boy we all love! He sure knows how to keep us all at the edge of our seats!
The JINX

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 16 Sep 2010, 13:00

brendakarli wrote:I feel like b*tch-slapping that naughty boy we all love! He sure knows how to keep us all at the edge of our seats!
Kimi:
"It’s not just up to me- if I could choose I would have chosen already. But it’s not that simple."
:p

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by SpaMaster » 16 Sep 2010, 13:10

One thing for sure. I would stop supporting Red Bull if they start talking like this about Kimi.