The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Dracaena
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by Dracaena » 31 Aug 2010, 17:46

Arli Racegirl wrote:http://www.mtv3.fi/ohjelmat/sivusto2008 ... at?1178811

Can someone translate? please!
Surprise guest of Vesku premiere: Kimi Räikkönen

The documentary depicting the life of artist Vesa-Matti Loiri interested also rally driver Kimi Räikkönen.

Premiere of the movie Vesku directed by Mika Kaurismäki was held on Tuesday night at the Maxim theatre in central Helsinki. Several celebrities showed up but undoubtedly the most surprising guest was rally driver Kimi Räikkönen.

Kimi, who was dressed in a black hat and sunglasses, didn't stop to talk to the media people flocking outside the theatre and instead just walked in with his entourage.

Before the start of the showing Kimi's parents Matti and Paula Räikkönen were seen together with Loiri sitting on the terrace of a restaurant situated next door to the theatre.

(MTV3-MIKKO KORMILAINEN)

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 31 Aug 2010, 17:47

Thanks for translating, Dracaena :thumbsup:

:lol: Kimi is wearing a fedora! What a sight!

YiNing
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by YiNing » 31 Aug 2010, 17:49

Kinga wrote:
Soren wrote: Also. I am going to Rally France. Tee-hee :shhh:
Me too! :thumbsup: :shhh: :p
Me too :shhh: :thumbsup:

Dracaena
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dracaena » 31 Aug 2010, 17:53

So "Vesku" is a documentary about Vesa-Matti Loiri who is a Finnish singer and actor, brilliant at both. He's a legend. Actually, he has been featured on this forum earlier, during one quite funny off-topic evening :zz:. And Mika Kaurismäki is the brother of Aki Kaurismäki, a better known Finnish film maker, in case anyone has heard of him.

I have to say that Kimi's dress sense is about as awful as mine this evening :D.

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 31 Aug 2010, 17:57

YiNing wrote:
Kinga wrote:
Me too :shhh: :thumbsup:
Whaaat? Hehe cool!!! :O

YiNing
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by YiNing » 31 Aug 2010, 17:58

Thank you Dracaena for the translation and background information. :thumbsup:

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 31 Aug 2010, 18:06

Dracaena wrote:So "Vesku" is a documentary about Vesa-Matti Loiri who is a Finnish singer and actor, brilliant at both. He's a legend. Actually, he has been featured on this forum earlier, during one quite funny off-topic evening :zz:. And Mika Kaurismäki is the brother of Aki Kaurismäki, a better known Finnish film maker, in case anyone has heard of him.

I have to say that Kimi's dress sense is about as awful as mine this evening :D.
It's his pimp style, yo. :cool:

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 31 Aug 2010, 18:06

sleenster wrote:
Dracaena wrote:So "Vesku" is a documentary about Vesa-Matti Loiri who is a Finnish singer and actor, brilliant at both. He's a legend. Actually, he has been featured on this forum earlier, during one quite funny off-topic evening :zz:. And Mika Kaurismäki is the brother of Aki Kaurismäki, a better known Finnish film maker, in case anyone has heard of him.

It's his pimp style, yo. :cool:
:lol: :p

Ice-Ludy
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ice-Ludy » 31 Aug 2010, 18:07

Kinga wrote:
Arli Racegirl wrote:http://www.mtv3.fi/ohjelmat/sivusto2008 ... at?1178811

Can someone translate? please!
He attended a film premiere in Helsinki.

I can't believe my eyes. That hat? Huh? Like my other idol, Michael Jackson. I would have never imagined Kimi Räikkönen would wear such a hat?!?!?! :cool: :blink: Looking good though. I like it. :D
Thanks Arli for the info and Dracaena for the translation!!! :thumbsup:

Kinga, I like it too!!!! :shhh:
Octeto Racing Team's Blog: http://www.octetort.com
“Even a small star shines in the darkness”

Loiste
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Loiste » 31 Aug 2010, 18:11

Kinga wrote:
:hug: ah... :roll:: You are great.. hope, one day I could travel a lot too. :blush:

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 31 Aug 2010, 18:29

Loiste wrote:
Kinga wrote:
:hug: ah... :roll:: You are great.. hope, one day I could travel a lot too. :blush:
Loiste, I wish I could tell him how much he means to me like you did it in Finland. :blush:

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 31 Aug 2010, 18:51

Vesku is my famous actor. Are you seen "Pikkupojat"? In my mind it is the best Finnish movie what is ever done (ok, Tuntematon sotilas is legend...). My son is watch it more than ten times and Vesku is the best actor. Vesku, Spede and Simo has given so much to Finnish. They did lot's of good comedies.
I miss a babysitter

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 31 Aug 2010, 19:00

Raikkonen boosted by stage win

Kimi Raikkonen says that his first World Rally Championship stage win has given him additional motivation to continue in the sport next year.

The 2007 Formula One World Champion went quickest on the final stage of the Rallye Deutschland, Circus Maximus, to claim a fastest time on only his eighth-ever WRC event in a World Rally Car.

“It’s a nice feeling, definitely,” said Raikkonen, who showed himself consistently capable of setting top six stage times in Germany. “Maybe this stage was a bit more like a racing circuit! But it’s a sign that we’re moving in the right direction and learning all the time. Our work with the pace notes in Germany, for example, was nearly perfect.”

With Citroen boss Olivier Quesnel having underlined his desire to keep Raikkonen in the Citroen Junior Team next year, the Finn is inclining towards remaining in the World Rally Championship for 2011.

“Nothing is decided yet, but I’m enjoying myself here,” said Raikkonen. “I also think that we’re making progress. Rallying is all about experience, so I think it would be good if we could use this experience next year.”

Raikkonen has some options to return to Formula One, but he says he does not miss single-seater racing and that he would only go back if it were with a front-running team. If he stays in rallying with the Citroen Junior Team next year he would drive the new DS3 WRC: the same car as Sebastien Loeb.

Citroen Junior Team manager Benoit Nogier also believes that Raikkonen’s fastest stage time will help convince him to stay in the World Rally Championship next year. “It was a real morale-booster for the whole team,” he said. “In many ways, what Kimi achieved in Germany was just as impressive as what Sebastien Ogier achieved. It’s a very positive sign for the future.”
http://www.wrc.com/news/raikkonen-boost ... ?fid=13554
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by apple » 31 Aug 2010, 19:02

Moominpappa wrote:

Vesku is my famous actor. Are you seen "Pikkupojat"? In my mind it is the best Finnish movie what is ever done (ok, Tuntematon sotilas is legend...). My son is watch it more than ten times and Vesku is the best actor. Vesku, Spede and Simo has given so much to Finnish. They did lot's of good comedies.
Vesku is the most multitalented actor I know in Finland. He plays flute, sings, played in comedies and more serious films like "Ulvova Mylläri" which was very demanding role and Vesku sort of dived into it. He gave too much of himself and went a bit grazy himself after that.

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 31 Aug 2010, 19:08

apple wrote: Vesku is the most multitalented actor I know in Finland. He plays flute, sings, played in comedies and more serious films like "Ulvova Mylläri" which was very demanding role and Vesku sort of dived into it. He gave too much of himself and went a bit grazy himself after that.
Vesku was good in some sports also. Ok, sorry for this off-topic.
I miss a babysitter