The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by Wolfie » 18 Aug 2010, 10:11

Vida wrote:yeah kimi please return to f1 :)
:hug:

Loiste:
One of my friends who has relations with a Rally World said to me that it was Kimi who asked PB put off the next deal with Citroen.
I guess everybody remember that once this deal was too close, but it didn't happen.
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 18 Aug 2010, 10:14

Wolfie wrote:
Here is his e-mail address:

heikki.kulta@ts.fi
I am going to Spam him with tons of emails :p

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 18 Aug 2010, 10:15

Loiste wrote:
Dear Galya,

Thanks for the nice greetings. I was in Jyvaskyla with my photographer and he showed immediately afterwards the picture he took from you and told that he asked your name to publish it in the picture gallery.

Well, now I've had a nice two weeks vacation here in Finland and now I'm up to go to Germany to see Kimi's next rally this weekend. As much as I hope him good future with WRC, deep inside I still would like to see him go back to F1. He would still have a lot to give to grand prix racing and knowing the media back there, many journalists and team bosses would like to see him race there again.

Did you happen to see my special interview with Alonso, where even he said that he misses racing against Kimi!

All the best for you
Heikki
:blush:
Beefree88:
Thanks Galya for sharing this with us!

Kulta is still my hero, and not just because he supports Kimi. I wish he would write in english too.
He'll be with Kimi in Germany, yay! :shhh:

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 18 Aug 2010, 10:38

Wolfie wrote:
beefree88 wrote: Wow! What a gem again! :shhh: :shhh: :shhh:
I don't think Kiwimaki is right though. Kimi probably choose it exactly because it's clear and needs no wondering of what it means what Kaj just said. You don't need to be autistic for that. Scales, measures and proportions come natural for Kimi while words not as much. He has problem with the notes because he needs to plit his attention between them and driving. In that area he has a double hindrace since he has to break a 20years old habit that fitted him better than what he has to learn now.
I remember a documentary about a guy who was slightly autistic, he used to see everything in numbers. If it is easier for Kimi to use numbers then I believe him more instead of some guy who isn't familiar with the number-system and has some prejudice against it.

It wouldn't be strange if it wold be Kimi's way to see things in numbers especially when driving. If Kivimäki has problems processing the numbers he should understand that people are unique.

But you are right beefree, it doesn't have to mean that Kimi has an autistic trait.

@ Apple, thanks for the information about Kimi already trying and skipping the traditional notes!
Well, I don't think it's necessarily about numbers. More like experiencing things. Remember what Hitsa sad about Kimi: he has an exceptional level of awareness of time, space and speed. He senses them without needing to think about them. The numbers system is proportional, the elements relate to each other. The old sytem however seems to be figurative, medium left, full left or bad left doesn't relate to each other in any way.
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 18 Aug 2010, 10:46

Nice way of describing it, beefree :)

Sounds correct too.

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 18 Aug 2010, 10:48

iceman1 wrote:
Wolfie wrote:

heikki.kulta@ts.fi
What :fear:

About Kimi's future?

realms
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by realms » 18 Aug 2010, 11:02

Wolfie wrote:
iceman1 wrote:
Wolfie wrote:

heikki.kulta@ts.fi
What :fear:

About Kimi's future?
i think that was just a reaction to putting a email address in public .

apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by apple » 18 Aug 2010, 11:02

beefree88 wrote:
Wolfie wrote:
I don't think Kiwimaki is right though. Kimi probably choose it exactly because it's clear and needs no wondering of what it means what Kaj just said. You don't need to be autistic for that. Scales, measures and proportions come natural for Kimi while words not as much. He has problem with the notes because he needs to plit his attention between them and driving. In that area he has a double hindrace since he has to break a 20years old habit that fitted him better than what he has to learn now.
I remember a documentary about a guy who was slightly autistic, he used to see everything in numbers. If it is easier for Kimi to use numbers then I believe him more instead of some guy who isn't familiar with the number-system and has some prejudice against it.

It wouldn't be strange if it wold be Kimi's way to see things in numbers especially when driving. If Kivimäki has problems processing the numbers he should understand that people are unique.

But you are right beefree, it doesn't have to mean that Kimi has an autistic trait.

@ Apple, thanks for the information about Kimi already trying and skipping the traditional notes!
Well, I don't think it's necessarily about numbers. More like experiencing things. Remember what Hitsa sad about Kimi: he has an exceptional level of awareness of time, space and speed. He senses them without needing to think about them. The numbers system is proportional, the elements relate to each other. The old sytem however seems to be figurative, medium left, full left or bad left doesn't relate to each other in any way.
In the old system they use word codes to descripe how tight the corner is.
Kimi has driven around corners all his life, he knows probably every variation about corners. Its faster and easier to use numbers and with Kimis ability to "see" the figures , it probably is the right thing to do right now. Basic elements are there to learn. They can for example add highlighted elements to Kimis notes as his skills improve, I mean Kaj maybe can use his tone of voice more than now. It would be probably quite a surprise to Kimi if Kaj suddenly shouts" damn bad corner , 150 right! We know Kimi doesnt like shouting but sometimes its the way to warn about the very tricky place.

Loiste
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Loiste » 18 Aug 2010, 11:26

realms wrote:i think that was just a reaction to putting a email address in public .
His email is not a secret) You can find it on TS site)

No need to be smart and clever to understand that he sais nothing about Kimi's futurt even he knows smth.

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 18 Aug 2010, 11:59

Loiste wrote:
realms wrote:i think that was just a reaction to putting a email address in public .
His email is not a secret) You can find it on TS site)

No need to be smart and clever to understand that he sais nothing about Kimi's futurt even he knows smth.
Exactly. Otherwise I would never had put it here. Nowadays all reporters have their e-mail addresses visible which is a good thing IMO.

Heikki Kulta would never betray Kimi or anyone else, you are right Loiste :shhh:

MTV3 tells the following today, something we all know but others have difficulties in accepting/believing:
Marca tells that Santander has improved their image in Spain thanks to F1.

61 % thought that Santander is the best known Ferrari-sponsor. On the web again the percentage went up to 96 % and the magazine doesn't tell how the survey was made.

91,05 % believed that Santander made it possible for Fernando Alonso to switch to Ferrari. The public opinion is that Kimi Räikkönen's Ferrari-deal was bought out with Santander-money.

65 % is now more positive about opening an account in Santander's bank.

70 % would be proud to be a client in a bank that supports Ferrari.

95,9 % thinks that sponsoring F1 improved Santander's image as a strong and leading business company.

Santander has already given out to their Spanish clients 100 000 credit cards with Ferrari's picture. The card will be launched in other countries in Europe and the Latin America during the next few months.

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 18 Aug 2010, 12:01

apple wrote:
beefree88 wrote:
Wolfie wrote:

Kimi has driven around corners all his life, he knows probably every variation about corners. Its faster and easier to use numbers and with Kimis ability to "see" the figures , it probably is the right thing to do right now. Basic elements are there to learn. They can for example add highlighted elements to Kimis notes as his skills improve, I mean Kaj maybe can use his tone of voice more than now. It would be probably quite a surprise to Kimi if Kaj suddenly shouts" damn bad corner , 150 right! We know Kimi doesnt like shouting but sometimes its the way to warn about the very tricky place.
Never thought of that, Apple. Could Kimi take shouting though :lol:

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 18 Aug 2010, 12:38

apple wrote:
beefree88 wrote:
Wolfie wrote:

I remember seeing an interview with different drivers about the different systems of notes they use. Loeb uses very very precise number notes, he even notes how sharp a corner is by having his co-driver call out the angle of the corner like 140 degrees, 150 degrees and so on. He says the more information you have the corner, the faster you can go. Mikko on the otherhand, uses more descriptive notes. But according to Mikko he said, "It doesn't matter what you use for your notes as long as you understand them yourself. You can have horses and rabbits in your notes if you want". :lol:

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 18 Aug 2010, 13:17

Loiste wrote:As much as I hope him good future with WRC, deep inside I still would like to see him go back to F1. He would still have a lot to give to grand prix racing and knowing the media back there, many journalists and team bosses would like to see him race there again.
Oh.My.God.

:fear: Even Heikki, even our dear Heikki Kulta says this. *cries*

My heart's bleeding right now. Kimiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Thank you so much, Loiste, for sharing this letter with us! :hug:

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 18 Aug 2010, 13:36

Kinga wrote:
Loiste wrote:As much as I hope him good future with WRC, deep inside I still would like to see him go back to F1. He would still have a lot to give to grand prix racing and knowing the media back there, many journalists and team bosses would like to see him race there again.
Oh.My.God.

:fear: Even Heikki, even our dear Heikki Kulta says this. *cries*

My heart's bleeding right now. Kimiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Thank you so much, Loiste, for sharing this letter with us! :hug:
:hug:

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 18 Aug 2010, 18:20

Was Raikkonen rather than Heidfeld Pirelli's first choice..?

Whilst it is former Mercedes Grand Prix reserve driver Nick Heidfeld who has been entrusted with helping to develop Pirelli's 2011-spec F1 tyres, sources suggest Kimi Raikkonen was in fact the Italian manufacturer's first choice...

Whilst Nick Heidfeld has been handed a potential lifeline in terms of resurrecting his stalled F1 career next season through his new Pirelli tyre-testing role, it seems the experienced German might not have been the Italian company's first choice – with claims that former world champion Kimi Raikkonen's name was originally at the top of the list.

It was confirmed this week by Mercedes Grand Prix that the Brackley-based outfit has released Heidfeld to focus on his new task [see separate story – click here], with the hope being that the unique knowledge he will accrue from testing the 2011-spec tyre compounds will make the 33-year-old an attractive proposition to a number of teams next season, after a year spent away from the grand prix starting grid.

Following a series of outings at Mugello, Jerez, Monza and Paul Ricard, Pirelli will subsequently put its compounds through their paces in Abu Dhabi in the immediate wake of the final race of the season in November.

However, according to Finnish newspaper Turun Sanomat, it was in fact World Rally Championship-convert Raikkonen who was approached first, only for the 18-time grand prix-winner to turn the offer down to instead give his full concentration to the remainder of his debut WRC campaign.

The 30-year-old's manager Steve Robertson had acknowledged back in June that 'if Pirelli approach us, of course we'll talk about it', adding that everything would depend upon whether 'Kimi is interested by this type of challenge' and how it would fit in alongside his rallying programme.

Citroën is known to be keen to retain Raikkonen's services into a second season, whilst there have also been whispers of forays into IndyCar and the Le Mans 24 Hours, as well as the continually unanswered question of whether F1 is now a closed book for the Espoo native, or merely unfinished business...

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/162493/1/w ... mpaign=rss

Indycar :huh: