Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by Wolfie » 16 Sep 2010, 09:47

Julia wrote:HELP!! Somebody who can translate from germany... (its not my first language and I got a little bit unsure what he says...

Helmut Marko have commented Kimi and rally today and it sounded very strange...
Das Engagement in der Rallye-WM verlief jedoch weniger erfolgreich als erhofft - auch für Hauptfinanzier Red Bull.

"An Publicity ist noch nicht so viel rübergekommen, wie wir uns erwartet haben, aber das hängt auch damit zusammen, dass Räikkönen relativ oft Unfälle baut und die Resultate ausgeblieben sind", erklärt Red-Bull-Motorsportkonsulent Helmut Marko gegenüber 'Motorsport-Total.com'. "Sehr zufrieden" sei er mit Sébastien Loeb und Sébastien Ogier; das Projekt Räikkönen funktioniere aber nur mit Siegen: "Wenn der sportliche Erfolg da ist, dann ist der Werbeeffekt genauso da. Das geht Hand in Hand."

Ob Red Bull die Rallyekarriere des finnischen Superstars weiterhin finanzieren wird, steht derzeit noch nicht fest: "Momentan hat einmal die Formel 1 Priorität", stellt Marko klar. Erst wenn sich dort die Situation im Titelkampf entspannt, werde man darüber nachdenken, wie man sich in allen anderen Kategorien aufstellt.
http://www.motorsport-total.com/f1/news ... 91607.html
Wow, that sounds bad :fear:

With google translation:
The commitment in the World Rally Championship has however been less successful than hoped for - even for the main financier Red Bull

"The publicity has not reached us much as we expected, but it is also related to the fact that Raikkonen relatively frequent has accidents and has failed in results," said Red Bull's motorsport consultant Helmut Marko to 'Motorsports total. com '. He was "Very satisfied" with Sébastien Loeb and Sébastien Ogier, the project functions only if Raikkonen wins: "If the athletic success is there, then the advertising effect is the same there. This goes hand in hand."

Whether Red Bull will fund the Finnish superstar's rallying career or not is not certain yet. "Right now we have F1 as our priority, Marko explains. Only if the situation improves in the title fight, they would think about how to set it up in all other categories.
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Vida » 16 Sep 2010, 09:49

yes it is looked bad...

maybe RB wont funded Kimi in rally but in F1 next year *sigh, a girl only can hope* :)

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 16 Sep 2010, 09:51

yeah, that was the reason i wanted somebody who actually speaks germany to translate... but I think they just are in the middle of negotiations I men Horner has given a interview 3 days earlier to the same newspaper that he does think Kimi will continue rallying... and will never be back in F1.

and this interview is done after the news about renault and kimi spread in the newspapers. They where asking Marko about Kimis Rally changes...
Last edited by Julia on 16 Sep 2010, 09:56, edited 1 time in total.

rko281
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by rko281 » 16 Sep 2010, 09:51

Julia wrote:HELP!!

Somebody who can translate from germany... (its not my first language and I got a little bit unsure what he says)...

Helmut Marko have commented Kimi and rally today and it sounded very strange...and definitely quite different from the autosport article in jun.
Das Engagement in der Rallye-WM verlief jedoch weniger erfolgreich als erhofft - auch für Hauptfinanzier Red Bull.

"An Publicity ist noch nicht so viel rübergekommen, wie wir uns erwartet haben, aber das hängt auch damit zusammen, dass Räikkönen relativ oft Unfälle baut und die Resultate ausgeblieben sind", erklärt Red-Bull-Motorsportkonsulent Helmut Marko gegenüber 'Motorsport-Total.com'. "Sehr zufrieden" sei er mit Sébastien Loeb und Sébastien Ogier; das Projekt Räikkönen funktioniere aber nur mit Siegen: "Wenn der sportliche Erfolg da ist, dann ist der Werbeeffekt genauso da. Das geht Hand in Hand."

Ob Red Bull die Rallyekarriere des finnischen Superstars weiterhin finanzieren wird, steht derzeit noch nicht fest: "Momentan hat einmal die Formel 1 Priorität", stellt Marko klar. Erst wenn sich dort die Situation im Titelkampf entspannt, werde man darüber nachdenken, wie man sich in allen anderen Kategorien aufstellt.
German is not my 1st language, but from what I understand he says that Kimi's results are less than they've expected, so as a consequence also the marketing they've hoped for is not very good. And that maybe his frequent crashes are to blame for that.
He says they are impressed with Loeb and Ogier and that they are focusing now on the F1 season before making decisions for future investments in motorsport.

What is interesting is that Marko talks about marketing results and so on. I though he is the man responsible with the drivers, not the one that should be talking about numbers. But we know how to take Marko's words :zz:

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 16 Sep 2010, 09:57

rko281 wrote:
Julia wrote:HELP!!

Somebody who can translate from germany... (its not my first language and I got a little bit unsure what he says)...

Helmut Marko have commented Kimi and rally today and it sounded very strange...and definitely quite different from the autosport article in jun.

German is not my 1st language, but from what I understand he says that Kimi's results are less than they've expected, so as a consequence also the marketing they've hoped for is not very good. And that maybe his frequent crashes are to blame for that.
He says they are impressed with Loeb and Ogier and that they are focusing now on the F1 season before making decisions for future investments in motorsport.

What is interesting is that Marko talks about marketing results and so on. I though he is the man responsible with the drivers, not the one that should be talking about numbers. But we know how to take Marko's words :zz:
What is also interesting is that he actually mentions the publicity - as if Kimi wouldn't have done wonders for them...

And crashing - how competent are they over at Red Bull? Have they no idea of what rallying is for a rookie since Citroen again are impressed with Kimi's speed?

icemaid
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by icemaid » 16 Sep 2010, 10:00

Damn this doesn't sound good. :fear:

Maybe that's why Robertson is lurking around at F1 paddock.

I just hope Kimi keeps on racing be it WRC or F1. :pray:

Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Vida » 16 Sep 2010, 10:00

i sensed a break up here.... maybe kimi will go to renault after all

rko281
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by rko281 » 16 Sep 2010, 10:02

99% of Helmut Marko's interviews are full of questionable words so I won't take this too serious. But, it's the first time that I hear him speak about Kimi and his results in rally. Until now he was only responding to the rumors regarding Kimi in Red Bull F1. I don't know why suddenly he speaks about it since it's not his "area".

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 16 Sep 2010, 10:04

One thing just came to my mind - Ain't it sweet that Kimi brings the wrong kind of publicity with his frequent crashes whereas Red Bull in F1 are soaking in positive publicity over their crash-free drivers and team management :lol:

Only one thing makes me sad: Is Kimi once again the scapegoat :fear:

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 16 Sep 2010, 10:06

rko281 wrote:99% of Helmut Marko's interviews are full of questionable words so I won't take this too serious. But, it's the first time that I hear him speak about Kimi and his results in rally. Until now he was only responding to the rumors regarding Kimi in Red Bull F1. I don't know why suddenly he speaks about it since it's not his "area".
yeah i noticed also that it is the firs time he speaks about kimi and rally... but actually it is his area he is in charge of all motorsport in red bull (atleast according to this same paper who ask him about everything recording to motorsport and rb)

icemaid
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by icemaid » 16 Sep 2010, 10:08

maybe there could be a possibility that Kimi may be going to RBR...
& he's not a fan so.... :blink:

rko281
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by rko281 » 16 Sep 2010, 10:08

Wolfie wrote:One thing just came to my mind - Ain't it sweet that Kimi brings the wrong kind of publicity with his frequent crashes whereas Red Bull in F1 are soaking in positive publicity over their crash-free drivers and team management :lol:

if the energy drink didn't sell well this year it's also because of Helmut Marko's fiasco interviews after the Turkish Grand Prix, and the "not so good" relationship between Vettel and Webber and all the crashes and complainings, and so on ....

p.s. I remember reading on forums people saying that they won't buy it anymore because of the treatment they had with Webber :zz:
One thing is sure, Marko is not a very popular guy, quite the contrary.

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 16 Sep 2010, 10:10

Wolfie wrote:One thing just came to my mind - Ain't it sweet that Kimi brings the wrong kind of publicity with his frequent crashes whereas Red Bull in F1 are soaking in positive publicity over their crash-free drivers and team management :lol:

the interesting thing here is that in germany Red bull had commented to Kulta that the are very satisfied with the publicity Kimi brings but thee problem is wrc publicity.

LadyR

Post by LadyR » 16 Sep 2010, 10:15

Helmut Marko - according to motor sport the reason why I'm embarrassed to be Austrian! :<>: :<>: :<>:

He always talks c**p, can't believe it, how brazen on single person can be. He pretends to know everything from every racing series, in which Red Bull is involved, but the one and onyl thing is to defend Vettel, this lil brat, and the s***, what he is doing. He never supported Webber, he always tried to declare Red Bull to a one-man-team ( Vettel, just Vettel, blah blah...)
And according to Kimi: it was always a clear thing for me, that he doesn't like him and I think, it's arrogant, that Marko tries to pretend to be a rally expert now. :<>:

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 16 Sep 2010, 10:16

There's a possibility Heikki Kulta has written something but can't get through to TS-site, seems like it's very popular at the moment...