The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by Wolfie » 19 Aug 2010, 19:35

luieluv wrote:hopefully drac will watch it. we are counting on u drac.
I just saw it, hopefully Dracaena can tell about it while I translate Heikki Kulta's story :pray:
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 19 Aug 2010, 19:43

Wolfie wrote:
luieluv wrote:hopefully drac will watch it. we are counting on u drac.
I just saw it, hopefully Dracaena can tell about it while I translate Heikki Kulta's story :pray:
:pray: :pray:
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

saif
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by saif » 19 Aug 2010, 19:54

Wolfie wrote:
Never say never

Turun Sanomat 19.8 2010 22:24:39

Kolumni 19.8.

Kimi Räikkönen has just given a whole bunch of autographs to German fans. We are sitting in Citroen's lounge, just the two of us. In the afternoon Räikkönen let understand in MTV3's interview that his leaf in F1 would by this stage be already turned.

When I pressed him asking him if this was the final decision, the rally rookie makes faces, tosses and turns and almost whispers so uneasily that even the experts on exposing lies would most certainly not be convinced that the reply is truthful.

Of course the subject is difficult for the driver when there are no contracts - hardly even negotiations - about next season. At this moment continuing in rally is yet the option that interests him more.

It's as if he would have to choose between morning porridge with strawberry jam and sugar or just porridge. Rally would offer him sweetness for his whole belly even though the other option would offer remarkably more money.

Räikkönen has always been an individual with a strong will. A Finn who is stubborn and walks his own path, who bystanders can influence only by confirming the man's decision.

The old saying says 'never say never' - and you have reason to believe in this at this stage. The only thing that is certain is that Räikkönen doesn't drive his last year in rally but it's not yet certain if the rally career continues in 2011.

Big marketing powers are needed to bring alive Räikkönen's enthusiasm to drive in F1 again.

One year ago Räikkönen himself believed that he would be driving for Ferrari in F1. Everything changed during Aug-Sep.

It might still happen again. In the top of motorsport everything is always possible starting from injuries to surprising firings.

Trier/Heikki Kulta
thanks Nicole! NEVER SAY NEVER
Whats the purpose of life? Is Life Just A Game? Find out the answers: http://www.OneReason.org/

http://www.twitter.com/saifsultan

Dracaena
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dracaena » 19 Aug 2010, 19:55

Noooo people, don't count on me! I'm super sleep deprived.

I just watched it. It was pretty much the same stuff as in the written article. As I said, this was just a video version. The part about F1 was so mumbly I don't know what he said exactly but it didn't seem like anything novel to me. "Mumble mumble mumble I could've gone to F1 but mumble mumble". If he said "I'm done with F1", I surely missed it, perhaps it was in the one of the "mumbles". I admit I should've had my TV on louder.

He did say that maybe he won't drive anything but then he continued with something like "let's see what we can come up with". I didn't get the feeling that he's going to stop driving. I got the feeling that perhaps the Robertsons are working hard on making something happen. He said that this year of rally has been about learning and as difficult as he expected. He didn't say anything to suggest that he's definitely staying in rally.

Hopefully someone else saw it as well. Based on what I could comprehend of the interview he might be competing in tractor pulling next year for all I know. I'm sorry people, I can translate Finnish into English but Kimi's mumbles are still a language too foreign to me :blush: ...

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 19 Aug 2010, 19:55

This was strange since when I saw the interview I thought exactly the same as Heikki Kulta - and I hadn't read his article.

Kimi was looking in the other direction and scratching his neck - anyone who knows body language knows that he wasn't telling the truth.

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 19 Aug 2010, 19:56

Wolfie wrote:
Never say never

Turun Sanomat 19.8 2010 22:24:39

Kolumni 19.8.

Kimi Räikkönen has just given a whole bunch of autographs to German fans. We are sitting in Citroen's lounge, just the two of us. In the afternoon Räikkönen let understand in MTV3's interview that his leaf in F1 would by this stage be already turned.

When I pressed him asking him if this was the final decision, the rally rookie makes faces, tosses and turns and almost whispers so uneasily that even the experts on exposing lies would most certainly not be convinced that the reply is truthful.

Of course the subject is difficult for the driver when there are no contracts - hardly even negotiations - about next season. At this moment continuing in rally is yet the option that interests him more.

It's as if he would have to choose between morning porridge with strawberry jam and sugar or just porridge. Rally would offer him sweetness for his whole belly even though the other option would offer remarkably more money.

Räikkönen has always been an individual with a strong will. A Finn who is stubborn and walks his own path, who bystanders can influence only by confirming the man's decision.

The old saying says 'never say never' - and you have reason to believe in this at this stage. The only thing that is certain is that Räikkönen doesn't drive his last year in rally but it's not yet certain if the rally career continues in 2011.

Big marketing powers are needed to bring alive Räikkönen's enthusiasm to drive in F1 again.

One year ago Räikkönen himself believed that he would be driving for Ferrari in F1. Everything changed during Aug-Sep.

It might still happen again. In the top of motorsport everything is always possible starting from injuries to surprising firings.

Trier/Heikki Kulta
Brilliant one from Heikki. :thumbsup:
Thanks Nicole. Finally some relief.

Feels Better.
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Anelise
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Anelise » 19 Aug 2010, 19:57

Thanks Nicole!!!!!!!! :cool: :hug:

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 19 Aug 2010, 19:57

Oi, looks like they had a long chat and there are a lot of articles coming :lol:

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 19 Aug 2010, 19:58

Dracaena wrote:Noooo people, don't count on me! I'm super sleep deprived.

I just watched it. It was pretty much the same stuff as in the written article. As I said, this was just a video version. The part about F1 was so mumbly I don't know what he said exactly but it didn't seem like anything novel to me. "Mumble mumble mumble I could've gone to F1 but mumble mumble". If he said "I'm done with F1", I surely missed it, perhaps it was in the one of the "mumbles". I admit I should've had my TV on louder.

He did say that maybe he won't drive anything but then he continued with something like "let's see what we can come up with". I didn't get the feeling that he's going to stop driving. I got the feeling that perhaps the Robertsons are working hard on making something happen. He said that this year of rally has been about learning and as difficult as he expected. He didn't say anything to suggest that he's definitely staying in rally.

Hopefully someone else saw it as well. Based on what I could comprehend of the interview he might be competing in tractor pulling next year for all I know. I'm sorry people, I can translate Finnish into English but Kimi's mumbles are still a language too foreign to me :blush: ...
Thanks a lot Drac. Nice insights. Kimi is just playing around..

Dracaena
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dracaena » 19 Aug 2010, 19:59

Oh, and he did throw in the classic "I'll tell what I've decided when I know it".

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 19 Aug 2010, 20:01

I was right, I'll start translating them now but one thing is worth mentioning before that: Turun Sanomat removed the news from MTV3 from their site :p

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 19 Aug 2010, 20:06

Wolfie wrote:This was strange since when I saw the interview I thought exactly the same as Heikki Kulta - and I hadn't read his article.

Kimi was looking in the other direction and scratching his neck - anyone who knows body language knows that he wasn't telling the truth.
I don't think Kimi is the type to lie outright, he was probably just uncomfortable talking about it or maybe a little bit sad that he will not be going back to F1. :confused:

I really hope we'll still get to see Kimi racing somewhere next year, even if it's not F1. :pray:

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 19 Aug 2010, 20:11

sleenster wrote:
Wolfie wrote:This was strange since when I saw the interview I thought exactly the same as Heikki Kulta - and I hadn't read his article.

I don't think Kimi is the type to lie outright, he was probably just uncomfortable talking about it or maybe a little bit sad that he will not be going back to F1. :confused:

I really hope we'll still get to see Kimi racing somewhere next year, even if it's not F1. :pray:
I completely understand that Kimi is not of a type who would lie.

But if Heikki is saying that Kimi's reply dint seemed truthful then we have to go with the feeling that Kimi just doesnt want to disclose anything at the moment.

Dracaena
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dracaena » 19 Aug 2010, 20:13

I'm not keen on Kimi going back to F1 but if he did, it would be a cool move to first give MTV3 an exclusive interview telling that he's 100% never going back to F1 and actually he has decided to not drive anything and instead stay home and be a stay-at-home dad or become a proper alcoholic or start a gorilla costume sweatshop. And then (when MTV3 already have the big news up on their web site) next go give Heikki Kulta an exclusive interview telling that he's going back to F1 and he has a contract with team X.

But he's not good enough of a liar.
Last edited by Dracaena on 19 Aug 2010, 20:14, edited 1 time in total.

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 19 Aug 2010, 20:14

Of course the subject is difficult for the driver when there are no contracts - hardly even negotiations - about next season.
that's not very promising #Fear

thanks Nikki and Dracaena :hug: