Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Ice-Ludy
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by Ice-Ludy » 14 Sep 2010, 15:40

syafiqa wrote:
Maria d wrote:ok yesterday i woke up and Kimi was driving nascar, :huh: today i wake uo to find Kimi is back to f1. :huh:
tomorrow what will it be....tour de france ,kimi riding a double seat bike with lance....... :lol:
the only thing kimi is "driving" is us crazy.
+2 :lol: :rofl: :rofl:
+3 :lol:
My Gosh!!! This is totally insane!!!!
Octeto Racing Team's Blog: http://www.octetort.com
“Even a small star shines in the darkness”

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 14 Sep 2010, 15:58

Maria, great comment!
I wonder, if this is true and Kimi has discussions with Renault, this Boullier looks stupid and not pofessional to me making not very flattering comments even if it is part of a negatiation...the way the whole thing came up looks strange...

sammyosammy
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sammyosammy » 14 Sep 2010, 16:02

Acropolis wrote:Maria, great comment!
I wonder, if this is true and Kimi has discussions with Renault, this Boullier looks stupid and not pofessional to me making not very flattering comments even if it is part of a negatiation...the way the whole thing came up looks strange...
I find this whole case as some kind of tactics of Robertsons. Aiming for what? That I´d love to know. But Kimi bidding for Renault sounds quite erhhhm...
:confused:

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 14 Sep 2010, 16:05

acropolis it does look very strange, but its "kimi" and i come to find out thats its part of being a fan of his.in some sick way its fun to wait and watch for the next bit of info to come out.
when i know it...........K.Raikkonen

Ice-Ludy
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ice-Ludy » 14 Sep 2010, 16:36

Acropolis wrote:Maria, great comment!
I think the same way Acropolis. The way Boullier brought up everything seems he is trying to put Renault's name in the spotlight. So he uses Kimi for that. Like Eeva said some pages ago, Renault went to Kimi first. I don't like and I don't buy this thing that Kimi initiated conversation with Renault, like if he was asking to come back!!! I didn't like this! :<>: It doesn't seem like a Kimi approach at all! I might be wrong of course, but..it's just my opinion!!! :O

apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by apple » 14 Sep 2010, 16:50

Remember Toyota last summer ? They shouted out loud Kimi had in their hands and he didnt accept the big offer they had given to him?
And later Kimi said he hadnt even talked with Toyota.
Well, here is my totally headless prophecy..
Massa ends up in Renault with Kubica. Open seat at Ferrari. So, Webber takes WDC and ends up in Ferrari. Who is in RBR?See that and much more in our next episode at F1 Zone channel.

sammyosammy
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sammyosammy » 14 Sep 2010, 16:53

apple wrote:Remember Toyota last summer ? They shouted out loud Kimi had in their hands and he didnt accept the big offer they had given to him?
Massa ends up in Renault with Kubica. Open seat at Ferrari. So, Webber takes WDC and ends up in Ferrari. Who is in RBR?See that and much more in our next episode at F1 Zone channel.
Not grazy at all. It also might be Webbo ending up Renault next season.

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 14 Sep 2010, 17:01

apple wrote:Remember Toyota last summer ? They shouted out loud Kimi had in their hands and he didnt accept the big offer they had given to him?
very reasonable.....

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 14 Sep 2010, 17:04

oh i like it Apple, this makes sense , but would FA want MW with him.
it would be fun, ...they could fight about who is #1 :lol:
when i know it...........K.Raikkonen

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 14 Sep 2010, 17:11

Apple, not crazy at all rather logical :thumbsup:

Ice-Ludy
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ice-Ludy » 14 Sep 2010, 17:15

Apple, my thoughts exactly about Massa in Renault with Kubica, Webber (Briatore's driver) in Ferrarri and Red Bull?! LOL... One thing is for sure my dear Raikko fans...rollercoaster emotions!!! :lol: :lol:

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 14 Sep 2010, 17:17

Ice-Ludy wrote:
Apple, my thoughts exactly about Massa in Renault with Kubica, Webber (Briatore's driver) in Ferrarri and Red Bull?! LOL... One thing is for sure my dear Raikko fans...rollercoaster emotions!!! :lol: :lol:
at least it's already the middle of September so we "only" have to wait max 3 months :zz:

Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Vida » 14 Sep 2010, 18:00

Ice-Ludy wrote:
+1

Anelise
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Anelise » 14 Sep 2010, 18:07

Heidfeld back in F1, Raikkonen to follow next year?
Raikkonen has been in rallying this year, driving for the Citroen junior team with backing from Red Bull. “It is true that the summer has passed and we have had more and more requests – and the guy you mentioned [Raikkonen] is on the radar now,” Boullier told Autosport. “He is on the radar because he contacted us.”

The first thought that springs into ones mind is money; Robert Kubica is one of the middle ranking earners in F1, on around €7-8 million a year, but Raikkonen has been used to earning €30million plus. So if he is serious about a return to F1 he will have to lower his expectations, even if Renault pulls in a title sponsor to cover some of the costs.

The second question is, do they need him? Renault lie 5th in the constructors’ championship table, 31 points behind Mercedes. But most of these points have come from Kubica, just as most of Mercedes’ points are from Rosberg. Renault would like Vitaly Petrov to succeed, but he has had two poor weekends in a row at a bad time and seems to find it hard to string a whole Grand Prix weekend together consistently.

McLaren has shown the benefits of having two top drivers and if they can afford it, hiring Raikkonen would seem a smart move. He’s not political so wouldn’t trouble Kubica much, other than keeping him on his toes. Raikkonen will be 31 at the start of next season, a few months older than Jenson Button and two years older than Fernando Alonso, so he still has plenty of good years in him and if he’s serious about a return it must be because he’s had a good think about where he went wrong last time.

If you look at performance charts of achievement by drivers, Raikkonen’s ratio of 18 wins and 62 podiums in 156 starts is very strong.

There is still some confusion about the finances of the Renault F1 team, after it leaked out that they had asked for an advance on their share of the F1 commercial rights from Bernie Ecclestone, a request which was denied.

At the time the team explained it away by saying that they had a cash flow issue, as payments from some of the new sponsors they had signed, such as Chinese solar company Trina Solar, were not due until later this year.

It has been suggested that internet entrepreneur Gerard Lopez, who holds 75% of the team and is a long time friend of Ecclestone, may be keeping the franchise warm while Renault, which owns 25%, considers whether a full scale return to the sport is viable.

My sources suggest that Renault is waiting to see how the share of revenues under the new 2013 Concorde Agreement is resolved.

the teams are successful in what is likely to be a hard fought and bitter negotiation, and manage to raise their share of the total revenues from 50% to more like 75%, which would make F1 more cost neutral – or even profitable – to participants, then it would be much more attractive.

Either way this will not have happened by next season and so if Raikkonen is offering his services – and one would have to question why team principal Eric Boullier would want to admit that to Autosport at this early stage – it will likely be a Renault team set up essentially as it is today.
http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2010/09/h ... next-year/
Last edited by Anelise on 14 Sep 2010, 18:24, edited 1 time in total.