Kimi's columns

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
dindi
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Kimi's columns

Post by dindi » 19 Aug 2010, 03:40

Kiitos, Nikki darling!

ish678
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by ish678 » 19 Aug 2010, 16:11

Thank you, Wolfie! :)

Iana
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Iana » 25 Aug 2010, 07:52

Raikkonen predicts strong weekend for Ferrari

Kimi Raikkonen thinks Ferrari could be set for a competitive weekend at Spa-Francorchamps.

The Finn, whose Belgian Grand Prix win last year was his final victory in Formula One, admitted that the famous track is one he will miss now that he is a rally driver.

"It would have been nice to drive there," Raikkonen admitted in an interview with Turun Sanomat.

"It is a great track and was always nice to race there," added the 30-year-old, who won the event four times.

Raikkonen even won last August, with the generally uncompetitive 2009 Ferrari.

"Of course, you have to have a good car, and even though the Ferrari last year was not a top car, it was good enough," he said.

"I guess they will be in a strong position (in 2010)," he added, referring to Ferrari's current lineup for this weekend's event of Fernando Alonso alongside Felipe Massa.

The Italian team will have yet another diffuser development fitted to the F10 car this weekend.

"Red Bull do not have as good an engine and will not win as easily," predicted the 2007 world champion.

"It is hard to say. McLaren will also be fast on the straights, and even stronger at Monza," said Raikkonen, even though reports are emerging that the British team will run without its famous F-duct in Italy in three weeks.

Generally, however, Raikkonen said he does not miss F1 at all.

"A couple of races I missed (on TV) completely and I had no interest to watch it afterwards. It's not deliberate, just that I have no interest staring at the TV at what they're doing (in F1)," he insisted.

http://www.motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=383418

http://www.f1today.nl/20100824/raikkone ... p-spa.html

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 25 Aug 2010, 08:26

That's not a Kimi column I guess, or is it?
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

Iana
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Iana » 25 Aug 2010, 08:34

Donn't know where to put it! :blush:

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 25 Aug 2010, 09:07

Iana wrote:Donn't know where to put it! :blush:
No big deal :)
Off-Topic: show
Thanks for the artickles
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

Arli Racegirl
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Arli Racegirl » 25 Aug 2010, 09:34

The Kimi's column already in his site.
Kimi German Rally Review

FASTEST STAGE TIME AND SOME POINTS
http://www.kimiraikkonen.com/
For sure, it’s a nice spice of this sport every single rally being so different from each other.

Obviouly I didn’t have a clue what to expect from German Rally. In the end of the day it did not have that much to do with the real tarmac rallies. The roads were very dirty and some parts we had on gravel, too.

The main thing for us was to finish the rally. We did that, we got all the important miles eith the race speed plus we got more points to our total, too.

Once again I learn more of rally driving. We made a couple of mistakes and you cannot change that afterwards. I have to learn everything by myself and while making a mistake you always learn the most.

Before the rally many people asked me how much easier it is for me to have a rally on asphalt after racing in circuits for such a long time. Well, I can tell you, it’s not that huge advantage for me in rallies on tarmac. In Germany it felt great to go fast there. The roads were narrow and you have keep the focus at the peak all the time.

It was not easy. No question about that. Again, I had to search the reight rhythm in the beginning.

This is a very challenging rally and good for us, it’s over and done. Well, I made two mistakes on Sunday morning and because of that, Wilson managed to pass us and got the position six. I had a bad feeling for some time for loosing some points, but all in all, it’s important to keep on going with the patience and remember that making mistakes belongs to the process of learning rallies.

The pace notes worked quite well. The was no problem with that side it felt nice.

This was my third ever tarmarc rally with this Red Bull Citroen C4 car and my second WRC asphalt rally. I’m satisfied with gaining a lot of more experience from the asphalt rally driving. Im also happy for gaining my first ever fastesr stage timr in WRC rallies. I don’t know how much the top guys slowed it down in the last stage, but for a racing driver, the fastest time is always the fastest time.

Now we have a short break again. The nest rally in calendar is Japan and we don’t have any test before that. Obviously Japan will be very difficult for me as a rookie. I have heard that those stages are quite trickly.

But we keep on trying to do our best and let’s wait and see, what kind of speed we find there. Once again my target is to finish that rally, too
THE ICEMAN BRASIL - KIMI RAIKKONEN http://www.kimiraikkonenbrasil.com/
MY TWITTER http://twitter.com/Arli_Racegirl

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 08 Sep 2010, 18:04

Kimi Rally Japan preview in Finnish
HARD DAYS, HARD NIGHTS

Everybody says that Japan's rally is difficult. I'm sure it's true, I don't know because I haven't drove this rally before but I do know that it's just as difficult for all the drivers and teams.

Nobody knows these roads that well beforehand. Of course for a first-timer like me it's one rally again for sure where we are a bit more 'out' in the beginning than we would be somewhere else.

This route has been made the same way as in Finland. We go fast and we have to be really exact with the notes - just like in Jyväskylä. I've been racing so many times in Japan that I know that the weather can be almost anything. There's no shortage of challenges when there's rain, mud and whatever else on the road.

This is a long rally. We do a long day when driving from six in the morning to late in the evening. We know that if it's difficult for me then it's just as difficult for the others too. Everybody makes mistakes in a race like this.

Those who make least mistakes also do the best.

At first everything is of course the same as always. When we put the helmet on we have to go fast. We have our share of doing and learning.

After Germany's rally we haven't had any tests. We just go straight on the lane and start looking for the right speed again. I think that we should probably slowly hurry again so that we are on the safe side. My goals are the same as usual: get to the finish line, collect the kilometers and if everything goes well we will get some WC-points again for sure.

The fans in Japan must be the most enthusiastic fans. I already have three big icehockey-bags filled with toys, hats and other fan-stuff that they have made.

There they have followed me from F1 to rally and it's great when they support like that.
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Ice-Ludy
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ice-Ludy » 08 Sep 2010, 18:12

Wolfie wrote:Kimi Rally Japan preview in Finnish
HARD DAYS, HARD NIGHTS

Everybody says that Japan's rally is difficult. I'm sure it's true, I don't know because I haven't drove this rally before but I do know that it's just as difficult for all the drivers and teams.

Nobody knows these roads that well beforehand. Of course for a first-timer like me it's one rally again for sure where we are a bit more 'out' in the beginning than we would be somewhere else.

This route has been made the same way as in Finland. We go fast and we have to be really exact with the notes - just like in Jyväskylä. I've been racing so many times in Japan that I know that the weather can be almost anything. There's no shortage of challenges when there's rain, mud and whatever else on the road.

This is a long rally. We do a long day when driving from six in the morning to late in the evening. We know that if it's difficult for me then it's just as difficult for the others too. Everybody makes mistakes in a race like this.

Those who make least mistakes also do the best.

At first everything is of course the same as always. When we put the helmet on we have to go fast. We have our share of doing and learning.

After Germany's rally we haven't had any tests. We just go straight on the lane and start looking for the right speed again. I think that we should probably slowly hurry again so that we are on the safe side. My goals are the same as usual: get to the finish line, collect the kilometers and if everything goes well we will get some WC-points again for sure.

The fans in Japan must be the most enthusiastic fans. I already have three big icehockey-bags filled with toys, hats and other fan-stuff that they have made.

There they have followed me from F1 to rally and it's great when they support like that.
Thanks Nicole! :O
Octeto Racing Team's Blog: http://www.octetort.com
“Even a small star shines in the darkness”

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 08 Sep 2010, 18:25

Thank you all fans from Japan :)
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Anelise
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Anelise » 08 Sep 2010, 18:27

Thanks Nicole!!!!!! :hug:

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 08 Sep 2010, 19:23

Wolfie wrote:Thank you all fans from Japan :)
+1 and also thanks to Nicole :)
I miss a babysitter

YiNing
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by YiNing » 08 Sep 2010, 19:50

Thanks Nicole!! I posted this on KRS.

icemaid
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by icemaid » 09 Sep 2010, 01:20

Wolfie wrote:Kimi Rally Japan preview in Finnish
HARD DAYS, HARD NIGHTS

Love this!
Thanks Wolfie!

luviceman
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by luviceman » 09 Sep 2010, 10:15

Moominpappa wrote:
Wolfie wrote:Thank you all fans from Japan :)
+1 and also thanks to Nicole :)
+2 and +1 :lol:

thank you, Nicole :hug: