The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Soren
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by Soren » 20 Aug 2010, 07:13

sammyosammy wrote:
Wolfie wrote:
sammyosammy wrote:
Wolfie wrote:
luieluv wrote:The day has just ended for me in a very very confusing state.

All I can or rather we can do is :pray:
For me it just cleared up everything - is it because I'm a Finn :blink:

Now I know he has something planned and I'm not giving up on the Red Bull in 2011.

Just read through Heikki's articles, there are hints dropped here and there :O
There really is :huh:
Some sick idea just crossed my mind :blink:
What sick idea, Sammy :blink:
If the babyboomboom sees his/her´s first daylight at the end of 2010, sabbathical 2011 could it be

Just crossed my mind :zz:
He can race even if she is preggers. Even Massa did that and he is pussywhipped.

Ludy - why would Kimi automatically be treated badly if he returned to F1? Ok, he was ripped of the 2008 c'ship by Ferrari by their Massa campaign and replaced because of the Santander deal. However, if he were to join another team then it would be a new scenario. If they hire him its because they believe he can win the championship. Just my opinion :)
Join our feisty Kimi Raikkonen group on Facebook
Click and join :D
Click here to follow us on Twitter as well

Iana
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Iana » 20 Aug 2010, 07:22

He can race even if she is preggers. Even Massa did that and he is pussywhipped.

Ludy - why would Kimi automatically be treated badly if he returned to F1? Ok, he was ripped of the 2008 c'ship by Ferrari by their Massa campaign and replaced because of the Santander deal. However, if he were to join another team then it would be a new scenario. If they hire him its because they believe he can win the championship. Just my opinion :)[/quote]

My opinion too. The problem is, can he belive they give him a car that can win?

Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Vida » 20 Aug 2010, 07:31

sammyosammy wrote:
Wolfie wrote:
sammyosammy wrote:
Wolfie wrote:
luieluv wrote:The day has just ended for me in a very very confusing state.

All I can or rather we can do is :pray:
For me it just cleared up everything - is it because I'm a Finn :blink:

Now I know he has something planned and I'm not giving up on the Red Bull in 2011.

Just read through Heikki's articles, there are hints dropped here and there :O
There really is :huh:
Some sick idea just crossed my mind :blink:
What sick idea, Sammy :blink:
really not sick but a big happy one

"We will see that later. There are a lot of things involved. There is nothing yet and it could be that nothing happens, Räikkönen says mysteriously".

If the babyboomboom sees his/her´s first daylight at the end of 2010, sabbathical 2011 could it be

Just crossed my mind :zz:
no sign of the babyboomboom happening yet.. :)

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 20 Aug 2010, 07:53

I give up :confused:
Raikkonen still quiet on 2011 options

Kimi Raikkonen is refusing to commit either to the world rally championship or to Formula One for the 2011 season.

The Finn switched to the WRC with Red Bull-sponsored Citroen in 2010, after Ferrari bought out the remaining year on his F1 contract.

His rally contract is for 2010 only, and there has been speculation that he might return to Formula One next season -- perhaps alongside Robert Kubica at Renault.

But in an interview with Turun Sanomat, the 30-year-old insisted he did not move to rallying because he lacked opportunities in F1.

"It's not that I had no offers there (in F1)," he is quoted as saying. "If I had wanted to be there now, I am sure I would have been driving.

"But there was nothing sensible, so I chose something else."

When Raikkonen was asked if he is therefore leaning towards staying in rally, he answered cryptically: "We will see. There are still a number of things to be done and it may be that nothing happens."

Rumours indicate he might stay in rallying in 2011 but change teams. :huh:
http://motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=382802&FS=F1

saif
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by saif » 20 Aug 2010, 09:43

Kriss wrote:I give up :confused:

Kimi Raikkonen is refusing to commit either to the world rally championship or to Formula One for the 2011 season.

The Finn switched to the WRC with Red Bull-sponsored Citroen in 2010, after Ferrari bought out the remaining year on his F1 contract.

His rally contract is for 2010 only, and there has been speculation that he might return to Formula One next season -- perhaps alongside Robert Kubica at Renault.

But in an interview with Turun Sanomat, the 30-year-old insisted he did not move to rallying because he lacked opportunities in F1.

"It's not that I had no offers there (in F1)," he is quoted as saying. "If I had wanted to be there now, I am sure I would have been driving.

When Raikkonen was asked if he is therefore leaning towards staying in rally, he answered cryptically: "We will see. There are still a number of things to be done and it may be that nothing happens."

Yesterday in Rallye Deutschland pre event Press Conference, this question was asked to Matthew Wilson
Q: You have spoken about strengthening the team – is that still the plan for next year and how are you going to do that?
MW: We are always looking at ways to strengthen the team, to finish on the podium and score points in the Championship. We are still looking at ways to make some changes, but we are not in a position to make any announcements, probably until the end of November.

could Kimi be the change he is talking about :huh:
Whats the purpose of life? Is Life Just A Game? Find out the answers: http://www.OneReason.org/

http://www.twitter.com/saifsultan

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 20 Aug 2010, 10:44

saif wrote:

Yesterday in Rallye Deutschland pre event Press Conference, this question was asked to Matthew Wilson
Q: You have spoken about strengthening the team – is that still the plan for next year and how are you going to do that?
MW: We are always looking at ways to strengthen the team, to finish on the podium and score points in the Championship. We are still looking at ways to make some changes, but we are not in a position to make any announcements, probably until the end of November.

could Kimi be the change he is talking about :huh:
Hasn't it been quite clear a long time that they going to have a new driver i storbarth next year? They flirted with Ogier but that didnt work out. And yes they probably even flirted with Kimi (hasn't they done it since the first time he mentioned that he want to try rallying ... he is marketing vise a wet dream for every rally team i think) but Red bull and monster both in ford is not possible and Kimi to split with RB not likely (in my wive). The more logical new persons are duval or andersson who both have said that they are targeting a full season next year (autosport stories from yesterday) and both are tested by ford at the moment.

Just my two cents...

Sébastien Loeb
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sébastien Loeb » 20 Aug 2010, 11:01

I think team Tommi Mäkinen

Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Vida » 20 Aug 2010, 11:59

Never say never

Big marketing powers are needed to bring alive Räikkönen's enthusiasm to drive in F1 again.

One year ago Räikkönen himself believed that he would be driving for Ferrari in F1. Everything changed during Aug-Sep.

It might still happen again. In the top of motorsport everything is always possible starting from injuries to surprising firings.

Trier/Heikki Kulta
I was wondering about that sentence... big marketing a.k.a redbull?

Ice-Ludy
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ice-Ludy » 20 Aug 2010, 12:47

Iana wrote:He can race even if she is preggers. Even Massa did that and he is pussywhipped.

Ludy - why would Kimi automatically be treated badly if he returned to F1? Ok, he was ripped of the 2008 c'ship by Ferrari by their Massa campaign and replaced because of the Santander deal. However, if he were to join another team then it would be a new scenario. If they hire him its because they believe he can win the championship. Just my opinion :)
My opinion too. The problem is, can he belive they give him a car that can win?[/quote]

Iana, I don't think F1 is able to understand a person like Kimi. He's to sincere and an straightforward person. People in F1 are not use to that, they don't like who are like that and they like to be spoiled. Besides, no matter the team, even in Red Bull Racing, politics and money always comes ahead. In F1 only these two issues control anything. Plus, there is always the media... Sorry...I have a sad and bitter point of view on F1!!! :fear:
Octeto Racing Team's Blog: http://www.octetort.com
“Even a small star shines in the darkness”

Lynx'niK
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Lynx'niK » 20 Aug 2010, 13:30

Vida wrote:
Never say never

Big marketing powers are needed to bring alive Räikkönen's enthusiasm to drive in F1 again.

One year ago Räikkönen himself believed that he would be driving for Ferrari in F1. Everything changed during Aug-Sep.

It might still happen again. In the top of motorsport everything is always possible starting from injuries to surprising firings.

Trier/Heikki Kulta
http://www.f1zone.net/posting.php?mode= ... 2&p=204584
I was wondering about that sentence... big marketing a.k.a redbull?
Vida, you´re a smart girl! I just wondered about this too. Big maketing what. . .? Never ever I would think of RBR in that case, it just didn´t crossed my mind. Nice conclusion, Holmes. Thanks! :hug:

BTW why Heikki starts to talk in riddles, isn´t it enough if k1m1 does that all the time? :lol: :blink:
GOODBYE KIMI
GOODBYE RÄIKKÖNEN

http://www.youtube.com/user/niQlettsche

Lynx'niK
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Lynx'niK » 20 Aug 2010, 14:11

Part of an interview with Kaj, just found now from kurier.

Hat Kimi das Potential, um eines Tages Rallyeweltmeister zu werden?
Zuerst einmal muss Kimi eine Entscheidung treffen, ob er nächstes Jahr in der Rallye bleibt, oder ob er in die Formel 1 zurückkehren will.

rough translation.
Is Kimi rallye worldchamipon material? Can he become a champ?
First of all, Kimi has to decide whether he stays at Rallye or if he wants to go back to F1.

--------------------------

Kaj mentions just F1 and Rallye. Me thinks K1m1 just playin around with the journos sayin 'could be this or that'. Guess in reality there are still two ways to go.
GOODBYE KIMI
GOODBYE RÄIKKÖNEN

Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Vida » 20 Aug 2010, 14:12

:) yeah... there is so many riddle in heikki's article... wondering whether he knew something but hide it in his words... LOL it's making me crazy...

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 20 Aug 2010, 14:13

wow Lynx'nik Kaj said that, i think kimi is going back to f1.
when i know it...........K.Raikkonen

Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Vida » 20 Aug 2010, 14:16

well maria.. we never knew what will happen until he said so :) that is kimi alrite

Lynx'niK
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Lynx'niK » 20 Aug 2010, 14:17

Maria d wrote:wow Lynx'nik Kaj said that, i think kimi is going back to f1.
yep, that´s his words. :O
but please don´t ask for translating the hole interviewhttp://kurier.at/sport/motorsport/2025347.php
It´s nothin new besides that Kaj clarifies things a bit. Oh, and he mentions that 09 k1m1 seemed a bit 'nervous', now here in rallye he´s waay more relaxed.
GOODBYE KIMI
GOODBYE RÄIKKÖNEN