The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
realms
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by realms » 25 Aug 2010, 08:01

Lunna wrote:Could smb. plz help me to translate this (from SPOX)?
Räikkönen: Hätte ich weiterfahren wollen, wäre das kein Problem gewesen. Aber von den Angeboten hat mich nichts wirklich so gereizt, dass ich sofort zusagen hätte müssen. Daher habe ich mich entschieden, jetzt erst mal Rallye zu fahren.
google says "If I want to drive, no problem would have been. But the offers me nothing has really irritated that I would need to commit immediately. Therefore I have decided to now go only once to rally."

I'm not sure if I understand it right, especially the last sentence :confused:
this is the one bit i remember from the translation ... " teams wanted me to commit immediately " ... does that mean if some f1 teams were willing to offer a drive towards the end of the season , he'd have considered ? ... ( its my F1 optimistic view :) )

isnt the article in german ... cant we get a better translation

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 25 Aug 2010, 08:02

Maria d wrote:
Julia wrote:Kimi has given an longer interview after the rally to the german http://www.spox.com , the orginal is here if I understood it correctly (the are many citates of it in other german sites) :

http://www.spox.com/de/sport/formel1/10 ... litik.html

its readable with google translate :O
thanks , that was great to read. i like the part about being cozy and cool.
It was a good interview wasn't ?

Here is a little better translation for the who are allergic of google translate :cool: (and if somebody actually speak German as their mother language, feel free to correct if i got understood something wrong :O )
”Vettel is the nicest guy of them all"
The quiet Finn called his retirement from Formula 1 still as a "time out" and leaves it open whether and when we will see him back on the grid. Currently he enjoys to drive rally.

In SPOX Raikkonen talks about his fashion line, the rally Germany and his friend Sebastian Vettel.

SPOX: Mr. Raikkonen, what is it like to be a rally driver? What is different from Formula 1?
Kimi Raikkonen: It's simple: everything. They are two entirely different disciplines. In Formula 1, the conditions for testing or training is quite the same, here everything (in the conditions, ed) changes. Imagine testing the car even at -25 ° C.

SPOX: Sounds crazy, so you like it....
KR: Yes, I love it! It is a new challenge for me, the biggest of my racing carer. It is very, very exciting.

SPOX: That means, the Formula 1 fans are never again going to see you in a GP car?
KR: I would not say that. We'll see. First, let's take this season to end and then clarify some things. Then we'll see.

SPOX: Speaking about driving – is it actually easier for you to do asphalt rallies?
KR: Although I have driven in F1 many years, it does not help really, because the asphalt on permanent lines is completely different than the road surface here in the World Rally Championship. The dimensions are different, change the surface itself, the roads are bumpy and the grip levels are sometimes lousy. Around the next corner again it can be completely different. That's not the case in Formula 1.

SPOX: At the Rally Germany, you have landed at place seven. Satisfied with the result?
KR: Yes, Germany was in Formula 1 never a good ground for me, at the weekends everything never went well. It is good that in rally driving it now seems to be better. I actually just wanted to finish the race and gain experience.

SPOX: You didn't take anything good out of F1?
KR: Well, there were three great, unforgettable years at Ferrari and I won the World Championship crown with them. The time at McLaren was also great, although unfortunately never could together win the title. But now I am just a rally driver.

SPOX: What makes Ferrari so special?
KR: It is full of traditions, but also full of emotions. My time in Maranello was an intense mixture of incredible joy and difficult moments that we have welded together as a team, as a family. I'm not really the compatible type with the Italians, but we found a common emotional basis. I have always given everything for Ferrari and they have returned it to me many times, even with my departure. There will always be great memories ....

SPOX: You have won nine races there. Which was the best victory?
KR: There were three victories that stand out: That was of course the first, 2007 in Melbourne, you can't have a better debut. Then my last success at Spa, when I won with an inferior car. And especially the victory at Interlagos, with whom I've become world champion.

SPOX: Allegedly that Renault will bring you, as a partner for Robert Kubica and other teams from here (F1, Ed) where also after you ...
KR: If I wanted to continue (in F1, Ed) it would not have been a problem. But I was really not that exited about any of the offers (I got, Ed) that I would have been immediately interested to commit. Therefore I have decided to go rallying for now.

SPOX In the current F1 salaries list you are still the third highest paid driver ...
KR: I still have a contract with Ferrari.

SPOX: Is it true that Pirelli wanted you to be their test driver for the 2011 tires?
KR: About that you have to talk to Steve (Robertson, Raikkonen's manager, Ed)

SPOX: You see the formula one now from the outside. What bothers you about the premier class?
KR: In Formula 1 there are too many things more important than the race. It is too political and no one says what he thinks, because he is afraid, it is taken out of context.

SPOX: Do you still check out Formula 1 racing?
KR: Hardly, some starts and highlights. I also hardly have any contact with the other drivers. Sometimes I play badminton with Sebastian Vettel.

SPOX: Can he win the title in 2010?
KR: I think so. But above all he is the nicest guy of them all.

SPOX: You recently published a fashionserie. How did that happen?
KR: My friend Uffe's a great designer who has already designed my helmets. My own style is important to me and therefore we thought to work together to do something. So we have now launch these new caps and some clothes. I hope people like them because it is what I like - cozy and yet cool.
Last edited by Julia on 25 Aug 2010, 08:11, edited 1 time in total.

valuk
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by valuk » 25 Aug 2010, 08:02

Räikkönen: Hätte ich weiterfahren wollen, wäre das kein Problem gewesen. Aber von den Angeboten hat mich nichts wirklich so gereizt, dass ich sofort zusagen hätte müssen. Daher habe ich mich entschieden, jetzt erst mal Rallye zu fahren.
google says "If I want to drive, no problem would have been. But the offers me nothing has really irritated that I would need to commit immediately. Therefore I have decided to now go only once to rally."

This is very literal, but still.

Räikkönen: If I wanted to continue driving (in f1) I would have, no problem. But none of the offers were so appealing that I wanted to say yes right away. So I decided to try rally, for now.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 25 Aug 2010, 08:07

realms wrote:

this is the one bit i remember from the translation ... " teams wanted me to commit immediately " ... does that mean if some f1 teams were willing to offer a drive towards the end of the season , he'd have considered ? ... ( its my F1 optimistic view :) )

yeah, google seems to bee c**p at that point and also at the other speculation point ... I made a better translation of it. Its actually the same answer he have given before... nothing new...

realms
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by realms » 25 Aug 2010, 08:11

Julia wrote:
realms wrote:

yeah, google seems to bee c**p at that point and also at the other speculation point ... I made a better translation of it. Its actually the same answer he have given before... nothing new...
yep nothing new ... but was a nice interview ... thanks .

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by SpaMaster » 25 Aug 2010, 08:18

Lunna: I think he means something like this. "If I wanted to driver, I would have found some drives. But the offers I got last year were not sensible from my point of view. So, I decided to try rally for one year." May be a German here can tell you better what he means.
Curious case of Kimi Raikkonen..

Lunna
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Lunna » 25 Aug 2010, 08:18

valuk wrote:This is very literal, but still.

Räikkönen: If I wanted to continue driving (in f1) I would have, no problem. But none of the offers were so appealing that I wanted to say yes right away. So I decided to try rally, for now.
Thanks, sometimes google is a mess )))

Lunna
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Lunna » 25 Aug 2010, 08:24

SpaMaster wrote:Lunna: I think he means something like this. "If I wanted to driver, I would have found some drives. But the offers I got last year were not sensible from my point of view. So, I decided to try rally for one year." May be a German here can tell you better what he means.
OK, I unserstood ))
in google translation the last part sounded a little bit like "I decided to stay in rally" but earlier he said that there's still a door for F1, so it was confusing )))

and I think - rally for 2011 would be cool ))

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 25 Aug 2010, 08:40

I've found a really nice article. Frigyes Turán is a Hungarian rally driver, actually the highest ranked Hungarian one. He was 8th in Bulgaria, this is the best achievement by a Hungarian rally driver so far. A Hungarian F1 site did an interview with him and they asked him and his co-driver about Kimi. I translated the best parts, here you are. It's more than worth the reading. Not that we didn't know these things but it's nice to hear it from a neutral person. Also there are a couple of funny things in the article too. :D

Turan and his co-driver have an idea why the funny Räikkönen has become the Iceman
Q: As an expert how do you see KR's performance in rally so far?
FT: I've seen him competing in F1 and in WRC rallies too. As if were talking about 2 different people. In F1 he was inaccessible but now he was joking around with the others, kept thinking about how he could tease his rivals. He's relaxed and enjoys himself in this new surrounding of his and to be honest it's a quite hard change from a formula car to a rally car but I have no doubt, he's getting there.

Q: How inaccessible Räikkönen is, does he act like a star during rallies?
FT: In rally nobody is inaccessible. It was interesting because in their environment these guys are incredibly big stars but they don't act like that at all, they are not isolated from each other. During the test we were talking a lot with Hirvonen, Latvala, Block. We didn't talk that much with Räikkönen but our impression was positive. This stardom, the Iceman image is created by the media, it certainly doesn't come from himself. It's a fantastic experience to compete with such stars, let alone pass them.

Q: The media is interested in Räikkönen to a huge extent because we are talking about a star. How can he cope with it?
FT: After the Rally Bulgaria there's a duality in my mind about Räikkönen. The media hype is shocking around him: he's followed everywhere, the cameras are in his face all the time. Obviously it disturbs him, he doesn't like this kind of exaggareted, intrusive interest. Me and my co were lucky enough to meet him behind the scenes. He was absolutely straight and friendly, asked questions with honest interest, smiled too! In my opinion in his private life he must be a straightforward and cool guy.

Q: Though his statements don't suggest it, it's not impossible for him to return to F1. In your opinion how good is it to compete in a totally new serie for 1 year?
FT: Time will tell whether it was a good decision by him or not. One thing is sure though: it's better to compete than not to compete and for him it's a quite big an experience to drive in the WRC. He sits in a race car, he can go flat out, he pushes to the maximum and he even enjoys it. That's the most important.

Gábor Zsíros, Frigyes Turán's co-driver: Räikkönen is relaxed

Q: How could a co-driver help to a beginner rally driver?
GZS: I've helped a couple of beginner drivers and I could witness many interesting things. Common mistake is that a lot of them tries to go from A to B in the fastest way. In the meantime they don't pay attention to the curves' arches, don't find the right braking points and instead of speeding the right way they sliding. Here comes the big role of the co-drivers, we have to calm down the beginners because they don't have any experience in writing the pace notes and they want to be very cool - that's why there can be big crashes. When these problems are solved then we have to make them believe that in some places one can go faster because from that on the bravery counts.

Q: What is your impression about Räikkönen?
GZS: From what we've seen about him we think that in fact he is a very funny guy. In Portugal, for example, during the autograph session he removed Loeb's chair so he had to stand. The long and short of it, I saw him much more relaxed than in F1.
http://www.f1hirek.hu/hir/Turanek_sejti ... 1008241600

Hungarians: feel free to correct my translation if there's anything that's not accurate :blush:

sammyosammy
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sammyosammy » 25 Aug 2010, 08:45

SPOX: That means, the Formula 1 fans are never again going to see you in a GP car?
KR: I would not say that. We'll see. First, let's take this season to end and then clarify some things. Then we'll see.

This is the part that makes me :huh: Clarify some things???

Lunna
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Lunna » 25 Aug 2010, 09:32

sammyosammy wrote:SPOX: That means, the Formula 1 fans are never again going to see you in a GP car?

This is the part that makes me :huh: Clarify some things???
Maybe he wants to clarify he's level of competitiveness, to see he's progress in the last races. Maybe not… who knows :O

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 25 Aug 2010, 10:16

Kinga wrote:I've found a really nice article. Frigyes Turán is a Hungarian rally driver, actually the highest ranked Hungarian one. He was 8th in Bulgaria, this is the best achievement by a Hungarian rally driver so far. A Hungarian F1 site did an interview with him and they asked him and his co-driver about Kimi. I translated the best parts, here you are. It's more than worth the reading. Not that we didn't know these things but it's nice to hear it from a neutral person. Also there are a couple of funny things in the article too. :D

Turan and his co-driver have an idea why the funny Räikkönen has become the Iceman

http://www.f1hirek.hu/hir/Turanek_sejti ... 1008241600

Hungarians: feel free to correct my translation if there's anything that's not accurate :blush:
Great minds think alike :)
Sorry Kinga, but Kriss was faster, although she translated only part of the artickle.
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

LadyR

Post by LadyR » 25 Aug 2010, 10:48

New video is online on KR official side.... :cool:

http://kimiraikkonen.com/videos/11.asp

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 25 Aug 2010, 11:02

Quesnel expects top fives from Raikkonen :thumbsup:

By Charlie Contadeli

Former Formula One world champion Kimi Raikkonen should be looking to finish in the top five on the next two rounds of the World Rally Championship, according to his team principal Olivier Quesnel.

The Finn, who was up to fourth on the first asphalt event of the year in Bulgaria, was seventh in Germany last week. But Quesnel defended Raikkonen saying the Trier-based event was harder to learn.

“Germany was not easy,” said Quesnel. “The surface is changing all of the time, it’s not so easy to come here for the first time. Don’t forget, in Bulgaria, it was everybody’s first time there. I think he will be faster in the next two [asphalt rounds]. France is new to everybody and Spain is a little bit more like the circuit. I think he will be in the top five on both of those rallies.”

Quesnel added that he hoped to retain Raikkonen for next season, but admitted it was anything but a foregone conclusion. Raikkonen is now thought to be in discussions with other WRC teams about 2011 and beyond.

“We want Kimi Raikkonen with us next year,” said Quesnel. “I don’t know if he comes. I didn’t speak with him yet, but we like him here and we want him to drive a Citroen again next year.”

Raikkonen has made no further comment on his future. The Finn insists he would like to remain in the WRC, but he refuses to close the door on a possible return to Formula One.
http://www.maxrally.com/news/entry/ques ... raikkonen/
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 25 Aug 2010, 11:08

That sounds good!!! Thanks for posting. :)

I think and hope he will be in top 5 in France and in Spain too! :pray: